Marvel strongest Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Let's exclude Hulk from this (even though he is trans tier). Please name Marvel top 3 strongest beings (Herald and below).

Go!!!

JBL
Gladiator, Hyperion and Sentry.

deathslash
I might as well ask, are we talking about "strongest" as in actual strength, or "strongest" as in most powerful?

spetznaz

One Big Mob
Glads was equal to the last Hyperion. He'd probably be portrayed as equal to this one too though I have no proof.

Hyperion should be the top one though. I think Ultimate Hyperion was also portrayed as equal to a random Hyperion too. Pretty much any Hyperion is usually portrayed pretty high end, with the newest one being at the top.

Blue Marvel has some good strength, or rather punching feats too though they're few and far between now.

Enzeru
+ Hyperion (Mark Milton) / Hulk
+ Hercules
+ Gladiator
+ Thor
+ Blue Marvel
+ Silver Surfer

In my opinion it would be in that order, when it comes to strength alone. But some of these characters are so close in strength, that you can make compelling arguments for either one of them.

Philosophía
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Glads was equal to the last Hyperion. He'd probably be portrayed as equal to this one too though I have no proof.

Hyperion should be the top one though. I think Ultimate Hyperion was also portrayed as equal to a random Hyperion too. Pretty much any Hyperion is usually portrayed pretty high end, with the newest one being at the top.

Blue Marvel has some good strength, or rather punching feats too though they're few and far between now. I think most Superman copy/paste chars will look close to each other when they face.

Gladiator/Hyperion
Gladiator/Omniman
Hyperion/Blue Marvel
Sentry/Blue Marvel
etc.

There's exceptions, of course, but generally that's how it's shown.

"Id"
My vote goes for Plutonian.

One Big Mob

Nibedicus
How about Dumb Drax?

Philosophía
thumb up

Sentry's an odd duck though. I'm beginning to think that whole Criss Angel Mindfreak stuff has merit. Is that his minimum that puts him on that level, his average?

His last appearance would probably shit on Glads but then again if he fights another brick he might just stalemate him in the same mindset. I split Sentry into:
- estrogen-fueled state who is a generic 'around the others' strength.

- the 'Paul jerkings" state, where I think he is stronger than everybody else

- this state:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/b8b9140354be9e2a0ab9bd60c6d7ca5c/tumblr_ot8fgcwF0q1uqoywno1_500.jpg

...which is where his powers aren't even clear anymore.

If he encounters the rest of the 'clones' in the first state, I'd put them as evenish. WWH state fits somewhere between the first and second

One Big Mob
thumb up

I'm starting to like Sentry and I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's like when I started listening to Motley Crue. I'm sure a lot of Carver9s go through the same confusion when they realize they like dicks or kids.

Philosophía
I liked Paul Jenkins series/one-shots from the early 20s. Probably because it felt like Superman, but still.

But then, the one-shot after Siege came and it felt kind of like going by Batman: Year One to All-Star Batman. It became self-parody, to the point where I knew the writer was having a giggle.

One Big Mob
I didn't mind Deathsentry because he was completely bananas. Remenem did a good job with his dialogue, and then never followed up because he's a letdown writer. His last appearance was also not bad.

Before that? Not a fan. Lemire is a decent writer though so I'm pretty curious about the new series

Putinbot1
thumb up

Sentry's an odd duck though. I'm beginning to think that whole Criss Angel Mindfreak stuff has merit. Is that his minimum that puts him on that level, his average?

His last appearance would probably shit on Glads but then again if he fights another brick he might just stalemate him in the same mindset. I think from the moment he treated Terrax like a small child, he was on another level. Bendis was the guy who confused everyone. Which is what Bendis's purpose in life is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I think from the moment he treated Terrax like a small child, he was on another level. Bendis was the guy who confused everyone. Which is what Bendis's purpose in life is.

laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus
How about Dumb Drax?

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Drax-the-Destroyer-Marvel-Comics-Infinity-Watch-h.jpg

Sin I AM
I didn't mind Deathsentry because he was completely bananas. Remenem did a good job with his dialogue, and then never followed up because he's a letdown writer. His last appearance was also not bad.

Before that? Not a fan. Lemire is a decent writer though so I'm pretty curious about the new series

good post. lemire is awesome

the Darkone
Thor/Immortal Hercules
Hyperion/Gladiator/Beta Ray Bill
Sentry/Blue Marvel

riv6672
Originally posted by Enzeru
+ Hyperion (Mark Milton) / Hulk
+ Hercules
+ Gladiator
+ Thor
+ Blue Marvel
+ Silver Surfer

In my opinion it would be in that order, when it comes to strength alone. But some of these characters are so close in strength, that you can make compelling arguments for either one of them.
Agree on how close/and on arguments being made.
Thats why i usually just list those characters with a /.
Going by tour picks:

Hulk

Blue Marvel/Thor/Hyperion/Hercules
Silver Surfer/Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.