Cosmic Boy Vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/66/2d/28/662d2892fa94d0c5e790ff2ed0ee0238--cosmic-boy-the-legion.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://i.imgflip.com/28zlx1.jpg

Zack M
Which Cosmic Boy?

beatboks
Originally posted by Zack M
Which Cosmic Boy?

Why do u have to complicate things? Its not like the different versions are THAT divergent in power.

As to tjread topic, honestly flip a coin. Its impossible to separate them on their high or average showimgs. What with CB pulling astoroids from deep space and all. Mags may have more showings of "intricate" use of his powers but not better. This is more due to CB being only showcased in a large team. His 4 issue mini would show them as equals

Zack M
Originally posted by beatboks
Why do u have to complicate things? Its not like the different versions are THAT divergent in power.

As to tjread topic, honestly flip a coin. Its impossible to separate them on their high or average showimgs. What with CB pulling astoroids from deep space and all. Mags may have more showings of "intricate" use of his powers but not better. This is more due to CB being only showcased in a large team. His 4 issue mini would show them as equals

Do you have any scans of CB?

beatboks
Do you have any scans of CB?

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
no. go use google

Zack M
I don't see anything that would put him on magneto level.

beatboks
I don't see anything that would put him on magneto level.

Then why bother asking which CB since you see him as persona non grada all versions loose?

Zack M
Because they're is a shit ton of CB's. Duh

riv6672

Thanks, beatboks.
I never see these two compared, and got to wondering. Appreciate you saving the thread. thumb up

Sin I AM
Mag...he has greater variety

Zack M
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Pretty much.

riv6672
I always hope for/never get a counterpoint expert on characters like CB, when i put them up against more popular fellas. stick out tongue

I can see you being right though, if only by Mag’s sheer number of apparances/the fact that he’s often fighting multiple opponents/is one of Marvel’s top bad guys etc.

Still, it’d be nice to know for sure/have it corroborated. DC characters, especially Legionnaires, are most often portrayed as ****ing beastly powerful.

Zack M
stick out tongue

riv6672

Zack M
You never answered the question, chum.

riv6672

Zack M
Too bad.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
I always hope for/never get a counterpoint expert on characters like CB, when i put them up against more popular fellas. stick out tongue

I can see you being right though, if only by Mag’s sheer number of apparances/the fact that he’s often fighting multiple opponents/is one of Marvel’s top bad guys etc.

Still, it’d be nice to know for sure/have it corroborated. DC characters, especially Legionnaires, are most often portrayed as ****ing beastly powerful.

What do you want to know? Magneto is simply better. He has more versatility, is less limited to what he can manipulate, has better shields, more experience, ruthless af. He has too many feats to draw on....however

Post Crisis CB > Current Mags

Only because he's currently weaker and has been for awhile. But..

Classic Mags > All versions of CB

spetznaz
What do you want to know? Magneto is simply better. He has more versatility, is less limited to what he can manipulate, has better shields, more experience, ruthless af. He has too many feats to draw on....however

Makes logical sense

riv6672
^^^It does ; silly me hoping for a debate in a debate forum. eek!

Zack M

Yeah, not seeing many CB feats tossed around here. I think he did fairly well against one top tier, which is WW iirc.

LordofBrooklyn

What do you know of Cosmic Boy?

The power of Cosmic Boy's high end feats make him more than a match for Magnus.

riv6672
^^^so, what are those feats, LoB?

Baziemarc123
I like how people are saying cosmic boy and shown ZERO proof as to how he's a "match" for Magneto

Baziemarc123
Anyways Magneto is much much more powerful, and more experienced

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^so, what are those feats, LoB?

Pulling satellites and meteors from space with minimal effort.

Baziemarc123
that's not enough to beat magneto

riv6672

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What do you know of Cosmic Boy?

The power of Cosmic Boy's high end feats make him more than a match for Magnus.

Alot actually. Especially PC LOSH.

Which Magneto can replicate. The same cant be said for CB

MrMind
Anyways Magneto is much much more powerful, and more experienced

It's not like you have read anything with Cosmic Boy in it. So let's not pretend you have any knowledge of this character at all

beatboks
OK For those who NEED CB feats

PC he could Magnetically lift sities and pull cities under enough thrust to fly down

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2626698-holding_up_a_city_.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2626689-033_adventure_comics_306__09_.jpg

He could as mentioned pull asteroids from deep space

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2626703-1319027_cosmic_boy_feat_1_super.png

He could magnetically control paramagnetic things like air (this is where his versatility comes in that as Sin I am and I said he doesn't show as often as Mags. He does however have the ability.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2626700-magnetically_controls_air.jpg

This is further demonstrated post COIE by things like magnetically controlling glass

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6481471-0272+cosmic+boy+%234+-+page+17.jpg

On the sheer power side of things post COIE and the one thing I can think of that shows a power level above mags is the fact that he used his magnetism to break the time barrier with high velocity

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6481469-0271+cosmic+boy+%233+-+page+20.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6481470-0271+cosmic+boy+%233+-+page+21.jpg

Baziemarc123
..none of that shows him to be above Magneto in magnetism

beatboks

I never once said he was. I said they are even and that due to more appearances Mags has shown greater instances of diversity in the use of his power. It's why I said it can't really be called either way.

Magneto has appeared in 4500 issues as a main protagonist.

Cosmic boy in about 1000 as a support character/ team member (of a team with 50+ members). He's only had a single 4 issue mini where he was the sole lead character.

That mini is where the time travel scans came from (issue 3) and the only ones that could be argued to show him with a power potential that might surpass Mags. Given that he was pretty clearly shown to be giving it literally everything to accomplish it's quite clearly his upper edge in power and not something he could do every day.

Baziemarc123
hes not superior period, not even the LOSH would beat Mags. leave your fan fiction to yourself

Sin I AM

He's not trying to show superiority...hes just posting feats to show his ability

Zack M
hes not superior period, not even the LOSH would beat Mags. leave your fan fiction to yourself

Lol. LOSH would decimate magneto and the X-Men.

beatboks

Try opening your mind JUST once and actually understanding what your discussing

I was quite clear in this post that there is no superiority from him or either. The fact is I've stated that the mini in which CB has a feat Mags has never replicated (attaining FTL velocity to break the time barrier) shows them to be equal

hahahahaha

Now your just being delusional.

White/black witch solos (magic around Dr Strange level)
Celeste McCauley Solos (living embodiment of the remaining GL energy
Devlin O'Ryan Solos ( the pwoer to return any force directed at him back )
Earth man solos (power copier)
Element lad solos (transmutation)
Kinetix solos (TK and magic)
Kid Quantum (there have been 2) solos ( one reality warped and bent and froze time, the other just the time control)
Harmonia Li could give him a solo fight ( imortal who controls all the elements)

We haven't even gotten to teh Kryponians and Daxamaits and Ultra boy etc who could give mags a pretty good fight.

Zack M
Black Witch solos, tbh. She messed up an amped Mordru.

Baziemarc123
Try opening your mind JUST once and actually understanding what your discussing

I was quite clear in this post that there is no superiority from him or either. The fact is I've stated that the mini in which CB has a feat Mags has never replicated (attaining FTL velocity to break the time barrier) shows them to be equal

hahahahaha

Now your just being delusional.

White/black witch solos (magic around Dr Strange level)
Celeste McCauley Solos (living embodiment of the remaining GL energy
Devlin O'Ryan Solos ( the pwoer to return any force directed at him back )
Earth man solos (power copier)
Element lad solos (transmutation)
Kinetix solos (TK and magic)
Kid Quantum (there have been 2) solos ( one reality warped and bent and froze time, the other just the time control)
Harmonia Li could give him a solo fight ( imortal who controls all the elements)

We haven't even gotten to teh Kryponians and Daxamaits and Ultra boy etc who could give mags a pretty good fight.

We can BZ this if you want?

Mags vs anybody from the LOSH?

Zack M
You'd lose. Mags would die against Black Witch.

beatboks

No dude you said Mags would beat the entire LOSH so thats what we'll BZ 😘

I'll limit the team to 10 (which would be a very small roster outside the first year of publication) losser leaves kmc for a year

I'll open with Quantum kid freezing mags in time. Element lad altering all ferous metals and Amy paramagnetic element (including the iron in blood) to a non magnetic equivalent while mags is frozen. Blach with casts a spell to cut off all the electromagentic field for light years around. She or element lad or quantum hid make mags helm useless to shield TP and Saturn girl tears his mind apart. THEN the real battle starts

Baziemarc123
well that wouldn't be fair now would it? I'll use Magneto and X-men? or are you scared that's too spite for the LOSH?

Baziemarc123
I can't do year, the longest I can do is a month

abhilegend
Now Magneto can take upon entire LOSH?

facepalm

Zack M
Do a BZ.

Baziemarc123
just saying, a weakened Magneto stopped 2 universes from colliding in time runs out

beatboks
I can't do year, the longest I can do is a month

Comcession accepted. No faith in your statement or ability.

👌

Baziemarc123
that's on you, but I truly would annihilate you if you do the LOSH vs Mags+the X-men.

beatboks
just saying, a weakened Magneto stopped 2 universes from colliding in time runs out

A legion team of not all members beat time trapper who created a pocket universe.

There are several other feats in that same level. So you go bring that feat ro BZ 😁

abhilegend
Also Magneto didn't do any such thing as stopping two universes.

Zack M
White witch stopped Mordru, who absorbed all the magic in the universe.

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by abhilegend
Also Magneto didn't do any such thing as stopping two universes.

Riiight

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111277349/5073117-0398987068-2pbk2.jpg

beatboks
that's on you, but I truly would annihilate you if you do the LOSH vs Mags+the X-men.

Then accept the terms and lets get on with it. I'm not the one backing out because I could only do a month. Ive got the feats of a team that has beaten several skyfather level beings stopped multiversal threats and more vs a feat of 2 universes.

Baziemarc123
Then accept the terms and lets get on with it. I'm not the one backing out because I could only do a month. Ive got the feats of a team that has beaten several skyfather level beings stopped multiversal threats and more vs a feat of 2 universes.

I'll only do so if you limit to a month period

Zack M
Let's get it on!

beatboks
@pr can you take the posts hijacking riv's thread to a new one (if its possible)

Galan007
just saying, a weakened Magneto stopped 2 universes from colliding in time runs out No, he most certainly did not.

He *tried* to stop the earths from colliding, but ultimately failed miserably.

Baziemarc123
also BTW Mags has beaten other EM users, and negated their EM fields before.

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by Galan007
No, he most certainly did not.

It was actually the universes, and Mags was weakened when he did so.

Galan007

Zack M
No, he most certainly did not.

Wow.

Damborgson

Finish your BZ with Leo first erm

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by Damborgson
Finish your BZ with Leo first erm

I didn't forget about that, im not rushing for fodder like him lmao. i'll post when i post

Galan007
It was actually the universes, and Mags was weakened when he did so. Weakened relative to what? Because he had absorbed the powers of Polaris moments prior, which boosted his existing powers tremendously:
https://i.imgur.com/m9VL2Y9.jpg

His amp was even mentioned on the intro page of the issue itself:
https://i.imgur.com/XNjzAFg.jpg

Regardless, you said that he stopped two universes from colliding outright. This is incorrect -- he failed miserably.

Baziemarc123
Weakened relative to what? Because he had absorbed the powers of Polaris moments prior, which boosted his existing powers tremendously:
https://i.imgur.com/m9VL2Y9.jpg

His amp was even mentioned on the intro page of the issue itself:
https://i.imgur.com/XNjzAFg.jpg

Regardless, you said that he stopped two universes from colliding outright. This is incorrect -- he failed miserably.

ah, my mistake. He nearly did so. you know earth in marvel can sometimes be reffered as universes right?

Galan007
He didn't "nearly" stop them, though. He tried, he failed.

End of story.

Baziemarc123
He didn't "nearly" stop them, though. He tried, he failed.

End of story.

he was only able to have his powers restored to near half of their previous levels via an experimental procedure by the Sugar Man's tech. He then amped himself using MGH and by haxing his daughter's (Polaris) powers to amp himself up even further) momentarily HOLDING 2 colliding universes apart. Had he been at full power from the beginning, he would have at least stopped the incursion

Zack M
Where did it say he stopped them?

Baziemarc123
The Earth's were the focal points, but it was still 2 universes colliding.

Zack M
It look like he ultimately failed, though.

Baziemarc123
It look like he ultimately failed, though.

I never said he did it fully, I said "MOMENTARILY"

One Big Mob
Didn't he say he had more power than he's ever had before... before absorbing Polaris?

Plus iirc all indications were he was trying to destroy the planet outside the statement saying he was pushing the world back, and then he died right after?

riv6672
Battlezone is the KMC equivalent of meeting in the playground after school.
****ing kids today. laughing

beatboks
I'll only do so if you limit to a month period

No guts no glory.

If you could truly obliterate me the time would be inconsequential as you'd know you never have to worry (as I do)

You lack the stones face the KMC forum member with the worst BZ record in a BZ on subject matyer he hasnt read in over 6 years

You've got a hell of lot of faith in your stance dont you?

When your ready to accept the terms as stated let me know. I'll be willing to oblidge

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Didn't he say he had more power than he's ever had before... before absorbing Polaris?

Plus iirc all indications were he was trying to destroy the planet outside the statement saying he was pushing the world back, and then he died right after?

it was during incursion. Mags was thrice amped, off an upgraded form of mgh, off Sugar Mans power amplifiers and off Polaris. He failed. He was tryng to prevent the two earths from colliding

abhilegend

Yeah, he was amped to above his highest power levels before that.

Galan007
he was only able to have his powers restored to near half of their previous levels via an experimental procedure by the Sugar Man's tech. He then amped himself using MGH and by haxing his daughter's (Polaris) powers to amp himself up even further) momentarily HOLDING 2 colliding universes apart. Had he been at full power from the beginning, he would have at least stopped the incursion Yes, so like I said: Mags was massively AMPED during that scene. He was not "weakened" like you said.

And again, he tried...and failed...to stop the earths from colliding. End of story. At not point in time did he *actually* stop them like you said.

Here is the entire scene from start to finish:
https://i.imgur.com/n9pPapV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IL5YdcH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/02TYsOS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CjnYurO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hDSdA17.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TlSxi5s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uRm7i0G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OV4fu73.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zDwkn7l.jpg

In summary:
https://i.imgur.com/5RM7dLk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oRKkj6g.jpg

...Not that failing to stop them is a low feat by any means. However, there's also no reason to credit him with an uber feat that he simply did not preform.

I never said he did it fully, I said "MOMENTARILY" Lol, you need a consistency coach:

Baziemarc123
Yes, so like I said: Mags was massively AMPED during that scene. He was not "weakened" like you said.

And again, he tried...and ultimately failed...to stop the earths from colliding. End of story. At not point in time did he *actually* stop them like you said.

Here is the entire scene from start to finish:
https://i.imgur.com/n9pPapV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IL5YdcH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/02TYsOS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CjnYurO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hDSdA17.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TlSxi5s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uRm7i0G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OV4fu73.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zDwkn7l.jpg

In summary:
https://i.imgur.com/5RM7dLk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oRKkj6g.jpg

Lol, you need a consistency coach:

He still wasn't at full power though even with amps from SOMEONE weaker than him

Baziemarc123
Okay, he failed sure. but are you denying that he MOMENTARILY held it from colliding?

Philosophía
Goddammit, Magneto has his 'carver', just when I was trying to get him some respect.

Galan007
Okay, he failed sure. This is all that needed to be said. I'm not indulging your goalpost-movery. thumb up

riv6672
Yeah, that never helps the cause, does it?

Baziemarc123
This is all that needed to be said. I'm not indulging your goalpost-movery. thumb up

he actually may have not just STOPPED the Incursion, but he actually may have been able to REVERSE it. This is due to the fact that the Illuminati's data had listed Magneto as a back up plan to stop an Incursion. Unfortunately, their data ONLY took into account a NON-WEAKENED Mags. It was Namor who gave that data to Mags.

Namor gave Mags some of the research data that about the incursions and how Mags might be able to save Earth. Mags then got restored to near full power by the Sugarman's experiment. He then hacked Polarus' powers to the point where he took all her powers and amped himself even more. This allowed him to momentarily hold 2 universes apart.

DarkSaint85
Lol

Baziemarc123
and no CB is not superior lmao.

this scan is from when Mags RIPPED a part of the 616 when he made a wormhole using his powers.:

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/magneto/Magneto_Wormhole_3.jpg

Also, Polaris (Mag's daughter) RIPPED a part of the 616 to breakthrough to the Nephylim Realm in the Draco Saga. Who taught her how to do that level of EM hax? Magneto.

leonidas
laughing out loud

the sheer awesome buffoonery on display here. thumb up

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

the sheer awesome buffoonery on display here. thumb up

you should be more worried about what im gonna post on our BZ, than this leo

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

the sheer awesome buffoonery on display here. thumb up I put forward a motion that all the judges of the Magneto vs WWH battlezone not read this thread.

LordofBrooklyn
Too late.

The damage is done!

leonidas
laughing out loud

irreparable damage to my eyes and my common sense. thumb up

One Big Mob
Weakened Mags is a universe tosser. He wins easily

panthergod
Baziemarc is a extremely entertaining level of totally ignorant buffoon.

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by panthergod
Baziemarc is a extremely entertaining level of totally ignorant buffoon.

salt

leonidas
Weakened Mags is a universe tosser. He wins easily

tough to argue with that. thumb up

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.