Joker (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Just one question... WHY??????

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/05/joker-standalone-movie-dceu-jared-leto/

quanchi112
laughing out loud

This sounds awful.

Tzeentch
The memes write themselves.

Robtard
Cool idea as The Joker is an iconic villain, one of the greatest. But Leto's take on it was not good, not good at all.

playa1258
Leto can make it happen if the character is written better.

carthage
Is this before or after their purported DiCaprio (with Scorsese) spin-off film? WB and DC suck at creative decisions

Impediment
RIP, DCEU.

Leto's Joker was a fecal glazed abortion.

Patient_Leech
Give Leto Joker some longer hair and I think he'll be much more pimpin'.

quanchi112
Such a bad idea. Give a lesser known character the spotlight stop with the Batman Joker nonsense.

Darth Thor
Wait, so theres this Leto Joker film AND the origin one outside of the DCEU?

Get your act together WB. Decide what you want to do.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Is this before or after their purported DiCaprio (with Scorsese) spin-off film? WB and DC suck at creative decisions

ask zack and playa

Flyattractor
If a Dull Purple Prune Chin like Thanos can carry a flick. The Joker sure as Hell can.

steverules_2
Jared Leto is quite possibly...actually no he is the worst joker I've ever seen or known, not just because they made him look absolute shit but because of Leto himself

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If a Dull Purple Prune Chin like Thanos can carry a flick. The Joker sure as Hell can. Lets bet on which film does better Thanos or the Joker. Loser leaves kmc for 2 months. Do you accept, coward?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Impediment
RIP, DCEU.

Leto's Joker was a fecal glazed abortion. Pretty Much. Why aren't WB smarter?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
Jared Leto is quite possibly...actually no he is the worst joker I've ever seen or known, not just because they made him look absolute shit but because of Leto himself

I don't think it's particularly fair to say that because Suicide Squad was such a retarded pile of shit. He wasn't given a proper chance because it was written and edited so terribly.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I don't think it's particularly fair to say that because Suicide Squad was such a retarded pile of shit. He wasn't given a proper chance because it was written and edited so terribly. He had more than enough time to make a first impression though, and his impression wasn't a good one. As I said when I saw SS, he seemed more like a sane person trying to act insane than someone that is actually mentally ill. Not only that but he looks absolutely awful. Whoever designed his look should be fired and never allowed to work in hollywood again.

Robtard
Pretty much, which was a huge disappointment as Leto is very talented; I was expecting him to deliver with the role. Instead we got what the Joker would have been if he had been on the villain roster in one of the Joel Schumacher Batman films and those were utter shit.

Nemesis X
QQPfPEJsswI

Inhuman
"The Joaquin Phoenix Joker Origin Movie Is Still Happening as Well"

https://movieweb.com/joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-joaquin-phoenix/

erm

Zack M
I'd rather see Joaqin as Joker than Leto.

Kazenji
Leto as an actor is good, His portrayal of the Joker was garbage then again that's probably what David Ayer wanted.

wakkawakkawakka
Why is this happening? Is DC...or WB just getting carried away with the knowledge that Suicide Squad won an "Academy Award"?

Not that I would watch it but what would this movie even be about?

Darth Thor
^ SS made a lot of money.

Plus was the first time the movie audiences were introduced to Harley Quinn and her relationship with Joker.

So even though most people didnt enjoy the film, they probably liked the whole Joker/Harley thing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So even though most people didnt enjoy the film, they probably liked the whole Joker/Harley thing.

https://i.imgur.com/YArDJrE.gif

Darth Thor
Okay...

tkitna
Saw this on another board and was taken aback. Come on DC.

Leto's Joker is universally the one that gets panned and they are going to green light a solo movie? This isnt helping the state of the DCEU.

Darth Thor
Its because Suicide Squad made so much money. Theyre gonna milk anything from that film.

They should probably just do a SS2 first to test if anyone is still interested before green lighting everything else.

playa1258
It's frustrating and confusing at the same time. Hopefully comic con can clear some things up.

StiltmanFTW
C'mon, playa. You know it will suck.

Zack M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
C'mon, playa. You know it will suck.

Martin Scorsese produced Joker Movie? Gritty, noir style? I think I'll place my bets on Joauqin Phoenix being good, if Martin is involved. Leto one? Depends on the screen writer and director.

playa1258
C'mon, playa. You know it will suck. No one knows if it will suck or be good.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
Leto can make it happen if the character is written better.

Did you even see SS?

tkitna
Its because Suicide Squad made so much money.

Curiosity cash. Even I got suckered in and was rooting for it. I, like many others, wont fall for that a second time.

A Leto Joker movie will suck. He was awful in the role.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by tkitna
Curiosity cash. Even I got suckered in and was rooting for it. I, like many others, wont fall for that a second time.

A Leto Joker movie will suck. He was awful in the role.

Im not defending the film. Just pointing out the fact that it did make shit tons. So they not gonna let that go until he next one flops.

DarthPlaguis12

Inhuman
Originally posted by Zack M
Martin Scorsese produced Joker Movie? Gritty, noir style? I think I'll place my bets on Joauqin Phoenix being good, if Martin is involved. Leto one? Depends on the screen writer and director.

Its more about being sick and tiered of Joker being used or overused. The character needs to be put on hold for at least a few years.
Batman has great villains in his rogues gallery and all DC/WB can think of doing is making a bunch of Joker and Harley related movies? This studio is the king of causing fatigue to these types of movies.

Nemesis X
Its because Suicide Squad made so much money. Theyre gonna milk anything from that film.

So why not make a Katana movie or something over this likely hot mess? I'm so sick and tired of bats and clowns.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So why not make a Katana movie or something over this likely hot mess? I'm so sick and tired of bats and clowns.

Dont think Katanas the reason people went to watch Suicide Squad.

Also dont think any studio in their right mind would give up on Batman.

Nemesis X
Dont think Katanas the reason people went to watch Suicide Squad.

Oh look. Somebody speaking for me...

Well, I did also watch it for Will Smith as Deadshot. There's a movie they could've made instead.

I must not be in mine for I certainly would if I had a studio. Fatigue for Batman movies has to be growing.

Zack M
Originally posted by Inhuman
Its more about being sick and tiered of Joker being used or overused. The character needs to be put on hold for at least a few years.
Batman has great villains in his rogues gallery and all DC/WB can think of doing is making a bunch of Joker and Harley related movies? This studio is the king of causing fatigue to these types of movies.

I'm sick of the Joker, too. But the formula WB wants to do, can't be beat here. I don't care for a Leto solo, but Joaqin/Scorsese has gold written all over it (similar to Spielberg/Blackhawks). Not to say it's a guarantee good movie, but I'd take the chances.

cdtm
War of Jokes and Riddles could make a sweet movie.

Darth Thor
Oh look. Somebody speaking for me...

Well, I did also watch it for Will Smith as Deadshot. There's a movie they could've made instead.

So you just confirmed you didnt watch it for Katana thumb up

I must not be in mine for I certainly would if I had a studio. Fatigue for Batman movies has to be growing.

What a dumb thing to say.

There must be Iron Man and Spider-Man fatigue too right? Better keep them off the big screen for the next ten years too hey?

Nemesis X
So you just confirmed you didnt watch it for Katana thumb up

Yes 'cause Deadshot was the ONLY reason I watched it right? Don't give yourself an ego with alternate facts you make up. K thanks!

Except they don't suck no expression

Darth Thor

Except they don't suck no expression

Ah you hate Batman, therefore everyone is bored of him. I suggest you simply just dont watch any future Batman films. That way you cant get sick of them.

FYI Your business acumen sucks.

Nemesis X
^^Implying that they're gonna reboot the DCEU anytime soon. If only.

Impediment
It's official.

Robtard
Joaquin Phoenix is a superb actor, just not sure he's proper for this role.

You Were Never Really Here (2017) is a smaller budget film, not great, it was decent though mostly because of him. Recommend anyone who is a fan of his watch it

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, Phoenix is great. REALLY great actually. I think he's one of the best actors of his generation if not the best. Certainly underrated at the least.

Inhuman
- Phoenix Joker movie

- Leto Joker and Harley movie

- Birds of Prey movie featuring Harley and probably Joker

- Gotham City Sirens featuring Harley and probably Joker

- Suicide Squad 2 featuring Harley and probably Joker

- New Batman standalone probably featuring joker as a cameo

Am I forgetting anything?

BackFire
Have faith that Phoenix will do a good job. Great actor. Have much less faith that the director of The Hangover movies will do justice to the character, though.

NotAllThatEvil
Isn't one of the big draws of the joker that he doesn't have a defined origin and just spills out random stories whenever he's asked?

BruceSkywalker
will likely pass even though phoenix is a talented actor

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Isn't one of the big draws of the joker that he doesn't have a defined origin and just spills out random stories whenever he's asked?

shhh.. we aren't supposed to know that

Zack M

BruceSkywalker
meh...

lets see if the general audience will even care

Robtard
"The story will reportedly take place in the 80s and will play out as a gritty crime drama rather than a blockbuster superhero film." -snip

"Elsewhere in the interview, Phoenix revealed he's been thinking about a role like the Joker for a few years now and also hinted the movie won't be connected to the larger DCEU." -snip

Well that's a plus and another plus

Zack M
Martin Scorsese produced joker movie? Do I smell Oscar nominations?

StiltmanFTW
I smell a rotten tomato.

Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/6nqhea8.jpg

Zack M
I smell a rotten tomato.

Doubtful.

BruceSkywalker
I smell a rotten tomato.

it won;t be a surprise at all

tkitna
Joker Origin,,,,the movie nobody was asking for.

BruceSkywalker
Joker Origin,,,,the movie nobody was asking for.

don't forget leto's joker film too lol

Kazenji
A pretty good fan made one

12OXLnqiZkk

quanchi112
So utterly lame.

Zack M
Supposedly, Robert deniro has joined.

tkitna
Originally posted by Zack M
Supposedly, Robert deniro has joined.

They signed him on after his tirade at the Tonys? Brilliant. Its as if they are looking for ways to fail.

Kazenji
The only one that'll be failing will be the Leto Joker movie.

Dreampanther
Mr A. Fleck.

https://i.blogs.es/556f33/phoenix-portada/450_1000.jpg

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
The only one that'll be failing will be the Leto Joker movie.

I doubt that will ever happen.

They signed him on after his tirade at the Tonys? Brilliant. Its as if they are looking for ways to fail.

This wont fail. Not with a $50mill budget.

It will however give us more Joker than we need right now.

JP better kill it, otherwise between this and Leto there will be clear Joker fatigue, and he wont be showing up as a Batman villain again for like the next 20years.

Kazenji
I doubt that will ever happen..

Box Office wise it might not

but i'm more or less talking about reviews and how the movie critics might feel about the movie itself, Which i'm sure will be right about.

Darth Thor
Box Office wise it might not

but i'm more or less talking about reviews and how the movie critics might feel about the movie itself, Which i'm sure will be right about.

No I meant I doubt the Leto Joker movie will ever be made.

quanchi112
This movie will be such a snooze fest. The budget f the film is laughable. How the mighty have fallen. No more Nolan.

carthage
https://screenrant.com/joker-movie-joaquin-phoenix-clown-makeup/

BruceSkywalker
WB must be worried since they are leaking out photos already

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
Joaquin Phoenix as Joker, folks:

http://i.imgur.com/hTmeZITm.jpg

This is not a test.

Golgo, get your ass here.

What do you say? stick out tongue

Kazenji
It's only a camera test if you bother to read.

Dr Will Hatch
We'll see. They have my curiosity.

Khazra Reborn
Why is this even being made?

Estacado
Make up looks really bad...tbh...

riv6672
This is all one big joke.

Senor Cage
It's just a camera test. I love his look at the end. He's gonna knock this out of the park

Darth Thor
Not fond on the concept of this movie, but Im sure JP will do a great job.

Lets not think hes gonna suck just because its DC lol

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Senor Cage
It's just a camera test. I love his look at the end. He's gonna knock this out of the park I wish every investor would be as hopeful as you, my friend.

BruceSkywalker
leave it to golgo to try to turn it around lol

wakkawakkawakka
TBH whether this movie does good or not I don't really care.

The fact that this movie is even being made shows WB/DC still lacks faith in any of their other properties outside of Batman mythos IMO. Which is disappointing especially given how well WW was received and that there's an Aquaman movie coming in less than three months.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I wish every investor would be as hopeful as you, my friend.

Lol

carthage
A set video in a subway shows him in full costume
https://screenrant.com/joker-joaquin-phoenix-full-costume-set-video/
Definitely a throwback

Eon Blue
It's just a camera test. I love his look at the end. He's gonna knock this out of the park

Senor Cage
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
TBH whether this movie does good or not I don't really care.

The fact that this movie is even being made shows WB/DC still lacks faith in any of their other properties outside of Batman mythos IMO. Which is disappointing especially given how well WW was received and that there's an Aquaman movie coming in less than three months.

But they are doing other properties, right? Aquaman, SHAZAM, WW, New Gods, etc...

Kazenji
Wouldn't surprise me if that make up test footage is of him when he's still a comedian on stage.

Darth Thor
Wouldn't surprise me if that make up test footage is of him when he's still a comedian on stage.

Yeah. Context right?

Anyway already looks >>>>> Leto.

Darth Thor
But they are doing other properties, right? Aquaman, SHAZAM, WW, New Gods, etc...

New Gods? WTH man?!

Cant even get a Flash or Green Lantern movie going but we are getting New Gods!

And yeah theres too many Batman related ones:

Batman (Mat Reeves)
Batgirl
Nightwing
Suicide Squad 2
Birds of Prey
Joker
Joker and Harley

Kazenji
Keep milking the Batman cow till its dry.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
A set video in a subway shows him in full costume
https://screenrant.com/joker-joaquin-phoenix-full-costume-set-video/
Definitely a throwback

saw this on facebook.. not impressed at all..

steverules_2
Would prefer all white face paint and red lips, green eyes brows too I s'pose

BruceSkywalker
New Gods? WTH man?!

Batman (Mat Reeves)
Batgirl
Nightwing
Suicide Squad 2
Birds of Prey
Joker
Joker and Harley

yea the New Gods is being directed by Ana Du Vernay..

Batgirl might be going straight to their streaming service

Senor Cage
New Gods? WTH man?!

Batman (Mat Reeves)
Batgirl
Nightwing
Suicide Squad 2
Birds of Prey
Joker
Joker and Harley

Umberto said the script for the Flash is already done. Hopefully we have a release date soon.

And I'd prefer a New Gods film to a GL or Flash. If they do a Tom King's Mister Miracle, I'd be in heaven. Mister Miracle is probably the best book on the market now, next to The Wild Storm.

Flyattractor
Hope WB will finally be able to pull their heads out of their asses and let DC start making GOOD Movies now.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Would prefer all white face paint and red lips, green eyes brows too I s'pose

Well we clearly don't know the context of the photo.

Darth Thor
Umberto said the script for the Flash is already done. Hopefully we have a release date soon.

And I'd prefer a New Gods film to a GL or Flash. If they do a Tom King's Mister Miracle, I'd be in heaven. Mister Miracle is probably the best book on the market now, next to The Wild Storm.

Lol the script for the Flash was never an issue. It was keeping a Director.

At least get your big Justice League members done first lol.

And its not just New Gods over Flash and GL. Its all these random Batman properties as well. And its Supergirl over MOS2 e.t.c.

Anyway pretty sure theyre done with the Justice League, and the shared Universe concept will only exist in theory from now on, but not in practice.

quanchi112
Superman and Batman has their time focus on other things like the MCU. MCU is crushing Superman and Batman. They are not shit anymore. Tired and worn out.

Darth Thor
The Batman franchise is dead now?

Wow.

StiltmanFTW

Wow.

DCEU has done the impossible.

Senor Cage
Lol the script for the Flash was never an issue. It was keeping a Director.

At least get your big Justice League members done first lol.

And its not just New Gods over Flash and GL. Its all these random Batman properties as well. And its Supergirl over MOS2 e.t.c.

Anyway pretty sure theyre done with the Justice League, and the shared Universe concept will only exist in theory from now on, but not in practice.

I can't get behind that. New Gods is one of my favorite properties, though. From the sounds of it, we'll get a flash movie before NG, but I want NG first.

Darth Thor
I doubt NG will happen anytime soon tbh.

Doubt the execs at WB would green light such an unknown property at this point in time.

Senor Cage
I doubt NG will happen anytime soon tbh.

Doubt the execs at WB would green light such an unknown property at this point in time.

Well you did list Nightwing and that hasn't been officially green lit, either.

Seeing as Tom King's Mister Miracle is critically acclaimed and from the script, they are going with a similar storyline, I think NG will happen. They have a good director behind it, so I'm somewhat confident it'll happen.

Darth Thor
Well you did list Nightwing and that hasn't been officially green lit, either.

Seeing as Tom King's Mister Miracle is critically acclaimed and from the script, they are going with a similar storyline, I think NG will happen. They have a good director behind it, so I'm somewhat confident it'll happen.

I listed all those in development after you mentioned NG.

Having a critically acclaimed comic and making a well received and financially successful movie are 2 different things.

I just don't see it happening until their films start having some success again. The reception of Shazam (if good) might give them the confidence. But even Shazam is much more well known than New Gods.

Senor Cage
I know they're two different things, but King's run will translate EXTREMELY well on the big screen. Check it out for yourself. It'll go down as one of the greatest runs in history, no doubt.

Darth Thor
That's fine. But whose gonna convince WB execs of that?

They haven't had success yet on brand new properties without one of the Trinity involved.

Senor Cage
That's fine. But whose gonna convince WB execs of that?

They haven't had success yet on brand new properties without one of the Trinity involved.

Ava said they're in the early development stages and that they are focusing on Mister Miracle and Big Barda (Which is what Tom King is doing). So, it's likey going to be made.

Honestly, those two aren't even my favorite New Gods. Orion is. But the MM series is already becoming one of my all-time favorite runs.

I mean, Darkseid is eating carrots, FFS.

https://i.imgur.com/mUZRjrA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/65nXL4Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7h4wErb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6Qv1o8g.jpg

Darth Thor
^ Theres A LOT in the development stages. That huge list of Batman spin offs I gave.

But I doubt most of them will make it to production. Look how long Shazam took. Look how long Flash is taking.

Cyborg was written off, JL part 2 gone, MOS2 all gone.

quanchi112

Wow. I did not say dead I said devalued. Batman and Superman were in jl and it was such a failure. Dceu hurt itself and brands so they need to focus on lesser knows not the same olds.

Darth Thor
Lets not go crazy now. It will only take 1 good Batman solo movie to get audiences excited again.

And going by your logic the DCEU Added value to Superman, given the previous two Superman outings prior to MOS flopped. Whereas Mos was profitable.

Senor Cage
^ Theres A LOT in the development stages. That huge list of Batman spin offs I gave.

But I doubt most of them will make it to production. Look how long Shazam took. Look how long Flash is taking.

Cyborg was written off, JL part 2 gone, MOS2 all gone.

No doubt. I'm not saying it's a guarantee. I'm just giving my two cents on what WB should do. Go the Tom King route or at the very least, do something similar.

quanchi112
Lets not go crazy now. It will only take 1 good Batman solo movie to get audiences excited again.

And going by your logic the DCEU Added value to Superman, given the previous two Superman outings prior to MOS flopped. Whereas Mos was profitable. He hadtwo appearances and hashad plenty of films. MCU showed you can turn lesser known into better results than Superman.

Justice league, kid. Superman is not just see he is boring. Who cares. Dc has plenty of other interesting ipslike the new gods, Black Adam than Superman.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah but the value clearly went up from Superman 4, and Superman Returns.

MOS was profitable and the 2nd best received DCEU films. They had 2 profitable solo films between MOS and WW. So just seems very odd to let one of them go.

They can do other stuff but why write off the film franchise that started your universe? Write off the team ones which were panned and lost money instead (that is the failed Dawn of the Justice League start up).

quanchi112
^ Yeah but the value clearly went up from Superman 4, and Superman Returns.

MOS was profitable and the 2nd best received DCEU films. They had 2 profitable solo films between MOS and WW. So just seems very odd to let one of them go.

They can do other stuff but why write off the film franchise that started your universe? Write off the team ones which were panned and lost money instead (that is the failed Dawn of the Justice League start up). dude, they gave him multiple films stfu. Things change. You want more of the sane, Batman, Superman, joker. I love the MCU and guys like my favorite Thanos is the centerpiece but you really want more of the dceu same. More Superman and more Batman films. Your thing but it failed so I see why they are going elsewhere. WW is far better than either hero in the dceu.

Darth Thor
Lol what?

There has been 1 Superman solo film which was profitable and better received than the ones involving Batman and Wonder Woman later (not including the WW solo of course).

I get it you hate Superman, but it makes no sense to let him go. Batfleck? Sure. Hes achieved nothing good for the DCEU. Snyder sure. He did a decent start with MOS, but then they put him above his level treating him like hes the Russos.

But just stopping altogether with Cavill and Superman? Makes no sense.

Not saying you have to have him in something every year, but at least plan out a sequel for him for the next few years.

quanchi112
Lol what?

There has been 1 Superman solo film which was profitable and better received than the ones involving Batman and Wonder Woman later (not including the WW solo of course).

I get it you hate Superman, but it makes no sense to let him go. Batfleck? Sure. Hes achieved nothing good for the DCEU. Snyder sure. He did a decent start with MOS, but then they put him above his level treating him like hes the Russos.

But just stopping altogether with Cavill and Superman? Makes no sense.

Not saying you have to have him in something every year, but at least plan out a sequel for him for the next few years. Ot dud not even break 700 million worldwide and if it was such a safe play Warner would do so. Not let go focus on other properties since making a great Superman film clearly is not easy.

Yes, it does Cavill wanted too much money and his films are not on an upward trajectory. Focus on other dc characters I have had enough. Thor owns him at the box office these days. Times have changed.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ot dud not even break 700 million worldwide and if it was such a safe play Warner would do so. Not let go focus on other properties since making a great Superman film clearly is not easy.

Who said 700mill was the breaking even point?

It was profitable. End of story. An accomplishment of sorts given the previous 2 Superman films were flops. If WB saw it as a failure then they would not have pushed forward giving Snyder BvS, JL1 & JL2. Treating him like he was the Russos.

Now they hate Snyder for destroying the DCEU and are being idiotic to take that out on Cavill.

Again why does doing a Superman movie every 3/4 years mean you cant concentrate on other films? Youre making no sense.

Yes, it does Cavill wanted too much money and his films are not on an upward trajectory. Focus on other dc characters I have had enough. Thor owns him at the box office these days. Times have changed.

Well since MOS (and BvS) were both profitable and since the MI movie with him is the biggest MI movie to date, then why not ask for more?

Obviously I dont know the details but I highly doubt he was asking for Tom Cruise or RDJ money.

Lol Ragnarok made more than WW and JL. Does that mean we let WW go as well? You are making no sense.

Btw MOS made more than Thor:TDW which was out the same year.

Everyone here except you agrees that if theyve lost Cavill then they should just reboot after WW2.

quanchi112
Who said 700mill was the breaking even point?

It was profitable. End of story. An accomplishment of sorts given the previous 2 Superman films were flops. If WB saw it as a failure then they would not have pushed forward giving Snyder BvS, JL1 & JL2. Treating him like he was the Russos.

Now they hate Snyder for destroying the DCEU and are being idiotic to take that out on Cavill.

Again why does doing a Superman movie every 3/4 years mean you cant concentrate on other films? Youre making no sense.

Well since MOS (and BvS) were both profitable and since the MI movie with him is the biggest MI movie to date, then why not ask for more?

Obviously I dont know the details but I highly doubt he was asking for Tom Cruise or RDJ money.

Lol Ragnarok made more than WW and JL. Does that mean we let WW go as well? You are making no sense.

Btw MOS made more than Thor:TDW which was out the same year.

Everyone here except you agrees that if theyve lost Cavill then they should just reboot after WW2. Point is it did not make enough to scream a sequel and was not universally loved. Cry more.

It is their business they see otherwise so quit crying about it. Cavill wanted too much money and thus far they have decided to go elsewhere which I applaud. The fans are not screaming for more Superman just a few butthurt Superman fans are.

Justice league happened so that changes your point since he was a part of it. WW was universally enjoyed unlike the divisive Mos. This is a dead forum so who cares. I care about what I want not you a Superman apologist. He is boring and has had multiple films time for something new.

Darth Thor
1)Point is it did not make enough to scream a sequel and was not universally loved. Cry more.

2)It is their business they see otherwise so quit crying about it. Cavill wanted too much money and thus far they have decided to go elsewhere which I applaud. The fans are not screaming for more Superman just a few butthurt Superman fans are.

3)Justice league happened so that changes your point since he was a part of it. WW was universally enjoyed unlike the divisive Mos. This is a dead forum so who cares. I care about what I want not you a Superman apologist. He is boring and has had multiple films time for something new.

1) Clearly it did giving what they trusted Snyder with right after. Profitable franchises do warrant a sequel. They are just scared of the Snyder backlash now and taking it out on Cavill.

2) Yes and we know how well they have been handling their DC Business Lmao.

3) Putting JLs failure on him is outright laughable given he was the least marketed member of the team.

I get you are jealous of Superman, but try applying some common sense sometimes.

quanchi112
1) Clearly it did giving what they trusted Snyder with right after. Profitable franchises do warrant a sequel. They are just scared of the Snyder backlash now and taking it out on Cavill.

2) Yes and we know how well they have been handling their DC Business Lmao.

3) Putting JLs failure on him is outright laughable given he was the least marketed member of the team.

I get you are jealous of Superman, but try applying some common sense sometimes.

1. snyder made Mos and like I said it dud not make gangbusters and was not universally loved. Nah, we saw Whedon and his jl fail with Superman.

2. Hence why have switched strategies you moron. Shoving Superman and Batman down our throats failed utterly. Devalued the brand so lesser knowns and smaller budgets with a newer strategy. Old one failed with those characters.

3. A collective fail. New strategy is required but since WW was profitable and loved a sequel is greenlit. This is not hard to figure out.

He sucks and has failed. I love how you are triggered over it. You are a huge Superman ******. **** you and your weak ass failure of a hero. Make mine Marvel.

Darth Thor
1) So you need to make gangbusters now to warrant a sequel? Lol
It was the second best received film in the DCEU thus far erm

2) Right.. Changing brands from Superman to Supergirl and from Batman to Batgirl. They sure are running running from the Bat and Supes brand arent they? Lmao
Nah they are being retarded like you.

3) You dont have a brain. With your strategy hey never would given us Hulk again after TIH. And that actually Flopped!

Lol you are so butthurt over Superman. Its pretty funny, and pretty sad.

Flyattractor
Well according to HollywoodThink now if your movie don't break a Billion, it is almost considered a Bomb now.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well according to HollywoodThink now if your movie don't break a Billion, it is almost considered a Bomb now.

They must have Retard Quan advising them.

Flyattractor
They must have Retard Quan advising them.

Meet the New Generation of Fandom.

FanDum maybe?

Oh I mean.... WE WIN!!!!!

quanchi112
1) So you need to make gangbusters now to warrant a sequel? Lol
It was the second best received film in the DCEU thus far erm

2) Right.. Changing brands from Superman to Supergirl and from Batman to Batgirl. They sure are running running from the Bat and Supes brand arent they? Lmao
Nah they are being retarded like you.

3) You dont have a brain. With your strategy hey never would given us Hulk again after TIH. And that actually Flopped!

Lol you are so butthurt over Superman. Its pretty funny, and pretty sad. 1. It did not do so and was quite polarizing which does not bode well for a sequel. It is not automatic you moron. That is not saying much WW is the best film and she is the best hero of the dceu. Far better than Superman.

2. They are completely different characters with different histories, etc. They also have not greenlit them either. Superman has had enough screen time he failed. Let it go. He had multiple chances. No, they are trying something new which I applaud but Shazam sucks so I cannot say I back every single decision but I am hopeful for Aquaman and WW 1984.

3. They have done fine without a Hulk solo film so they learned and might try later. Hulk was fantastic in Thor Ragnarok. MCU learned they did not try to shove the Hulk down our throats in solo films but that is a whole mess with Universal anyways.

You are the one crying he is being forgotten. I am loving it. **** Superman and **** you, cuck.

Thanos is my guy and he is THE MAIN CHARACTER in the best movie of all time. I told you for years and some who are now trying to jump on my marvel bandwagon.

Thanos reigns supreme Superman is pitiful in todays times. laughing out loud

Darth Thor
^ All been addressed. Youre just being a bit dumb. Youre the only one who thinks they shouldnt keep Cavill and they shouldnt reboot either.

But yeah keep crying like a weirdo thumb up

quanchi112
^ All been addressed. Youre just being a bit dumb. Youre the only one who thinks they shouldnt keep Cavill and they shouldnt reboot either.

But yeah keep crying like a weirdo thumb up They do not have to do either. They can use Cavill down the road or not at all. There are a lot of options you are just butthurt because Supermanis devalued these days. Deal with it, cuck.

Thanos reigns supreme Superman is lying in a gutter somewhere wondering why the majority has forgotten him.

Robtard
Did some numbers from boxofficemojo:

-Ironman raked in $585m on a budget of $140m, profit is $445m. Adjusted to 2013 dollars that is $481m

-Man of Steel raked in $668m on a budget of $225m, profit $443m

Considering both Ironman and Man of Steel were the first films in both their own new franchise and their extended film universe and considering they had similar earnings (+/- 10%), WB should have done a sequel to MoS before BvS, in fact, they should have squeezed in MoS2, WW and a solo Batman film before BvS.

Darth Thor
^ They shouldnt have done BvS. That was just them rushing to catch up with Marvel. Big mistake.

The first time we should have seen Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman together should have been in Justice League IMO. And that after Wonder Woman and MOS2.

quanchi112
B vs. S was not a bad idea the film was just terrible. Make good films that are universally loved and they will work ie. WW. MoS was not universally loved. It was bad imo. It has aged better but still is not a good film just not as bad as I thought the first time I saw it.

Darth Thor
BvS only sucked more for trying to fit in too much and rush into Justice League.

The 3rd act of that film was Justice League. The Big 3 together for the first time. And we get that right after MOS erm

quanchi112
BvS only sucked more for trying to fit in too much and rush into Justice League.

The 3rd act of that film was Justice League. The Big 3 together for the first time. And we get that right after MOS erm Again the execution was bad and not even optimal for MoS. WW worked because most enjoyed it and it was financially succcessul.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Robtard
Did some numbers from boxofficemojo:

-Ironman raked in $585m on a budget of $140m, profit is $445m. Adjusted to 2013 dollars that is $481m

-Man of Steel raked in $668m on a budget of $225m, profit $443m

Considering both Ironman and Man of Steel were the first films in both their own new franchise and their extended film universe and considering they had similar earnings (+/- 10%), WB should have done a sequel to MoS before BvS, in fact, they should have squeezed in MoS2, WW and a solo Batman film before BvS.

Well, Christopher McQuairrie wants to do one with Cavil. Do it, WB!

quanchi112
Well, Christopher McQuairrie wants to do one with Cavil. Do it, WB! He is already doing the Witcher. Best of luck Cavill.

BruceSkywalker
Well, Christopher McQuairrie wants to do one with Cavil. Do it, WB!

cavil is done... affleck could be as well.. dceu is dead.. its been destroyed

DarthPlaguis12

Kazenji
I doubt Aquaman will bomb with James Wan behind that movie.

Darth Thor
Yeah also no way Gadot would leave.

Wonder Woman is by far the biggest acting gig she will ever get.

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>