Fallout 76

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Arachnid1
-ye84Zrqndo

Hopefully the RPG aspects are more well done than they were in 4. 4 got boring pretty quickly IMO, unlike prior entries.

samhain
Still haven't even completed 4 TBH, went back to Skyrim instead cos it's actually an RPG. I'll keep an eye on this though.

Arachnid1
https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

If that's true, interest instantly lost. I don't need another MMORPG like ESO.

Smasandian
I don't think it's a MMO like ESO.

I think it's going to be Fallout Rust.

FinalAnswer
It's going to be like watching two jumbo jets smash into each other.

BackFire
Probably won't be interested in this from what I'm hearing. Don't need to shoehorn multiplayer in every franchise. I'll be waiting to see how the reviews and feedback is.

Nemesis X
Well interest immediately lost. No single player, don't want.

Smasandian
I'm in wait and see mode before making judgement.

I assume this is an offshoot so it should be allow to take some risks.

Nemesis X
884chSIl1dY

yASjD_And2w

q5yPgv0W6S4

QuJAwDTYDTY

Smasandian
I can understand why people wouldn't like this and I agree with them. I would prefer a complete single player experience.

And I'm not sure I would get this anyways right away. But...they did release something regarding private sessions. It might be fun with friends to have a Fallout type map filled with quests, enemies and allow you to build some bad ass settlements. That might be a lot of fun.

I still want to see how this all plays out

TheVaultDweller
As an obvious fan of the franchise, I haven't been very pleased with what I've heard so far about Fallout 76. In fact, my views are very much in line with the guy who made this mod. Get an early taste of Fallout 76 lol:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32599

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I can understand why people wouldn't like this and I agree with them. I would prefer a complete single player experience.

And I'm not sure I would get this anyways right away. But...they did release something regarding private sessions. It might be fun with friends to have a Fallout type map filled with quests, enemies and allow you to build some bad ass settlements. That might be a lot of fun.

I still want to see how this all plays out There are going to be no NPC's at all, just players.

Nemesis X
This does not look fun.

HrdCb71-vFU

jinXed by JaNx

Kazenji
It's called a Beta for a reason.

Nemesis X
SjrDbSgB9IU

Kazenji
He compares No Mans Sky and Aliens Colonial marines to this latest Fallout game as examples what was promised

Joe needs to revisit No Mans Sky again after all the various updates and as for Aliens Colonial Marines download the Mod someone made for the PC which fixes it up.

Smasandian
I might be wrong but what promises were broken with Fallout 76?

Wasn't it pretty obvious on what this game was about?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
He compares No Mans Sky and Aliens Colonial marines to this latest Fallout game as examples what was promised

Joe needs to revisit No Mans Sky again after all the various updates and as for Aliens Colonial Marines download the Mod someone made for the PC which fixes it up. You need to review a product as is, you don't wait till it's "better" or for fan-made content.

Mods definitely shouldn't account for the replayability or enjoyability of a game.

You're telling me you weren't disappointed at No Man's Sky and especially Colonial Marines?

Furthermore, no matter how many "fixes" it gets, it's still a bad game, just a "playable" bad game.

"Base it on what it gets later" isn't an argument. He reviews what he gets at launch.

Hell I even understand his reasons behind giving "Kingdom Come", which is one of my favorite games, a 6/10, recently. (Even if it shouldn't have been a ****ing rapid fire review for a release that huge).

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I might be wrong but what promises were broken with Fallout 76?

Wasn't it pretty obvious on what this game was about? Besides the awful rendering, lighting, and "landscape" shit.

This game is more buggy then a lot of Bethesda's games at release, which is REALLY saying something.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You need to review a product as is, you don't wait till it's "better" or for fan-made content.

And also some reviewer's do revisits too to see what's change



Nope, Didn't play No Man's Sky on launch and as for Colonial Marines i brought it cheap and tried out a mod out for it which makes it better.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
And also some reviewer's do revisits too to see what's change



Nope, Didn't play No Man's Sky on launch and as for Colonial Marines i brought it cheap and tried out a mod out for it which makes it better. But even if he revisited it, it's not gonna change his original review and what it is.

He's not a bad reviewer for not revisiting a game after it gets so-and-so amount of updates.

He even states he reviews things at launch for a reason, so they can get it right the first time, and not 6 months down the line.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Besides the awful rendering, lighting, and "landscape" shit.

This game is more buggy then a lot of Bethesda's games at release, which is REALLY saying something.

That's just a bad game which people have a right to criticize and whatnot.

But putting Fallout 76 in the same category as No Man Sky is not right. It's not the same thing.

BackFire
Sounds like this game is a disaster. Glad I steered clear.

Though really, even if this game was functional, a Bethesda game without any NPC's is more or less a non-starter for me. NPC's are what make their games worth a damn, otherwise you have mediocre combat in a dated engine.

Smasandian
I agree. It never really interested me.

I think Bethesda should be allowed to experiment with new games but clearly it didn't work out.

BackFire
I've begun losing interest in Bethesda games in general, especially with the recent announcement that they will continue using the same engine yet again for Starfield and ES6. The engine was already showing its cracks pretty glaringly with Skyrim last gen, and this gen it has become even more obvious that the engine just is no longer suited for modern games. I can only imagine how stark and ancient the engine will seem 5 years from now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.