how durable is odin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
what is odins durability level? what is the strongest attack he could possibly take?

cdtm
*Cleans glasses*

Not "How much of a dum**** is Odin." Because he's very lately.

Going by source books, and some of his lower feats, he's only as durable as your average Asgardian. It's when he channels the Odinpower, that he becomes near Galactus level..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hard to judge. His very best? Hard to scale, but a Universe could be destroyed, and Odin shouldn't even be harmed based on his high end feats directly/indirectly. At least if he can reinforce it with energy.

Originally posted by cdtm
*Cleans glasses*

Not "How much of a dum**** is Odin." Because he's very lately.

Going by source books, and some of his lower feats, he's only as durable as your average Asgardian. It's when he channels the Odinpower, that he becomes near Galactus level..

The Odin Force is part of Odin's life essence, he can use it to amp obviously, but he doesn't walk around at average Asgardian levels, not even close. Odin for example has literally no sold powerful attacks from Thanos + Silver Surfer, Thor, Loki, Hela, Annihilus etc. all at his base without even noticing them. Those alone is something I find beings that not a lot of beings below Galactus can claim. Heimdall with a portion of the Odin Force no-sold an attack from Masterson is still my favorite.

Another crazy example is when Odin and Infinity were about to merge, the combined assault of Thor, Balder, Loki, Karnilla etc. just to knock him lose didn't even scratch Odin.

This scene isn't particularly relevant scene, but here is how a weakened Odin deals with Annihilus and should deal with any being below Thanos level even when significantly below his best:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus05.jpg

Complete and utter dismissal. Like an infant vs. an adult. That is my ideal scenario. But comics are inconsistent by nature, and tbh, the lengths writers use to go to, to excuse Odin were extreme. He was a regular cast member that could end any threat with a wave of his hand. Modern day writers are MUCH lazier with less editorial restraint. Which is why you get the showings Odin, Galactus, Spectre etc. have racked up in the last decade.

StyleTime
Originally posted by ghostman
what is odins durability level?
Exactly 1 unit of Odin.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by StyleTime
Exactly 1 unit of Odin.

How much does that make in Space Ants ?

riv6672
Pretty durable.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hard to judge. His very best? Hard to scale, but a Universe could be destroyed, and Odin shouldn't even be harmed based on his high end feats directly/indirectly. At least if he can reinforce it with energy.

The Odin Force is part of Odin's life essence, he can use it to amp obviously, but he doesn't walk around at average Asgardian levels, not even close. Odin for example has literally no sold powerful attacks from Thanos + Silver Surfer, Thor, Loki, Hela, Annihilus etc. all at his base without even noticing them. Those alone is something I find beings that not a lot of beings below Galactus can claim. Heimdall with a portion of the Odin Force no-sold an attack from Masterson is still my favorite.

Another crazy example is when Odin and Infinity were about to merge, the combined assault of Thor, Balder, Loki, Karnilla etc. just to knock him lose didn't even scratch Odin.

This scene isn't particularly relevant scene, but here is how a weakened Odin deals with Annihilus and should deal with any being below Thanos level even when significantly below his best:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus05.jpg

Complete and utter dismissal. Like an infant vs. an adult. That is my ideal scenario. But comics are inconsistent by nature, and tbh, the lengths writers use to go to, to excuse Odin were extreme. He was a regular cast member that could end any threat with a wave of his hand. Modern day writers are MUCH lazier with less editorial restraint. Which is why you get the showings Odin, Galactus, Spectre etc. have racked up in the last decade.

StyleTime
Originally posted by RealityWarper
How much does that make in Space Ants ?

10 metric Space Ants though.

Odin's pretty beastly.

abhilegend

laughing out loud

This one is still my favorite though.

https://s6.postimg.cc/g1yz7n0j5/image.jpg

https://s6.postimg.cc/sbdekjvch/image.jpg

https://s6.postimg.cc/vm6cy6anl/image.jpg

Under Defalco no less.

thumb up

h1a8
Against energy blasts? Very durable. Most likely able to withstand the Destroyer's DB for 10 seconds without any damage.

Against blunt force? Around high herald level (maybe a touch more).

Against cutting force? Around high meta or low herald (Thing level).

riv6672
haha

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
haha

Which one is funny?
Energy, Blunt force, or cutting?

leonidas
how durable is he? who's writing?

riv6672
Originally posted by h1a8
Which one is funny?
Energy, Blunt force, or cutting?
The lowballing in general.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

This one is still my favorite though.

https://s6.postimg.cc/g1yz7n0j5/image.jpg

https://s6.postimg.cc/sbdekjvch/image.jpg

https://s6.postimg.cc/vm6cy6anl/image.jpg

Under Defalco no less.

thumb up

Pretty telling that in a thread about how MUCH Odin can withstand, what is the strongest attack he COULD possibly take, you feel the need to post a scan, that you think makes Odin look bad and offers nothing to the discussion, completely unprompted. Doesn't just make you look petty, it makes you a troll. If I wasn't a strong believer in free speech, even for idiots, I'd report you. At some point this stops being entertaining and just counterproductive to discussions. Remove your avatar and this was basically the post of a sock/random troll account. If you want to post out of context scans, there are threads for that.

And pretty ironic, posting a scan of not ONLY a weakened Odin, but a weakened Odin who's body is POSSESSED by Loki's soul. Poison Ivy mind controlling Superman doesn't count.....Literally in the very scan you posted, it shows that even when physical bodies aren't in play, Odin's essence at the most fundamental level (Metaphysical and spiritual) is far superior to Loki.

You could put Odin in the body of a ten year old and Loki in Odin's body, I'd stil take Odin under writers like Simonson, DeFalco, Stan Lee etc.

riv6672
Pretty telling that in a thread about how MUCH Odin can withstand, what is the strongest attack he COULD possibly take, you feel the need to post a scan, that you think makes Odin look bad and offers nothing to the discussion, completely unprompted. Doesn't just make you look petty, it makes you a troll. If I wasn't a strong believer in free speech, even for idiots, I'd report you. At some point this stops being entertaining and just counterproductive to discussions. Remove your avatar and this was basically the post of a sock/random troll account. If you want to post out of context scans, there are threads for that.
Your post is going to fall on deaf ears (he doesnt care, the mods mostly dont, and so he just keeps doing it), but i get that you had to say it. thumb up

abhilegend

And pretty ironic, posting a scan of not ONLY a weakened Odin, but a weakened Odin who's body is POSSESSED by Loki's soul. Poison Ivy mind controlling Superman doesn't count.....Literally in the very scan you posted, it shows that even when physical bodies aren't in play, Odin's essence at the most fundamental level (Metaphysical and spiritual) is far superior to Loki.

You could put Odin in the body of a ten year old and Loki in Odin's body, I'd stil take Odin under writers like Simonson, DeFalco, Stan Lee etc.
facepalm

Your rant about how can someone post Odin's "durability" feats in a thread which asks how durable he is are amusing enough as it is.

Nobody said Loki had Odin's full power but neither did he in the Annihilus scene. You gotta take the good with the bad, it's how comics work.

h1a8
The lowballing in general.

In general Thor could affect Odin with hammer shots but not ko him. Jane made him bleed.

So he does have high Herald level blunt force durability.
Odin is somewhat resistant to cutting forces. Low Herald at best.
Odin has Skyfather level energy blast durability though.

Dareangel
he is not durable enough to stop a kick from Di Maria!!!!! who scored a goal for argentina

abhilegend

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

Your rant about how can someone post Odin's "durability" feats in a thread which asks how durable he is are amusing enough as it is.

Nobody said Loki had Odin's full power but neither did he in the Annihilus scene. You gotta take the good with the bad, it's how comics work.

Where is the durability feat there? Loki's soul in a weakened Odin's body getting knocked down by Masterson Thor with a laughing emoji? You posted something you thought was embarrassing, in a thread asking what is the STRONGEST attack Odin could POSSIBLY take. You added nothing to the conversation, and have derailed the thread. Specifically, you replied to me, in an attempt to get a reaction out of me or something. It is the definition of trolling.

No but neither did you say Odin WAS weakened or Loki was in Odin's body. Context was not provided, there was no attempt at any actual discussion.

For the record: Odin in a child's body vs. Loki in Odin's body under the classic writers such as Lee, DeFalco, Simonson would own Loki because Odin's very essence is infinitely greater than Loki's and is intrinsically tied to Asgard, the essence of Asgardian's, and the World Tree.

There are also different tiers of weakened. It's not a set dial of 40% or something.

Wonder Man
Probably more durable than Shadow King and Those who sit above in shadows

abhilegend
Where is the durability feat there? Loki's soul in a weakened Odin's body getting knocked down by Masterson Thor with a laughing emoji? You posted something you thought was embarrassing, in a thread asking what is the STRONGEST attack Odin could POSSIBLY take. You added nothing to the conversation, and have derailed the thread. Specifically, you replied to me, in an attempt to get a reaction out of me or something. It is the definition of trolling.

Odin had a black eye from the hammer shot. It's a pretty good durability feat seeing Masterson Thor was stripped of his strength by Karnilla.

OP did ask for Odin's durability level. Did you want everyone to just go by your word that Odin can just no sell Thor level beings?

That's never been true. One instance from Heimdall doesn't changes decades of comics.

Third scan has Mephisto literally saying Odin was weakened.

Did you even read it?

And yet, Masterson stunned Odin's body and gave him a shiny one like an abused girlfriend without his strength and where he was barely stronger than Sif.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin had a black eye from the hammer shot. It's a pretty good durability feat seeing Masterson Thor was stripped of his strength by Karnilla.

OP did ask for Odin's durability level. Did you want everyone to just go by your word that Odin can just no sell Thor level beings?

That's never been true. One instance from Heimdall doesn't changes decades of comics.

Third scan has Mephisto literally saying Odin was weakened.

Did you even read it?

And yet, Masterson stunned Odin's body and gave him a shiny one like an abused girlfriend without his strength and where he was barely stronger than Sif.

You think Odin getting a black eye from a weakened Thor (Mjolnir or no Mjolnir) is a good durability feat for the All-Father....?

That is why you posted it, because you believe it was a statement for Odin's durability? No one believes that.

I never said anything of that nature. The OP asked for the strongest possible attack Odin could take, I'm guessing to gauge the upper limits of his durability. I provided the best feats I could think off of the top of my head.

Masterson stunned LOKI in Odin's weakened body. HUGE difference.

Anyways, this is getting tedious. I'm not going to tell you what your intentions were with that post, it was pretty clear. Thanks for ruining another thread.

There can't be literally more than three posts of discussion, where you even THINK that someone other than Superman is getting some feedback that isn't negative before chiming in. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Your post is going to fall on deaf ears (he doesnt care, the mods mostly dont, and so he just keeps doing it), but i get that you had to say it. thumb up

Ya, it's really getting annoying. Kills discussion in every thread. I understand you have to leave room for disagreement, but the mods could at least TRY and keep foster conversation by telling posters to SFTU and not do the same dance in every.single.thread.

That includes me too.

abhilegend
You think Odin getting a black eye from a weakened Thor (Mjolnir or no Mjolnir) is a good durability feat for the All-Father....?

Yep, totally no sold it like the champ he is.

Just waiting how long it takes for you to figure it out.

Why not?

How is it different? Loki said he didn't have "full Odin power" but he did have majority of it after draining it from Heimdall.

laughing out loud

"Odin can totally no sell Thor level beings while weakened. It's true guyz, only recently it was changed due to editorial lack".

Who exactly are you trying to fool? Odin was never that durable.

riv6672

-Pr-
Guys, the point of "how much can they take" threads, is to show medium to high showings to build a case that a character can take X amount of punishment. This isn't an ownage thread. You don't post low showings, or out of context showings, and you DO NOT derail things.

Kindly stay on topic, please.

Wonder Man
Well he could take out a celestial

celeyhyga17
At some point this stops being entertaining and just counterproductive to discussions. Remove your avatar and this was basically the post of a sock/random troll account.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.