Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
This game looks... pretty cool I guess, hyped about the StarFox crossover though.

RCza4n4h4yU

n3ZffcWXx_I

jJvzYfQsMqM

I'm not sure if Fox is going to have a side-story or involves in the main story, or what, idk.

Just seems a bit weird, but meh, maybe it'll work.

Jmanghan
Okay so, this game is ****ing amazing.

It is absolutely everything No Man's Sky should have been, you can explore an entire solar system in real time.

37kdZseNxVk

You DO NOT NEED the toys or mounts to play this game, they're just an option if you WANT them.

Ridley_Prime
The Switch version of the game is on my radar, though waiting awhile before I get due to other games. Has plenty enough Star Fox content to be considered another SF game.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The Switch version of the game is on my radar, though waiting awhile before I get due to other games. Has plenty enough Star Fox content to be considered another SF game. Fox has his own storyline if you choose to play as him.

The game has a lot of depth, though tbh I'd recommend buying it digitally.

cdtm
Floating around at ground level and slowly side strafing seems a little dumb, tbh.
Like they were too lazy to program in getting out of the spacecraft.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Floating around at ground level and slowly side strafing seems a little dumb, tbh.
Like they were too lazy to program in getting out of the spacecraft. I feel like they could have at least made it an OPTION yeah, but who knows, game just got released, we might see it in the future.

Very bummed about no melee combat as well, drill bits, but no drills.

Jmanghan
Leveling up takes awhile, but when you consider that you have a dozen (maybe more) worlds to explore, and don't have many levels, thats a big deal.

Then once you level that specific thing up you finish it, then moves on to the next ship, then the next pilot. Not like there's a shortage of things to do.

It's taken me hours upon hours just to do a bunch of things on one world, but...

I mean, this game isn't $60 material, it's really fun when you get into it, but as of right now it's not $60.

More like $30 or $40, possibly $45, but $60? No, it just doesn't feel like a Triple AAA experience despite having high production values.

It has exploration but the world as a whole, the star system you're a part of, it's nowhere near as large as No Man's Sky, or Elite Dangerous.

I'd compare it to something like a mixture of No Man's Sky and Destiny? Only instead of using stupid BS to level up, you just level up as you would in any other RPG-Shooter.

Ridley_Prime
Just want to say, love how Wolf sounds like Scar from the Lion King here. Just the voice alone.

jw7dkLDeUvM

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just want to say, love how Wolf sounds like Scar from the Lion King here. Just the voice alone.

jw7dkLDeUvM Yeah, I love it.

This game is starting to hook me a bit as I progress a bit more, but I'm becoming kind of a completionist with these games that have a lot to do, so it's a bit overwhelming, if that makes sense.

Glad for my purchase at least.

Jmanghan
Maxed out Fox, need to complete the planets and then I'm going for that boss.

Jmanghan
That final boss surprised the **** out of me, awesome boss fight.

cdtm
And this is only one branch of the game?

Fox is basically extra, with its own bosses and story?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
And this is only one branch of the game?

Fox is basically extra, with its own bosses and story? Fox has a few exclusive missions, he has a story but I wouldn't call it extensive.

Jmanghan
More Fox missions:

nklHH6H4s9w

Starlink races?

Man this game is getting a lot better then I thought, and it was already pretty damn fun. I needed a reason to come to this game as well, and this gives me a perfect reason.

Jmanghan
uhPf8anO-aQ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.