Devil May Cry 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
EmLTWYxEI_o

Before anyone jumps in labeling it as Devil May Lie 5, this is NOT the reboot! Nero just happens to kinda sorta look like the other Dante.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
EmLTWYxEI_o

Before anyone jumps in labeling it as Devil May Lie 5, this is NOT the reboot! Nero just happens to kinda sorta look like the other Dante. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jmanghan
Long as Ninja Theory isn't developing it, I'm cool.

NewGuy01
Toldja

NewGuy01
EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like someone steals his devil arm from him in the trailer.

Estacado
I kinda like it but wtf does Dante like a hobo?

Jmanghan
I really really hate the Modern Setting in Devil May Cry, its cool for it to be modern, but modern like THIS? Nah...

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Estacado
I kinda like it but wtf does Dante like a hobo? That's Nero's partner Nico.

Nemesis X
I'm getting some serious inFamous 2 vibes from DMC5. The setting, Nero shooting electricity and having a friend who like Zeke is a skilled mechanic helping him after he got nerfed during the first encounter with the game's (possible) antagonist who stole the powers obtained from the previous game? If that's where Capcom got the inspiration, that's awesome.

Estacado
Originally posted by Jmanghan
That's Nero's partner Nico.
Really?

Wtf is Dante then?

I thought he was the one at the end of the video...the coat, the gloves, the hair style that is gotta be him...

NewGuy01
It is.

Jmanghan
Dante with a beard = Nah.

Also Nero just came off as some brat with a chip on his shoulder, he wasn't Donte, but he certainly wasn't Dante.

I'm disliking this setting quite a bit, I miss the Castlevania feel, huge towers where you need to conquer demons and bosses.

Estacado
Looks creepy...

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/dante-devil-may-cry-5-93.5.jpg

Khazra Reborn
Phuck Nero, I want to play as Dante. That was the worst part of DMC 4.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Estacado
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/dante-devil-may-cry-5-93.5.jpg

Huh. Never realized Dante with facial hair could look like Clancy Brown.

Adam Grimes
Dante looking like he's getting late to shoot up a school.

This art style is growing on me though.

Nemesis X
wpg1GH5TDtI

Estacado
Virgil confirmed?

https://assets.vg247.com/current//2018/06/devil_may_cry_5_e3_2018-2.jpg

NewGuy01
Yeah, it's him. You can tell from his sleeves in the trailer.

Jmanghan
Except Vergil is... erm... dead?...

Estacado
Im sure they can come up with a plot to bring him back also Devil Bringer had Yamato inside it so maybe thats why he stole it?

Charlotte DeBel
10 days before second trailer release...
Not that I pleased by hobo Dante, but the designers say the look is for the reasons, and that this is "end of his family saga", so I think they FINALLY move storyline past DMC2/retcon DMC2 outright "shit happened, Dante had to spend several years in place called Hell and without access to basic hygiene - shaving with Rebellion and without mirror is quite a task even at his level of agility".

Adam Grimes
Hobo Dante hypes me as phuck, Ms.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Hobo Dante hypes me as phuck, Ms.
Waiting for August 21 trailer, huh?

Adam Grimes
Yah, and crossing my fingers for a public demo but that's just wishful thinking lol. Do you like what we know about the game so far?

Charlotte DeBel
Got a truly weird pet theory about the new "Stronger than Mundus" big bad and the whole "End of Sons of Sparda storyline".
Fact 1 - Dante & Vergil do not know what exactly happened to their dad. Who was one of those definitely higher than Mundus in food chain.
Fact 2 - Sparda was clearly crazy from the demonic society PoV. Even the non-canon Easter egg from Bayonetta confirms this - what sane demon creates MARRIAGE contract with his witch?

So... what if psychiatry in Hell progressed in the last 50 (or so) years to the point that they can "treat and rehabilitate" even the weirdest cases, so we're gonna get not one but TWO "No, I am your father" moments?! Though in retrospect brainwashed Sparda as top boss would be...weird, it has the right to be a theory.

Charlotte DeBel
It also makes sense in retrospect, given that final/pre-final bosses of both DMC3 and 4 were wannabe users of Sparda powers. Bringing the real deal or sort of for the grand final is...fun.

Charlotte DeBel
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/102772/t2296749-sparda/
My favorite pet theory as of now. Won't be betting my apartment on this, but still...

Khazra Reborn
Does this game take place after DMC 2? I only ask because of Dante on the motorcycle.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Got a truly weird pet theory about the new "Stronger than Mundus" big bad and the whole "End of Sons of Sparda storyline".
Fact 1 - Dante & Vergil do not know what exactly happened to their dad. Who was one of those definitely higher than Mundus in food chain.
Fact 2 - Sparda was clearly crazy from the demonic society PoV. Even the non-canon Easter egg from Bayonetta confirms this - what sane demon creates MARRIAGE contract with his witch?

So... what if psychiatry in Hell progressed in the last 50 (or so) years to the point that they can "treat and rehabilitate" even the weirdest cases, so we're gonna get not one but TWO "No, I am your father" moments?! Though in retrospect brainwashed Sparda as top boss would be...weird, it has the right to be a theory. I would almost like that tbh. And that guy's theory at neoseeker is interesting as well.

On the other hand, I'd like Sparda to be a good guy that gave up everything for the world he came to love. 🤔

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Does this game take place after DMC 2? I only ask because of Dante on the motorcycle. Imo that's what they're implying with the bike and the hobo look

Charlotte DeBel
I would almost like that tbh. And that guy's theory at neoseeker is interesting as well.

On the other hand, I'd like Sparda to be a good guy that gave up everything for the world he came to love. 🤔

Imo that's what they're implying with the bike and the hobo look
Or immediately pre DMC2, if there is indeed some dramatic reveal regarding family matters.

Charlotte DeBel
Let's see. A murder of some random demon lord nobody has ever heard before is "business as usual", no family drama.
Vergil SOMEHOW managing to become the Supreme Demon Emperor and head of invasion sounds like stupid dumb fanwank and ruins all rails of logic.

That leaves us with ONE, exactly ONE thing that fits all relations. Or two variants of this "Sparda was NOT the Big Good all along, instead playing the long game as befits the best strategist of Demon World" and "Hell psychiatry has evolved a lot
" - both enough to leave Dante emotionally ruined should he survive the ordeal... and fitting "sons of Sparda saga closure".

Adam Grimes
I get what you're saying, but part of Sparda's charm is the fact that we've never even actually seen him.

Also, him being just a baddie in disguise would go against the general moralizing message of DMC as a whole. I personally wouldn't like that lol.

Nemesis X
March 8th everyone!

frB6juW6wa4

Charlotte DeBel
I get what you're saying, but part of Sparda's charm is the fact that we've never even actually seen him.

Also, him being just a baddie in disguise would go against the general moralizing message of DMC as a whole. I personally wouldn't like that lol.

With new brand of spoilers the theory may not be proven true, so the message will stay.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/heads-up-major-spoilers-for-devil-may-cry-5-inbound.63489/page-4
A spoiler discussion thread for those interested.

Charlotte DeBel
Long story short, if the script leak above is true, then Dante is the new Friday beer-drinking pal of this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Daimon_Hellstrom_(Earth-616)

Estacado
Now this shot is much better, makes me forget about that bad frontal....

https://preview.ibb.co/c9tA3K/WCCFdevilmaycry52_740x429.jpg

Charlotte DeBel
https://www.resetera.com/threads/devil-may-cry-5-interview-with-gamez-de-dmcs-canon-status-the-dmc2-connection-dlc-and-oni-x-dmc.64837/

Estacado
Huge spoilers!!!!

eT7BTP7hGT4

Adam Grimes
https://youtu.be/kPwuDc0q3cw

HYPE.

Estacado
The chainsaw motorcycle is the most badass weapon in DMC history period.

vRxMX4rmGdo

Nemesis X
KgDRvK0DT3U

Estacado
Damn V's move look bad ass!!!

OpHFYkpLfGw

Estacado
It also seeming we will have Coop this time.

Eon Blue

Arachnid1
Agreed, but IDK if I'll be picking it up. The formula seems a bit outdated these days.

That said, seeing Vergil at the end of the last trailer nearly made me go out a preorder alone lol. I'll wait for reviews, but I am rooting for this to do well.

Quincy
I'm really excited to play this. Looks metal as hell.

On the subject of the previous game however - I really enjoyed the prequel/reboot thing. It was a fun time.

Estacado
Reviews are excellent.

I watched some videos, damn this game is phuckin awesome!!

Huge spoiler..

V and Urizen are actually Vergil. He usee Yamato to separate his evil and good side so he could become more powerful. When the 2 merge they become Vergil again. Also Nero gets a really cool devil form.

Arachnid1
Really glad to hear this is doing well. I'll have to pick it up soon after I finish the two games I working on rn

Eon Blue

Estacado
Pretty much everyone is praising the game because of how good the fighting mechanics are...

Estacado

Estacado
Good luck going plantinum with this.

Getting S rank on all difficulties will be damn near impossible unless you are a pro...

Trocity
Not too far in yet, but it's alright from what I've played. It feels like this series has gone the way of Smash Bros, though. The combat in Melee was so fast paced, they slowed it down in the later games. Same with this. The combat from DMC3 felt so much faster paced than this game's does.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Trocity
Not too far in yet, but it's alright from what I've played. It feels like this series has gone the way of Smash Bros, though. The combat in Melee was so fast paced, they slowed it down in the later games. Same with this. The combat from DMC3 felt so much faster paced than this game's does.

I feel like the slightly cut the speed of the game for a slight boost in realism. When I say slight, I mean that in every sense of the word.

Estacado
Faust hat is OP it can one shot some if the bosses with meteor summon.....haermm

Eon Blue

Estacado
Have to charge it to max though it takes about 10 seconds and costs 135000 orbs..

Estacado
Faust is just nuts....

Even the normal blast vaporize any boss on any difficulty under 15 seconds.

Eon Blue
^ fully leveled up the Faust hat and holymoley! This thing is insane.

Nemesis X
Hey you sorry sacs, were you hoping to play Vergil? What's that? You were? And you were also hoping were he DLC at least you'd buy him? Too bad! Unless you buy the rerelease enhanced special edition exclusive for next gen systems, no! No Vergil for you!

hIkLSRPxZKw

Nemesis X
Vergil will be DLC for current gen DMC5 after all. Nevermind o-o

https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1306337545949646848

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.