Maul weaker in Rebels, Confirmed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://i.imgur.com/00PI4F8.png

smile

**** Rebels, BTW. Most garbage show on Earth. thumb up

quanchi112
I knew it and **** all the idiots who claimed he was in his prime. Retards.

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by quanchi112

Aka Kuckbromemewalker

carthage
Makes sense

quanchi112

AncientPower
TPM Maul was a serious threat to Yoda, a greater duelist than Dooku and by Rebels he was still a Vader tier threat.

TPM Maul >> ESB Vader.

TheIndyJedi
**** Rebels, BTW. Most garbage show on Earth. thumb up
thumb up thumb up

TheIndyJedi
I'm new here btw

DarthPlaguis12

TheIndyJedi
Don't forget Maul has been through some shit. He survived getting cut in half, and survived being tortured by Palpatine. At that point I'm not surprised Maul is weaker in Rebels.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by AncientPower
TPM Maul was a serious threat to Yoda, a greater duelist than Dooku and by Rebels he was still a Vader tier threat.

TPM Maul >> ESB Vader.

Lol What?

Zenwolf
It seemed kinda obvious, but nice at least there's confirmation.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Zenwolf
It seemed kinda obvious, but nice at least there's confirmation.

Apparently Filoni said something about Maul being more powerful in Rebels then he was in TCW and TPM. That's why there was some confusion.

NewGuy01
He didn't.

LordOfTheLight
Did he degrade in the force?

Because if he did, it is strange that Maul actively seeking new sources of knowledge and exploring ancient sites in order to obtain holocrons, as well as being the head of a criminal organization probably being physically active as well, degrades in the force, while Kenobi, doing nothing, but meditating occasionally for the same time period, becomes more powerful. His poor showings do indicate that he may have degraded there as well, since the force plays the most important role in combat.

But at this point of time, what logic can we expect from Disney(Kylo>Luke)?

Rockydonovang
Well, after two years, we've finally got evidence. Maul's post prime. I assume matt martin is part of the story group, Ant?

Makes this really weird though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8mUrtHjRQ

So Maul;s post prime, but he's still comparable to someone who held off sidious's flames for serveral seconds?

It was on a nexus, but for the gap to be that big, then Vader being held holistically as >= Ahsoka makes no sense.

Disney really doesn't give a crap about power levels.

Originally posted by AncientPower

TPM Maul >> ESB Vader.

What?

quanchi112
Only nerds care about power levels Disney wants great stories and to make money and please its fans.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Well, after two years, we've finally got evidence. Maul's post prime. I assume matt martin is part of the story group, Ant?

Makes this really weird though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8mUrtHjRQ

So Maul;s post prime, but he's still comparable to someone who held off sidious's flames for serveral seconds?

It was on a nexus, but for the gap to be that big, then Vader being held holistically as >= Ahsoka makes no sense.

Disney really doesn't give a crap about power levels.

What?

Rebels is not a good show. Except for maybe 3 episodes

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Rebels is not a good show. Except for maybe 3 episodes
Season 4 was consistently good. The commentary applies accurately to the first 3 seasons though.

DarthPlaguis12

Darth Thor

This should teach you to apply your own context to Filonis comments. Unless he says it directly dont use it as evidence.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight

Kylo > Luke may not be that bad because of Luke potentially being out of practice. Kt's hard to gauge power levels in the ST so far.

Especially Rey........

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darth Thor
This should teach you to apply your own context to Filonis comments. Unless he says it directly dont use it as evidence.
What contexts? Lal.

Before matt martin's post we had a single piece of evidence where maul's combative abilities were referenced, said comment implied growth.

In addition we were told Maul's anger and hatred had grown. and we know maul spent most of the 15 being active.

The addition of new evidence doesn't justify skip bayless tier revisionism.

Darth Thor
What contexts? Lal.

Before matt martin's post we had a single piece of evidence where maul's combative abilities were referenced, said comment implied growth.

In addition we were told Maul's anger and hatred had grown. and we know maul spent most of the 15 being active.

The addition of new evidence doesn't justify skip bayless tier revisionism.

So youre still refusing to admit you were Twisting quotes all this time to use as Fake Facts. When you were literally the only one buying into those so called Facts. Wow, the arrogance. Cant say Im surprised though.

Darth Thor
Did he degrade in the force?

Because if he did, it is strange that Maul actively seeking new sources of knowledge and exploring ancient sites in order to obtain holocrons, as well as being the head of a criminal organization probably being physically active as well, degrades in the force, while Kenobi, doing nothing, but meditating occasionally for the same time period, becomes more powerful. His poor showings do indicate that he may have degraded there as well, since the force plays the most important role in combat.

He was supppsedly stranded on Malachor for years. That would explain why he was out of practice. I brought that up as an argument many times but Pro Ashoka camp and the Maul hater camp would just brush that aside as baselsss speculation.

With Kenobi on the other hand, I would think more time meditating would be useful to a Jedi.

LordOfTheLight
Yeah, but how would that factor into him degrading in the force?

I personally just avoided this whole issue.

TheIndyJedi
Season 4 was consistently good. The commentary applies accurately to the first 3 seasons though.

Eh.. IMO Filoni should have killed Ahsoka off. Keeping her alive is just fanservice.
On top of that, there was more of those dumb space whales that we got from season 2. The imperials are just as incompetent as they were before. And they do a lazy job making them feel threatening.
Kanan's death was so predictable. They literally spell it out for you at the beginning of the episode.

Darth Thor
Yeah, but how would that factor into him degrading in the force?

I personally just avoided this whole issue.

I think age has always been a negative, but knowledge, experience, training a positive.

So some users seem to get better with age due to more knowledge, experience, training. But if you just have the age, but without the added knowledge, experience, it will tend to be more of a negative.

Eh.. IMO Filoni should have killed Ahsoka off. Keeping her alive is just fanservice.

Yes. This. Filoni played favourites over story.

TheIndyJedi
I can safely say TCW Maul is > Rebels Ahsoka now.

Darth Thor

Probably. But what about Post-ROTJ Ashoka? Who knows how powerful she will grow to be.

Rockydonovang
Applying occam razor isn't "twisting quotes." I just base my claims based on the least convoluted interpretation of the evidence, and, unlike you, I'm open to new evidence changing my stance.

But hey, let out your negative emotions early, and you might end off happier than the Zabrak in question. Suppression's not a great approach to life, ie: Anakin.

Ahsoka drove Maul back on a nexus, so no, you can't, not unless you have some way to gauge how much he declined.

Also, Ahsoka has like 8 years left to grow as we see her at the rebels. There's also more material for her coming up, so we're better off waiting to see. Here are some key potential takeaways though:

-> In disney canon characters(or at least sith) start to decline earier than they did in legends. Legends Dooku was at his peak in ROTS, Maul declined. at like 50 despite being fairly active post ROTS(with the exception of a 3 year stretch in the middle). Dunno about jedi though, based on Feloni's commentary and Kenobi deepening his connection, it might be the opposite for them

-> We can't assume growth for characters

-> Anger may not amplify dark side powers across the board.

-> Disney canon gives zero ****s about scaling or power levels.

-> Feats may not be a very reliable metric in new canon. LOTS Vader is outclassing Maul's best showing(which clearly uses up all his effort), but a post prime Maul is on the same tier as Rebels Vader?

Darth Thor
Applying occam razor isn't "twisting quotes." I just base my claims based on the least convoluted interpretation of the evidence, and, unlike you, I'm open to new evidence changing my stance.

laughing out loud

I sense a shit load of butthurt.

There was no evidence, because it was never their view. You were given the correct interpretation multiple times, and yet you kept twisting his quote completely out of context so that it supports your preferred stance, and then kept on presenting it as a fact. You even created a whole thread on the subject.

No being told directly to your face that the story group disagrees with your preferential interpretation is not you being open minded. Thats you stuck in a corner and not being given any choice but to change your stance.

CuckedCurry

quanchi112

AncientPower
Thor ain't taking no shit. Kinda like he didn't when he put Stormbreaker through a fully-powered Thanos' chest after no-selling his doomray.

quanchi112

FreshestSlice
Older and out of practice does not equate to weaker. The rampant retardations about this topic has got to end, if not on this forum in general.

quanchi112

Rockydonovang

I don't disagree. Stupid as hell Vader wasn't just shown killing Ahsoka.

Rockydonovang

TheIndyJedi
I don't disagree. Stupid as hell Vader wasn't just shown killing Ahsoka. [/

If Ezra didn't interfere, she would have died. Classic Filoni PIS storytelling.

Rockydonovang
I don't disagree. Stupid as hell Vader wasn't just shown killing Ahsoka.
It's still pointless without us Vader doing it.

Darth Thor
No, lal. We never brushed off the 3 years he spent stranded. We just also remembered that Maul was active for the other 12 years fighting off a rebellion, causing chaos for the empire, collecting artifacts, and looking for holocrons. It;s amazing how you're still resorting to strawmen when your stance has been validated.

Who said it was 3 years stranded, and 12 fighting?

Where are you getting your figures from?

Are you still making up your own canon Rocky? Have you not learned anything?

Yes you and the Pro-Ahsoka camp always brushed off Maul being stranded for years.

Heck youre brushing it off again right now Lol. Trying to counter balance it with how many years he was supposedly fighting for. Figures which again, youve always completely made up. Yet you were presenting them as FACT.

But hey, thats how you Troll.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Who said it was 3 years stranded, and 12 fighting?

Disney XD's website We know what he was doing the other 12 years because we're told/shown what he was doing:

-> We're told he's looking for holocrons
-> We're told he's been fighting off Ahsoka's rebellion between tcw and rots
-> Rogue One shows him overseeing hit as a crime lord
--> Maul says he's been looking for artifacts
-> He's earned a reputation as a "shadow" with the inqusitors

Off course, you might have caught on to this if you'd ever bothered to actual read what people said.

But you didn't, so now we're left with

It's time to move on Asgardian. Having grasped desperately for more than year, Matt Martin has given you the validation you seek.

Rejoice son of asgard, authorial intent has saved you.
https://youtu.be/05dT34hGRdg?t=1m32s

Darth Thor

Rockydonovang
This conversation in a nutshell:

Red Heathen
Originally posted by quanchi112

Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Aka Kuckbromemewalker

This is him as well as RockyD? If so, he stated on CV that Maul was only past his prime and glory days psychologically. There's an argument to be had there, but he deteriorated physically as well, as backed up by Martin's quote (older/out of practice).

In regards to RockyD's post above and to others on here, Maul was mentally and physically past his prime. There are a lot of interviews that discuss how Maul never psychologically evolved beyond wanting revenge against Kenobi. I think it was Filoni who said that Maul was stuck in a loop. Even when he dueled Kenobi, he thought Kenobi wanted to relive the fight between Maul and Jinn on Naboo, and Maul stupidly fell for it, thus ending in his death.

There is nothing to indicate that Maul lost power in the Force, not even in Martin's quote. I would suggest looking for Filoni interviews, even Witwer's, that they gave for the "Twin Suns" episode. If a person is psychologically hindered, then they will never be at their best regardless of power.

Red Heathen
No, lal. We never brushed off the 3 years he spent stranded. We just also remembered that Maul was active for the other 12 years fighting off a rebellion, causing chaos for the empire, collecting artifacts, and looking for holocrons. It;s amazing how you're still resorting to strawmen when your stance has been validated.

Disney XD's website We know what he was doing the other 12 years because we're told/shown what he was doing:

-> We're told he's looking for holocrons
-> We're told he's been fighting off Ahsoka's rebellion between tcw and rots
-> Rogue One shows him overseeing hit as a crime lord
--> Maul says he's been looking for artifacts
-> He's earned a reputation as a "shadow" with the inqusitors

Off course, you might have caught on to this if you'd ever bothered to actual read what people said.

But you didn't, so now we're left with

It's time to move on Asgardian. Having grasped desperately for more than year, Matt Martin has given you the validation you seek.

Rejoice son of asgard, authorial intent has saved you.

1. You do not explain how you arrived with the number three. I'm not looking it up, but I'm pretty sure that Filoni said that we don't know how long Maul was on Malachor. Regardless of that (because I'm not looking for the original source), I've yet to find anything anywhere that states Maul was there for three years, so would you please share the source?

2. I think your statement about what Maul specifically was doing helps with my earlier statement that being past his prime and glory days does not necessarily equate loss of power.

3. Rogue One shows Maul overseeing what? Hit? Hit what? And where in RO do we see Maul? We now know from Solo that Maul was the crime lord of Crimson Dawn, but either way, the last time we saw him in SOD, he was a crime lord. What does this have to do with three years stranded on Malachor? And again, I missed the RO reference. Mind helping me out with that, please? What did I miss?

4. What authorial intent saved Thor?

He didn't read what quotes? Yours?

But hey, let out your negative emotions early, and you might end off happier than the Zabrak in question. Suppression's not a great approach to life, ie: Anakin.

Ahsoka drove Maul back on a nexus, so no, you can't, not unless you have some way to gauge how much he declined.

Also, Ahsoka has like 8 years left to grow as we see her at the rebels. There's also more material for her coming up, so we're better off waiting to see. Here are some key potential takeaways though:

-> In disney canon characters(or at least sith) start to decline earier than they did in legends. Legends Dooku was at his peak in ROTS, Maul declined. at like 50 despite being fairly active post ROTS(with the exception of a 3 year stretch in the middle). Dunno about jedi though, based on Feloni's commentary and Kenobi deepening his connection, it might be the opposite for them

-> We can't assume growth for characters

-> Anger may not amplify dark side powers across the board.

-> Disney canon gives zero ****s about scaling or power levels.

-> Feats may not be a very reliable metric in new canon. LOTS Vader is outclassing Maul's best showing(which clearly uses up all his effort), but a post prime Maul is on the same tier as Rebels Vader?

OMG THE NEXUS AND AHSOKA AND MAUL AND...you stopped posting on CV saying that you were retiring from debating, but you've been here doing it. The same stuff. The same arguments. However, I'm glad that on here you admit that Maul was past his prime. Period. Whereas on CV you argued that he was only past his prime psychologically. Thanks for finally agreeing with me. It took two years, but here we are. big grin big grin big grin

For someone who assumes so much in their arguments and uses their own opinions as valid sources, I'm surprised you're telling anyone not to assume something when arguing.

But on the other hand, it's great to see someone admit that feats aren't always reliable; however, when did anyone say that Maul was on the same tier as Vader? Are you talking about Filoni's quote regarding Ahsoka...blow to blow...Vader and Sidious? And then linking that with the fact that there was no winner nor loser in their duel on Malachor? Or maybe not because you also said that Ahsoka was beating Maul back on a nexus. IDK, I'm confused. Can you please help me out here with that source? The last time I watched Rebels season 2 finale, Maul knew he'd lose to Vader, so I've obviously missed the info you're talking about.

TheIndyJedi
smile

Petrus
Originally posted by Petrus
Can we all agree that Maul is just miles below Kenobi as of Rebels?

So, yeah?

CuckedCurry
RedHeathen

Rockydonovang
there's a godfather 3 quote that addresses heathen's post quite well. con someone do the honors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.