Is Kal-El now invulnerable to magic/mindcontrol based on JL movie scene??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Spectre+
So We Saw when Diana tried using her lasso (which works with magic and mind control) to bring supes to his senses. But apparently it didnt work. Now Could That Be As A Result Of The Motherbox Being Used To "resurrect" Him ? Or Has He On His Own Bcom Invulnerable To Magic/mind Control.confused erm

Just Want To Know Your Thoughts.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by The Spectre+
So We Saw when Diana tried using her lasso (which works with magic and mind control) to bring supes to his senses. But apparently it didnt work. Now Could That Be As A Result Of The Motherbox Being Used To "resurrect" Him ? Or Has He On His Own Bcom Invulnerable To Magic/mind Control.confused erm

Thought the thing only made you tell the truth?

When she said: "Remember who you are", The lasso went "Syntax error".

stick out tongue

quanchi112
No, since the sissyboi went gah gah for Lois as soon as he saw her. Lois owns Kal.

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Thought the thing only made you tell the truth?

When she said: "Remember who you are", The lasso went "Syntax error".

stick out tongue

yeah, but in that context she presumably wanted him to see reality,more like to come to terms with what he was doing..dunno... but i thought that the lasso is magical, but even it isnt, doesnt that still show supes has some resistance to mind control?

quanchi112
No.

FrothByte
yeah, but in that context she presumably wanted him to see reality,more like to come to terms with what he was doing..dunno... but i thought that the lasso is magical, but even it isnt, doesnt that still show supes has some resistance to mind control?

Yeah but that's not what the lasso's powers are. The lasso compels you to tell the truth and Superman wasn't telling any lies. So there's really nothing to show that Superman was resisting it.

CPT Space Bomb
Lol the fanboys are so desperate to give Superman the win over Thor they'll create a thread to try and prove he's invincible to magic.

Josh_Alexander

Superman's brain was rebooting. Isn't like the Lasso didn't had an effect on him, but rather that his brain wasn't thinking properly and was like in a Zombie state.

It's like using the Lasso against a dog. Doesn't mean the dog is immune to magic just because the dog doesn't answer your questions.

wink

Surtur
I don't think he ever showed he was particularly vulnerable to magic in any of the new DC universe movies.

So he stomps Thor unless you remove speed.

quanchi112

Silent Master
He's also never shown himself to be resistant or immune to magic either.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
He's also never shown himself to be resistant or immune to magic either.

True, but he doesn't need to really be immune. Plus his speed.

Surtur

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think he ever showed he was particularly vulnerable to magic in any of the new DC universe movies.

No he doesn't. He stands a very good chance at beating Thor but it's not a stomp.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
No he doesn't. He stands a very good chance at beating Thor but it's not a stomp.

Did Thor get a speed boost? How does he react?

Silent Master
True, but he doesn't need to really be immune. Plus his speed.

Other than quan, nobody is saying that Superman can't win.

quanchi112

Surtur

FrothByte
Did Thor get a speed boost? How does he react?

His AOEs and his lightning shields (which has been shown to automatically attack opponents in Ragnarok).

WolvesofBabylon
He didnt even feel the need to stay and fight Steppenwolf

CPT Space Bomb
IOW: Thor wins if Superman doesn't use his speed.

Awesome. And if Usain Bolt walks slowly and I sprint I could beat him in a race. It's not a matter of using speed, it's a matter of needing to nonstop speedblitz the entire fight. And he might HAVE to to win. The problem is, he usually lets opponents get a hit or two on him for free if he does that he's ****ed. For him to garuntee the win he needs to speedblitz from the start and never let up.

Josh_Alexander

A. There is no evidence to suggest Superman is immune to Telephatic attacks.

B. What the hell does Thor have to do with this?

Josh_Alexander
Clearly this thread doesn't concern Thor vs Superman. So both Superman and Thor fanboys stop your folly!

quanchi112

quanchi112

playa1258
He is at least resistant to it.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
He is at least resistant to it.

Based on what?

quanchi112
He is at least resistant to it. Nah. No proof whatsoever.

playa1258
Resisting the lasso.

quanchi112
Resisting the lasso. When did he lie?

Silent Master
Resisting the lasso.

The lasso compels a person to tell truth, what truth did he resist saying?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Superman's brain was rebooting. Isn't like the Lasso didn't had an effect on him, but rather that his brain wasn't thinking properly and was like in a Zombie state.

It's like using the Lasso against a dog. Doesn't mean the dog is immune to magic just because the dog doesn't answer your questions.

wink This about covers it. No, Superman has not shown himself to be resistant to mind control or magic. These have always been his respective weaknesses in comics too, so I'm glad the movies don't have any contradictory implications on that front.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This about covers it. No, Superman has not shown himself to be resistant to mind control or magic. These have always been his respective weaknesses in comics too, so I'm glad the movies don't have any contradictory implications on that front.

HELL YEAH! Happy Dance

quanchi112
Playa is so damn stupid.

playa1258
So easy to trigger you guys.

quanchi112

playa1258
Concession accepted, troll.

quanchi112
Concession accepted, troll. You conceded to not being taken seriously. I accepted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.