Gauntlet: Slayer Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I used Slayer Edition due to it being the only obtainable steam version.

If someone else has made this thread, please tell me, as I searched for it and could not find it.

I absolutely love Gauntlet II but haven't had the chance to try the original, someone tell me if it's any good?

Gauntlet is a top-down hack and slash dungeon crawl video game, developed by Arrowhead Game Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Part of the Gauntlet series, it was released on 23 September 2014. The game was to be released for the SteamOS Linux operating system later in the year. Gauntlet was released for the PlayStation 4 as Gauntlet: Slayer Edition in August 2015.

The player takes the role of one of four heroes, Thor the Warrior, Thyra the Valkyrie, Questor the Elf, or Merlin the Wizard, (one player per race) allowing up to four-player multiplayer co-op gameplay. The dungeons to be explored are part defined maps and part procedurally generated.

mBkBn8LzdfU

w7DlEhZP2Bw

0ryCqujKGwc

cdtm
Played the original on Midway Arcade Treasures. It's fun.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Played the original on Midway Arcade Treasures. It's fun. I was playing on an emulator earlier and mother of god it's such a fun game, never-ending as well.

cdtm
Gauntlet was the granddaddy of Diablo clones, after all.

Well, it and Hack.

Slayer could have a hard time of it, in this oversaturated market. Games like Van Helsing, Dungeon Siege, and god knows how many others out there, not to mention comparisons to classics Torchlight and Diablo..

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Gauntlet was the granddaddy of Diablo clones, after all.

Well, it and Hack.

Slayer could have a hard time of it, in this oversaturated market. Games like Van Helsing, Dungeon Siege, and god knows how many others out there, not to mention comparisons to classics Torchlight and Diablo.. People who are true Gauntlet fans will like it, I'm sure.

But yeah there are better options.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.