Joker origin movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Just one question... WHY??????

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/05/joker-standalone-movie-dceu-jared-leto/

quanchi112
laughing out loud

This sounds awful.

Tzeentch
The memes write themselves.

Robtard
Cool idea as The Joker is an iconic villain, one of the greatest. But Leto's take on it was not good, not good at all.

playa1258
Leto can make it happen if the character is written better.

carthage
Is this before or after their purported DiCaprio (with Scorsese) spin-off film? WB and DC suck at creative decisions

Impediment
RIP, DCEU.

Leto's Joker was a fecal glazed abortion.

Patient_Leech
Give Leto Joker some longer hair and I think he'll be much more pimpin'.

quanchi112
Such a bad idea. Give a lesser known character the spotlight stop with the Batman Joker nonsense.

Darth Thor
Wait, so theres this Leto Joker film AND the origin one outside of the DCEU?

Get your act together WB. Decide what you want to do.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Is this before or after their purported DiCaprio (with Scorsese) spin-off film? WB and DC suck at creative decisions

ask zack and playa

Flyattractor
If a Dull Purple Prune Chin like Thanos can carry a flick. The Joker sure as Hell can.

steverules_2
Jared Leto is quite possibly...actually no he is the worst joker I've ever seen or known, not just because they made him look absolute shit but because of Leto himself

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If a Dull Purple Prune Chin like Thanos can carry a flick. The Joker sure as Hell can. Lets bet on which film does better Thanos or the Joker. Loser leaves kmc for 2 months. Do you accept, coward?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Impediment
RIP, DCEU.

Leto's Joker was a fecal glazed abortion. Pretty Much. Why aren't WB smarter?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
Jared Leto is quite possibly...actually no he is the worst joker I've ever seen or known, not just because they made him look absolute shit but because of Leto himself

I don't think it's particularly fair to say that because Suicide Squad was such a retarded pile of shit. He wasn't given a proper chance because it was written and edited so terribly.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I don't think it's particularly fair to say that because Suicide Squad was such a retarded pile of shit. He wasn't given a proper chance because it was written and edited so terribly. He had more than enough time to make a first impression though, and his impression wasn't a good one. As I said when I saw SS, he seemed more like a sane person trying to act insane than someone that is actually mentally ill. Not only that but he looks absolutely awful. Whoever designed his look should be fired and never allowed to work in hollywood again.

Robtard
Pretty much, which was a huge disappointment as Leto is very talented; I was expecting him to deliver with the role. Instead we got what the Joker would have been if he had been on the villain roster in one of the Joel Schumacher Batman films and those were utter shit.

Nemesis X
QQPfPEJsswI

Inhuman
"The Joaquin Phoenix Joker Origin Movie Is Still Happening as Well"

https://movieweb.com/joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-joaquin-phoenix/

erm

Zack M
I'd rather see Joaqin as Joker than Leto.

Kazenji
Leto as an actor is good, His portrayal of the Joker was garbage then again that's probably what David Ayer wanted.

wakkawakkawakka
Why is this happening? Is DC...or WB just getting carried away with the knowledge that Suicide Squad won an "Academy Award"?

Not that I would watch it but what would this movie even be about?

Darth Thor
^ SS made a lot of money.

Plus was the first time the movie audiences were introduced to Harley Quinn and her relationship with Joker.

So even though most people didnt enjoy the film, they probably liked the whole Joker/Harley thing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So even though most people didnt enjoy the film, they probably liked the whole Joker/Harley thing.

https://i.imgur.com/YArDJrE.gif

Darth Thor
Okay...

tkitna
Saw this on another board and was taken aback. Come on DC.

Leto's Joker is universally the one that gets panned and they are going to green light a solo movie? This isnt helping the state of the DCEU.

Darth Thor
Its because Suicide Squad made so much money. Theyre gonna milk anything from that film.

They should probably just do a SS2 first to test if anyone is still interested before green lighting everything else.

playa1258
It's frustrating and confusing at the same time. Hopefully comic con can clear some things up.

StiltmanFTW
C'mon, playa. You know it will suck.

Zack M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
C'mon, playa. You know it will suck.

Martin Scorsese produced Joker Movie? Gritty, noir style? I think I'll place my bets on Joauqin Phoenix being good, if Martin is involved. Leto one? Depends on the screen writer and director.

playa1258
C'mon, playa. You know it will suck. No one knows if it will suck or be good.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
Leto can make it happen if the character is written better.

Did you even see SS?

tkitna
Its because Suicide Squad made so much money.

Curiosity cash. Even I got suckered in and was rooting for it. I, like many others, wont fall for that a second time.

A Leto Joker movie will suck. He was awful in the role.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by tkitna
Curiosity cash. Even I got suckered in and was rooting for it. I, like many others, wont fall for that a second time.

A Leto Joker movie will suck. He was awful in the role.

Im not defending the film. Just pointing out the fact that it did make shit tons. So they not gonna let that go until he next one flops.

DarthPlaguis12

Inhuman
Originally posted by Zack M
Martin Scorsese produced Joker Movie? Gritty, noir style? I think I'll place my bets on Joauqin Phoenix being good, if Martin is involved. Leto one? Depends on the screen writer and director.

Its more about being sick and tiered of Joker being used or overused. The character needs to be put on hold for at least a few years.
Batman has great villains in his rogues gallery and all DC/WB can think of doing is making a bunch of Joker and Harley related movies? This studio is the king of causing fatigue to these types of movies.

Nemesis X
Its because Suicide Squad made so much money. Theyre gonna milk anything from that film.

So why not make a Katana movie or something over this likely hot mess? I'm so sick and tired of bats and clowns.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So why not make a Katana movie or something over this likely hot mess? I'm so sick and tired of bats and clowns.

Dont think Katanas the reason people went to watch Suicide Squad.

Also dont think any studio in their right mind would give up on Batman.

Nemesis X
Dont think Katanas the reason people went to watch Suicide Squad.

Oh look. Somebody speaking for me...

Well, I did also watch it for Will Smith as Deadshot. There's a movie they could've made instead.

I must not be in mine for I certainly would if I had a studio. Fatigue for Batman movies has to be growing.

Zack M
Originally posted by Inhuman
Its more about being sick and tiered of Joker being used or overused. The character needs to be put on hold for at least a few years.
Batman has great villains in his rogues gallery and all DC/WB can think of doing is making a bunch of Joker and Harley related movies? This studio is the king of causing fatigue to these types of movies.

I'm sick of the Joker, too. But the formula WB wants to do, can't be beat here. I don't care for a Leto solo, but Joaqin/Scorsese has gold written all over it (similar to Spielberg/Blackhawks). Not to say it's a guarantee good movie, but I'd take the chances.

cdtm
War of Jokes and Riddles could make a sweet movie.

Darth Thor
Oh look. Somebody speaking for me...

Well, I did also watch it for Will Smith as Deadshot. There's a movie they could've made instead.

So you just confirmed you didnt watch it for Katana thumb up

I must not be in mine for I certainly would if I had a studio. Fatigue for Batman movies has to be growing.

What a dumb thing to say.

There must be Iron Man and Spider-Man fatigue too right? Better keep them off the big screen for the next ten years too hey?

Nemesis X
So you just confirmed you didnt watch it for Katana thumb up

Yes 'cause Deadshot was the ONLY reason I watched it right? Don't give yourself an ego with alternate facts you make up. K thanks!

Except they don't suck no expression

Darth Thor

Except they don't suck no expression

Ah you hate Batman, therefore everyone is bored of him. I suggest you simply just dont watch any future Batman films. That way you cant get sick of them.

FYI Your business acumen sucks.

Nemesis X
^^Implying that they're gonna reboot the DCEU anytime soon. If only.

Impediment
It's official.

Robtard
Joaquin Phoenix is a superb actor, just not sure he's proper for this role.

You Were Never Really Here (2017) is a smaller budget film, not great, it was decent though mostly because of him. Recommend anyone who is a fan of his watch it

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, Phoenix is great. REALLY great actually. I think he's one of the best actors of his generation if not the best. Certainly underrated at the least.

Inhuman
- Phoenix Joker movie

- Leto Joker and Harley movie

- Birds of Prey movie featuring Harley and probably Joker

- Gotham City Sirens featuring Harley and probably Joker

- Suicide Squad 2 featuring Harley and probably Joker

- New Batman standalone probably featuring joker as a cameo

Am I forgetting anything?

BackFire
Have faith that Phoenix will do a good job. Great actor. Have much less faith that the director of The Hangover movies will do justice to the character, though.

NotAllThatEvil
Isn't one of the big draws of the joker that he doesn't have a defined origin and just spills out random stories whenever he's asked?

BruceSkywalker
will likely pass even though phoenix is a talented actor

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Isn't one of the big draws of the joker that he doesn't have a defined origin and just spills out random stories whenever he's asked?

shhh.. we aren't supposed to know that

Zack M

BruceSkywalker
meh...

lets see if the general audience will even care

Robtard
"The story will reportedly take place in the 80s and will play out as a gritty crime drama rather than a blockbuster superhero film." -snip

"Elsewhere in the interview, Phoenix revealed he's been thinking about a role like the Joker for a few years now and also hinted the movie won't be connected to the larger DCEU." -snip

Well that's a plus and another plus

Zack M
Martin Scorsese produced joker movie? Do I smell Oscar nominations?

StiltmanFTW
I smell a rotten tomato.

Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/6nqhea8.jpg

Zack M
I smell a rotten tomato.

Doubtful.

BruceSkywalker
I smell a rotten tomato.

it won;t be a surprise at all

tkitna
Joker Origin,,,,the movie nobody was asking for.

BruceSkywalker
Joker Origin,,,,the movie nobody was asking for.

don't forget leto's joker film too lol

Kazenji
A pretty good fan made one

12OXLnqiZkk

quanchi112
So utterly lame.

Zack M
Supposedly, Robert deniro has joined.

tkitna
Originally posted by Zack M
Supposedly, Robert deniro has joined.

They signed him on after his tirade at the Tonys? Brilliant. Its as if they are looking for ways to fail.

Kazenji
The only one that'll be failing will be the Leto Joker movie.

Dreampanther
Mr A. Fleck.

https://i.blogs.es/556f33/phoenix-portada/450_1000.jpg

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
The only one that'll be failing will be the Leto Joker movie.

I doubt that will ever happen.

They signed him on after his tirade at the Tonys? Brilliant. Its as if they are looking for ways to fail.

This wont fail. Not with a $50mill budget.

It will however give us more Joker than we need right now.

JP better kill it, otherwise between this and Leto there will be clear Joker fatigue, and he wont be showing up as a Batman villain again for like the next 20years.

Kazenji
I doubt that will ever happen..

Box Office wise it might not

but i'm more or less talking about reviews and how the movie critics might feel about the movie itself, Which i'm sure will be right about.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Box Office wise it might not

but i'm more or less talking about reviews and how the movie critics might feel about the movie itself, Which i'm sure will be right about.

No I meant I doubt the Leto Joker movie will ever be made.

quanchi112
This movie will be such a snooze fest. The budget f the film is laughable. How the mighty have fallen. No more Nolan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.