United States vs. Roman Empire - who would win?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Who would win in an all-out war

This is the classic western roman empire at its peak

Say their countries are put together, handwaving disease, shock value, geographical displacement effects, etc.

SquallX
How?!

ArtificialGlory
The one with the modern military.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Say their countries are put together, handwaving disease, shock value, geographical displacement effects, etc. Ellimist what were you thinking? Please expand, this thread surely must have more to it than it appears to have.

The Ellimist
nah

Surtur
We have guns, bombs, jets, tanks, etc.

We would slaughter them.

The Ellimist
interesting

Surtur
You already knew this. I take it someone tried to say the Roman Empire could defeat us?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
You already knew this. I take it someone tried to say the Roman Empire could defeat us?

Maybe Early Colonial U.S .

Silent Master
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Maybe Early Colonial U.S .

Nope, even they had guns and canons.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Silent Master

Yeah but the Romans could possibly win via shear numbers. And they had War Elephants!

Ursumeles
Romans mid-diff.

Playmaker
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Say their countries are put together, handwaving disease, shock value, geographical displacement effects, etc.

...the United States has tanks, guns, airplanes, naval warships, nukes, computers, satellite vs. Roman Empire with spears and arrows and horses.

Seriously?

Kurk
Ell is too smart for this. He has an ulterior motive in mind.

Silent Master
War Elephants, otherwise known as dinner.

Surtur
It'd be funny to drop napalm on them.

BackFire
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The one with the modern military.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Romans mid-diff. america is not what it used to be

SquallX
Originally posted by Beniboybling
america is not what it used to be

Most first world country are not what they once were.

Flyattractor
Yeah. The U.S really needs to cut off the parasite countries like the Vast Majority of EU from our Teat. Let them starve to death due to their own stupidity. Countries like the Land Of U.K.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. The U.S really needs to cut off the parasite countries like the Vast Majority of EU from out Teat. Let them starve to death due to their own stupidity. Countries like the Land Of U.K. embarrasment

The Ellimist
America wins

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
embarrasment

No More Fee MuricaMilk for you Wannabe Commie CryBabies!

darthgoober
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yeah but they could actually still have some problems. It's not like the indians didn't give them issues from time to time. That's not to say that Rome would actually win, but I could see the colonist taking some fairly serious casualties by the end of it

Silent Master
I suppose sheer numbers might win them the day against the early Colonial U.S., but the causalities would likely be around a few hundred to one.

Robtard
Thread is giving me that deja vu thing. Pretty sure a similar thread was had before.

The Ellimist
The early colonial US still fielded an army comparable in size to the Roman Empire's IIRC

DarthSkywalker0
This is another genius thread my Member Ellimist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.