George Lucas reveals what he would have done with episodes 7 - 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger

DarthAnt66
It's highly unlikely Lucas thought of this idea until after TFA came out, but it's still rather interesting. It might be something like Mortis where the events parallel the saga movies. There's really little chance Lucas would have made more Star Wars movies - that's why he gave it to Disney, after all. He's just now regretting that he didn't make more.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's highly unlikely Lucas thought of this idea until after TFA came out, but it's still rather interesting. It might be something like Mortis where the events parallel the saga movies. There's really little chance Lucas would have made more Star Wars movies - that's why he gave it to Disney, after all. He's just now regretting that he didn't make more.

Well, the original name for Star Wars was "The Journal of the Whills" and Lucas already had the concept of the midi-chlorians penned down in 1977, so I'm going to have to disagree. Call it a hunch.

NewGuy01
The concept of the Whills has been around for a while. I didnt really imagine that there was to be a trilogy about them, though.

DarthSkywalker0
George's ideas for the ST are all over the place.

The Merchant
Sounds amazing.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Azronger
Well, the original name for Star Wars was "The Journal of the Whills" and Lucas already had the concept of the midi-chlorians penned down in 1977, so I'm going to have to disagree. Call it a hunch.
There's nothing to disagree about. I'm aware Lucas had the idea of the Whills and midichlorians since the 70s, but Lucas has already given extensive commentary on his take of the sequel trilogy in the 80s/90s/00s, and it's significantly closer to the Disney sequel trilogy than following mythological figures like the Whills. He may have planned to intertwine some Whill mythology into his old sequel trilogy plans, but there was definitely no plans for something as direct as this.

Darth Thor
I dont think Lucas regrets not making them.

He said it himself in the same interview that people would have hated on his idea just like they hated on midichlorinans in TPM.

As for his ST idea, theres no actual plot given, so its impossible to judge one way or the other.

Galan007
This sounds a bit too Star Trekie for me... Glad it didn't happen, tbh.

Rockydonovang
Wouldbe a cool premise for a stand alone film. But for a trilogy, should have just started with Luke's order. Let's hope johnson cleans up his game for the 4th trilogy. That's the one that might be worth seeing.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Didn't Lucas write story treatments for 7,8 and 9 for Disney to use, but they disregarded them?

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Wouldbe a cool premise for a stand alone film. But for a trilogy, should have just started with Luke's order. Let's hope johnson cleans up his game for the 4th trilogy. That's the one that might be worth seeing.

Yeh TFA ruined that opportunity unfortunately.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
George's ideas for the ST are all over the place. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Didn't Lucas write story treatments for 7,8 and 9 for Disney to use, but they disregarded them? They own Star Wars now. The days of Lucas are gone.

Galan007
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Didn't Lucas write story treatments for 7,8 and 9 for Disney to use, but they disregarded them? When Disney first acquired Star Wars, Kennedy promised that Lucas would still play a big role in the franchise's direction as a key consultant -- a position GL seemed very much on board with at the time.

...But of course that was all bullshit, as Kennedy has seemingly 86'd Lucas from the franchise since.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Actually Disney is the one crying after Solo flopping.

quanchi112

Zentrex

Freedon Nadd
****ing stay away from Star Wars. Man, this guy is a sado-maso. He likes to ruin his own universe and troll the fanbase.

Darth Thor
Oh jeez, theres literally no plot given in his statements.

Hes just throwing out there Force related stuff that the plot would have been based around.

It would be like giving the plot of ANH as: Energy field that makes people wizards.

Freedon Nadd
Stop defending him. We saw what happened with misi-chlorians. His concept sucks. Everything in Star Wars directly directed by him sucks. It's really sad when you are the creator and the co-creators know better their Star Wars stuff.

Darth Thor
Nah Its really sad you come to comment on Star Wars boards just to insult the creator himself.

FYI he directed the Original Star Wars. Not to mention he story boarded the whole OT.

Zentrex
I'm with Thor, George Lucas is great at creating stories. Just not at telling them.

DarthPlaguis12
...idk if this is worse then the current crap

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nah Its really sad you come to comment on Star Wars boards just to insult the creator himself.

FYI he directed the Original Star Wars. Not to mention he story boarded the whole OT.

Yes, I insult him because he is like weather. He cannot keep his own universe consistent when it comes about the lore. Not to mention that Vader and Luke were not related in script, but this guy came and edited that out and wrote them related to each other. And that is just one thing that comes in my mind.
Whatever his "efforts", you cannot change the fact he is like weather. He constantly shifts.
Apparently, you forget that the writers actually fleshed out this universe. He just came with some ideas. That's all. But you act like he wrote every piece of Star Wars material by himself.
Sorry if you got triggered. But that's none of my concern.

quanchi112

Freedon Nadd

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Bye, bye Georgie.

Freedon Nadd
Mickiewise. The Dancing Mouse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.