If I was to make a vs. series video on YouTube

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zentrex
The format GreyJedi91 started back in 2010 is used by every vs series youtuber, with the only Antoine Bandele (as far as I know) making minor changes. But the format has its flaws. Though it may be a concise way to present the information, it really doesn't lead to good analysis. So here's my idea of a better system.

Let's just use Anakin and Dooku from Revenge of the Sith as an example, since the fight is one sided, and we all know the verdict. Also, it's just an example, so the reasons and statistics I use are made up, not actual calculations.

Anakin

-Offense
--strenghts: (strenth, reach, physiology, height, force attacks, lightsaber style, etc.) so in case of anakin, 6'2" strong human, uses djem so, and powerful with the force
--weaknesses: (same as above) reckless, I guess
-Defense
--strengths: (lightsaber form, mastery, force barriers, anything which helps defense)
--weaknesses: (You get the idea)

-Miscellanious (This is where the spice of the battle comes into play. What makes this fight different than any other? Anything can be mentioned here, Zayne Kerrick's strange force ability, Bane's orbalisk armor, Nihilus being a force wound, anything.) In this case, I guess it's Anakin's tendencies. (Now don't get me wrong, I won't overuse the "tendencies" of force users like Jensaarai1, It's just that Anakin has repeatedly been mentioned to not make full use of his abilities. Sidious would have things like "using unconventional attacks/baiting the enemy" in this section as tendencies because he's been canonically said to do that.)

Dooku

-Offense
--strenghts: force user, makashi leveraging strength, lots of force abilities
--weaknesses: low stamina, old
-Defense
--strenghts: redirecting attacks, makashi, dun moch
--weaknesses: low stamina, old

-Miscellanious
You get the picture

Advantages
(So, here, we take all of the things we talked about in offense and defense and see who can defend against what offense, and also how the miscellanious factors effect the fight)
Offense: Anakin by 70% (cause dooku can defend against 30% of attacks)
Defense: Anakin by 70% (cause he can defend against 70% of attacks)
Miscellanious: Anakin can trick Dooku into thinking he's using a different form, and then switch to djem so and cut his hands off.

(I just really like Antoine Bandele's idea of describing the fight, so here's just me copying it)
Early Fight: Anakin and Obi-wan get owned
Mid Fight: Anakin turns into Zonakin
Late Fight: Anakin defeats Dooku

Verdict: Anakin by (Let's just say) 80%

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Zentrex

(I just really like Antoine Bandele's idea of describing the fight, so here's just me copying it)
Early Fight: Anakin and Obi-wan get owned
Mid Fight: Anakin turns into Zonakin
Late Fight: Anakin defeats Dooku

Verdict: Anakin by (Let's just say) 80%

In the early fight they lured Dooku into a false sense of security and from what I remember of the ROTS novel, it was the mid to late fight where Dooku TK'd Kenobi. The late fight was where Anakin finally hammered down on him.

One could argue in some cases Kenobi and Skywalker dominate the early fight if they chose to go all out from the start or when they did eventually let the gauge open, pour on the acceleration and overwhelm Dooku before he had a chance to figure out what the hell was going on.

Kurk
What the hell are you asking again?

Zentrex
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
In the early fight they lured Dooku into a false sense of security and from what I remember of the ROTS novel, it was the mid to late fight where Dooku TK'd Kenobi. The late fight was where Anakin finally hammered down on him.

One could argue in some cases Kenobi and Skywalker dominate the early fight if they chose to go all out from the start or when they did eventually let the gauge open, pour on the acceleration and overwhelm Dooku before he had a chance to figure out what the hell was going on.
I didn't put any thought into those summaries, but yeah, if they were to be filled, then yes, that's exactly what should go in them.

Originally posted by Kurk
What the hell are you asking again?
Whaddya think of my system? Would you change anything? Do you think it's better or worse?

CuckedCurry

Zentrex
I wasn't actually going to do anything with it, but I thought I could browse through the vs forum, see what interests me and try and put the contestants through this to see if the results surprise me. I thought Darth Vader vs Wyrlock III could be interesting.

Vader won, because he could defend against more of Wyrlock's attacks than Wyrlock could against Vader's.

Freedon Nadd
Don't.

Zentrex
Wow...

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Zentrex
Wow...

I didn't mean it as an offensive move. It's really not worth it.

When you make YouTube versuses, you have to be on the 'officialness' side of the lore. You are not allowed to make any interpretation of said-so stories, handbooks, sources etc. And you are not allowed to select stuff from the lore if contradictions arise. YouTube is a nasty job.
Just stay away from it.
Better do some walkthrough or playthrough of video-games you love.

Zentrex
oh. Well, thanks, in that case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.