Black Widow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Marvel hired a director and time period has been set...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-widow-movie-be-directed-by-cate-shortland-1126708

Surtur
Eh, I'll pass. I like her better as a side character.

And why do I get the feeling this movie will be very cringeworthy?

Flyattractor
Good thing She aint doing that Transgender Man Movie now.
She is totally free to do this now.

SpaceMonkey
This may be Marvel's first flop. I don't think they should wedge in a movie for her when she's a good side character.

Emperordmb
I could see it working better if they did like a Black Widow Hawkeye duo movie, seeing as Hawkeye himself doesn't have a movie of his own, and given the relationship and history between the two characters.

roughrider
Anything the MCU produces has my curiosity and attention. It's a chance to broaden out their history in a different direction.

steverules_2

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by roughrider
Anything the MCU produces has my curiosity and attention. It's a chance to broaden out their history in a different direction.

thumb up

tkitna
Marvels doing it so of course it'll be good.

Josh_Alexander
Interesting!!!

A new appraoch to movies by Marvel!

We could do well a 'James Bond' or 'Bourne' type of film!!

Am in!!!

Kazenji
Hope the movie does well

can't say the same for her various solo comic series that she's had, They don't usually last long.

Impediment
Maybe Daredevil could be integrated into the MCU via this film since Natasha and Matt have history in the comics.

I can hope.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Good thing She aint doing that Transgender Man Movie now.
She is totally free to do this now.

I just hope Scarlett is truly Russian. Otherwise they need to cast someone else as Black Widow.

Surtur
Okay close call, from wiki:

"Scarlett's mother, Melanie Sloan, a producer, comes from an Ashkenazi Jewish family, from Poland and Russia"

Thank god.

Wait does she truly have assassin skills?

Otherwise we need to hire a real life former russian assassin who has been sterilized. I realize this is quite specific criteria, but in the name of diversity...

Flyattractor
Maybe we can get a movie about how Black Widow is a secret Trump Supporeter...cause Russian...

steverules_2
There's a trailer for it already shifty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_5KgpN38hM

Flyattractor
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
This may be Marvel's first flop. I don't think they should wedge in a movie for her when she's a good side character.

Probably a toss up between this and its upcoming Cap Marvel Movie.

SpaceMonkey
Probably a toss up between this and its upcoming Cap Marvel Movie.

Doubt that.

Surtur
When do we sterilize her? I wouldn't want her role to not be authentic. Can't have that. Then it'd almost be like people are actors.

Transgender folk are mad she gets paid to do what they do: pretend smile

Kazenji
Mission Impossible: Fallout Cinematographer has been hired

https://screenrant.com/black-widow-movie-cinematographer/

HulkIsHulk
Never gonna happen evil face

Kazenji
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Never gonna happen evil face

Actually there is movement on it, If you've been following it.

BrolyBlack

Flyattractor
Aquaman's Mera is Hotter then Black Widow.

Kazenji
Some photos's from the set, People seem to think it's Taskmaster.......looks more like Darkhawk to me

https://hypebeast.com/2019/6/black-widow-on-set-photos-taskmaster-scarlett-johansson

TheVaultDweller
I've actually wondered when they were planning on setting this. Because Cap did eventually return the Soul Stone to when it was taken, so would that actually enable her possible return to the main continuity, with kind of a trade back or something?

DeadpoolXXX
oh cool. a movie about the one avenger that no one gives a shit about.

this is going to be like a shittier Solo....except people actually liked han solo as a character

Arachnid1
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX

this is going to be like a shittier Solo....except people actually liked han solo as a character I like her. Widow is more interesting than Captain Marvel and Scott Lang Ant Man/Wasp who have their own movies. She's also more interesting than half the other Avengers who don't like Vision, Scarlet Witch, War Machine or Nebula. Her solo movie could make for a pretty kick ass spy movie. She should have had a solo movie long before her death IMO. She never got fleshed out enough and killing her off in Endgame was a waste.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. While something good can still come of this, kinda feels 10 years too late in hindsight; she should've been had a movie, not as an afterthought following her sendoff in End Game.

Kazenji
No doubt it'll be a prequel movie trilogy.

carthage

Darth Thor
^ There must be a third film next year.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ There must be a third film next year.

Suppose to be New Mutants unless they've changed the date again.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Suppose to be New Mutants unless they've changed the date again.

I recall you mentioning it wasn't going to make the big screen & possibly be dumped on HBO or some other pay per view platform...?

Kazenji
Disney changed their mind and said it'll get it's theatrical release at cinemaCon this year.

Surtur
Still not enthused for this movie. Still feel she is better as a side character.

CaveDude33211
Maybe we can get a movie about how Black Widow is a secret Trump Supporeter...cause Russian...

Or more accurately Black Widow is a secret Hillary Clinton supporter that funds Hillary Clinton with the 400 Million Dollars she got from Russia for her presidential campaign...cause Russian...

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX

this is going to be like a shittier Solo....except people actually liked han solo as a character

She's hotter than Han Solo, though.

They throw in a topless scene - and we got ourselves a movie. smile

Flyattractor
Well..This Looks Good!

rxquu_BCeaE.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/ROHW/wayne-s-world/image.jpg

Kazenji
Trust Fly to post bs like that.

Flyattractor
You didn't watch the Vid so you are Talking out of a Certain hole.

...Its Not a Nice Hole!

BruceSkywalker
Well..This Looks Good!

rxquu_BCeaE.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/ROHW/wayne-s-world/image.jpg

yea no need to watch this.. i already know its worthless drivel

Darth Thor
Geeks and Gamers are racist and sexist shits.

Either that or they are geniuses pretending to be racist and sexist to massively boost their views and subscriptions.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yea no need to watch this.. i already know its worthless drivel

The Same Thing can be said about Brucie too.

Either that or they are geniuses pretending to be racist and sexist to massively boost their views and subscriptions.

....and Darth Thor Too.

..well not the Genius Part... That CAN NOT Be Said at all.

Flyattractor
More Vid Proof of what the ACTUAL DIRECTOR of the BW Movie is ACTUALLY Saying...

f559TxyP0Bw

It is Sad that People like Brucie can't take off their Hate Filled Bias Goggles and just Accept the Facts of Reality.

Poor Little MCU CuckFlake.

BruceSkywalker
More Vid Proof of what the ACTUAL DIRECTOR of the BW Movie is ACTUALLY Saying...

f559TxyP0Bw

It is Sad that People like Brucie can't take off their Hate Filled Bias Goggles and just Accept the Facts of Reality.

Poor Little MCU CuckFlake.

wow moron, thats not video proof.. you are very very gullible

StiltmanFTW
Ignore him.

-Pr-
As good as the MCU movies can be, I've gotten the distinct impression that they're incredibly over-produced. I honestly don't expect them to go too far in either direction with Black Widow, so I'd be very surprised if it was TLJ levels of insulting.

Ignoring canon isn't in itself a negative (and it's not new, either). It's not like Captain Marvel's gonna get raped by her own son in the MCU, for example. I'm very much in the "wait and see" camp when it comes to this, and I don't consider myself a fan of MCU Black Widow in general.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Surtur
Still not enthused for this movie. Still feel she is better as a side character. Why?

Kazenji

Just wait for those groups to implode eventually they'll **** up and be seen for what they are.

Flyattractor
Like how the MCU will eventually implode as well?

Won't Be a Surprise as seeing who they are putting in charge of their movies.

Its gonna get ugly.

Kazenji
R7fIN2juq98&fbclid

riv6672
RED GUARDIAN, BAY-BEE!!! eek!

TheVaultDweller
I like the white outfit so far, even if we don't see too much of it yet. Though they need to work on their editing. They kind of spoiled what's clearly meant to be a big action set piece a little bit already. Bit at 1:14 appears to follow up the bit from the end of the trailer, so we already know she gets through that whole skydiving obstacle course without issues. They could still change it, of course. Because I noticed that on my first viewing, so you know the rest of the internet will.

ares834
Too little, too late. This should have come out years ago.

BruceSkywalker
looks good so hopeully it will be

Kazenji
Yeah it does look good, Possibly on par with Winter Soldier?..have to wait and see.

ShadowFyre
I think it looks really good. I hope it does better than captain marvel by actually being good though.

Khazra Reborn
Feels weird having Widow back already, despite it being a prequel, it kind of minimizes her Endgame sacrifice.

TheVaultDweller
They've positioned it fairly well, all things considered. Because a lot of fans are going to be itching for an MCU film after such a long break, and that alone will probably draw a ton of people to this.

carthage
Extended trailer with footage of Taskmaster

https://www.ign.com/videos/black-widow-official-trailer-2?sf115875644=1& amp;fbclid=IwAR1I9HCFLnConyrJlJGJeXetsMkDAeYyx62Un
YeFBfC69vTgk1Z8gU5FtH4

riv6672
^^^ saw this earlier. Very eager for this movie to get here.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Extended trailer with footage of Taskmaster

https://www.ign.com/videos/black-widow-official-trailer-2?sf115875644=1& amp;fbclid=IwAR1I9HCFLnConyrJlJGJeXetsMkDAeYyx62Un
YeFBfC69vTgk1Z8gU5FtH4

watched during the game last night... this looks astoundingly good... Tasky's cgi was definitely fixed as i knew it would be

Quincy
Is Hawkeye showing up in this?

Patient_Leech
R7fIN2juq98&fbclid

I will admit this looks good. And I like Scar Jo.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
Is Hawkeye showing up in this?

doubt it but you never know

riv6672
^^^
Maybe the Budapest incident will finally be seen and not just heard.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^
Maybe the Budapest incident will finally be seen and not just heard.

it could be but my guess is maybe during the opening scenes given the time period of the film

riv6672

BruceSkywalker

BrolyBlack

riv6672
I agree
I approve!

riv6672
ybji16u608U

Final trailer....it’s MARVELous.

Surtur
I'll watch the film when it's on netflix.

riv6672
I deem it theater worthy.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
I'll watch the film when it's on netflix.

Same. Except it won't be on Netflix, right? It'll be on Disney+

Scar Jo... so hott, want to touch the hiney... droolio

StiltmanFTW
When exactly this movie is happening?

Somewhere during Phase One, if I heard right?

Between which films?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Between which films?

Don't really care. Just want to see Scar Jo in tight outfits. naughty

StiltmanFTW
I do hope they'll be more tight than usual.

Oh, and skimpy dresses, too. Natasha is known for wearing those in public.

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Don't really care. Just want to see Scar Jo in tight outfits. naughty
And David Harbour in an even tighter costume! yes

carthage
Taskmaster has a shit ton of weapons in this movie

riv6672

BruceSkywalker

Between which films?

takes place after cap civil war and prior to infinity war

Kazenji

Between which films?

After the 3rd captain America movie is what i've heard.

carthage
Release has been delayed
What a shitty ****ing year

Patient_Leech
It's the time for Netflix and other streaming services to make a killing and release stuff while people are stuck staying in avoiding human interaction.

BruceSkywalker
It's the time for Netflix and other streaming services to make a killing and release stuff while people are stuck staying in avoiding human interaction.

yea netflix, disney plus and amazon prime are gonna do well

Darth Thor
Disney as a whole is doing badly right now and there is even speculation that Apple may want to take the opportunity to buy them out.

Even Netflix is having trouble because they have massive debts, and a lot of their productions are put on halt due to the virus.

Amazon however is killing it on the orders. Plus they have their streaming service as part of their prime package to boost.

playa1258
Many films in production right now are already halting production. There is probably going to be delays going well into 2021.

riv6672
Originally posted by playa1258
Many films in production right now are already halting production. There is probably going to be delays going well into 2021.
This is going to be a memorable year to recall down the road.

ShadowFyre
Am actually looking forward to this. This and Thor are the only upcoming Marvel movies coming out that I will probably catch in theatre

Kazenji
I'm also interested in seeing how Eternals turn out too.

-Pr-
Bump bump bump: Release date is now July 9th, releasing concurrently on Disney+ (you have to pay 30 like with Mulan) and in cinemas.

Hoping it's good.

BruceSkywalker
i'll be paying $45 as I will first see in theaters and then on Disney Plus

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bump bump bump: Release date is now July 9th, releasing concurrently on Disney+ (you have to pay 30 like with Mulan) and in cinemas.

Hoping it's good. thepiratebay smile

tkitna
i'll be paying $45 as I will first see in theaters and then on Disney Plus

I'll still do the free online thing. We cancelled Disney+ after the whole Gina Carano thing. We only had it for the grand daughter but she wont know the difference.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thepiratebay smile

that site still exist?? would i need a vpn

Originally posted by tkitna
I'll still do the free online thing. We cancelled Disney+ after the whole Gina Carano thing. We only had it for the grand daughter but she wont know the difference.

understandable

Old Man Whirly!
that site still exist?? would i need a vpn

understandable you might need a vpn where you are Bruce, here in Africa nobody gives a shit.

BruceSkywalker
you might need a vpn where you are Bruce, here in Africa nobody gives a shit.

i live in california

Darth Thor
Unless its the next Avengers theres no way im paying the price of a cinema ticket to watch it at home.

Will hopefully watch in cinemas just like in the good old days.

Robtard
i live in california

I'd not torrent without a VPN in the US. Especially new releases from large studios.

playa1258
Eternals will be much better than this. In fact IMO Eternals will battle Dune for best blockbuster film of the year.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd not torrent without a VPN in the US. Especially new releases from large studios.

VPN + magnet links, ideally.

I never understood the popularity of torrents --- not only they can potentially mean trouble with the law, but torrenting as a whole seems outdated to me.

There are so many alternatives.

Sure, back in the day (2000s), torrents were the way... but it's 2021.

-Pr-
thepiratebay smile

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with paying it if Disney+ didn't have such awful playback. I have gigabit internet. Running on a PS4 or on another bluray player, it's still crap for me. No idea why.

==

Also, please, everyone, let's keep talk of piracy to a minimum.

ares834
VPN + magnet links, ideally.

I never understood the popularity of torrents --- not only they can potentially mean trouble with the law, but torrenting as a whole seems outdated to me.

There are so many alternatives.

Sure, back in the day (2000s), torrents were the way... but it's 2021.

Magnet links and torrenting are virtually the same thing. The only difference is with MLs you don't have to download the .torrent file first.

Kazenji
I'll be seeing this movie at a cinema, Phuck watching it on a small screen.

tkitna
I'll be seeing this movie at a cinema, Phuck watching it on a small screen.

I just cant anymore. I despise the theaters. Its almost always a bad experience. People talking, noisy kids, cell phones, crowded, expensive, etc,,,. Its not for me.

StiltmanFTW
I just cant anymore. I despise the theaters. Its almost always a bad experience. People talking, noisy kids, cell phones, crowded, expensive, etc,,,. Its not for me.

It's really that bad in USA, huh?

Kazenji

Well i'm in Australia not the U.S.A.

tkitna
Well i'm in Australia not the U.S.A.

I cant imagine there's much difference, but cool.

tkitna
It's really that bad in USA, huh?

I'm sure its not everybodys experience, but the last 3 flicks me and the family went to (superhero movies were a tradition) was awful. Even my kids at the time said no more.

Kazenji
I cant imagine there's much difference, but cool.

There's not actually....well the place that i normally go to.

StiltmanFTW
I'm sure its not everybodys experience, but the last 3 flicks me and the family went to (superhero movies were a tradition) was awful. Even my kids at the time said no more.

I have no trouble believing that, as you are not the first American who complains about your movie theaters on KMC. That and I've watched some recordings of what is going on in your theaters, lol.

We don't really have that problem in Poland, unless one tries his absolute best to pick the worst possible day to see the film (prepremiere or premiere showings).

And even then, most of the audience usually knows how to behave stick out tongue

Kazenji
Yeah, I've seen some of things that happen in America when people ask people to turn their phone off or be quiet during a movie. A fight occurs like somehow the person asking nicely about it is in the wrong.

playa1258
The worst for me was Black Panther opening weekend.

Was packed licked sardines and this ***** next to me was on her damn phone live streaming the whole time.

BruceSkywalker

sorry you went thru that. thank God I've never went thru that

TheVaultDweller
New trailer

Fp9pNPdNwjI

Kazenji
Not watching the new trailer... The previous trailer was enough for me. I just want to watch the goddamn movie at this point.

Old Man Whirly!
Enjoyed it a lot. Best Marvel movie for a long time. Maybe since GOTG 1.

Robtard
Going to catch this later today.

Old Man Whirly!
Going to catch this later today. it's well worth a watch. Nothing new, steals from everywhere, but does it well.

Patient_Leech
Best Marvel movie for a long time. Maybe since GOTG 1.

That's pretty high praise.

BruceSkywalker
gonna watch tomorrow

steverules_2

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
This film just wasn't for me, aside from some decent action and some funny lines here and there, I found this to be rather generic action/story and one of the weakest installments of the MCU.

Glad you liked it Whirls, at least you got your money out of it.

Darth Thor
Pretty much, I though a lot before it were mediocre to bad too. Like IM3 and TTDW.

They were both before GOTG.

Didnt like Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, GOTG2, or Thor Ragnarok ?

Estacado
This movie is pure boredome.

Also Taskmaster was a phuckin waste and so was Red Guardian...

Patient_Leech
Clearly everyone who doesn't like this movie is sexist. Shame on all of you!

I may watch this soon.

tkitna
I didnt love it, but I liked it. Tasha and her sister looked good, decent action and humor, tied up the timeline, whats there not to like.

Could have done without Taskmaster being a girl, but thats minor. A fat out of shape Red Guardian was better than no Red Guardian I guess. Wish Ursa Major would have changed into a bear but again, minor. Wish Scarlett would quit calling me since i'm married, but what can you do?

BruceSkywalker
just finished watching black widow on disney plus. it is what i thought it was gonna be. action packed. flo pugh is awesome. tasky was okay but coulda been better. red guuardian ws useless so i expect to see him again. i recommend this as i enjoyed it 8/10

Nuke Nixon
OK film, better than Captain Marvel, has problems but still mildly enjoyable. 6/10

Old Man Whirly!
They were both before GOTG.

Didnt like Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, GOTG2, or Thor Ragnarok ? winter soldier and civil war were good. I take that back. The others were OK but bloated. Thor Ragnarok was OK watched it the first time and enjoyed it, honestly was not enjoying it on repeat.

Nuke Nixon
So while Natasha is kicking it with her Avengers homies there's all these Black Widows doing covert shit all over the world and she doesn't even notice anything, not much of a super spy is she.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts Nick Fury knew about them.

Old Man Whirly!
just finished watching black widow on disney plus. it is what i thought it was gonna be. action packed. flo pugh is awesome. tasky was okay but coulda been better. red guuardian ws useless so i expect to see him again. i recommend this as i enjoyed it 8/10 Yeah I gave it 7/8 too.

SquallX

Old Man Whirly!
This film just wasn't for me, aside from some decent action and some funny lines here and there, I found this to be rather generic action/story and one of the weakest installments of the MCU.

Glad you liked it Whirls, at least you got your money out of it. Yeah, I did. I think it's because I prefer superset films to superhero films. I have too much invested in Superheroes and they are never as good as the comics. They always seem "smaller".

Old Man Whirly!

playa1258
Film was pretty good for about half of it then it falls apart.

Insane Titan
6/10 at best. Plot was horrendous, action was good. Some of the cgi was weak.

Patient_Leech
I will admit that I enjoyed this, Whirly. I initially thought your comparison to GotG was impossible, but after finishing the movie I can sort of see the similarity. The humor is a little drier in Black Widow, though. But it was still good emotionally driven, situational humor. The good casting made it work quite well. And the action was just over-the-top enough to be fun. It is one of the better Marvel movies to come out in quite a while. It's a f#ck-ton better than Captain Marvel or either of the Marvel Spiderman movies (which isn't necessarily saying much, because those are pretty awful).

HulkIsHulk
I will admit that I enjoyed this, Whirly. I initially thought your comparison to GotG was impossible, but after finishing the movie I can sort of see the similarity. The humor is a little drier in Black Widow, though. But it was still good emotionally driven, situational humor. The good casting made it work quite well. And the action was just over-the-top enough to be fun. It is one of the better Marvel movies to come out in quite a while. It's a f#ck-ton better than Captain Marvel or either of the Marvel Spiderman movies (which isn't necessarily saying much, because those are pretty awful).
Never thought I'd see someone who shares my opinion on the MCU SM movies

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Never thought I'd see someone who shares my opinion on the MCU SM movies

I think Marvel might have just rushed it too much. They were just anxious for that Spiderman $$. They rushed it and shoehorned it in like they did Captain Marvel.

Give me Raimi or give me no Spiderman. (I may give the Andrew Garfield Spidermans another chance sometime, though, the first one seemed okay at the time).

wakkawakkawakka
I haven't watch this yet but is there is scene where the movie briefly pauses to show off how shredded the main MCU hero is? It seemed to be a trend for all the other origin MCU movies.

jaden_2.0
I enjoyed more than I thought. Good chemistry between the cast members. Gets a bit over the top towards the end and needs a huge amount of disregarding other movies in the MCU for it to work (like Nat never mentioning anything about her rediscovered family to anyone, no one knowing anything about a giant floating assassin training facility, hundreds of trained killers stationed all around the world doing stuff and not getting on the avengers radar)

Also takes a lot of work not to make Olga Kurlyenko the hottest woman in a movie.

But yeah...Good fun stand alone movie.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I enjoyed more than I thought. Good chemistry between the cast members. Gets a bit over the top towards the end and needs a huge amount of disregarding other movies in the MCU for it to work (like Nat never mentioning anything about her rediscovered family to anyone, no one knowing anything about a giant floating assassin training facility, hundreds of trained killers stationed all around the world doing stuff and not getting on the avengers radar)

Also takes a lot of work not to make Olga Kurlyenko the hottest woman in a movie.

But yeah...Good fun stand alone movie. You are a man of taste!Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Never thought I'd see someone who shares my opinion on the MCU SM movies I hated the MCU spider far more than captain Marvel. The only good thing about it was spidey's aunt.

Darth Thor

Give me Raimi or give me no Spiderman. (I may give the Andrew Garfield Spidermans another chance sometime, though, the first one seemed okay at the time).

First TASM is decent. A bit darker than it needed to be, but Garfield played Spider-Man spot on, whereas Maguire was perfect as Parker. Lizard was also the correct Villain for an origin story Imo.

Ramai films were great for the time, but watching now they are too campy, which was fine in bits for the first two, but helped to destroy the third.

The perfect Spider-Man origin story would be an amalgamation of Ramai's Spider-Man 1 and TASM1.

Old Man Whirly!
First TASM is decent. A bit darker than it needed to be, but Garfield played Spider-Man spot on, whereas Maguire was perfect as Parker. Lizard was also the correct Villain for an origin story Imo.

Ramai films were great for the time, but watching now they are too campy, which was fine in bits for the first two, but helped to destroy the third.

The perfect Spider-Man origin story would be an amalgamation of Ramai's Spider-Man 1 and TASM1. The Raimi films looked like panels from 70's spidey. Both Garfield and Maguire were far better than Billy Elliot.

Darth Thor
Both Garfield and Maguire were far better than Billy Elliot.

Maguire as Parker and Garfield as Spidey thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Mariska Tomei as Aunt May. And Amber Heard as the Black Cat in something very, very, very tight.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>