Just watched Valhalla Rising, can't be sure if it's brilliant or shit? Thoughts...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Fantastic Cinematography, good acting, unusual score...

Still not sure if it was any good or if it was indeed brilliant!

CPT Space Bomb
Still haven't seen it. Will probably get around to it one day.

carthage
I thought it was beautifully shot and very dark. The fact they could capture so much atmosphere with virtually no dialogue from the lead was interesting

Robtard
Yeah, I have mixed views, the cinematography is stunning, One-Eye is interesting, story draws you in some and I overall enjoyed it, but it also comes off as an art piece stuck up its own ass; WAY up there to the point it's seeing tonsils.

Which reminds me, it's one of the films I lost digitally during a very recent botched harddrive transfer, will have to download it again, it's something I want for my film library.

Wonder Man
I missed the end of it but I liked the starvation of it.
It shows the world the way it is all around the world rather than just one way.

John Murdoch
Nicholas Winding Refn, right?

Drive is perhaps in my top-ten movies ever, really reignited the film buff in me. What I've seen of Bronson is solid.

However, as beautiful as they are, I've heard his films can do that: cinematography is the best in the world of cinema, but the substance is lacking or too far out there. Only God Forgives was my most anticipated film of 2013, and I just couldn't get into it.

Anyways, I'd like to see Valhalla Rising one day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.