What is DMD's rationale for Darth Bane > Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
in regards to their abilities in the force.

DarthPlaguis12

Kurk
@DMB defend your idol character for once.

MythLord
Well we all know Dooku never used telekinesis or lightning or friggin beast control. Truly, Bane is an outstanding individual.

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by MythLord
Well we all know Dooku never used telekinesis or lightning or friggin beast control. Truly, Bane is an outstanding individual.

Do you think Bane can beat Dooku?

MythLord
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Do you think Bane can beat Dooku?
I mean, you can make a case for it. More often than not, though, I'd back the Count.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by MythLord
I mean, you can make a case for it. More often than not, though, I'd back the Count.

The issue is makashi is a weakness to Djem So.
And Bane is highly skilled in Djem So. I think he would overwhelm Dooku, like Anakin did.

So at the end of the day I would say Bane, but Dooku puts up a fight for sure.

DarthPlaguis12
Bane could deflect every raindrop in a storm I think Bane would best him

MythLord
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
The issue is makashi is a weakness to Djem So.
And Bane is highly skilled in Djem So. I think he would overwhelm Dooku, like Anakin did.

So at the end of the day I would say Bane, but Dooku puts up a fight for sure.
I mean, that's assuming Dooku didn't compensate for Makashi's weakness(he did), didn't have knowledge of how other forms work(he did), isn't absurdly strong(he is), and Bane is as skilled/strong/fast as Anakin(he isn't).

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Bane could deflect every raindrop in a storm I think Bane would best him
I mean, Obi has a feat of deflecting omnidirectional blaster fire, and Dooku is at least on par with him in speed.

Kurk

LordOfTheLight
Dooku should be compared with the later Banite Sith, not the earlier ones.

CuckedCurry
Dooku should be compared with the later Banite Sith, not the earlier ones.

According to what?

LordOfTheLight
His 40 second fight with Yoda.

NewGuy01
You're going to need to provide evidence for early Banites being incapable of lasting 40 seconds against Yoda, in that case.

TheIndyJedi
Do you think TCW Maul could beat Bane?

LordOfTheLight
The sheer vastness of the Banite gap. Dooku is capable of giving a semi-decent fight to Yoda which I really can't see people astronomically inferior or tremendously inferior to the likes of Tenebrous and Plagueis doing.

Emperordmb
He probably thinks TPM Kenobi is close to Bane

TheIndyJedi
The sheer vastness of the Banite gap. Dooku is capable of giving a semi-decent fight to Yoda which I really can't see people astronomically inferior or tremendously inferior to the likes of Tenebrous and Plagueis doing.

Yoda held back

LordOfTheLight
As per the novel and the script, he did not.

Kurk
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Yoda held back Prove it.
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He probably thinks TPM Kenobi is close to Bane Defend yourself, cuck. I'm calling you out on your bullshit.

S_W_LeGenD
As per the novel and the script, he did not.
As per the movie, Yoda chose not to subject Count Dooku to his Force powers. Therefore, Yoda holding back against Count Dooku, is a valid argument.

CuckedCurry

LordOfTheLight
There is a huge difference between the numbers. That is, there is a vast difference between the highest 8 and the lowest 8. The highest 8, is easily comparable to the 9's as is the case with Mace Windu.

Nowhere does this indicate that Yoda should obliterate Dooku. Dooku may very well be a high 8, and is a high 8, if his performances are anything to consider.

Yeah, and I am well aware of the Y: DR argument, having framed it myself countless times, but the facts speak for themselves. In that same book, Yoda states flat out that he wants to destroy Dooku. And two primary accounts do have Yoda going all out on Geonosis. With three primary accounts stating that Yoda does not hold back, such interpretations of Yoda and Dooku's relationship( which I can easily frame a counter argument for) take the back seat.

Kurk
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
As per the movie, Yoda chose not to subject Count Dooku to his Force powers. Therefore, Yoda holding back against Count Dooku, is a valid argument. AotC Script has Yoda about to plunge his saber through Dooku's skull with Dooku moving just fast enough to avoid it:

YODA jumps onto DOOKU'S shoulders, and is about to drive the lightsaber into the top of the Count's head. COUNT DOOKU raises his arms and knocks YODA off his shoulders and then, with all his might, he uses the Force to pull on one of the cranes in the hanger.

Prior to the fight:

Master Yoda. At last we shall
know who is the most powerful.

YODA draws a miniature lightsaber out of his cane. He salutes formally.

YODA
Count Dooku. No interest in
contests, do I have.

In the script the force-battle is bypassed, suggesting that Yoda was referring to a force fight when he says he has no interest in a power contest (force power).

Yoda's goal was to end the war right there and then by quickly killing Dooku. The fastest way to do that was through a saber-contest.

Also may I add that Yoda's force powers are greatly exaggerated, with this line confirming that he's not too far off from Dooku (again suggesting why the force-fight was bypassed):

YODA concentrates harder. Slowly, the crane rises. The SOUND OF THE ENGINES increases. YODA exerts every scrap of his powers. The crane lifts clear of ANAKIN and is thrown to the ground. DOOKU'S Sail Ship takes off. OBI-WAN and ANAKIN struggle to the exhausted YODA, but it's too late. The Sail Ship rises into the air and flies away.

@Curry

Gillard never explicitly stated that Dooku was an 8. He did say that Mace is an 8 bordering, nine, and given that multiple sources have Dooku being his relative equal, we can assume he too is an 8 bordering 9.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Kurk
AotC Script has Yoda about to plunge his saber through Dooku's skull with Dooku moving just fast enough to avoid it:

YODA jumps onto DOOKU'S shoulders, and is about to drive the lightsaber into the top of the Count's head. COUNT DOOKU raises his arms and knocks YODA off his shoulders and then, with all his might, he uses the Force to pull on one of the cranes in the hanger.

Prior to the fight:

Master Yoda. At last we shall
know who is the most powerful.

YODA draws a miniature lightsaber out of his cane. He salutes formally.

YODA
Count Dooku. No interest in
contests, do I have.

In the script the force-battle is bypassed, suggesting that Yoda was referring to a force fight when he says he has no interest in a power contest (force power).

Yoda's goal was to end the war right there and then by quickly killing Dooku. The fastest way to do that was through a saber-contest.

Also may I add that Yoda's force powers are greatly exaggerated, with this line confirming that he's not too far off from Dooku (again suggesting why the force-fight was bypassed):

YODA concentrates harder. Slowly, the crane rises. The SOUND OF THE ENGINES increases. YODA exerts every scrap of his powers. The crane lifts clear of ANAKIN and is thrown to the ground. DOOKU'S Sail Ship takes off. OBI-WAN and ANAKIN struggle to the exhausted YODA, but it's too late. The Sail Ship rises into the air and flies away.
I am really disappointed.

Yoda's hype does not match his actualized strength. How come he is equal to Palpatine when he finds it difficult to move that crane?

Azronger

Failkorion's hype does not match his actualized strength. How come he can consume planets when he finds it difficult to defend against Lord Dramath?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Azronger

Failkorion's hype does not match his actualized strength. How come he can consume planets when he finds it difficult to defend against Lord Dramath?
Completely different situations.

Valkorion was vulnerable to additional set of forces inside the Outlander's mind while the latter was actively resisting. Even the chant "Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul" hampered Valkorion inside the Outlander's mind which wasn't the case otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.