Mexican presidential candidate calls for people to flee the country

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
No. REALLY!! The guy tells people to leave His Crappy Country and Sneak into the BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! Guess which one that is...

Its Official. Mexico is a Shit Hole. They attempt to Self Flush!

Surtur
People need to start working on forcefield technology ASAP.

Playmaker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No. REALLY!! The guy tells people to leave His Crappy Country and Sneak into the BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! Guess which one that is...

It'll be hilarious if he loses the presidency. He'll be like, "Why did I lose the election? ...oh yeah. I told everyone who supported me to flee the country. Whoops."

DarthPlaguis12
Thrn they cry when they separate the kids...maybe cause adults are held in cells...dumbasses

Flyattractor
But Mexicans let Families hang together while they are in Prison! Why can't we do that to!?

SquallX

BackFire
Not just a fringe candidate, but according to the article, he's the favorite to win.

Flyattractor

Beniboybling
Make America Mexican Again. yes

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Make America Mexican Again. yes

Sort of like the "Make the U.K Fascist Again"

Something Beny is working hard for.

eek!

ArtificialGlory

Flyattractor
We should boat them all to EurAsia and The Land of U.K. Lots of Room at Beny's house!

Surtur
Why is a country with the 6th largest economy such a pile of dog shit?

snowdragon
I wonder what mexico would do if an exodus of US folks expatriated there illegally....oh yeah throw them in jail.

rudester
Mexicans are native to that land descendents of Aztec and Myan culture. It's funny because I remember reading a book on Mexico and it's history; it actually reached up to Ohio and all of Texas. There's Aztec temples in Texas, surprisingly I'm surprised the temples haven't been destroyed for further evidence of another culture that preexisted the colonists.

And if you read more you will discover that Christopher Columbus was actually Italian working for the Spanish crown. So why didn't he betray Spain and inform the Italians of his discovery? Why did the Spanish not have a stronger presence in the language we speak? And how did the English get involved, dominate the territory and claim it as their own?

Flyattractor
Cause the English weren't a bunch of Lefty SJW Pussies back then like they are now.

SquallX
Originally posted by rudester
Mexicans are native to that land descendents of Aztec and Myan culture. It's funny because I remember reading a book on Mexico and it's history; it actually reached up to Ohio and all of Texas. There's Aztec temples in Texas, surprisingly I'm surprised the temples haven't been destroyed for further evidence of another culture that preexisted the colonists.

And if you read more you will discover that Christopher Columbus was actually Italian working for the Spanish crown. So why didn't he betray Spain and inform the Italians of his discovery? Why did the Spanish not have a stronger presence in the language we speak? And how did the English get involved, dominate the territory and claim it as their own?

So ****ing what?!

Empires are created by force, conquer and bloodsheds. Not hand holding and singing cumbaya.

Bentley
Imagine people in that continent voting candidates that talk stupid.

ArtificialGlory

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Bentley
Imagine people in that continent voting candidates that talk stupid.
Our candidates have the best talk. The best talk.

Eternal Idol

R9mdFMOaHlY

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
R9mdFMOaHlY

It's certainly correct he didn't use the word shithole.

Why tell people to leave a prosperous non-shithole country though? Like in your mind...what is the reason?

Why is leaving Mexico a "human right"? Is it cuz it's a shithole and people should have the right to leave? That's my interpretation.

But I'm very curious to see how you interpreted it.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Surtur

Why tell people to leave a prosperous non-shithole country though? Like in your mind...what is the reason?

Why is leaving Mexico a "human right"? Is it cuz it's a shithole and people should have the right to leave? That's my interpretation.

From what I understand it's a human right to leave, well, any country, but it's also not a human right to violate another country's borders.

rudester
No no justification. I'm just saying its interesting how countries evolve and how people change over time, in a hundred years from now do you think people will care about Mexico? No, why because people would have mixed so much that fight for the right for who owns this land or who owns that land. Even now the English we use is changing, we know more Spanish then ever before. What is a taco? What is an empanada? We use more Spanish then ever before.

Eternal Idol

He's not telling people to leave the country.

He is condemning the treatment of detained immigrants in the U.S., and advocating for better treatment of immigrants throughout the American continents, and everywhere else, for that matter. He's asking for host countries for a show of empathy for those exercising their human right to leave behind whatever hardships they faced their homelands to survive and prosper elsewhere.

It's a positive message.

Surtur

Flyattractor
R9mdFMOaHlY

RFKt1z7cHAY

Surtur
I'm still confused how "leave and find a life in the United States" isn't telling people to leave.

Eternal Idol
I'm still confused how "leave and find a life in the United States" isn't telling people to leave.
I'll explain after work.

cdtm
Don't bother. I think you're projecting, no offense.

There is absolutely no way he's not downplaying the standards of living of his own country.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by cdtm
Don't bother. I think you're projecting, no offense.

There is absolutely no way he's not downplaying the standards of living of his own country.
Projecting?

cdtm
Projecting?

Well, nothing he said implies more then what he said.

You can argue he had a deeper message, but the fact is you really don't want to hint that the country your running isn't really worth staying in. It sends a bad message.

Surtur
Well, nothing he said implies more then what he said.

You can argue he had a deeper message, but the fact is you really don't want to hint that the country your running isn't really worth staying in. It sends a bad message.

The only way I can see this being spun is for someone to try to say the guy didn't really want people to leave...he just wanted to draw attention to how shitty Mexico is.

But nah, you can do that in other ways besides "leave". He told them to leave. I'd love to see how they are going to spin this.

Eternal Idol
This post is taking me a lot longer to complete than I thought. I'll post it when it's ready though. I've got to get some sleep in before it's time to go back to work again, and I still have to go drop off my ballot.

Surtur
Does it have anything to do with trying to excuse it via "he was trying to draw attention to how shitty this place is" ?

Flyattractor
Probably more that is harder for him to string enough shitpost
threads together to make his narrative NOT look like the big LIE it really is.

Eternal Idol
Does it have anything to do with trying to excuse it via "he was trying to draw attention to how shitty this place is" ?
No, because he isn't telling people to mass migrate out of Mexico and into the U.S., nor is he painting Mexico as either a shithole or a utopia. I should be able to wrap it up after work tonight.

Eternal Idol
Probably more that is harder for him to string enough shitpost
threads together to make his narrative NOT look like the big LIE it really is.
This, coming from you? Priceless. laughing out loud

Surtur
I'm expecting some houdini level shit to go down here.

Eternal Idol
I'm expecting some houdini level shit to go down here.
laughing out loud

I'm not writing a book about it. Just something I think would better clarify his position. He's not encouraging a mass exodus and telling people to leave Mexico. Fly's article is foaming at the mouth retarded for no reason.

Surtur
I have no problem accepting that the article is flawed. But if this quote:

"leave their towns and find a life in the United States."

If that quote is correct, I fail to see the argument.

Robtard
laughing out loud

I'm not writing a book about it. Just something I think would better clarify his position. He's not encouraging a mass exodus and telling people to leave Mexico. Fly's article is foaming at the mouth retarded for no reason.

Consider the source

Flyattractor
More like consider the form of the opposition to it.

Aka Fascist Lying Leftism.

Ya know...people like Robbie.

Eternal Idol
Ah, **** it. I'm tired. I was going to translate the entire article from El Universal and the entirety of Obrador's speech in the video clip, but this will suffice:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/25/blog-posting/mexico-presidential-candidate-call-immigration/

Goodnight, everyone.

Surtur
Holy shit it took you all that time just to say it was a mistranslation? Christ almighty.

Eternal Idol
Holy shit it took you all that time just to say it was a mistranslation? Christ almighty.
I thought I'd made that clear the first time around:

R9mdFMOaHlY

Beniboybling
Cult of Trump strikes again.

Surtur
It is weird though...Jorge Ramos was on Tucker and couldn't explain why this was said. So even the mexicans got fooled...?

dadudemon
Ah, **** it. I'm tired. I was going to translate the entire article from El Universal and the entirety of Obrador's speech in the video clip, but this will suffice:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/25/blog-posting/mexico-presidential-candidate-call-immigration/

Goodnight, everyone.

Appreciate your hard work. Thanks for clearing this up.

Robtard

IOW: Surtur fell for fake news once again

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard

I fell for it too because I didn't bother to fact check it.

Surtur

IOW: Even citizens of mexico fell for this. You failed.

Robtard
You think they're 'pieces of shit'. So that doesn't really help you now does it, el sporto :/

Surtur
You think they're 'pieces of shit'. So that doesn't really help you now does it, el sporto :/

I think Mexico is a shithole. But I would expect them to have a better command of the language than me.

Surtur
Here is the most hilarious part: I'm sure they didn't actually look into it either. They believed it. They just assumed "yeah, this story about our most popular candidate telling people to flee to America is probably true".

Lol.

Robtard
I think Mexico is a shithole. But I would expect them to have a better command of the language than me. Originally posted by Surtur
Here is the most hilarious part: I'm sure they didn't actually look into it either. They believed it. They just assumed "yeah, this story about our most popular candidate telling people to flee to America is probably true".

Lol.
:/
You should really do better for yourself.

Surtur
I wonder how Jorge Ramos feels now. He went on tv in front of millions and acted like this was real...

Rockydonovang
Come on KMC. It's flyattractor, aren't you even gonna bother to check the source?

I guess not.

No suprise there.

The author of this article's about page fails to list any qualifications. The story itself is second hand linking an article whose headline translates to:
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/elecciones-2018/amlo-urge-epn-detener-actos-racistas-e-inhumanas-de-eu-migrantes
"EPN URGES US TO STOP ACTS OF INHUMANITY TOWARDS MIGRANTS"

AKA, completely unrelated to what fly's article says the article said.

#Fakenews everyone.

cdtm

Goodnight, everyone.

That's really all I thought he meant.

And it's still a bad message. Why not make Mexico better, instead of defending this "human right" to relocate?

Because it isn't politically expedient to admit you just want to reduce the drain on the Mexican economy? I mean, what other reason could it be? If it's for their sake, you make things better here, not encourage them to find a better life somewhere else, on someone elses tax dollar.

Flyattractor

And it's still a bad message. Why not make Mexico better, instead of defending this "human right" to relocate?

That is a Lesson that ALL of South America Should Try to Learn.

Eternal Idol

Because it isn't politically expedient to admit you just want to reduce the drain on the Mexican economy? I mean, what other reason could it be? If it's for their sake, you make things better here, not encourage them to find a better life somewhere else, on someone elses tax dollar.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/porque-no-los-dos-gif-19.gif

He does want to make Mexico better. Just because he defended those who left Mexico to seek out opportunity in the US, doesn't mean that's all there is to him. He currently doesn't hold an office though, and even if he were president, drastic improvements can take months or even years for their full effect to be felt. Meanwhile, those who are suffering and desperate need something sooner than later, and some risk everything to come here to the US. He understands their plight, which is why he came to their defense, but that does not mean he thinks immigration is the solution to the problems Mexican citizens are facing.

He's making another bid for president, and I hope he is elected this time around. He's a progressive leader, and he's big on human rights:

Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (wikipedia page)

As far as the thing about them finding a better life on someone else's tax dollars, well...

Undocumented Immigrants Contribute over $11 Billion to Our Economy Each Year

Eternal Idol
Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador just won the election in a landslide victory against Enrique Pena Nieto. He will be Mexico's next President.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.