Who is the most powerful opponent that Fit Buu can beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y96ccyhq

cdtm
Probably #18.

Or Gohan.

Galan007
Goku mentioned that Fit Boo was stronger/faster than before, but I don't think the difference was gargantuan or anything. He should be around Pure Boo level, imo.

After all, Fit Boo is essentially just Fat Boo with a few hours of 'training' with Mr. Satan. /shrug

Inedian
Originally posted by cdtm
Probably #18.

Or Gohan.

Nah, he doesn't stand a chance.

Jmanghan
It's clear Fit Buu is stronger then Super Buu, at LEAST.

The fact that he can even remotely keep up with Base Goku at that point is proof of that.

Galan007
Not necessarily.

Goku's base power was hysterically inconsistent, tbh. In some cases he seemed uber as f*ck; in other cases he didn't seem to be any more powerful than normal. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
I understand he lacks the feats, but with all those power-ups in Super out of f*cking nowhere, with minimal training or some park ranging... why is it so hard to believe that FB surpassed other Buus?

Playmaker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I understand he lacks the feats, but with all those power-ups in Super out of f*cking nowhere, with minimal training or some park ranging... why is it so hard to believe that FB surpassed other Buus?

He does if the plot calls for it.

cdtm
Wonder what the real reason is Toriyama didn't have Buu in the tournament?

It's not like we really needed Tien, or Roshi.

StiltmanFTW

thumb up

Yeah, seemed weird to me too.

Playmaker

I was hoping that Future Trunks would have been in the tournament.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007
Not necessarily.

Goku's base power was hysterically inconsistent, tbh. In some cases he seemed uber as f*ck; in other cases he didn't seem to be any more powerful than normal. /shrug After he unlocked SSJG, he became exponentially more powerful then before in base form. I personally believe Base Goku rn, is much, much powerful then Goku in the Buu Saga in SSJ3.

Galan007
In some cases that does seem to be true. In other cases the power of his 'non-God' forms isn't implied to be significantly increased at all. /shrug

As mentioned, this is a wildly inconsistent plot-point.

Jmanghan
In some cases that does seem to be true. In other cases the power of his 'non-God' forms isn't implied to be significantly increased at all. /shrug

As mentioned, this is a wildly inconsistent plot-point. You realize how powerful Frieza got after training 3 months, whereas Goku had been training over a decade...

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You realize how powerful Frieza got after training 3 months, whereas Goku had been training over a decade...

Yes, but Goku also attained a form GoD's with thousands of years on him couldn't master, and he did it in 20 minutes.

Galan007
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You realize how powerful Frieza got after training 3 months, whereas Goku had been training over a decade... Indeed I do.

However, Boo had literally only trained for a few hours with Mr. Satan by the time he sparred with Goku. Remember, there were only a total of 40 hours between the Zen Exhibition Match and the start of the ToP itself -- and they sparred near the beginning of that timeframe.

That said, even putting Fit Boo on par with Pure Boo(like I did) already constitutes a really large increase in power, relative to the amount of time he was 'training'. Don't see any reason to think he was more powerful than that just because he sparred with base Goku for ~1 minute, though..? I mean, it's not like Goku was even taking the 'fight' seriously... At all. /shrug

Jmanghan
Indeed I do.

However, Boo had literally only trained for a few hours with Mr. Satan by the time he sparred with Goku. Remember, there were only a total of 40 hours between the Zen Exhibition Match and the start of the ToP itself -- and they sparred near the beginning of that timeframe.

That said, even putting Fit Boo on par with Pure Boo(like I did) already constitutes a really large increase in power, relative to the amount of time he was 'training'. Don't see any reason to think he was more powerful than that just because he sparred with base Goku for ~1 minute, though..? I mean, it's not like Goku was even taking the 'fight' seriously... At all. /shrug I'd also like to point out that the power increases are usually taken seriously, whereas, with DB, inconsistencies are ignored.

It doesn't mean they SHOULD be, but I feel like Base Goku increasing is more canon then before.

Also, no reason to assume Goku held back against a fit Majin ****ing Buu, there's no reason for Goku to hold back in Hand-to-Hand combat against him.

Hell there'd be no reason for BEERUS to hold back in pure Hand-to-Hand combat against him.

I'm of the belief that Buu just can't be destroyed like that, you need a blast to do it.

Galan007
Did you actually watch their sparring match in the anime(episode #85 if you're interested)..? It only lasted about 1 minute total, and Goku was very clearly/obviously not giving it his all.

Again, Fit Boo is just Fat Boo after a few hours of training with Mr. Satan. Said training made him stronger, sure, but I just don't see any legitimate reason to believe his power increased by some gargantuan amount. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
I just don't see any legitimate reason to believe his power increased by some gargantuan amount. /shrug

Piccolo and Gohan have had made truly vast progress, even though technically it shouldn't be possible in such short time and with Gohan slacking beforehand...

Galan007
Difference is, we know for a fact that Gohan's powers increased by a very large degree while he was training with Piccolo before the ToP(even though he essentially just reawakened his dormant ki or whatever.)

We cannot say the same thing about Fit Boo, though. All we know is that he was stronger than before -- but how *much* stronger is entirely unknown. That said, I feel like putting him on par with Pure Boo is more than fair, given the relatively large gap that existed between Pure Boo and Fat Boo. /shrug

cdtm
Serious answer:

Gosunkugi Hikaru.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.