Hank Henshaw vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

panthergod
?

DarkSaint85
Thanos wins this

AbelAnderson
Thanos,Cyborg Superman is inconsistent.

Wheeler
Thanos comfortably.

panthergod
Thanos is a cyborg.

But he beats Henshaw eh..?

Delta1938
Originally posted by panthergod
Thanos is a cyborg.

Was he still one after Death resurrected him? Or maybe he became one again.

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
Was he still one after Death resurrected him? Or maybe he became one again.

He did not. That was pre-death Thanos that augmented himself via bionics and mysticism. That was a much weaker Thanos than the one that we see today.

The later versions amp himself with mysticism, and cosmic powers, aside from getting several boosts from death along the way. In the future according to the Infinity Siblings story line, he finds a way to become an amalgamation of both Death and Eternity.

Insane Titan
Thanos is no cyborg, Panthergod is clueless and desperate

panthergod
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos is no cyborg, Panthergod is clueless and desperate

So Starlin is a liar now..? Prove that claim.

Stoic
So Starlin is a liar now..? Prove that claim.

Well for one in his latest series he lost a ton of power and was subsequently drawn into a fight with a giant alien rat creature that bit and broke his arm. If his bones were still titanium this probably wouldn't have happened.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos is a cyborg.

Wtf?

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

xJLxKing
Thanos

Not really close at all

Delta1938

Stoic
Thanos is a cyborg.

So the premise of this thread was for it to be a spite thread? I can only pray that this is being noted by Bada and -Pr-, because Bazie was your nemesis and you got off clean.

Actually those implants would make him a cyborg(assuming he still has them). Cyborg-Superman's technopathy did more than just control technology, he was reforming things and controlling them like matter manipulation, like when he took over Steel's original armor and actually was compressing it to crush John Henry. He also did similar to pieces of The Source Wall, but it took him a while (months I think), and both him being trapped in it and the Godwave damaging it(he was controlling pieces broken off due to the Godwave getting closer) probably were factors, but worth noting. I have no idea if Thanos still has the implants, but there's more to Cy's control of technology than it being like he hacked it.

Tyrant is an extremely high Technopath as well, why didn't he attempt to do any of that? maybe it depends on the particular writer? If Thanos isn't a Cyborg, he'd beat him with ease. If he is, then he probably gets hacked, but then again what type of brain does Henshaw have, because Thanos is a telepath. I mean if we're going to pull these kinds of shenanigans.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Stoic
Tyrant is an extremely high Technopath as well, why didn't he attempt to do any of that? maybe it depends on the particular writer? If Thanos isn't a Cyborg, he'd beat him with ease. If he is, then he probably gets hacked, but then again what type of brain does Henshaw have, because Thanos is a telepath. I mean if we're going to pull these kinds of shenanigans.

Defensive.

Stoic
Defensive.

Is that a question? I don't know how you are using the term "Defensive" in this case. Would you be able to elaborate?

Delta1938
Is that a question? I don't know how you are using the term "Defensive" in this case. Would you be able to elaborate?

I was referring to you, calling me explaining his power(not making an argument) "shenanigans."

Insane Titan

Stoic
I was referring to you, calling me explaining his power(not making an argument) "shenanigans."

Wasn't aimed at you.

panthergod
He did not. That was pre-death Thanos that augmented himself via bionics and mysticism. That was a much weaker Thanos than the one that we see today.

Even if this is true...So what?

Irrelevant to this thread.

panthergod
So the premise of this thread was for it to be a spite thread? I can only pray that this is being noted by Bada and -Pr-, because Bazie was your nemesis and you got off clean.

Either answer the question I asked and stick to the subject or don't respond to this thread again. your transparent troll baiting is pathetic.

Not sure. Tyrant is NOTHING compared to Henshaw as a technopath, so his tactical and/or power limitations have nothing to do with Henshaw's.

Delta1938

Stoic
The later versions amp himself with mysticism, and cosmic powers, aside from getting several boosts from death along the way.

Extremely relevant to the topic.

Even if it's true... So what?

There's a difference when asking a question without clearly defining any stipulations and leaving a"?" as the opening post. But then Your intent becomes clear. You clearly created what your mind believed to be a spite thread, likely even baiting certain posters, which judging by your history here would quickly devolve into a flame war.

You and Bazie were cut from the same stone, you're just a little better at doing what you do than he was.

Stoic
Defensive.

Best to go back and re-read my post. I answered you, while also making a comment directed to the OP. I just told you that it wasn't aimed at you. Am I right? Okay then.

panthergod
The later versions amp himself with mysticism, and cosmic powers, aside from getting several boosts from death along the way.

Extremely relevant to the topic.

The only answer to the question of 'is Thanos a cyborg" is 'yes' or 'no'.

The answer is yes.

Anything past that is a transparent deflection/obfuscation.

I don't care what your view on what the difference is.

say your view and back up your reasoning. that's it. anything past that is trolling.

I posted this thread because I'm interested in the topic, not that I in any way answer to you. I don't give a sh*t about your hilariously resentful pseudo-telepathic abilties based in transparent fanboyism, Miss Cleo.

I said stick to the subject of this thread and stop trolling or don't post in my thread again. I meant it.

This is your second warning.

RealityWarper
The difference in power is too high.

Thanos one-shot the Superman expy in one punch.

Delta1938
Best to go back and re-read my post. I answered you, while also making a comment directed to the OP. I just told you that it wasn't aimed at you. Am I right? Okay then.

I just reread it. Everything I quoted and went "defensive" to was one paragraph right after the quote of me. Mixed in a response to Panther in? I'm not even sure what you were replying to me about if you mixed up the responses (happens).

One Big Mob
We've seen current Thanos' bones 2-3 times and there wasn't a hint of exploitable tech going on

MrMind

There's a difference when asking a question without clearly defining any stipulations and leaving a"?" as the opening post. But then Your intent becomes clear. You clearly created what your mind believed to be a spite thread, likely even baiting certain posters, which judging by your history here would quickly devolve into a flame war.

You and Bazie were cut from the same stone, you're just a little better at doing what you do than he was.

you are such a annoying little rat, how is this a spite thread if you marvel fanboys are claiming thanos win, most of the people here in fact have picked thanos. or is it because henshaw might be able to beat thanos because of the cyborg arm so you are butthurt? need a tissue?

dude you are stupid as fuk, going in every thread trying to challenge posters and then get put into your place. maybe forum isn't your thing if your fragile little heart want to result every thread you dont like into "wahhh spite thread, wahhh flame war, wahhhh wahh"

Insane Titan

Eon Blue
Thanos wins.

leonidas
if there were any support that thanos still had implants, this could be more interesting. i'd still take thanos--tp would completely eff borg over. if he doesn't have the implant thanos totally fuqs his sh!t up.

the Darkone
Originally posted by leonidas
if there were any support that thanos still had implants, this could be more interesting. i'd still take thanos--tp would completely eff borg over. if he doesn't have the implant thanos totally fuqs his sh!t up.

he no longer has them, when death resurrect him the first time she replace is artificial implants with natural enhancement. His second Resurrection made him more powerful than before.

panthergod
So KNOWN cyborg Thanos doesnt also use numerous tech normally now? Like his forcefield?

the Darkone
So KNOWN cyborg Thanos doesnt also use numerous tech normally now? Like his forcefield?
He use tech but its not apart of him, he is Eternal by nature he can teleport if he wants but its uncomfortable to and other eternals. Thanos force field is tech and his own power, depending on the circumstances.

Faceless808
Originally posted by leonidas

Didn't Henshaw roam the universe in an ethereal form? I remember reading an issue that had his history showing that. If so, wouldn't that mean Henshaw does NOT have a brain to exploit? Unless all you need is a consciousness to be affected by TP.

Insane Titan
So KNOWN cyborg Thanos doesnt also use numerous tech normally now? Like his forcefield? He can and does use his own power to create forcefields as well as tech. laughing out loud keep reaching though.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Faceless808
Didn't Henshaw roam the universe in an ethereal form? I remember reading an issue that had his history showing that. If so, wouldn't that mean Henshaw does NOT have a brain to exploit? Unless all you need is a consciousness to be affected by TP.

He physically died and ended up as an energy being, not sure how telepathy would work on him because of that. Don't know if it's ever been used on him.

Faceless808
He physically died and ended up as an energy being, not sure how telepathy would work on him because of that. Don't know if it's ever been used on him.

Wasn't that like his origin, how he became Cyborg Superman? You're right about him being an energy being. I forgot about that.

Delta1938
Wasn't that like his origin, how he became Cyborg Superman? You're right about him being an energy being. I forgot about that.

Well becoming Cyborg-Superman was later. The origin was an homage to the Fantastic Four (Cy even notes the similarities to Reed I think, maybe Sue, in SUPERMAN/FANTASTIC FOUR), and I think he disappeared a while after that storyline he debuted in. Only to be brought back later as Cyborg-Superman and him making the cloned body because being in Superman's birthing matrix gave him Kryptonian technologies and Superman's DNA.

DarkSaint85
Can't Thanos just BFR Hank like he did with Glads?

Damborgson
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-47815c1c651c1bf21bec018123aa25f6

GG

Faceless808
Well becoming Cyborg-Superman was later. The origin was an homage to the Fantastic Four (Cy even notes the similarities to Reed I think, maybe Sue, in SUPERMAN/FANTASTIC FOUR), and I think he disappeared a while after that storyline he debuted in. Only to be brought back later as Cyborg-Superman and him making the cloned body because being in Superman's birthing matrix gave him Kryptonian technologies and Superman's DNA.

Maybe it was after the DOS when the 4 Supermen appeared that I read that. I didn't read the crossover. I remember the part about the birthing matrix. Thanks, Delta!

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Can't Thanos just BFR Hank like he did with Glads?

Originally posted by Damborgson
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-47815c1c651c1bf21bec018123aa25f6

GG

This looks like the worst thing Thanos could do in this fight.

Maybe it was after the DOS when the 4 Supermen appeared that I read that. I didn't read the crossover. I remember the part about the birthing matrix. Thanks, Delta!

He did come back as Cyborg-Superman during REIGN OF TGE SUPERMEN. Don't know if he appeared again between leaving Earth in the birthing matrix and that. You're welcome!!

DarkSaint85
Why?

Delta1938
Why?

Thanos is sitting in something Cy can not just control but reshape. At least in that instance, he had to have Gladiator go through it. I don't see Cy doing the same thing as Gladiator, but using the chair against Thanos.

DarkSaint85
I saw that as Glads attempting to blitz Thanos with his speed, hence the portal.

Thanos has also just teleported like Nightcrawler does, i.e. No use of portals to step through.

Main thing to point out is he out reacted a ready to fight Glads who was bullrushing him, and am sure we have all seen the testaments to his speed.

Delta1938
I saw that as Glads attempting to blitz Thanos with his speed, hence the portal.

Thanos has also just teleported like Nightcrawler does, i.e. No use of portals to step through.

Main thing to point out is he out reacted a ready to fight Glads who was bullrushing him, and am sure we have all seen the testaments to his speed.

And this tactic was against someone who Thanos predicted what he'd do that all can't control technology like Cy.

DarkSaint85
And this tactic was against someone who Thanos predicted what he'd do that all can't control technology like Cy.

This is what I was referring to (i.e. no portal needed):

https://m.imgur.com/a/1s0Rp

It wasn't about predictions....it was Thanos simply sending him away.

Common knowledge means he knows pretty much who Cyborg Superman is. We've seen that in character, Thanos prefers to take the easy way out...

Philosophía
"Teleportation system"

"tech"

"Techn"

"Technopath"

Delta1938
This is what I was referring to (i.e. no portal needed):

https://m.imgur.com/a/1s0Rp

It wasn't about predictions....it was Thanos simply sending him away.

Common knowledge means he knows pretty much who Cyborg Superman is. We've seen that in character, Thanos prefers to take the easy way out...

So the argument is he's going to teleport Cy away, based on common knowledge, and him using a screen teleporter in one example, and off pannel(so target unaware) teleported someone else, against someone who is fighting, would act differently than Gladiator, and can control that very tech Thanos has.

DarkSaint85
Agreed.

But speed.

Don't forget, he's done it to Xavier (whose powers work at the speed of thought!! Lol) and Gladiator (who can cross light-years in the blink of a God's butthole or whatever).

So match starts, he could just BFR him away before he gets a chance to control the tech.

DarkSaint85
So the argument is he's going to teleport Cy away, based on common knowledge, and him using a screen teleporter in one example, and off pannel(so target unaware) teleported someone else, against someone who is fighting, would act differently than Gladiator, and can control that very tech Thanos has.

Basically.

My point being he doesn't throw down in every fight (as seen with Hulk and Glads), has the means to do it, and knows Hank is phucking powerful AND can control tech (like his).

If he were smart at all, he'd BFR him. Like he's done against a speeding Gladiator.

Delta1938
Agreed.

But speed.

Don't forget, he's done it to Xavier (whose powers work at the speed of thought!! Lol) and Gladiator (who can cross light-years in the blink of a God's butthole or whatever).

So match starts, he could just BFR him away before he gets a chance to control the tech.

So because he did it to someone who acted different than Cy would, and did it to an unaware Xavier. Makes perfect sense.

Philosophía
Agreed.

But speed.

Xavier's synapses are the same as everybody else's.

And it's not like the old cripple would be able to do anything about it, except take it.

Gladiator is dumb. The moment he saw that big-ass portal, he should have stopped. Guess he can't react at the speed he flies!

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85
And again to Surfer and Spidey:
https://m.imgur.com/pdrXcS4

Philosophía
https://m.imgur.com/pdrXcS4 thumb up

If he's doing it with tech, Cyborg Superman thinks faster, so if anything he'd be the one teleporting Thanos away, imo.

Delta1938
https://m.imgur.com/pdrXcS4

Talking to two opponents just standing there, not fighting, unable to control his technology, against someone who would and can control it and is here to fight. DarkSaint, are you low-key arguing for Cyborg-Superman?

DarkSaint85
My point is still that he is able to take people by surprise and BFR them.

Surfer too can do a whole laundry list of things. Spiderman has some of the best reactions in comics. Surfer too has some speed feats. Yet, no reaction. Not even a 'Hey!'

Am not debating Hank being able to take control of his tech. 10,000% agree with that.

I am saying Thanos is fast enough to BFR someone before they can react, and who I think is smart enough to do so before Hank gets a chance to control his tech.

Delta1938
Yet your scans have had the opposite effect.....

Philosophía
I am saying Thanos is fast enough to BFR someone before they can react, and who I think is smart enough to do so before Hank gets a chance to control his tech. Henshaw can sense tech, the rest cannot!!

By the time they see themselves teleported, they can't do shit about it. Hank would never let it get to that point.

Bow before him.

https://breakfastwithspock.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cyborg_superman_comic_wp_by_superman8193.jpg

DarkSaint85
He BFRd several people, two of whom have speed feats in the same ball park as Hank (we can debate that later lol, but I'm saying he managed to take them by surprise) and one who has precog.

He's also known for avoiding fights where he can help it.

He'll also know that Hank can control tech, has Super level stats, and is willing to kill.

Match starts, he'll teleport Hank away.

Now, Phildo says he can sense tech. Sure, that's ok. How quickly does he hack? A in, match starts, one side goes for the teleport, and Hank.....hacks? Can he do it in time? That's all I ask. The others weren't able to do anything in time, even change course or cry out or blast or whatever.

Delta1938
He BFRd several people, two of whom have speed feats in the same ball park as Hank (we can debate that later lol, but I'm saying he managed to take them by surprise) and one who has precog.

He'll also know that Hank can control tech, has Super level stats, and is willing to kill.

Now, Phildo says he can sense tech. Sure, that's ok. How quickly does he hack? A in, match starts, one side goes for the teleport, and Hank.....hacks? Can he do it in time? That's all I ask. The others weren't able to do anything in time, even change course or cry out or blast or whatever.

Gladiator getting BFRed the way he did doesn't help your case, like Phil said, either he flew faster than he could react, or was pretty dumb, and that would be a hard sell to use that against Cy(arguing likely of trying the BFR tactic is another thing), and you're showing scans of people just standing around while Thanos teleports them. Maybe it actually is a speed feat, maybe it's comics making them idiots because comics. Really only the Spider-Man argument is valid at all that I can see, and that's for someone who should still be slower than Cy, and can't control technology like Cy can, and isn't actually fighting.

And in almost every case I can remember (except Source Wall, and an early appearance before revealing himself, but that looked to be an act to get the President's trust) it's been pretty much he thinks and controls it. He's done it from a distance away on Engine City(so maybe even further than the starting distance, and to something he couldn't even see due to everything between them).

Philosophía

Now, Phildo says he can sense tech. Sure, that's ok. How quickly does he hack? A in, match starts, one side goes for the teleport, and Hank.....hacks? Can he do it in time? That's all I ask. The others weren't able to do anything in time, even change course or cry out or blast or whatever. Spiderman having pre-cognition is...useless, as Thanos just teleported him away. And even if he had sensed it coming, unless he has a Spider-Jammer, he couldn't have done anything. Even if we assume equal speed between Spiderman and Hank , that doesn't change the fact that he's a technopath, against technology, and they're not. They can't even see the command being given - Hank can. They can't override the command - Hank can.

Well, if we give Thanos the benefit of the doubt that, exactly the moment the bell starts, he uses his tech to BFR Hank, do we treat Hank to the same standard and say that he, at the very least, jams the tech? Hank gets knowledge of the fact that Thanos has tech, too, no?

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85

Philosophía
Then he should at least have the reflex feats for that.

Plus, as IT said, he did it with a handwave. No tech that I could see. I was talking in the context of equal speed, for everybody.

If it comes to that, Cyborg Superman is equal to Superman in speed, as you well know!

Even 1/1000,000 of Superman's reaction time would, mathematically, be above the rest by a considerable margin.

It's murky with Thanos and tech, especially since it's specific that he uses tech in some showings.

If he can teleport due to his biological traits, then he BFR's at the start. As long as he can lock in and teleport a moving person, without him having to go through a portal right in front of him, like Gladtard!

Parmaniac
Spider-Man's lack of a Spider-Sense is easily explained, Thanos simply is no threat to Spider-Man.

DarkSaint85

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Spider-Man's lack of a Spider-Sense is easily explained, Thanos simply is no threat to Spider-Man.

That's not how SS works smile

Just ask MJ w/ a pillow.

Insane Titan
Thanos teleported Champion under his own power too. Iirc Chsmpion was advancing to attack Thanos

Philosophía
He did it to Surfer too! Who at least realises theres a portal....

https://m.imgur.com/a/Ewj6e lol

It's like Marvel chars are a car without a wheel.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos teleported Champion under his own power too. Iirc Chsmpion was advancing to attack Thanos This one?

http://i.imgur.com/6589kFS.jpg

panthergod

Stoic
It's even more of a stomp these days. Thanos has become a supreme being.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Wtf? laughing out loud

He has no clue who Thanos is. Only thing he knows is that he believes Henshaw wins. Facts are ignored.

panthergod
It's even more of a stomp these days. Thanos has become a supreme being.

..and Henshaw has a Phantom ring.

Thanos gets mudstomped.

Stoic
Who gives a shit about his Phantom Ring? Thanos would walk right up to him and make him give him the ring, he would then proceed to bend over and receive the foot in the metal ass.

And Lol at a Ring being more powerful than the most powerful being in Marvel. Do you think before typing?

panthergod
Who gives a shit about his Phantom Ring? Thanos would walk right up to him and make him give him the ring, he would then proceed to bend over and receive the foot in the metal ass.

And Lol at a Ring being more powerful than the most powerful being in Marvel. Do you think before typing?

I'm not interested in your laughable fantasies, kid.

Henshaw utterly destroys Thanos, as he's FAR more powerful. Makes Thanos his pussy chined servant.

Cry about that fact.

One Big Mob
This is the first thread I've ever seen Dark legit try to defend a Marvel character against a DC one with his usual "loophole" stuff. And against Phildo too. VERY STRANGE

DarkSaint85
Did you miss my Fantomex and Aquarian thread then?

Silly q, course you did!

One Big Mob
Did I miss those 2 unique instances spread out through almost a decade?!?

carver9
Big Mob, your BZ thread, can you send me the link. I cant find it.

DarkSaint85
They weren't unique though? I kinda had a whole crush on Wundarr and Fantomex for a while. So every time those two came up, or the opportunity came to use them, I would.

There was also my Black Panther era. Even had a little Cyclops as a h2h combatant era.

Lol look, I get it, you went off me ever since I said I likes h1s posts. Prior to that, you were all chummy and we were swapping fitness tips. We can get back to how we once were!

@Carv: I'm the host

One Big Mob
The Anvil vs Mr Mind

I think my work here is done. Carver remember what you saw here today. Tell your brother John Anvils

MrMind
They weren't unique though? I kinda had a whole crush on Wundarr and Fantomex for a while. So every time those two came up, or the opportunity came to use them, I would.

There was also my Black Panther era. Even had a little Cyclops as a h2h combatant era.

Lol look, I get it, you went off me ever since I said I likes h1s posts. Prior to that, you were all chummy and we were swapping fitness tips. We can get back to how we once were!

@Carv: I'm the host

you still have one verdict to post DS

UKnowDaTruth

TheHulkster
Tyrant is NOTHING compared to Henshaw as a technopath, so his tactical and/or power limitations have nothing to do with Henshaw's.

Tyrant uses his technopathy to defeat Galactus.

https://i.imgur.com/lPmjtBn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/lPmjtBn_d.jpg

We know what Galactus would do to Henshaw.

carver9
Originally posted by One Big Mob
The Anvil vs Mr Mind

I think my work here is done. Carver remember what you saw here today. Tell your brother John Anvils

Done reading through it. laughing out loud

So you used my arguments through most of the thread? Hilarious and it was fun to read. Funny guy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.