Is Dooku closer to Malgus or Valkorion in regards to Force power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CuckedCurry
How powerful is Dooku?

Kurk
IDK much about Valkorion, but Dooku is sure of a hell more powerful, skilled, and knowledgeable in the force than Malgus.

When I'm wanking Dooku to the max, I have him just a smidgen below Yoda in the force (So approximately Plagueis level).

In sabers, I'll hold Dooku as being the most skilled duelist in the SW mythos bar maybe Yoda and GM Luke. As an effective one-on-one duelist I hold him on the same level of TPM Palpatine.

So:

Force:

Sidious>Yoda>Dooku=Plagueis>Mace>Anakin>Kenobi=Malgus

Sabers:

GM Luke>Yoda>Sidious>Dooku>Mace=Anakin>Plagueis>TPM Maul>Malgus

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kurk
IDK much about Valkorion, but Dooku is sure of a hell more powerful, skilled, and knowledgeable in the force than Malgus.

When I'm wanking Dooku to the max, I have him just a smidgen below Yoda in the force (So approximately Plagueis level).

In sabers, I'll hold Dooku as being the most skilled duelist in the SW mythos bar maybe Yoda and GM Luke. As an effective one-on-one duelist I hold him on the same level of TPM Palpatine.

So:

Force:

Sidious>Yoda>Dooku=Plagueis>Mace>Anakin>Kenobi=Malgus

Sabers:

GM Luke>Yoda>Sidious>Dooku>Mace=Anakin>Plagueis>TPM Maul>Malgus

Dooku is Makashi's Kenobi.

Azronger
Dooku is closer to Failk. Might be above him.

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12

Kurk

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/3sGZLUp.jpg
-Fact Files v3 #78

DarthAnt66
v3? So, the Canon Fact Files?

Galan007
Indeed.

Azronger

One Big Mob
Somehow this confirms Snoke is the most powerful

Trocity
Malgus, obviously.

Zentrex

Haschwalth
Closer to Malgus clearly.

AncientPower
I mean you'd have to be massively out of touch to even consider Dooku being close to Valk.

DarthPlaguis12

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku is much closer to Malgus than to Valkorion.

Galan007
Originally posted by Azronger
**** Mind you, the source only confirms that Dooku's powers increased enough for Palpatine to take note of them and keep his guard up. It certainly does not imply that Dooku could actually challenge Palpatine one-on-one or whathaveyou.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus.

Valkorion will humiliate Count Dooku.

Zentrex

Kurk
Hell man, when Galan showed me that quote I lost my shit. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be wanking that shit like:

https://media.giphy.com/media/1msv1WK5tPsKuZWiLq/giphy.gif

victreebelvictr
Malgus by far. Dooku can not one shot a with close to darth revans skill ( darth marr)

victreebelvictr
Sith not with

Azronger
Originally posted by Galan007
Mind you, the source only confirms that Dooku's powers increased enough for Palpatine to take note of them and keep his guard up. It certainly does not imply that Dooku could actually challenge Palpatine one-on-one or whathaveyou.

Doesn't matter. It's Canon anyway.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Zentrex
If Valk is slightly below Yoda in power, then that puts him within the same tier as Dooku. Malgus on the other hand is nowhere near as powerful as Yoda.

What? What'd I do? I put a /s after the last one, right? In case you don't know, that's reddit's way of signalling sarcasm.
Also, I would love to know where Snoke said that he didn't want to battle Sidious. I'm not trying to be a smart mouth, like, seriously, please give me your sources, I want to know.
Revan Reborn is easily Yoda TIER.

Valkorion have vastly superior showings than Yoda.

MythLord
sick

Galan007
Doesn't matter. It's Canon anyway. ...What doesn't matter? confused

Azronger
...What doesn't matter? confused

It doesn't matter whether it places Dooku near Sheev since it's Canon, which I don't care for

Galan007
You may not prefer canon, but it still 'matters', lol.

As I said, the quote just tells us that Dooku's power grew during TCW, so Palpatine started monitoring him much closer(as Maul can corroborate, he's not a fan of potential 'rivals')... It certainly does not imply that Dooku could have legitimately challenged Palpatine, however. Just want to make that clear before others try to twist it. thumb up

Kurk
It doesn't matter whether it places Dooku near Sheev since it's Canon, which I don't care for "Evolve or Perish"

Rockydonovang
You may not prefer canon, but it still 'matters', lol.

Not in regards to legend characters like valk or malgus

Galan007
My post was not in reference to this one individual thread.

However, it was also stated in Legends that Dooku's power grew during TCW:
https://i.imgur.com/cHjhld1.jpg
-Fact Files v1 #116

So either way, Dooku was more powerful. /shrug

Zentrex
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Malgus by far. Dooku can not one shot a with close to darth revans skill ( darth marr)

Fair, but Valk's not more powerful than Yoda, who Dooku is close to in terms of power.

Dooku's defenitely weaker than Valkorion, and he certainly couldn't one shot Mace, Revan, or Marr, all of which are his rough equals, but he's closer to Valk than DE Sidious, who's far more powerful than Yoda.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revan Reborn is easily Yoda TIER.

Valkorion have vastly superior showings than Yoda.
Valk's showings are superior because he uses the force for attack and destruction, which is more quantifyable than using it for knowledge and defense, as Yoda does. But Yoda's hype pretty solidly puts him above Valkorion. Also, the fact that he was the unquestionable master of the Jedi at the height of the Jedi order + the fact that he was the grandmaster for close to a thousand years.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Zentrex
Valk's showings are superior because he uses the force for attack and destruction, which is more quantifyable than using it for knowledge and defense, as Yoda does. But Yoda's hype pretty solidly puts him above Valkorion. Also, the fact that he was the unquestionable master of the Jedi at the height of the Jedi order + the fact that he was the grandmaster for close to a thousand years.
I see your point but you are giving too much weightage to sheer hype of a character which is not wise:

"I don't know for sure but I would imagine that there are no hard and fast lists about which Sith are the most powerful. "Most Powerful" would have lots of different variables to take into account. So it may be best to say that he was simply amongst the most powerful Sith along with Sidious and whoever else there may be. If you definitively say that one Sith was the most powerful then by definition any others that you create in the EU must be inferior so I doubt the continuity people make such absolutes about the powerfulness of the characters." - Leland Chee

Hype is a useful method to establish superiority of a character over others but one must watch out for outliers in an ever-expanding lore. Valkorion is an outlier by virtue of his evolution, sheer hype and showings.

Valkorion was able to replicate destructive power of superweapon Zildrog on Ziost, and he was preventing recovery of his homeworld Medriaas all along. A Republic fleet failed to stop him on Zioat. In-fact, entire Jedi Order and/or Sith Order of the time failed to save Ziost.

There are numerous ways to assess power of Valkorion including via scaling from other characters.

PT era Jedi Order hype is also contested in the lore: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/knights-of-the-old-republic-era-is-the-prime-of-th/95277/

Disney's hype of Yoda is reasonable: https://www.starwars.com/databank/yoda

Yoda is stronger than most but not necessarily Valkorion TIER or even close.

Zentrex
^ Hype is a shaky way to measure things, but Valkorion's feats can be attributed to sorcery and rituals/power enhancement. That and he has dark side eltrich powers like force drain. So we kind of have to rely on scaling based on either hype or the same kinds of feats, like telekinesis, in which case Valkorion doesn't seem to be more impressive than Yoda.

I can believe Valkorion being slightly above Yoda, I don't think that that's the case, but I can see the argument for it. But Yoda being nowhere close to Valk? That's a little far.

DarthPlaguis12

victreebelvictr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.