Youtube Ranters turn the world into relative TV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Annoying right and left-wing pundits with hilariously stupid agendas are almost certainly triggering youtube fans who post their videos. Rather than actually provide real discourse they rant and throw a few figures in which they then skew to the narrative to fit what they want. but the kids lap it up, they have disagreements with each other but rarely actually debate with each other for fear of losing face. And the kids lap it up, funny stuff! Thoughts?

Kurk
3_8DUsl1Ea4

Surtur
Just move this to the triggered thread.

Robtard

Surtur
^Still butthurt Steven Crowder knows more about guns than him. Hilarious.

Beniboybling
Independent thought is going extinct yeah. See above. sad

Robtard
I love how Surtur goes on to prove my point nigh immediately after I made it. Thanks?

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
I love how Surtur goes on to prove my point nigh immediately after I made it. Thanks?

If you need a pretend win that bad I'll allow it Rob.

Robtard
Ironing

Surtur
Ironing

Lol swing and a miss.

cdtm
Sounds like you may enjoy the Intellectual Dark Web.

yTWCl32j8jM

This one with Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro is a good intro.

It's interesting that the progressives are trying so hard to vilify them, because I hear little to be offended by. Disagree with, sure, but try and censure or marginalized?

Fox News, they are not.

And, the right hates them, too.

If you've pissed off the right and the left by simply making off party arguments, you must be doing something right.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by cdtm
Sounds like you may enjoy the Intellectual Dark Web.

yTWCl32j8jM

This one with Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro is a good intro.

It's interesting that the progressives are trying so hard to vilify them, because I hear little to be offended by. Disagree with, sure, but try and censure or marginalized?

Fox News, they are not.

And, the right hates them, too.

If you've pissed off the right and the left by simply making off party arguments, you must be doing something right.
No you don't understand, Shapiro is one of these youtube ranters in their view.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Annoying right and left-wing pundits with hilariously stupid agendas are almost certainly triggering youtube fans who post their videos. Rather than actually provide real discourse they rant and throw a few figures in which they then skew to the narrative to fit what they want. but the kids lap it up, they have disagreements with each other but rarely actually debate with each other for fear of losing face. And the kids lap it up, funny stuff! Thoughts?

Prime Examples.

cdtm
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Harris, too?

Ben's funny in this one: "I need bodyguards at lectures now. From the right. I don't understand the rights problem with me. I'm basically a straight conservative!"

Surtur
No you don't understand, Shapiro is one of these youtube ranters in their view. `

Funny thing is people like Ben and Steven Crowder aren't just youtube ranters. Hell youtube is becoming less and less able to be counted on by people like them for a steady income. Ben has a show that he uploads to youtube. You can get his show at a lot of places. Steven Crowder does the same thing. Both have other sources of income besides youtube.

They mainly use youtube to build a fanbase and make any money they can off videos that don't get demonetized.

dadudemon

The problem is, we have 1000 left-wing people with very large and influential soap-boxes but hardly any right-wing people with those same soapboxes. So they take to YouTube and get marginal voices. It's not a 50-50 split. The left has far too much of a voice in the US.

As time goes on, much more honest and balanced information will be put out there. People will pay less and less attention to the horribly biased MSM sources and seek out information from places like YouTube.

Thankfully, the research that says people will seek out media that confirms their biases is not all or nothing. Meaning, there will still be quite a large number of people with an opposing view that will consume something from a place like YouTube, see the other side, and see the error of their thinking. This is great and wonderful. This is what we want. If your only sources are always the biased MSM, you won't get a true "opposing" view that hasn't be curated in a specific way to make you believe this or that.

I hope I make sense. I hope MSM dies out in the next 20 years.

dadudemon

I'd posit that it's becoming more and more common, actually. As actual knowledge and truth is becoming more and more accessible and less and less lies and propaganda are able to be gotten away with, independent thought is becoming more and more common.

This is a good thing. Hooray for the Information Age: it's quite sexy.

Flyattractor
To Bad that Corporations like Youtube are doing everything they can to Stomp Out said Independent Thought...

dadudemon

I disagree with some of his positions and I would actually like to debate him in a public forum on some of the things I disagree with.

However, an extreme "right-winger" he is not. I find his presentation of the arguments to be rather factual and honest. Which is why there's not much room for debate on many of his points.

Emperordmb
Yeah honestly this topic comes more across as "let's attack the credibility of the people we disagree with instead of arguing against their points of principle!"

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
I disagree with some of his positions and I would actually like to debate him in a public forum on some of the things I disagree with.

However, an extreme "right-winger" he is not. I find his presentation of the arguments to be rather factual and honest. Which is why there's not much room for debate on many of his points.

These days if you even move half a centimeter from leftist values you are considered extreme right wing.

Silent Master
Originally posted by dadudemon

Doesn't matter, start posting some of his or Sam Harris' videos where they makes points you agree with and see how the more left leaning posters react.

Surtur
Some on the left are probably still butthurt over how Sam Harris embarrassed Cenk from TYT.

Flyattractor
Cenk should be grateful that someone did it for him instead of letting him do it himself as per the norm.

Emperordmb
LOL what about how Sargon embarrassed Cenk from TYT

XdMSJVoxYlo

Surtur
Lol yeah I saw that. These people are honestly obsessed with nazis.

I'm just trying to imagine the modern day left existing in Germany during the time of Hitler. Hitler offers them a chance at legislation at getting jews out of germany safely instead of gassing them.

The left responds "nah, no legislation we just wanna keep the focus on Hitler right now".

Beniboybling

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol yeah I saw that. These people are honestly obsessed with nazis.

I'm just trying to imagine the modern day left existing in Germany during the time of Hitler. Hitler offers them a chance at legislation at getting jews out of germany safely instead of gassing them.

The left responds "nah, no legislation we just wanna keep the focus on Hitler right now". u have some weird dreams man

DarthSkywalker0
u have some weird dreams man

thumb up

Surtur
You got me there.

snowdragon
Ruben report, Crowder and Shapiro tend to voice better material and sources then vox and salon. So if that's the point of dicussion then the left has alot of cleaning up to do.

Most public news sources are opinion pieces now so it doesn't matter if it comes from TV or youtube, its opining on information.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by snowdragon
Ruben report, Crowder and Shapiro tend to voice better material and sources then vox and salon. So if that's the point of dicussion then the left has alot of cleaning up to do.

Most public news sources are opinion pieces now so it doesn't matter if it comes from TV or youtube, its opining on information. I think most fact-checking sources indicate the right starting with the President himself have the most cleaning up to do and no the purpose of this thread is not to discuss which bad news source is the best, it's more to state that Opinioning is not news.

A lot of people see through Crowder et al

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Steven_Crowder

ArtificialGlory
I think most fact-checking sources indicate the right starting with the President himself have the most cleaning up to do and no the purpose of this thread is not to discuss which bad news source is the best, it's more to state that Opinioning is not news.

Encyclopedia Dramatica - now that's a place I haven't visited in a while. Thanks for reminding me.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Encyclopedia Dramatica - now that's a place I haven't visited in a while. Thanks for reminding me. It is of the noughties, I do not disagree.

snowdragon
I think most fact-checking sources indicate the right starting with the President himself have the most cleaning up to do and no the purpose of this thread is not to discuss which bad news source is the best, it's more to state that Opinioning is not news.

Sure that's why I said better material, Crowder is comedy if you want to use that as a news source laughing out loud

rudester
YouTube is starting to go downhill, to much commercials and to much annoying popups; if you pay you will be able to avoid commercials..sneaky

Flyattractor
Or just a AddBlocker. That saves a lot of time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.