Dream Girl vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Was sure this was done already, but I can't find it in the archives.

Amalgamation Dream Girl. N52 MN.

Who wins?

DarkSaint85
MN was messed up from Dick Grayson and his Hypnos implants...Dream Girl wins.!

riv6672
Oh yeah, Midnighter gets dream woven for sure.

cdtm
*Bump*

To prove she can use her powers in combat:

In one of the LOSH's (I think Threeboot), these two psychic warriors who can predict 5 seconds into the future were ruining Val Armorr's day. Who, as everyone knows can keep ahead of Ultra Boy in speed mode.

Dream Girl beat them by virtue of seeing something like 13 seconds ahead.

Midnighters power takes data to calculate outcomea, and acts "like" precog. Dream Girls actually IS precog, and needs no input at all. Nothing to analyze, she'll map out your day with her "magic".

riv6672

MrMind
dunno about new52 midnighter

wildstorm midnighter was capable of fighting herald level character himself, ridiculous feats like drop kick a tank shell back at the tank after it was fired, if he is allowed to use the door I'm def goin with him

cdtm
That's my point, Riv. Mids fake prediction gets trumped by "real" prediction. smile

If computer brain works like this: "If I do this, this, or this, he does that, that, or that. I win."

A real precog would trip that up, because they won't do any of those things.

Basically, if Mids is Gary Kasparov, then Dream Girl is Captain Kirk after he reprogrammed the unbeatable test. I'm not saying she can't lose, but computer brain vs future prediction, my vote is the one that KNOWS what happens, vs the one that PREDICTS based on DATA.

beatboks
DG was trained by Karate Kid. Of the legionares she is secomd in H2H skill only to Val with Jecky and maybe Brin close behind. Sje jas had good combat showings vs the likes of pursuader. Now while Doors could benefit Mids since she is the only Legionare to use a flight ring to several times simulate TK in battle that should counter.

Mids best chance is to drag the battle out until there are too manu possible futures for her to see narrow down the exact one (ironically that woulf be when battle computer gets more accurate with more input)

DarkSaint85
It's not always written like that, just to point out.

Here, another explanation is that he works backwards from a desired result:

http://i.imgur.com/DsqL5PT.jpg

So it's not so much prediction based on data, more like him forcing an outcome that he wants (i.e. his victory).

Which is a subtle difference. He's basically given himself plot writing powers. 'I want cdtm to say the words Iron Fist, so I will ask him what Danny Rand's super hero name is.'. This is different from 'I know, out of all the hundreds and thousands of superheroes out there, which one cdtm will name based on his posting history and historical likes/dislikes'.

riv6672
Again, he can -try- that, sure.

DarkSaint85
thumb up am just clearing up some potential misconceptions.

riv6672
heh, jfwy, man! wink

Delta1938
What has she actually accomplished in regards to non precog based feats? I see that she's trained by Karate Kid, but unless she can do superhuman stuff despite not being superhuman like KK does, I would think she'd have a hard time hurting Midnighter and he could just wear her down outlasting her. But that's assuming she can't really hurt him(I really wouldn't know as when I have seen her in any version she wasn't fighting).

cdtm
Originally posted by Delta1938
What has she actually accomplished in regards to non precog based feats? I see that she's trained by Karate Kid, but unless she can do superhuman stuff despite not being superhuman like KK does, I would think she'd have a hard time hurting Midnighter and he could just wear her down outlasting her. But that's assuming she can't really hurt him(I really wouldn't know as when I have seen her in any version she wasn't fighting).

She beat guys Val Armorr could not.

And remember, Val is "a ringer". His skills are all about "anti-herald level" abilities. Being trained by him makes you super human in all but name, if you're a good student.

Zack M
Midnighter wins. I can't recall DG beating anyone on his level.

cdtm
Do you consider Val Armorr "on his level"?

Zack M
She never beat Val

cdtm
Not what I asked.

Zack M
Current Val isn't on Mid's level.

beatboks
Originally posted by Zack M
Midnighter wins. I can't recall DG beating anyone on his level. persuader ????

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
persuader ????

My computer brain predicts:

Persuader isn't on Midnighters level.

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
My computer brain predicts:

Persuader isn't on Midnighters level.
HA!!! eek!

I honestly cant see Mids beating very many, if any, Legionaire, unless the fight is completely stacked in his favor via stips out the ass.
They have very esoteric powers, great training, flight rings that provide force fields as standard gear.

Maybe Arm Fall off Boy.

Zack M
Originally posted by beatboks
persuader ????

I doubt Persuader would beat Midnighter. Midnighter has some stacked feats.

panthergod
Persuader merks Mids.

Zack M
Persuader is too slow.

riv6672

Delta1938
She beat guys Val Armorr could not.

And remember, Val is "a ringer". His skills are all about "anti-herald level" abilities. Being trained by him makes you super human in all but name, if you're a good student.

Well based on the your description--

*Bump*

To prove she can use her powers in combat:

In one of the LOSH's (I think Threeboot), these two psychic warriors who can predict 5 seconds into the future were ruining Val Armorr's day. Who, as everyone knows can keep ahead of Ultra Boy in speed mode.

Dream Girl beat them by virtue of seeing something like 13 seconds ahead.

The argument is because she beat two warriors KK couldn't, but he couldn't because they could predict his moves, and she beat them because she could out predict them. That, going by what you said, doesn't really tell about the damage she can do. If she still hits like a normal human, I don't see her doing much if any damage even if her precog ****s with Midnighter's battle computer (which I'm sure it would). Her gear could drag it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just out lasted her until she couldn't fight back.

Now someone mentioned her fighting and doing well against (or was it beating?) Persuader. I'd need to see it, but THAT is something that can convince me she'd do the damage to hurt him.

Zack M
Mids doesn't always need his computer to be good. Prometheus found that out the hard way. Midnighter is still one of the best fighters on earth without it.

Zack M
Originally posted by Delta1938
Well based on the your description--

The argument is because she beat two warriors KK couldn't, but he couldn't because they could predict his moves, and she beat them because she could out predict them. That, going by what you said, doesn't really tell about the damage she can do. If she still hits like a normal human, I don't see her doing much if any damage even if her precog ****s with Midnighter's battle computer (which I'm sure it would). Her gear could drag it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just out lasted her until she couldn't fight back.

Now someone mentioned her fighting and doing well against (or was it beating?) Persuader. I'd need to see it, but THAT is something that can convince me she'd do the damage to hurt him.

Yup yup. And we know what type of damage Midnighter can do. He's drawn blood against Etrigan, Apollo, almost killed Martian Manhunter, etc... not to mention he's a lot faster than Dream Girl (he did tag a speedster who is almost as fast as the Flash). Midnighter has the superior physical stats and battle feats.

riv6672
Mids doesn't always need his computer to be good. Prometheus found that out the hard way. Midnighter is still one of the best fighters on earth without it.
Prometheus.
The guy who got beat by a whip to the balls from Catwoman.

https://www.cbr.com/wp-content/uploads/goodcomics/2015/06/catdisplay.jpg

One would -hope- Midnighter beat him easily.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Prometheus.

Not in continuity. Different Prometheus. Rebirth Prometheus took it to the Justice League not too long ago.

riv6672
-whip crack-

Zack M
Not gonna work.

riv6672
-whip crack-

Zack M
Not gonna work.

Delta1938
Prometheus.

-whip crack-

Troll posts are troll posts.

riv6672

Delta1938

Zack M
The Prometheus Midnighter fought couldn't feel pain, unlike the counterpart Riv is talking about. He also had all the top fighters on earth downloaded in his brain (Which included Karate Kid's father or something). Prometheus was pretty tough and was eventually killed by Midnighter (Only to be brought back to life).

riv6672
That cat felt some pain though, guaranteed.

Zack M
Not enough for Midnighter to put him down. Mids had to snap his neck to win or something. Prometheus has been a beast lately.

riv6672
Rowr!

Zack M
Exactly. thumb up

riv6672

Zack M
Ok.

riv6672
Exactly. thumb up

Zack M
thumb up

riv6672
This is the best of Bumps.

I wonder how long i can keep making you respond? Just how immature -are- you? smile

Zack M
Keep on responding .

riv6672

Zack M
Good one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.