Addressing Misconceptions #1: Darth Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/addressing-misconceptions-1-darth-nihilus/134237/

Freedon Nadd
Chris Avellone completely contradicts the lore(of what it has been said about Nihilus' hold of the Ravager as sheer will power) If that does not relate to Telekinesis, then I don't know what that is.
His answer: Nihilus constantly powers up the Ravager with the Force. That means his Force strength is continuously used at keeping the Ravager on-line.

However, given the context that Nihilus has consumed more than one world - it is stupid to believe he cannot TK his ghost flagship.
Marr or Jadus, who is below Vitiate in Force strength, managed to do a similar feat with a falling spaceship(albeit smaller than the Ravager)

And we know Vitiate's (stolen) power is beyond his(after eating two planets)
And if we go by those calculations, then Nihilus - who drained more than two planets - he sure as hell has the power to TK his flagship.

As about Avellone's Force drain statement. Again he contradicts himself. In previous source she says that Kreia is knowledgeable on everything about Sith stuff. That means, now, we should take her claim of ancient Sith>Nihilus with a grain of salt.

And if Nihilus' drain is truly blockable, why hasn't Kreia mentioned that in the video-game(KotOR II)?

She never said: I was not prepared when I was struck. There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense.

And if Nihilus' technique was as Chris claimed it to be - then why the Jedi Exile is the only one who can stop Nihilus? During the video-game, Kreia says you are the Death in the Force and you, and only you can stop Darth Nihilus and that technique must die with him.
Sure, you could say because there were almost to none Jedi. Still that doesn't excuse the fact that she implies that only your Wound in the Force status is what allows you to stand a chance against him. That's why he collapses when he drains Meetra, because he feeds on nothing.

Another argument: given that Kreia is accustomed with Nihilus' power because she describes it to you. How could she not know Nihilus' brand ability?
Sion and Nihilus came to overthrow her. And Kreia knew Nihilus would try to use his Force drain powers on her.
This with the whole: "She wasn't ready" is a bunch of pile shit.

Even if we go by the argument that she needs time/be ready for that. This would mean that you have to pull off some intense meditational shit. And in a versus, characters don't get that.

LordOfTheLight
What about the rest of the fleet? Nihilus didn't have a personal connection to them did he?

Trocity
Nihilus sucks, just like I thought.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
What about the rest of the fleet? Nihilus didn't have a personal connection to them did he?

Exactly. Chris just pulled off a George Lucas. That, or perhaps he misunderstood Ant66. I guess Chris wanted to say that Nihilus just TKs the flagship and not TKs it from broken pieces, hence: super telekinesis.

S_W_LeGenD
I do not consider Darth Nihilius's signature Force Drain power as infallible but individuals like Darth Maul and Count Dooku being able to counter it? Come on.

Even Abeloth did not demonstrate formal defenses against Force Drain powers. And Darth Nihilus is much more masterful in their use than lets say Darth Krayt.

Valkorion established numerous safeguards (formal and esoteric) against external threats so his chances are good.

Freedon Nadd
Chris just went through his Lucas period. He now says things contradicted by the lore.

darthbane77
So this is what you used my convo with Avellone for, lol.

Nephthys
Total horseshit, like most anti-Nihilus arguments.

'Avellone says he wasn't holding the ship together, proving that he didn't lift it from Malachor! Nevermind the rest of the fleet, that isn't important. What matters is that those two very different things are totally the same somehow!'

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Nephthys
Total horseshit, like most anti-Nihilus arguments.

'Avellone says he wasn't holding the ship together, proving that he didn't lift it from Malachor! Nevermind the rest of the fleet, that isn't important. What matters is that those two very different things are totally the same somehow!'

Don't worry. I have already debunked Ant's thread(so far)

All the points he presented are really not consistent. Because Chris' statements mean something else entirely.

DarthAnt66
lmao you guys

Freedon Nadd
That's it, Ant.
Nihilus still wins with his Hunger.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud

Freedon Nadd
My reaction was sad, though. I don't know why you are seeking to lowball Nihilus' power and ask the creator 14 years later about the character's power? Of course there are obvious chances he forgot some important aspects of the video-game's lore, because for damn he is not a geek and has no obligation to keep in mind nerd facts. Or he just changed his mind, like Lucas did for many times.

Freedon Nadd
Also, it is entirely possible that other people working with him had other plans in mind with Nihilus regarding his power and feats. You can see he admits that he isn't the only one in charge with this character by saying "Some poetic license was taken with Nihilus".

Heck, for what we know, someone else could have just edited out his ideas about Nihilus and the Ravager. We can notice that by the words he uses: "I mostly wanted"(instead of using "I mostly had in mind/thought"wink, this suggests his ideas didn't make it out in the video-game and were left out. His statements about Nihilus in your respect thread are clearly just his 'intents' and beliefs of the video-game.

DarthAnt66
the emails between Chris and I are from 2014 lol

AncientPower
The irony here is that if you conclude that Nihilus indeed didn't use telekinesis to keep the ship together. Then pretty much the only other conclusion is even more impressive. He literallly wills the ship to stay together. That's the strength of his presence in the Force. It doesn't matter if you plant four proton torpedoes throughout the ship whilst bombarding the vessel with two fleets of ships. He literally just wills the ship to stay together and continue functioning. Regardless of damage or structural integrity.

NewGuy01
I see it more as Nihilus having a sort of force bond with his ship. Like it's part of his body or something, possessed by his spirit.

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Ancient-Aliens.jpg

AncientPower
Whichever way one puts it, Nihilus is directly responsible for his ship remaining intact and viable. Despite hyperspace jumps, the firepower of two fleets and evidently the internal detonations of four proton torpedoes throughout the vessel. That he can do this despite a considerably starved state is also incredible. The means aren't really the point, the end is.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
the emails between Chris and I are from 2014 lol

And you post them now, because?

DarthAnt66
I posted them before lol

Freedon Nadd
Then why did you make a repost instead of necromancy-ing your old thread?

DarthAnt66
because it didnt have analysis rofl

Freedon Nadd
Not much of an analysis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.