Iron Man vs. Luke Cage/Iron fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
The Suit case suit XLVI from Civil War

Same circumstances as the Bunker fight in Civil award

Round 1: H2H
Round 2: Tony can use his weapons

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by carthage
The Suit case suit XLVI from Civil War

Same circumstances as the Bunker fight in Civil award

Round 1: H2H
Round 2: Tony can use his weapons

H2H is where the real fight will take place.

Cage struggled with Diamondback.
Iron Fist should be beast, but i dont see him penetrating the suit.

Can Tony fly?

Weapons Tony should obliterate.

TheVaultDweller
Hmmm... 7 episodes into s2, so haven't got to any Iron Fist yet (though articles and photos released like a month or two ago implied at least a cameo). Luke has definitely shown a very clear improvement in both fighting skill and speed though. It's almost like he's a different guy to the one we saw in JJ s1, LC s1, and the Defenders in that regard. Guess going full-time hero has helped him dust off his skills a bit. Take the bridge rematch between him and Bushmaster. He showed various striking, grappling, throwing techniques, a bit of ground game, as well as different counters and such, or when he initially rocked up in Brooklyn and was fairly casually blocking, ducking and dodging various attacks from Bushmaster's goons, just to give some examples.

Still got 6 more episodes to go though, so will see how things play out. Danny will have to get a pretty sizable upgrade from The Defenders in order to take the place of one of the Super Soldiers though.

h1a8
Team wins the first fight
Tony wins the 2nd

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hmmm... 7 episodes into s2, so haven't got to any Iron Fist yet (though articles and photos released like a month or two ago implied at least a cameo). Luke has definitely shown a very clear improvement in both fighting skill and speed though. It's almost like he's a different guy to the one we saw in JJ s1, LC s1, and the Defenders in that regard. Guess going full-time hero has helped him dust off his skills a bit. Take the bridge rematch between him and Bushmaster. He showed various striking, grappling, throwing techniques, a bit of ground game, as well as different counters and such, or when he initially rocked up in Brooklyn and was fairly casually blocking, ducking and dodging various attacks from Bushmaster's goons, just to give some examples.

Still got 6 more episodes to go though, so will see how things play out. Danny will have to get a pretty sizable upgrade from The Defenders in order to take the place of one of the Super Soldiers though.

Rand has a few good moments in season 2 of Cage but nothing to suggest he can take out one of the super soldiers unless during his own show he majorly improves

TheVaultDweller
I saw the episode where Danny rocks up. And I can see more than a few MCU Power Man and Iron Fist team up threads coming in the near future. Those two actually make a pretty formidable pair. Especially considering "pat-a-cake". Though the fact that Luke can stonewall an Iron Fist punch powerful enough that just the shockwave alone KO'd a whole group of thugs is kind of insane.

TheVaultDweller
So, I am also assuming that "same circumstances" means Tony is also an emotional wreck and suffering from PIS? Because that's basically why he lost in the film lol.

BruceSkywalker
I saw the episode where Danny rocks up. And I can see more than a few MCU Power Man and Iron Fist team up threads coming in the near future. Those two actually make a pretty formidable pair. Especially considering "pat-a-cake". Though the fact that Luke can stonewall an Iron Fist punch powerful enough that just the shockwave alone KO'd a whole group of thugs is kind of insane.

that scene rocked.. i've watched that scene a few times now... when luke guest stars in Iron Fist I'm hopeful a similar scene happens

TheVaultDweller
Honestly, it might be one of my favourite MCU Netflix fights at this point. Choreography was on point, great background music, and it ended with a great climax. And, as someone pointed out on another site, they actually do a version of "Get help" from Thor: Ragnarok when Luke throws Danny at the last 2 guys lol. Though Danny does it with more style than Loki.

HulkIsHulk
And, as someone pointed out on another site, they actually do a version of "Get help" from Thor: Ragnarok when Luke throws Danny at the last 2 guys lol. Though Danny does it with more style than Loki.
I think comic fans would call it Fastball Special

Surtur
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I think comic fans would call it Fastball Special

Bingo, although it looked kinda lame.

With that said...I think IM takes both fights. People on Cages level can clearly harm him. IM is quite strong probably stronger than Cage.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo, although it looked kinda lame.

With that said...I think IM takes both fights. People on Cages level can clearly harm him. IM is quite strong probably stronger than Cage.

The new suit is on all levels stronger than cage.

Surtur
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The new suit is on all levels stronger than cage.

Yep, IM wins both scenarios.

Tony's 1st IM suit that he didn't make from supplies he found in some cave...was able to stop a car from moving at only like 20% of its power.

Josh_Alexander
Yep, IM wins both scenarios.

Tony's 1st IM suit that he didn't make from supplies he found in some cave...was able to stop a car from moving at only like 20% of its power.

Yeah. On another level tbh.

Surtur
Still though gotta say...this latest season makes me want a Cage/IF show. IF is finally starting to step away from being a shitty character.

TheVaultDweller
Funny thing is though, I would argue Tony's punches and kicks would potentially do more damage than his weapons would. Most things that do piercing or explosive damage seem next to useless against him at this point.

Surtur
I could see that happening, especially if he specifically puts a lot of power into a punch.

TheVaultDweller
I could see that happening, especially if he specifically puts a lot of power into a punch.

Well, if he is not pulling his punches, and hitting with the kind of power he was in IM 1, then he could.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111314832/6239101-mcu+iron+man+punch.gif

Poor guy. Thought he was in for an honest day of terrorising. Instead gets murdered by being punched into a 2nd floor wall.

FrothByte
Well if IM wasn't pulling his punches, he really shouldn't have had any trouble against Cap and WS. That was just PIS.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well if IM wasn't pulling his punches, he really shouldn't have had any trouble against Cap and WS. That was just PIS.
Yeah. Bucky was basically no-selling shots to the face before he tried to pry the arc reactor off. Or it could be that the suit's just weaker compared to other suits. There's definitely precedence for that in IM 2 and 3

TheVaultDweller
Yeah. Bucky was basically no-selling shots to the face before he tried to pry the arc reactor off.

That bit made no sense to be honest. He took the punches to the face without any problems, yet the repulsor shot after getting his arm destroyed basically oneshots him for the rest of the fight, and leaves him with a bloody face IIRC. It's just like, wut?

Josh_Alexander

Not PIS.

Tony was emotional. He wasnt fighting properly/thinking properly.

Cap and WS took advantage.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Not PIS.

Tony was emotional. He wasnt fighting properly/thinking properly.

Cap and WS took advantage.

An emotional Tony, punching WS multiple times with the intention to kill... and still not being able to KO Bucky or even break his nose is indeed PIS.

Josh_Alexander
An emotional Tony, punching WS multiple times with the intention to kill... and still not being able to KO Bucky or even break his nose is indeed PIS.

The SSS doesnt only grant extreme durability but also an amazing healing factor.

I dont think its PIS.

It would be PIS for Tony to be able to one punch break WS or Cap.

TheVaultDweller
was able to stop a car from moving at only like 20% of its power.

To be fair, Cage has done similar just by basically standing there. stick out tongue

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/117031/5370682-9300486519-giphy.gif

HulkIsHulk

No. He caught a falling minivan and bench pressed it's rear end. As far I remember he has yet to stop any vehicle with bare hands in the movies

HulkIsHulk
That bit made no sense to be honest. He took the punches to the face without any problems, yet the repulsor shot after getting his arm destroyed basically oneshots him for the rest of the fight, and leaves him with a bloody face IIRC. It's just like, wut?
The repulsors are supposed to hit harder than the suit's normal punches though.
And the bloody face was from the kick he gave Bucky when Bucky grabbed his leg near the end of the fight
And the inconsistencies doesn't end there either. With both his left and right arm on separate times in the fight Tony did a punch catch, and blocked an elbow from the metal arm yet he gets overpowered by the normal arm and cannot pry it off his face, and doesn't even get a cosmetic damage when struck with the end of the shield with the metal arm twice, and the first time Bucky was using both his arms and had the momentum of a jump behind his blow (when Tony had Cap pinned)
And earlier in the fight Tony was able to take Cap out with a single boast yet later multiple ones can't
And Tony countered both solo and together earlier bin the fight, but near the end need F.R.I.D.A.Y to fight

TheVaultDweller

Normally, sure. But they barely scorched the walls during the final fight when they should have been blasting holes in them.

tkitna
Tony wins both

CPT Space Bomb
Team gets f'n obliterated. Tony was clearly pulling his punches against Cap. He was trying to kill Winter Soldier for a bit but Cap at this point is way stronger than Luke Cage. Civil War alone proved that. Cap isn't quite as durable but his shield was a HUGE boon to his team in that 2v1. Luke and IF don't have that. Also, cap is a better fighter than either BY FAR. Iron man can tank missile Luke and even if he doesn't a shotgun blast to the head can ko him as we saw in Jessica Jones. Tony has a lot more firepower at his disposal than that. Tony obliterates.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Team gets f'n obliterated. Tony was clearly pulling his punches against Cap. He was trying to kill Winter Soldier for a bit but Cap at this point is way stronger than Luke Cage. Civil War alone proved that. Cap isn't quite as durable but his shield was a HUGE boon to his team in that 2v1. Luke and IF don't have that. Also, cap is a better fighter than either BY FAR. Iron man can tank missile Luke and even if he doesn't a shotgun blast to the head can ko him as we saw in Jessica Jones. Tony has a lot more firepower at his disposal than that. Tony obliterates.

Before getting to anything else, you realise that Luke is canonically (confirmed via both feats and statements in LC s2) more durable now than he was back in JJ s1, right?

CPT Space Bomb
Before getting to anything else, you realise that Luke is canonically (confirmed via both feats and statements in LC s2) more durable now than he was back in JJ s1, right? Well, admittedly I haven't watched LC s2 yet due to not really enjoying the first one. But unless he got a major upgrade in s2 then IM definitely has the ability to put him down fairly easily. Again, what REALLY matters is this:

Bucky is an assassin nearly on par with Cap in strength and other stats.
And Cap is: Faster, Stronger and a far, FAR better fighter than either LC or IF. The only thing that the team has over IM is Luke's durability...but again, Tony should have the tech to put him down. I'll have to watch s2 to see what kind of amazing upgrade you're referring to.

TheVaultDweller
Well, until you either watch LC s2 or at least catch up on the feats/info, taking this conversation further is pointless.

And just to be clear, without the CA:CW PIS factor in play, Tony does win here in both. But both Luke and Danny are definitely better than they were previously. In Luke's case, pretty much across the board.

CPT Space Bomb
Well, until you either watch LC s2 or at least catch up on the feats/info, taking this conversation further is pointless.

And just to be clear, without the CA:CW PIS factor in play, Tony does win here in both. But both Luke and Danny are definitely better than they were previously. In Luke's case, pretty much across the board. I agree that Tony should have won against Cap/bucky. That suit he was using was trash. IM1 suit or his nano suit would absolutely obliterate Cap/bucky in seconds.

FrothByte
In the pure h2h fight, I actually feel like Danny will be a bigger threat than Cage. While LC can hit hard, he doesn't hit as hard as Danny's full-powered IF. And though Danny probably won't survive a direct hit from IM, he should be fast and skilled enough to evade enough hits to land an IF or two.

CPT Space Bomb
I mean, if Iron Man was REALLY trying to kill Cap from the beginning the outcome would have been much, much different. Make no mistake, the team is not getting any wins.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I agree that Tony should have won against Cap/bucky. That suit he was using was trash. IM1 suit or his nano suit would absolutely obliterate Cap/bucky in seconds.

Most of the internet, with the exception of the diehard Cap fantards, agree that Tony should have won in CA:CW, suspect suit or not. They even made a HISHE specifically to mock him about it lol:

1EB0tPUitMU

TheVaultDweller
In the pure h2h fight, I actually feel like Danny will be a bigger threat than Cage. While LC can hit hard, he doesn't hit as hard as Danny's full-powered IF. And though Danny probably won't survive a direct hit from IM, he should be fast and skilled enough to evade enough hits to land an IF or two.

Yeah, and while it has little bearing on this actual match, Danny looks like he just hits harder overall than he did previously. Not sure if it's because they've stepped up the choreography for him, but his hits just look like they have a lot more weight behind them.

And he seems able to summon the Iron Fist WAY more quickly and easily than he has done previously. He used to generally need a few seconds of constipation face for his fist to glow. Now he does it much more casually.

NotAllThatEvil
And the bloody face was from the kick he gave Bucky when Bucky grabbed his leg near the end of the fight
And the inconsistencies doesn't end there either. With both his left and right arm on separate times in the fight Tony did a punch catch, and blocked an elbow from the metal arm yet he gets overpowered by the normal arm and cannot pry it off his face, and doesn't even get a cosmetic damage when struck with the end of the shield with the metal arm twice, and the first time Bucky was using both his arms and had the momentum of a jump behind his blow (when Tony had Cap pinned)
And earlier in the fight Tony was able to take Cap out with a single boast yet later multiple ones can't
And Tony countered both solo and together earlier bin the fight, but near the end need F.R.I.D.A.Y to fight
His arm was running low on batteries?

HulkIsHulk
Normally, sure. But they barely scorched the walls during the final fight when they should have been blasting holes in them.
Tony's punches didn't do anything either. And Cap fans have used this dialogue at 0:20 to justify it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYu3QdJFG4E

Most of the internet, with the exception of the diehard Cap fantards, agree that Tony should have won in CA:CW, suspect suit or not.
And you know what, some of those turds actually claim that Cap and Bucky were holding back while Tony was fighting the best way he has ever in the MCU

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
His arm was running low on batteries?
His previous suit's have kept fighting for a considerably longer time and taking a lot more damage before running out of juice, whether it was against Hammer drones and Vanko, Killian's lackeys, Chitauri, Ultron bots.
Heck the Iron Monger fight has him start out with 20% power and he only ran out of juice after 8 mins, and that was with the very first mini arc reactor he made. And talking about the 1st arc reactor, it powered the inefficient and bulky cave suit for almost as long as the climax fight of CW after being charged on suspect power supply.
And the IM 3 suit, which gets a lot of flak not considering that it was unfinished prototype, managed to do pretty well in the mansion attack all things considered, and despite incompletely charged on a confirmed crappy power supply, flew all the way from Tennessee to Miami and lasted for some time in a fight there
If the Cw suit was running out if batteries that fast it's still a terrible showing, still showing that the suit is considerably inferior to every other previous model

TheVaultDweller
And you know what, some of those turds actually claim that Cap and Bucky were holding back while Tony was fighting the best way he has ever in the MCU

To be fair, there are also people who really hate Tony and go out of their way to lowball and downplay him as well. So, kind of not surprised.

NotAllThatEvil
Tony's punches didn't do anything either. And Cap fans have used this dialogue at 0:20 to justify it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYu3QdJFG4E

His previous suit's have kept fighting for a considerably longer time and taking a lot more damage before running out of juice, whether it was against Hammer drones and Vanko, Killian's lackeys, Chitauri, Ultron bots.
Heck the Iron Monger fight has him start out with 20% power and he only ran out of juice after 8 mins, and that was with the very first mini arc reactor he made. And talking about the 1st arc reactor, it powered the inefficient and bulky cave suit for almost as long as the climax fight of CW after being charged on suspect power supply.
And the IM 3 suit, which gets a lot of flak not considering that it was unfinished prototype, managed to do pretty well in the mansion attack all things considered, and despite incompletely charged on a confirmed crappy power supply, flew all the way from Tennessee to Miami and lasted for some time in a fight there
If the Cw suit was running out if batteries that fast it's still a terrible showing, still showing that the suit is considerably inferior to every other previous model

I was more talking about buky's arm which hasn't been plugged one since he left hydra. That suit did fly from a U.S. base to Russia so it's understandable if it was running low as well.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I was more talking about buky's arm which hasn't been plugged one since he left hydra. That suit did fly from a U.S. base to Russia so it's understandable if it was running low as well.
I seriously doubt Bucky''s arm would need constant recharging. Or it should have already run out long ago.
As for the suit flying from US to Russia, when fully charged IM suit's have flown from US to Afghanistan, Africa without any appreciable loss of power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.