How much did SOLO de-canon the Cartoons?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
That is one of the things that first popped into my mind right after the big Maul Cameo in the movie.

And I wondered. How much did that make the last couple of cgi toons "Not Canon"?
Or have the rabid fans already started to make excuses for this?

ares834
Uhh... There are no issues. Solo is set before Maul dies in Rebels.

Flyattractor
I don't recall seeing Maul set up a Galactic Spanning Crime Cartel after he got chopped in half and went Crazy with Spider Legs on that Junk Planet and then became a wandering hermit on a old sith temple planet.

And what a shitty why to rip off the old EU's Black Sun and Xizor Character for that crappy movie

ares834
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I don't recall seeing Maul set up a Galactic Spanning Crime Cartel after he got chopped in half and went Crazy with Spider Legs on that Junk Planet and then became a wandering hermit on a old sith temple planet.

confused

Then you missed some episodes because that's exactly what happened...

quanchi112

NewGuy01
And what a shitty why to rip off the old EU's Black Sun and Xizor Character for that crappy movie

He took over Black Sun in TCW years ago.

Zentrex
Black Sun still exists in canon and is different from Crimson Dawn. It's owned by maul, not xizor. Crimson Dawn and Dryden Vos was Xizor-ish, but that was only for the film. The future of Crimson Dawn will be a way to further Qi'ra's story. And pretty much the entire underworld is under Maul's control at this point. He owns Crimson Dawn, Black Sun, The Pykes, Mandalore, and Dathomir.

Galan007
Not exactly.

In the Ahsoka novel Maul lost Mandalore to the Empire just as Palpatine commenced Order 66, Dathomir is little more than a burned-out husk that is almost entirely devoid of life(you can thank Palpatine for that as well), and Crimson Dawn was only stated to have a "fragile" alliance with the Pykes by the time Solo takes place.

Crimson Dawn might still be some loose amalgamation of Black Sun, though... But it's still a far cry from what Maul's 'Shadow Collective' was at its peak.

Zentrex
The way they talked about Crimson Dawn originally being a group of outlaws on this one planet and then turning into the organized crime they are during "Solo" made me think they're completely separate from the Black Sun, just that they had some help from Maul.

But yeah, I didn't know Palpatine ruined Maul as bad as he did.

Galan007
Yeah, because Black Sun wasn't mentioned directly, their exact status in that era is up in the air. Given the sheer scale of Crimson Dawn, though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was essentially a rebooted Black Sun, courtesy of Maul. But I digress...

Regardless, Black Sun was directly mentioned in the Aftermath trilogy alongside the galaxy's other noteworthy crime syndicates, so it definitely returns back to normal at some point between Solo and RotJ either way. /shrug

Flyattractor

Beniboybling

And what a shitty why to rip off the old EU's Black Sun and Xizor Character for that crappy movie Originally posted by ares834
confused

Then you missed some episodes because that's exactly what happened... laughing

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Yeah I know. Its Horrible that I didn't INVEST My Time into a sub-par children's cartoon based on subject matter I had almost No Interest in!

I leave that type of thing to Silly Little Fan-atics like Quanchi-chi!!!!!

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Yes. You care for Star Wars until it comes time to bad mouth it to show your Obsessive and Fanatical Marvel Fandom.

Good for you Quanchi-chi!

quanchi112

Flyattractor
There a levels. Family Stuff and Stupid Kid Stuff. Every thing post Org Tril is pretty much Stupid Kid Stuff. Especially the "Cartoons" . But then the new movies are more CGI TOON then Live Action anymore.

StiltmanFTW
So you basically admit you came here just to troll?

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Lucas said that about Phantom Menace ,and that he made that for his grandkids.

And that is why it (used to be) the worst of the Star Wars Movies.

And You have a childlike attitude and obsessive mentality which explains why you make excuses for bad and poorly done material.

laughing

quanchi112

Flyattractor
So funny when you twist reality to fit your weird version of it.

quanchi112

quanchi112
*them hurt

NewGuy01

quanchi112
Fly never grasped this despite claiming to be a fan. Ignorant poser.

Flyattractor

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
Not exactly.

In the Ahsoka novel Maul lost Mandalore to the Empire
He lost it to Ahsoka's rebellion and ran away from what I remember.

Flyattractor
I will admit you have a Child Like Mind. You display it often.

Such Hilartiy when you have your little fandom tantrums.

DarthSkywalker0
@fly https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/george-lucas-strange-magic-interview/amp/

Flyattractor
So He said it in 2015. When he was in full on Confused Granpa Mode. Makes Sense.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
So you only became a Fan of it AFTER it went BAD(er).

Gotchya.

Darth Thor
^ Thats true. He just jumped on board because Disney took over. And now is making an ass out if himself claiming the New Trilogy is the best one.

Zenwolf
Quan, if you're a diehard fan...then I wager you're also getting into the books/comics and games now?

quanchi112

Flyattractor
That is because You are the ONLY ONE that thinks that.

I blame it on you OD'ing on the Shill Pills.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
"don't watch it"

That was the big reason Solo Bombed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.