Staring people!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
In addition to dealing with invasive people I have to deal with staring people. When I have to see them staring at me it makes me feel stripped of myself as if I was inferior to them. I was hanging out at a restaurant a week ago and it really offended me how I was looked upon and then they talked behind my back. I had to confront them and tell them that it offended me but it didn't change the fact that I had to live with that offense against me. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Playmaker
You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.

samhain
Originally posted by atv2
I had to confront them and tell them that it offended me but it didn't change the fact that I had to live with that offense against me.

But an apology wouldn't have changed anything either, you would still have to 'live' with it.

Wonder Man
Most people stare because you are secure and they want to feel comfortable but can't find comfort.
Rest easy in your self when that happens and know you are helping people feel o.k. like you do.

Scribble
Originally posted by atv2
In addition to dealing with invasive people I have to deal with staring people. When I have to see them staring at me it makes me feel stripped of myself as if I was inferior to them. I was hanging out at a restaurant a week ago and it really offended me how I was looked upon and then they talked behind my back. I had to confront them and tell them that it offended me but it didn't change the fact that I had to live with that offense against me. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem? what does this mean

Wonder Man
It means he's looking for someone like everyone else is and deserves his privacy.

samhain
Originally posted by Wonder Man
It means he's looking for someone like everyone else is and deserves his privacy.

It's frightening that you drew that from the OP.

atv2
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Most people stare because you are secure and they want to feel comfortable but can't find comfort.
Rest easy in your self when that happens and know you are helping people feel o.k. like you do.

I never thought of it that way. Thank you.

CroftAlice
It's human nature, you can't change that

changeorg
How did you know they talked behind your back and that they were talking about you? Best not eavesdrop on other people's conversation. I also had social anxiety before but now, I realized that nobody really gives a dam about other people that much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.