Star Wars PT vs The Hobbit Trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
Two different questions here:

1. Which trilogy do you prefer? Peter Jackson's return to the best trilogy setting in history that took a 300-page children's novel and turned it into a very entertaining 10-hour fan fiction? Or George Lucas's return to a galaxy far, far away that had an incredible premise, impressive special effects and action scenes, and - as always - excellent music, but dialogue and some character development worthy of an elementary school play?

2. You are going to have a group of friends over on a day off to watch one of these trilogies. The catch: none of them have seen the respective series' original trilogies. Conditions for victory: the group of friends concludes that the viewing of the prequel trilogy warrants watching the original trilogy (LotR or Star Wars 4-6) the following weekend. Which trilogy do you choose to view?

relentless1
PT is preferred regardless of the issues wth 1 & 2

PT easily; as boring and cringeworthy as some parts are in there they lead into the OT much better; Hobbit is way too bloated to captive properly

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Two different questions here:

1. Which trilogy do you prefer? Peter Jackson's return to the best trilogy setting in history that took a 300-page children's novel and turned it into a very entertaining 10-hour fan fiction? Or George Lucas's return to a galaxy far, far away that had an incredible premise, impressive special effects and action scenes, and - as always - excellent music, but dialogue and some character development worthy of an elementary school play?

2. You are going to have a group of friends over on a day off to watch one of these trilogies. The catch: none of them have seen the respective series' original trilogies. Conditions for victory: the group of friends concludes that the viewing of the prequel trilogy warrants watching the original trilogy (LotR or Star Wars 4-6) the following weekend. Which trilogy do you choose to view? '

The Hobbit!

SW latest movies suck af.

BruceSkywalker
Star Wars

NotAllThatEvil
Star wars hands down. The fight scenes and music in the phantom menace were still way cool and revenge of the Sith is, in my opinion, a legitimately good film that feels very OG star wars. Attack of the clones and the jar jar bits are the only really bad parts

StiltmanFTW
Depends on the mood.

Hobbit has an unfair advantage of having extended versions.

Impediment
I've seen the first Hobbit film and I hated it. I refuse to watch parts two and three.

Josh_Alexander
My bad. SW!

I thought this was JJ Abrams/RJ movies we were talking about.

relentless1
the PT isn't even really that bad; for all the boring love stuff that ATOC tried and miserably failed at its redeemed by the last 20 mins of the film as well as Obi Was detective story throughout... tell me you didn't mark out seeing 200 Jedi go to war with a Droid battle army or Yoda throw down against Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.