Rogol Zaar vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
All out battle to the death.

1. DOS Doomsday
2. Gog Wars Doomsday
3. Hunter Prey Doomsday

No BFR

Who wins?

xJLxKing
Hard to tell

For the most part, Superman hasn't really been fighting Rogol Zaar. We know this because as Superman said, the collateral damage to the city would have been bad had Superman and Rogol kept on figting.

However, in Man of Steel 5, Superman actually does get beat. In fact, like he does state, he wont win the his strength. It's hinting that Superman will need to throw him into Phantom Zone.

Yet, the last we saw of DD, Superman also had to resort to throwing DD to the Phantom Zone.

With all that said, I'm still leaning towards Doomsday winning ever fight. My reasoning is that we saw ever DD version you have listed Stoic, beating the JLA. Each one technically defeated Superman in more occasions.

We have yet to see the upper limits on Rogol. Yes, this is his debut, it wouldn't make sense that Superman automatically defeat him. It's obvious this guy is going to be used later by Bendis hence he needs to feel like a threat. I'm quite sure in the future, Superman will beat him physically.

All version of DD listed here defeat Rogol

riv6672

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hard to tell

For the most part, Superman hasn't really been fighting Rogol Zaar. We know this because as Superman said, the collateral damage to the city would have been bad had Superman and Rogol kept on figting.

However, in Man of Steel 5, Superman actually does get beat. In fact, like he does state, he wont win the his strength. It's hinting that Superman will need to throw him into Phantom Zone.

Yet, the last we saw of DD, Superman also had to resort to throwing DD to the Phantom Zone.

With all that said, I'm still leaning towards Doomsday winning ever fight. My reasoning is that we saw ever DD version you have listed Stoic, beating the JLA. Each one technically defeated Superman in more occasions.

We have yet to see the upper limits on Rogol. Yes, this is his debut, it wouldn't make sense that Superman automatically defeat him. It's obvious this guy is going to be used later by Bendis hence he needs to feel like a threat. I'm quite sure in the future, Superman will beat him physically.

All version of DD listed here defeat Rogol

I'm in general agreement. We also don't know whether Rogol's gear is especially effective against Kryptonians. It's not even clear whether Superman's inner monologue really means he doesn't feel he could win in a straight punch up, or whether he was alluding to the fact that he felt something more was going on and he needed to do more than just fight. I don't really know.

Finally, Superman is famous for not really knowing his limits, so even when he doesn't think he is powerful enough to win a fight, often it turns out he is.

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I'm in general agreement. We also don't know whether Rogol's gear is especially effective against Kryptonians. It's not even clear whether Superman's inner monologue really means he doesn't feel he could win in a straight punch up, or whether he was alluding to the fact that he felt something more was going on and he needed to do more than just fight. I don't really know.

Finally, Superman is famous for not really knowing his limits, so even when he doesn't think he is powerful enough to win a fight, often it turns out he is.
thumb up

cdtm
Despite Supermans claims to the contrary, he was holding his own with Rogol right up to the end.

Rogol had the upper hand, but it wasn't exactly a stomp.

Philosophía
Based on preview, Rogol is about to fight the whole Phantom Zone....including Doomsday.

You can see Doomsday in the left corner here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiTdIgPVMAALtHO.jpg

xJLxKing

DarkSaint85
If time is stopped inside the PZ (like Mon Els poisoning or whatever)....does that mean DD cannot evolve whilst there?

Philosophía

Stoic
Not sure if I read it correctly, but did Rogol trap the entire Earth in the Phantom Zone? He is slated to reappear very soon.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Stoic
Not sure if I read it correctly, but did Rogol trap the entire Earth in the Phantom Zone? He is slated to reappear very soon.
Apparently earth is in the PZ. Not sure why.. I don't think Rogal had much to do with it.... I don't see how.

Stoic
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Apparently earth is in the PZ. Not sure why.. I don't think Rogal had much to do with it.... I don't see how.

He may have had the ability to extend the effects of the Phantom Zone projector. Well that's the impression that I got the moment that I read it.

I have a feeling that Supergirl is going to either be severely hurt, or perhaps even killed Mortal Combat style.

Rogol is basically Jason Voorhees to Kal. It's like he's declared that there will be no escape from him, without saying much about it. Superman's attacks had no effect on Rogol imo.

xJLxKing

Stoic

One Big Mob
**** Rogol. I didn't think Bendis' pet character would be his gay OC character.

I know he's going to beat Doomsday, but he shouldn't based on anything shown so far.

Philosophía
Originally posted by One Big Mob

I know he's going to beat Doomsday, but he shouldn't based on anything shown so far. I didn't expect this to start so soon.

Hopefully Doomsday just stands there and doesn't get involved....

Parmaniac
thumb up

CosmicComet
Originally posted by One Big Mob

I know he's going to beat Doomsday, but he shouldn't based on anything shown so far.

I don't mind Rogol as a villain. He is a standard comic book alien character.

I thought Bendis would have created something truly atrocious from his experience at Hyper-Prog Marvel.

cdtm
They didn't fight, and doesn't look like they will. Doomsday was taken out of the Phantom Zone by Jor-El anyways.

I say Doomsday can beat him. Rogol is only "as" tough as Superman, while Doomsday is a half step above normally, and will eventually adapt up as the fight goes on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.