the analogy thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
pretty easy. you'll catch on.

batmobile:batman::_____________:silver surfer

an obvious analogy just so's you get how to play. there is like....an infinite amount of material to draw analogies from. if you answer the question, you post the next analogy.

pr and bada, i know this is not the forum, but thought i'd post it here to start, see if it catches on. if it does, feel free to move when you think appropriate. if it doesn't it will just die on the vine anyway. lol

a slightly more challenging one:

power cosmic:galactus::________________:elders of the universe

solve and post! smile

riv6672
power cosmic:galactus::Power Primordial: elders of the universe

riv6672
Am i supposed to leave one, or are you challenging everyone?

leonidas
nice. you solve, you make. thumb up

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Captain America-Shield, Wonder Woman-Bracelets.

Great idea, leo. My turn.

Wolverine - healing factor, Captain America __________

Enzeru
^ I assume what superpower they're most known for? Wolverine = healing factor ... Captain America = peak humanity.

And yeah, this should be too easy in general, unless we deliberately try to spice things up.

Sentry = schizophrenia ... Batman = ???

StiltmanFTW
Abandoned child syndrome?

Enzeru
I said Batman, not RealityWarper.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Enzeru
^ I assume what superpower they're most known for? Wolverine = healing factor ... Captain America = peak humanity.

Yup thumb up

Super Soldier Serum was what I had in mind, but your answer is correct (let's not elaborate, Steve already had a dozen or more threads about his enhanced status or the lack of thereof).

I said Batman, not RealityWarper.

Omg, not this again laughing out loud Please, not here. Entire BZ is filled with your and RW's arguments, let's keep other threads clean.

Anyway, Bruce does fit the description. But if that's not what you wanted... hmmm... obsession then, maybe?

riv6672

leonidas
i'd have thought sss for the cap analogy... anyway, the bats analogy is too broad. he could literally fall into several categories of mental disorder. dissociative identity is a strong candidate, but cluster a personality disorders (even schizo) also fit the...cowl...? not sure which one you're going for but you may need to just tell us that one.

in the meantime...

solar energy absorption:karolina dean::dream energy absorption:___________

leonidas
ironman-thanos/jimmy olsen-action comics?

StiltmanFTW

leonidas
nuh-uh

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
ironman-thanos/jimmy olsen-action comics?

Thanos first appeared in IM book, DS in Jimmy Olsen.

nuh-uh

Damn it.

leonidas
ah. lol read it backwards! nice. thumb up

mine's tough. rarely used. older. dc.

StiltmanFTW
Doctor Destiny then, maybe?

Philosophía
ah. lol read it backwards! nice. thumb up

mine's tough. rarely used. older. dc. The first thing that came to mind is Doctor Destiny.

edit:
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Doctor Destiny then, maybe?

I should have posted when he first brought it up, goddammit.

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

riv6672
}

Darkseid.

Good man! thumb up

leonidas
destiny is a good guess but not it. think lords of order....

Badabing

And yeah, this should be too easy in general, unless we deliberately try to spice things up.

Sentry = schizophrenia ... Batman = ??? Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Abandoned child syndrome? I will skip the ban and go straight to murder if this is some twisted anti-Batman nonsense. sneer

Philosophía
destiny is a good guess but not it. think lords of order.... Gray Man.

I'll think of something and post.

Philosophía
edit. Too far out there, lol.

leonidas
thumb up

Philosophía
Morpheus: Death::Xavier:______

StiltmanFTW

Philosophía
I was actually quite curious.

So Mags suffered from hepatitis and Wally from what? Magneto couldn't use his mutant powers due to hepatitis, which is why they were 'activated' so far off into his adulthood - though he showed some signs even early on, but not actual conscious control.

Wally's answer was supposed to be Barry's death, lol. .

It's why I said it's...out there.

leonidas
xavier:cassandra?

Philosophía
Nope.

leonidas
marko?

Philosophía

leonidas
huh. good one then. will consider. mmm

Philosophía
As a hint: They both did the same thing. lol

leonidas
me am stumped. maybe someone will get it tonight. if not you can post the answer tomorrow sometime. when's the big bz start up??

Philosophía
me am stumped. maybe someone will get it tonight. if not you can post the answer tomorrow sometime. when's the big bz start up?? I'll post it in spoilers, since I'm going to sleep and somebody else might want the next one.

Cyclops. Death killed Morpheus, Cyclops killed Xavier

It's scheduled for Thursday, but we'll probably start tomorrow, depending on when Damborg sends his.

Enzeru
Sorry for the late answer:

Sentry = schizophrenia ... Batman = post traumatic stress disorder

... is what I had in mind for Batman, but a lot of stuff can be named for that lunatic.

riv6672
LOL!!!

leonidas
@phil. nice one... i remembered morpheus killing HIMSELF for some reason.... floor is open to whoever has a good one. thumb up

riv6672

leonidas
shadow-shambala?

riv6672
^^^Yes!

Back to you, i guess thumb up

wuleecat
Plastic man -Offspring, Batman ..........

riv6672
Plastic man -Offspring, Batman -Damian

Green Lantern -Pieface, The Spirit -_______

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.