Of all the DCEU films announced and rumored, which are you most hopeful for?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112

BruceSkywalker
honestly none unless a trailer gets me to believe

quanchi112
New gods for me so Thanos can destroy Darkseid cinematically. That initial vs. idea is what brought me to this site. I will complete my destiny.

BackFire
The Joaquin Phoenix joker movie. Think it's great casting, even though I'm very suspicious of the choice of director.

playa1258
MOS2 for me.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
MOS2 for me.

when was that announced

Originally posted by quanchi112
New gods for me so Thanos can destroy Darkseid cinematically. That initial vs. idea is what brought me to this site. I will complete my destiny.

they won't do Darkseid or Orion any type of justice

Darth Thor
Shazam.

playa1258
It's been rumored which was asked in the OP.

Kazenji
Aquaman with James Wan behind it, He's usually been good being the director on films

and the Joaquin Phoenix lead joker movie.

BruceSkywalker
It's been rumored which was asked in the OP.

its been in developmental hell so it might not ever get made so we have to see...

Flyattractor
Shazan and New Gods.

I can enjoy all flims unlike the Ugly Closed Minded MCU Shills.

quanchi112

John Murdoch
Shazam.

Very glad that WB is finally putting one of the most interesting character concepts (a little boy getting superpowers on the level of Superman) on the big screen.

DC should embrace that some of their characters' are so positive and light-hearted and optimistic and translate that to the big screen instead of constantly trying to react to critic and audience expectations or make everything way too grim-dark.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji
and the Joaquin Phoenix lead joker movie.

Originally posted by BackFire
The Joaquin Phoenix joker movie. Think it's great casting, even though I'm very suspicious of the choice of director.

Will it be a part of DCEU?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Will it be a part of DCEU?

i don't think even WB even knows

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BackFire
The Joaquin Phoenix joker movie. Think it's great casting, even though I'm very suspicious of the choice of director. I had no idea this was real. Thank god they're getting rid of Leto. My original answer was non besides maybe a second Man of Steel depending on the villain, but I'll adopt this answer. Dudes a phenomenal actor.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thank god they're getting rid of Leto.

They are not. Variety has just reported a Leto Joker solo film.

steverules_2

Surtur

LMAO!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor

So Phoenix will be used for a non-DCEU canon Killing Joke adaptation?

Surtur

Gay.

CPT Space Bomb
I'm already liking the idea of Phoenix as the Joker WAY, WAAAAAY more than Leto. His performance as Commodus in Gladiator is still one of the greatest cinematic villains ever imo.

https://historicalhistrionics.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/commodus-is-bored.jpg

I'm actually pretty hyped to see what he can do as Joker.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I had no idea this was real. Thank god they're getting rid of Leto. My original answer was non besides maybe a second Man of Steel depending on the villain, but I'll adopt this answer. Dudes a phenomenal actor. Stooge.

Darth Thor
So Phoenix will be used for a non-DCEU canon Killing Joke adaptation?

Apparently yes his will not be DCEU but be done on top of Letos which obviously will be DCEU.

And Phoenixs is an origin story I believe.

quanchi112
Two Joker films seems like a really bad idea.

steverules_2

Think that line got crossed a while a go

StiltmanFTW
Apparently yes his will not be DCEU but be done on top of Letos which obviously will be DCEU.

As I thought. So it shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread, technically.

And Phoenixs is an origin story I believe.

Well, if they're adapting TKJ story, it has to be.

Are you surprised? DC = House of Bad Ideas.

They never had much trust in their shared cinematic universe project, that's why its only official name is "Justice League Universe" --- trying to confine it as much as possible.

Now they want to backpedal and make films not connected with the rest, like back in the day.

relentless1
Im interested to see what they've done with Shazam; also I wanna see what they do with a more comic accurate Batman in a solo movie, I think that movie will be awesome. New Gods has a lot of potential too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
Im interested to see what they've done with Shazam; also I wanna see what they do with a more comic accurate Batman in a solo movie, I think that movie will be awesome. New Gods has a lot of potential too. You get one film you turd.

dynamix
was green lantern announced? if so, then that one lol. shazam also. for some reason, i'm not excited for aquaman. not sure why.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dynamix
was green lantern announced? if so, then that one lol.

You're a masochist through and through...

We might get Green Lantern CORPS in 2020, but it's way too early to be sure.

Originally posted by dynamix
for some reason, i'm not excited for aquaman. not sure why.

Nobody is.

Aquaman is very unpopular. DC itself is making fun of him... their way of advertising Teen Titans GO film, for example: "because if Aquaman can get a movie... anyone can.

https://youtu.be/KZmUiq66nYI?t=1m10s

Dr Will Hatch
Shazam and that Blackhawk movie that Steven Spielberg is going to direct.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Shazam and that Blackhawk movie that Steven Spielberg is going to direct.

Yeah. If Stevie can get his Old School Shit Together. A Blackhawk Movie alla Indiana Jones style should Rock the Casba.

Especially if they use the ultra fun version from the late 80's that was in the Action Weekly Comic.

That run was just pure old fashioned Fun!!!

Drsoe08
Tho its not a part of the DCEU, the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie seems exciting and hopeful.

Surtur
Can't wait for the animated Death of Superman movie coming out in a few days.

Estacado
Aquaman looks pretty solid.

playa1258
Aquaman but Shazam looks good too.

BruceSkywalker
AFFLECK DONE AND GONE...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/30/batman-recast-ben-affleck-out-dc-films-rumor/

steverules_2

Robtard
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I'm already liking the idea of Phoenix as the Joker WAY, WAAAAAY more than Leto. His performance as Commodus in Gladiator is still one of the greatest cinematic villains ever imo.

https://historicalhistrionics.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/commodus-is-bored.jpg

I'm actually pretty hyped to see what he can do as Joker.

He made that movie, you genuinely disliked/hated the character, that's a sign of a good villain, at least his type of villain.

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
AFFLECK DONE AND GONE...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/30/batman-recast-ben-affleck-out-dc-films-rumor/

FFS, Affleck and the studio just need to decide and make the call at this point, this ping-pong back and forth of Affleck is in/out is ridiculous.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
FFS, Affleck and the studio just need to decide and make the call at this point, this ping-pong back and forth of Affleck is in/out is ridiculous.

i agree

juggernaut74
From what I know there is only 4 DC movies on the slate that being, Aquaman, SHAZAM, Joker, Wonder Woman 1984 and in that order.

All of this other rumored crap is just that....crap. Untill we have release dates and or go into production we have crap. You guys should know that sh!t by now with WB.

When Marvel says their doing a movie, they do it.

Darth Thor

Pretty sure theyve known for a while and are just waiting for the right time to make it public.

Given theres no film with Batman anytime soon, they have got time.

juggernaut74
Yea I don't that it's news he's done as Batman. Heck I already thought it was a done deal.

roughrider
Wonder Woman is the only film series with any credibility right now. So, it's the second movie plus Shazam for me.

Surtur
I'm just waiting for Black Adam to appear in a movie.

Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/oy6xaUq.jpg

What was WB/DC's plan before???

TheVaultDweller

lol I have seen some people refer to him as Schrodinger's Batman.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/oy6xaUq.jpg

What was WB/DC's plan before???

Jets, remember? stick out tongue

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Jets, remember? stick out tongue

lulz thumb up

Surtur
It will be hilarious if the villains only weakness turns out to be sea turtles.

janus77
Sadly the DCEU bar is set so low that, a mediocre branch like the Superman films is probably the best thing I'm "looking forward to" in their realm.

Oh and maybe lightning will strike twice and they can rip-off another Captain America story for a good WW sequel.

Other than that, I'm probably coming to the end of my comicbook movies days. Marvel are going to turn Feminist, so there's probably going to be sod all worth watching.

Best get back to adult stuff, like books and programming.

Inhuman
Originally posted by janus77
Oh and maybe lightning will strike twice and they can rip-off another Captain America story for a good WW sequel.

From the trailers and supposed leaked plot, Aquaman is similar to Black Panther.

janus77
I saw the trailer, yes ... the whole kingly drama stuff is similar.

Atlantis for ever?

Surtur
I guess I'm looking forward to the Man of Steel sequel. Assuming one happens.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Inhuman
From the trailers and supposed leaked plot, Aquaman is similar to Black Panther.

To be fair, they were almost done with production on Aquaman by the time Black Panther came out.

Originally posted by Surtur

Nothing on the schedule for that so far.

Shame because I think Cavill makes a great Superman. Snyders direction just messed things up for him.

StiltmanFTW

It happened.

It was BvS smile

Kazenji
Matt Reeve's is still in contact with Ben Affleck

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-update/

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by janus77
I saw the trailer, yes ... the whole kingly drama stuff is similar.

Atlantis for ever? Hey, you might one day get a good onscreen SS now.

janus77
I hope so, but by the time that happens, Marvel will have destroyed what little remains of the glinting bastard's awesomeness.

DarthPlaguis12
This year aquaman

NemeBro
The only thing I'm hopeful for is death.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by NemeBro
The only thing I'm hopeful for is death.

laughing out loud

thumb up

roughrider
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
This year aquaman

That's the ONLY thing this year. Low bar, indeed.

StiltmanFTW
laughing

Surtur
It happened.

It was BvS smile

I thought so too, but then I heard of plans for a "Man of Steel 2" and figured they didn't consider BvS a sequel. The guy who played Supes doesn't consider it a sequel.

And if you go by wiki here is what it says about the sequel:

"In August 2016, The Wrap reported that Warner Bros. put the film in active development as a top priority. The news of a standalone Superman film were later confirmed by Dany Garcia, Cavill's manager. While promoting Arrival, Amy Adams confirmed that work had begun on the screenplay. In March 2017, it was announced that Matthew Vaughn was being eyed by Warner Bros. to direct. In April 2018, it was reported that Christopher McQuarrie is considering directing the film."

So it seems kinda stuck in limbo and in need of a director. Seems nobody wants to take a bite of this shit sandwich.

cdtm
Of the offerings, I suppose Shazan.

If DC knew what they were doing, they'd reference old Vertigo line stories like Longbow Hunters or The Question. Maybe L.E.G.I.O.N. or the Five Years Later LOSH story.. So many stories of the 80's/90's would make good movies, and keep in with the "grim 'n gritty" mood they aim for.

StiltmanFTW
I thought so too, but then I heard of plans for a "Man of Steel 2" and figured they didn't consider BvS a sequel.

Snyder is no longer on the ship. It won't happen.

The guy who played Supes doesn't consider it a sequel.

Cavill's opinion doesn't matter one bit...

So it seems kinda stuck in limbo and in need of a director. Seems nobody wants to take a bite of this shit sandwich.

And nobody will.

DC's shared universe is a disaster, WB is going to back to making stand-alone films.

Darth Thor
^ Since MOS2 is a stand alone (in theory), that should fit in with their new approach.

Surtur
I'm sure some director might take the job. I hear James Gunn has an opening now.

playa1258
Hire James Gunn for a GLC film while hiring Batista as Kilowog.

Surtur
Hire James Gunn for a GLC film while hiring Batista as Kilowog.

Or to do some films surrounding the New Gods.

tkitna
Or to do some films surrounding the New Gods.

Yes please. This is what I would be interested in. The exchanges between Barda and Miracle could be awesome.

quanchi112
Someone else is attached to the new gods. Ava duvernay.

Adam Grimes
Gunn would probably be better.

quanchi112
Gunn is too good for the dceu.

BruceSkywalker
Wonder Woman '84 has been pushed back to 2020....

https://deadline.com/2018/10/wonder-woman-1984-flies-to-summer-2020-1202487260/

StiltmanFTW
I thought so too, but then I heard of plans for a "Man of Steel 2" and figured they didn't consider BvS a sequel. The guy who played Supes doesn't consider it a sequel.

And if you go by wiki here is what it says about the sequel:

"In August 2016, The Wrap reported that Warner Bros. put the film in active development as a top priority. The news of a standalone Superman film were later confirmed by Dany Garcia, Cavill's manager. While promoting Arrival, Amy Adams confirmed that work had begun on the screenplay. In March 2017, it was announced that Matthew Vaughn was being eyed by Warner Bros. to direct. In April 2018, it was reported that Christopher McQuarrie is considering directing the film."

Cavill is out...

Wonder Woman '84 has been pushed back to 2020....

https://deadline.com/2018/10/wonder-woman-1984-flies-to-summer-2020-1202487260/

laughing out loud

The Spectre+
why the hell did they push it to another summer...are they very sure it'll be a hit again.

StiltmanFTW
They know they'll need to do massive reshoots, probably laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Spectre+
why the hell did they push it to another summer...are they very sure it'll be a hit again. Fear of Captain marvels power.

quanchi112
Cavill is out...

laughing out loud Cavill being out is a good thing. Superman just does not bring in the cash. Most people think he is lame.

BruceSkywalker
They know they'll need to do massive reshoots, probably laughing out loud

that and she'll be the next to leave the dceu

quanchi112
that and she'll be the next to leave the dceu Dceu really might die with a whimper.

StiltmanFTW
What DCEU films are coming/in plans, anyway? Other than Aquaman in December and WW in 2020.

I'm not counting the Phoenix Joker movie, of course.

quanchi112
What DCEU films are coming/in plans, anyway? Other than Aquaman in December and WW in 2020.

I'm not counting the Phoenix Joker movie, of course. Shazam. At least will be made/are being made. Other announcements but nothing in production.

StiltmanFTW
Ah, of course. Thanks.

"I don't even know how to pee in this thing" + finger zaps charging and destroying iPhones.

It will suck.

quanchi112
Ah, of course. Thanks.

"I don't even know how to pee in this thing" + finger zaps charging and destroying iPhones.

It will suck. Shazam will be by far the worst of the 3 quality wise to me. Looks embarrassing. Riv is super stoked though. Do not worry he has 90 percent of the forum on ignore so this will not ever graze his screen.

StiltmanFTW
You mean Riv?

quanchi112
You mean Riv? Yes, my iPad betrays me.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

He's like the only person excited about it.

Excluding Golgo, perhaps.

quanchi112
thumb up

He's like the only person excited about it.

Excluding Golgo, perhaps. Rivs ignore list tells me the guy is pretty sensitive. Message boards are not for him.

StiltmanFTW
You got that right. I was always saying the same thing.

BruceSkywalker
Dceu really might die with a whimper.

i won't shed any tears..

where are the people to make excuses

Darth Thor
Fear of Captain marvels power.

No one fears her power more than you laughing out loud

quanchi112
No one fears her power more than you laughing out loud **** no. Thanos taking on someone of her power plus the rest of the avengers solidifies how formidable Thanos truly is. Thanos is the big bad wolf. All the little piggies have to team up to take him on.

Darth Thor
^ Oh you are crapping yourself.

quanchi112
^ Oh you are crapping yourself. No, I expect to be vindicated next year.

Darth Thor
Thanos and Wonder Woman are both hiding from Captain Marvel laughing out loud

quanchi112
Thanos and Wonder Woman are both hiding from Captain Marvel laughing out loud Thanos is the one who just butt****ed the entire universe. She needs to get in there. Thanos is the big bad of all of cinema. Undeniable.

Estacado
Im looking forward to Gotham's version of Bane...

https://www.dccomics.com/sites/default/files/field/image/GothamBane_blog_5bce5261d73d04.91982022.jpg

quanchi112
Please tell me this is a joke.

Estacado
Nah...its the official look of Bane....haermm

steverules_2
Originally posted by Estacado
Im looking forward to Gotham's version of Bane...

https://www.dccomics.com/sites/default/files/field/image/GothamBane_blog_5bce5261d73d04.91982022.jpg

What the phuck is this? Steam punk bane? Were they hit with budget cuts?

quanchi112
Dc is pure trash.

Estacado
Originally posted by steverules_2
What the phuck is this? Steam punk bane? Were they hit with budget cuts?
It is Bane fused with an old school coffee machine...

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/43/768x1024/gallery-1540205415-gotham.jpg

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Estacado
It is Bane fused with an old school coffee machine...

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/43/768x1024/gallery-1540205415-gotham.jpg

Dc is pure trash.

...For once I find myself AGREEING with Qunchilingo!

So is this supposed to mean that the TV Show is supposed to tie into the Nolan Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.