ROTS Obi Wan vs TPM Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordOfTheLight
The two great Jedi Masters take each other on. All out, morals on but fighting seriously. Fight takes place on the fields of Dantooine.

quanchi112
Windu wins.

Zentrex
Is this before or after Obi-Wan "lets go" in the fight with Anakin?

LordOfTheLight
Obi Wan is at his peak

quanchi112
Windu was on a higher level than Kenobi who was too weak to challenge Sidious. Windu defeated Sidious but was betrayed by Anakin.

Azronger
Obi-Wan

quanchi112
Fanboyism at its finest.

Zentrex
Legends Obi Wan wins this. Canon, probably Mace.

Trocity
Originally posted by Azronger
Obi-Wan

Darth Thor
Who knows how good Mace was as of TPM. But id still be inclined to choose him being the no.2 guy on the Council.

Its a fair question though. ROTS Kenobi is a severely underrated beast tbh.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Fanboyism at its finest.

Retardation at its finest.

quanchi112

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Retardation at its finest.

YousufKhan1212
Kenobi.

Kurk
Sabers only Kenobi wins; even against RotS Mace.

All Out Windu wins

Sheev
Aren't form 3 masters weak against form 7 masters?

Windu should win in sabers as well.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
Aren't form 3 masters weak against form 7 masters?

Windu should win in sabers as well. You're referencing this, I assume?

https://i.imgur.com/tAr72XN.jpg
-The Jedi Path

Sheev
Yes! Confirms that form 7 > form 3.

Windu wins.

Galan007
Not exactly.

While it does state that a Juyo master can breach the defenses of Soresu master, it also confirms that Juyo itself is not without its own inherent weaknesses.

Trocity
Originally posted by Sheev
Yes! Confirms that form 7 > form 3.

Windu wins.

Rahm Kota beats Kenobi in sabers. thumb up

Zentrex
Soresu is known to not have any weaknesses. I mean, Juyo defenitely stresses it the most, perhaps on par with Djem So, but the only "weakness" is that the user can't take advantage of the attacks Juyo usually leaves the user open to. But Soresu was never about attacking, always about defense, until one deadly opportunity comes up. So Mace doesn't necessarily take sabers.

Greysentinel365
The Jedi Path is a fallible in universe text written by Jedi who had outlawed the use of and likely never used Juyo to its fullest.

There is not a single example in the mythos of form VII miraculously giving an edge against a form III user of comparable skill.

I personally discount this entirely.

LordOfTheLight
By that logic, Obi Wan is above ROTS Mace in the force, since Soresu masters have the deepest connection to the force.

More to the point, Mace clearly thinks that Obi Wan can handle any form or style, including Vaapad which is a more lethal version of Juyo so it should not really matter for him. That is setting aside the fact that the quote also implies that Juyo can beat other forms more easily than Soresu but such generalizations hardly apply to the top tiers of SW that we see here. Else, Obi Wan is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, which we know is not true.

TheIndyJedi
Obi Wan, good fight though

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
The Jedi Path is a fallible in universe text written by Jedi who had outlawed the use of and likely never used Juyo to its fullest.

There is not a single example in the mythos of form VII miraculously giving an edge against a form III user of comparable skill.

I personally discount this entirely.
Why would a resentment for juyo cause writers to inflate juyo's value?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.