flash (wally) v aquarian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
prolly been done, but couldn't recall. pre rebirth, when wally was in full command of his speed force powers. (not sure if all that control has carried over completely) anyway, seems an interesting scenario. even if flash has his momentum stolen inside aquarian's field, he should still be able to control aquarian's kinetic energy even while he's in the field. could he steal the stealer of kinetic energy's kinetic energy...? confused

DarkSaint85
Wally punches him out thumb up

One Big Mob
Originally posted by leonidas
prolly been done, but couldn't recall. pre rebirth, when wally was in full command of his speed force powers. (not sure if all that control has carried over completely) anyway, seems an interesting scenario. even if flash has his momentum stolen inside aquarian's field, he should still be able to control aquarian's kinetic energy even while he's in the field. could he steal the stealer of kinetic energy's kinetic energy...? confused Wouldn't that work though in the same regards to draining him of say life energy though? I think the null field would stop any of that.

It'd just be a fisticuff matchup. Aquarian should really carry a weapon around with his glass jaw though, or wear a helmet.

DarkSaint85
I don't think he can drain the entire Speed Force...or at least, it would take him time to do so (it was meant to be infinite).

Savitar was unable to cut his connection off, and Aquarian doesn't work like that anyway - he just drains.

And it's a pretty big swamp to drain.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I don't think he can drain the entire Speed Force...or at least, it would take him time to do so (it was meant to be infinite).

Savitar was unable to cut his connection off, and Aquarian doesn't work like that anyway - he just drains.

And it's a pretty big swamp to drain. I mean draining Aquarian of kinetic energy. If that would work, then there's no reason draining him in any other aspect wouldn't work.
Hence why I think it shouldn't, but who knows?

celeyhyga17
prolly been done, but couldn't recall. pre rebirth, when wally was in full command of his speed force powers. (not sure if all that control has carried over completely) anyway, seems an interesting scenario. even if flash has his momentum stolen inside aquarian's field, he should still be able to control aquarian's kinetic energy even while he's in the field. could he steal the stealer of kinetic energy's kinetic energy...? confused
Flash and Aquarian?

Darktaint can now wack off to his heart's content.

DarkSaint85
Best thing is, I can speed up... Then slow down, mimicking the bee and flow of this battle!

leonidas
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Wouldn't that work though in the same regards to draining him of say life energy though? I think the null field would stop any of that.

It'd just be a fisticuff matchup. Aquarian should really carry a weapon around with his glass jaw though, or wear a helmet.

hmm, i don't know. if the field could cut him off from accessing the sf, then yeah, you'd be right for sure. but the sf is (believed to be) the source of kinetic motion. if that is true, then you'd think wally might be able to affect aquarian even inside the field. if the field stopped all wally's motion i could see it, but since he could still move, albeit slower, within the field, wouldn't that mean wally is still connected to the sf? and if he's connected, he should be able to exert control over it, no?

more of a thought experiment than anything, but it seems a curious scenario.

do you think the null field would save aquarian from say, omega red's death spores? i'm not sure about that, and couldn't even give a reason why it would since air still exists inside the field....

also, i thought aquarian had super strength? why is the dude such a pu$$y in h2h??

StiltmanFTW

And it's a pretty big swamp to drain.

What about lesser Flashes?

riv6672

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What about lesser Flashes?

They can be cut off.

Like Max Mercury, for example:

https://s5.postimg.cc/sk1l8xg0n/spedclosete.jpg

Not Wally, though.

So we're left with his ties to the Speed Force, which is 'infinite':
https://s5.postimg.cc/hwylc0t3r/image.jpg

Could Aquarian nullify infinite energy? I say no, and even IF he could, it would take time.

By which time, he'd be KO'd.

darthgoober
hmm, i don't know. if the field could cut him off from accessing the sf, then yeah, you'd be right for sure. but the sf is (believed to be) the source of kinetic motion. if that is true, then you'd think wally might be able to affect aquarian even inside the field. if the field stopped all wally's motion i could see it, but since he could still move, albeit slower, within the field, wouldn't that mean wally is still connected to the sf? and if he's connected, he should be able to exert control over it, no?

more of a thought experiment than anything, but it seems a curious scenario.

do you think the null field would save aquarian from say, omega red's death spores? i'm not sure about that, and couldn't even give a reason why it would since air still exists inside the field....

also, i thought aquarian had super strength? why is the dude such a pu$$y in h2h??
From what I've heard, his super strength has been bypassed by his null field. It stops energy over a certain threshold so he can't generate more than that via super strength. Basically, he's now as strong as his null field allows anyone to be who's within it. That's why Cap was still able to get the upper hand against him, he was using skill/leverage rather than actually overpowering him.

Something like ORs death spores should still work because they're not backed by a lot of energy. Are you familiar with the story Dune? It's a lot like "the slow blade penetrates the shield" concept.

They can be cut off.

Not Wally, though.

Could Aquarian nullify infinite energy? I say no, and even IF he could, it would take time.

Hasn't his field worked against a cosmic cube? That's pretty much nullifying infinite energy.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober
From what I've heard, his super strength has been bypassed by his null field. It stops energy over a certain threshold so he can't generate more than that via super strength. Basically, he's now as strong as his null field allows anyone to be who's within it. That's why Cap was still able to get the upper hand against him, he was using skill/leverage rather than actually overpowering him.

Hasn't his field worked against a cosmic cube? That's pretty much nullifying infinite energy.

The cosmic cube was only partial iirc.

And he does still have super strength.

darthgoober
The cosmic cube was only partial iirc.

And he does still have super strength.
Ah, I'm not familiar with the actual story so I have no idea how applicable the comparison is, I was just throwing it out there cause I heard something about him and a cosmic cube... though the devil's advocate in me is tempted to bring up the often cited "what's a fraction of infinity" line of logic lol.

What kind of strength does he still posses? I think I remember longpig mentioning him being something like a 1 tonner now, but I know he can't do super jumps like the Hulk anymore.

riv6672
They can be cut off.

Not Wally, though.

I believe he could, but yeah, Flash would end it before being completely depowered.
Not because the depowering would be especially slow, but because Flash is just that fast.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober
Ah, I'm not familiar with the actual story so I have no idea how applicable the comparison is, I was just throwing it out there cause I heard something about him and a cosmic cube... though the devil's advocate in me is tempted to bring up the often cited "what's a fraction of infinity" line of logic lol.

What kind of strength does he still posses? I think I remember longpig mentioning him being something like a 1 tonner now, but I know he can't do super jumps like the Hulk anymore.

No idea - last I saw, he was fighting pretty evenly with Zombiepool. As in, he wasn't using 1 ton level strength, just seemed to be in the same class as ZP.

Also, this was when Cap fought him:

https://s5.postimg.cc/6xrc3dt07/CAANN07_07b2.jpg

As for the deathspores, Wundarr managed to purge the zombie virus from his system. Which presumably is extremely low energy...

https://i.imgur.com/1TP00ds.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.