Batwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
not a surprise....

https://deadline.com/2018/07/batwoman-tv-series-i-the-cw-lesbian-superhero-lead-caroline-dries-greg-berlanti-1202427678/

staxamillion
probably be better than Gotham but that's not saying much

-Pr-
Huh, I thought she was just going to be an occasional guest star in Arrow. Well, with how well the CW has handled non-straight relationships so far (hah), this should be a hoot.

carthage

BruceSkywalker

Flyattractor
As long as they keep the SJW out of it and it is Full on Hot Lesbian Action... I could support this.

carthage
Ruby Rose has been cast as Kat Kane

http://ew.com/tv/2018/08/07/ruby-rose-batwoman/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage

its a good choice

wakkawakkawakka

This is a pretty good choice, shame that CW shows don't really have a good track record of handling LGBT characters.

roughrider

I'm impressed by the casting. But I've never seen her act without her Aussie accent, so I'll reserve judgement. I guess her extra tattoos with just be part of Kate Kane's character, her wilder years before finding her role in the world.

Dreampanther

*sets TV to Record*

Kazenji
The stupid ball is rolling around lately over all the fan backlash for Ruby Rose.

Flyattractor
And that Ball is making Batwoman the TV Show apparently.

Kazenji
No it's not....Go and and read what all the stupid shit people are saying, dipshit.

Flyattractor
Nah. I prefer to have my own opinions. I will leave all the shit just for YOU!

samhain
That article describes Batwoman as 'openly lesbian', like in what way? Are Batman or Spiderman openly herterosexual? Their real identities for sure but not their alter-egos, even Wally West's Flash isn't openly gay that I can remember.

Arachnid1
Meh. I've only stuck with Flash and Arrow as long as I have because I'm too invested. I'm not starting another one of these shit CW shows. Supergirl, Legends, and this can all rot.

tkitna
I wouldnt mind watching it, but i'm afraid its going to concentrate to much on the lesbian aspect and thats not what I want to see.

Darth Thor
Will be strange if with this series and Titans they keep dancing around where Batman is.

Got kind of silly at times dancing around Superman in Supergirls first season. Casting a Tv Superman for the second season was the only sensible route to take.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Meh. I've only stuck with Flash and Arrow as long as I have because I'm too invested. I'm not starting another one of these shit CW shows. Supergirl, Legends, and this can all rot.
Legends has been awesome fun. The others tho, I suppose, yeah. Dont see myself getting started on this one either.

Kazenji
Lol at the people saying Ruby Rose isn't gay enough for the role...whatever the **** that means

or the ignorant people thinking Batwoman is the same character as Batgirl.

Darth Thor
Wow shes actually left twitter over the backlash:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-australia-45166592

BruceSkywalker
not a surprise...

https://deadline.com/2019/01/batwoman-starring-ruby-rose-pilot-pickup-the-cw-david-nutter-to-direct-greg-berlanti-1202528625/

Ridley_Prime
vrIiPcv4_iY

Get woke.

Kazenji
Really forcing the feminist angle...which is a shame

the character is actually good on page from some of the books that i've read.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
vrIiPcv4_iY

Get woke.

Don't Batman and Batwoman each live in their parallel Rule 63 universe in the comics? To merge 'em here so Batman wusses out to give this person an ego trip is...wow.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Don't Batman and Batwoman each live in their parallel Rule 63 universe in the comics? To merge 'em here so Batman wusses out to give this person an ego trip is...wow.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113509/5262668-batfam.jpg

Surtur
vrIiPcv4_iY

Get woke.

Prediction: valid criticism of this will be shrugged off with "Misogyny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TheVaultDweller
lol real subtle with the dialogue choices there. A suit designed for a man needs "fixing".

riv6672

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
lol real subtle with the dialogue choices there. A suit designed for a man needs "fixing".

You gotta love "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a womans work" while at the same time...only being able to succeed in crime fighting by ransacking a more successful mans technology lol. Oh feminists...never change.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Don't forget those fonts "the hero we need is here" and then removing the E at the end to remind us the main character is a her. Never would've guessed with a show called Batwoman -_-

Surtur
Also, why is Frankie Muniz playing Batwoman? I'm so confused.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by staxamillion
probably be better than Gotham but that's not saying much
This post did not age well. Gotham is leagues above this preachy woke garbage. Would definitely take a Batman show with the cast and setup of where Gotham left off & ended over this shit.

cdtm
SJWoman?

BatSJW?

Surtur
Just re-title the show "Batwoman and Her Amazing Vagina!".

Trocity
All of a sudden Sonic looks pretty good.

Surtur
Spoiler: turns out her vagina is named Robin.

riv6672
This post did not age well. Gotham is leagues above this preachy woke garbage. Would definitely take a Batman show with the cast and setup of where Gotham left off & ended over this shit.
Gotham had a couple of really bad seasons, but it was a good show, if for no other reason than excellent casting 90% of the time.

Flyattractor
Didn't Supergirl already try this crap and didn't it nearly get it cancelled?

Kazenji
There's a way to do female superhero's right and this an't it.

Flyattractor
Eh...This Show will probably get 2 seasons now matter how crap it is.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kazenji

Bingo, this isn't the way. I don't even think there is any nudity, jeez.

cdtm

Should have gotten Gail Simone on board, she has a lot of expeience with female driven superheroes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur

That's not what i was getting at, idiot.

Flyattractor

At least the Lesbos are marginally Hot. CW does that part good at least.

riv6672
Kaz just got Surt-ifiably triggered. laughing

Kazenji
That's not even me getting "Triggered" but whatever works for you i guess.

Surtur
That's not even me getting "Triggered" but whatever works for you i guess.

You got mad over a joke though, unless you thought I seriously expected a CW show to have nudity...

TheVaultDweller
It really doesn't help that the acting in the trailer itself is also rather underwhelming. Ruby Rose's line delivery leaves much to be desired.

Like the "so I have this thing with rules" line, when she is going down the elevator. There is almost no feeling or emotion to that line at all. It sounds like she read it off the script page for the first time.

Kazenji
You got mad over a joke though, unless you thought I seriously expected a CW show to have nudity...

That's not getting mad, Asshat

idiot's...there's an abundance of them on the internet.

cdtm
Only way you're seeing nudity in this shit, is if Batwoman has a dick.

Because cisgender just isn't in style anymore.

riv6672

The irony of this post is delicious thanks Kaz.

HulkIsHulk
You gotta love "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a womans work" while at the same time...only being able to succeed in crime fighting by ransacking a more successful mans technology lol. Oh feminists...never change.
Exactly

HulkIsHulk
You don't get sarcasm ,do you?

Kazenji
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
You don't get sarcasm ,do you?

Well it doesn't translate well on the internet, But of course people continue trying to use it.

Surtur

He doth protest too much

riv6672
Well it doesn't translate well on the internet, But of course people continue trying to use it.
That was sarcastic, it translated fine. laughing

carthage
This will probably suck horribly like the rest of the CWs dramas masquerading as Superhero shows.

cdtm
This will probably suck horribly like the rest of the CWs dramas masquerading as Superhero shows.

At least Barry's daughter was erased from time and space.

For once, the writers gave the fans what they wanted.

-Pr-
...I like Nora.

riv6672
^^^She had it coming.
J/k i liked her too. And she was easy on the eyes.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
...I like Nora.

Same. Found that sad. And wasnt expecting that at all.

riv6672

Darth Thor
^ Thawne was actually fond of Nora though.

riv6672
Which made it even...Thawne-ier? Thats a verb now!

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Which made it even...Thawne-ier? Thats a verb now!

Yep.

Plus, she had a way out, and he told Barry that. He couldn't know she'd have a bizarre (Irrational?) attack of conscience.

juggernaut74
I'm digging the show so far.

BruceSkywalker
i like what i've seen

cdtm
Wooden acting. The main character is pretty hard to sympathize with, because she doesn't seem to emote at all, and just goes all Frank Castle to Micro on everyone, for no real reason.

Surtur
I gave it a chance.

Now...which tool would be best suited to gouging my eyes out? Hmm

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, this had literally every trope and kind of flaws I predicted after I saw the trailer for this, pretty much part for part. Makes Black Lightning and the rough start it had with its pilot (before the show got better) look like a masterpiece by comparison.

Even the preview for the next episode when she was interrogating that guy was cringe. "I thought you were Batman", "You wish". So wooden.

Was planning to really only watch the pilot episode regardless to give it a chance and/or confirm for myself how bad it was, but haven't been so glad to jump ship from a show so quick in a long time.

riv6672

Ridley_Prime
She seemed better in John Wick chapter 2 and other stuff. Feel kinda bad for anyone whose first impression of her is this show.

carthage
She was great In JW2
But really bland here

tkitna
I thought the pilot was ok. Its more interesting than Flash and Supergirl to me right now.

riv6672

Surtur
Rotten tomatoes critic score: 72%

Audience score: 10%

Legit laughed out loud.

Darth Thor

Robtard

Surtur

Surtur
Either way I suspect the show won't stay at 10%. I think it will even out somewhere in the high 30s to low 40s unless there is a massive increase in quality.

Darth Thor
You might be right, but on the other hand the pilot truly was awful.

It's not like we haven't seen instances where there is a massive massive difference in critic and audience scores.

Not seen it, but cant be THAT Awful given the CWs DC History.

Below 10% just screams spamming to me.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not seen it, but cant be THAT Awful given the CWs DC History.

Below 10% just screams spamming to me.

Dude at one point a guy says the batsuit is perfect and she goes "it will be...once it fits a woman".

Barf. And it's not like a scene like that stands out as bad because the rest of it is such high quality.

And a lot of the reviews I read from the audience included details about the ep, it wasn't just "ha ha she sucks, she has gurl parts!".

riv6672
Well, the suit did need to fit a woman, though... huh

juggernaut74
Another solid episode tonight.

carthage
2nd episode and still bland as ****

Darth Thor
Dude at one point a guy says the batsuit is perfect and she goes "it will be...once it fits a woman".

Barf. And it's not like a scene like that stands out as bad because the rest of it is such high quality.

And a lot of the reviews I read from the audience included details about the ep, it wasn't just "ha ha she sucks, she has gurl parts!".

Well, the suit did need to fit a woman, though... huh

I was always expecting those cheesy pro-woman power one liners.

But am still fairly sure the under 10% score on RT will be down to spamming.

(I still havent seen the show mind you).

Surtur
It's doooog shit. it's doooog shit.

BruceSkywalker
2nd episode wasn't bad.. i understand the need to change things.. that being said im looking forward to seeing te full batwoman suit

Darth Thor
Ratings began low, even for CW, and took a big drop for the second episode.

riv6672

Surtur
Ratings began low, even for CW, and took a big drop for the second episode.

Must be right wing trolls, right?

riv6672
^^^i read something about that, how RT needs to adjust their system to filter out obvious spamming (they call it review bombing, new term to me) of movies and shows.

https://screenrant.com/batwoman-audience-score-bad-reviews-why/

samhain
This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It looks good even though they've yet to capture a real Gotham City vibe, maybe the budget isn't big enough for that at this time. The storyline /mystery is the only thing that has me interested so far and I predict that descend into the typical 'everybody has something to hide' shtick by mid-season.

Surtur
I legit would prefer torture at Guantanimo Bay over this.

Wait no maybe they'd torture me by making me watch "Batwoman" and all the while I'm screaming "don't you wanna rip my finger nails off or something?"

juggernaut74
This show has my attention.

Surtur
Yeah when 9/11 happened it had my attention too

Ridley_Prime
I mean you can blame straight men or whatever for review bombing this show, but when I deal with LBGT themes/undertones in Supergirl and other shows and am usually unphased by them, maybe being some butch lesbian isn't why this Batwoman sucks. Could it be that she's just unlikable and terribly written?

This seems like a Ghostbusters 2016 way of trying to deflect criticism.

riv6672

samhain
I meant more in the; 'I'm heading up a global terrorist network', 'I struck a deal with aliens to destroy the human race', 'I killed your Mother' type of secret.

Surprised they didn't make Lucius Fox's son a woman, but then Batwoman's bullying of him works better if he's male TBH.

riv6672

Darth Thor

This seems like a Ghostbusters 2016 way of trying to deflect criticism.

What are the big/main criticisms? Generally curious, ive not seen it.

Surtur
What are the big/main criticisms? Generally curious, ive not seen it.

Dude just watch the pilot and you will understand. Maybe be drunk when you watch so it's easier.

Darth Thor
Lol

Oh Its not out here yet. Im not purposely avoiding it.

Surtur
Torrent that shit.

Darth Thor
Torrent that shit.

Cant. Being Muslim, I have to work extra hard to prove im a law abiding citizen.

riv6672
^^^ain't no one gonna know... naughty

Surtur
Cant. Being Muslim, I have to work extra hard to prove im a law abiding citizen.

https://i.giphy.com/media/3o84sw9CmwYpAnRRni/giphy.webp

Surtur
Though I gotta say I'd be super embarrassed to get caught torrenting Batwoman.

Even if you explained "I just wanted to see how bad it was" the taint remains forever.

juggernaut74
So I suppose we have confirmation that Robin and Wonder Woman exist on Earth 1.

cdtm

Then stream it. No one's ever gotten caught for that.

Surtur
Also Darth which country do you live in?

carthage
Is Alice the villain for the whole season??

cdtm
Also Darth which country do you live in?

Gonna go out on a limb and say the US.

Can't really see anyone being Muslim and fearing for their good standing in most other places. I mean, Canada and Britain may be many things, but intolerant?

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Gonna go out on a limb and say the US.

Can't really see anyone being Muslim and fearing for their good standing in most other places. I mean, Canada and Britain may be many things, but intolerant?

He definitely doesn't live in the US cuz he has mentioned being from another country before, I just forget which one.

Darth Thor
UK..

And weve had Muslim terror attacks here.

But im also an Accountant, so have to triple prove my good standing.

And also I was kinda joking.

BruceSkywalker
Is Alice the villain for the whole season??

I think so

Ridley_Prime
She seemed alright for like an episode villain or that of a two parter or so, but is actually the main season villain? Lame. Another reason am glad I dropped this.

But yeah Darth, I guess you'll have to check it out when the show becomes available on your end, if the opinions here after the pilot didn't give you a good enough idea. Despite my take, I'm not knocking anyone who likes it, so if you happen to enjoy it to some level, more power to ya.

Darth Thor

But yeah Darth, I guess you'll have to check it out when the show becomes available on your end, if the opinions here after the pilot didn't give you a good enough idea. Despite my take, I'm not knocking anyone who likes it, so if you happen to enjoy it to some level, more power to ya.

Reviews seem quite mixed here tbh. Nothing like the under 10% RT is displaying.

Plus 7/10 critics like it apparently.

But yeah its kind of a given it will be full on with the female power one liners.

carthage

Ridley_Prime
At least there is this for him I guess.

xuPnlnfVeMA

riv6672
At least there is this for him I guess.

xuPnlnfVeMA
And this.

Tdy0eLS9c-Q

Surtur
Reviews seem quite mixed here tbh. Nothing like the under 10% RT is displaying.

Plus 7/10 critics like it apparently.

Hey to be fair it went from 10% to 12%. lol.

That in it self is sad and shows a lack of imagination on the parts of the writers. It's like adding a gay character and basing their entire identity around that, as opposed to "gay" being one of many traits(not even the top trait) the character has.

Darth Thor
Hey to be fair it went from 10% to 12%. lol.

That in it self is sad and shows a lack of imagination on the parts of the writers. It's like adding a gay character and basing their entire identity around that, as opposed to "gay" being one of many traits(not even the top trait) the character has.

Up to 12%? People are converting!

Youtuber Robert Storms made a hilarious point on it.

He was saying can you imagine in Black Panther if they reminded you he was black every few minutes laughing out loud

riv6672
I wonder Oracle will make an appearance.
There was an ep. of Arrow a few years back where Felicity was trying to think of a codename and she wanted to use Oracle, but was told it was already taken.

cdtm
I just hope they don't do a huge Batman returns feature.

And it turns out Batman is a gender fluid foot stool.

The dark stool returns.

Surtur
Up to 12%? People are converting!

Youtuber Robert Storms made a hilarious point on it.

He was saying can you imagine in Black Panther if they reminded you he was black every few minutes laughing out loud

Lol they need to look at the Wonder Woman film. You can have an empowered female character without having to make it cringey.

And I'm hearing about this new Arrow show "Arrow and The Canaries". Hmm.

riv6672

cdtm

riv6672
^^^a new cast of very bland characters to boot.

BruceSkywalker
I wonder Oracle will make an appearance.
There was an ep. of Arrow a few years back where Felicity was trying to think of a codename and she wanted to use Oracle, but was told it was already taken.

possible but i doubt it...

Originally posted by cdtm
I just hope they don't do a huge Batman returns feature.

And it turns out Batman is a gender fluid foot stool.

The dark stool returns.

lmmfao, bruce will never appear in this lol

Ridley_Prime
The CW Seed animated series for Deathstroke actually looks promising, at least.

^^^a new cast of very bland characters to boot.
You have failed this city!

Yeah, William as a character was a mistake from start to finish, while the others were just kinda there...

"Arrow and The Canaries", that's really gonna be a thing? Since Amell's Oliver is gonna retire soon (in a manner of speaking), why would Arrow even be in the title, apart from brand recognition? This just seems like a desperate continuation. Hard pass.

riv6672

riv6672
Latest ep. was fairly solid, w. action, a little sex (that blonde Kate slept w. was hot), a bit heavy on the angst (family drama), and a dash of humor (the Batarang mishap cracked me up).
One complaint is, Magpie looked way too much like Beth.

cdtm

riv6672

riv6672

juggernaut74
Does anyone know what the status of Alfred is on this show? I don't know if he's been mentioned yet.

riv6672

riv6672

juggernaut74
I wonder what became of Commissioner Gordon as well.

BruceSkywalker

riv6672

riv6672

riv6672

riv6672
Nice use of the Post Crisis fallout this week to further the ongoing storyline.

Slam Bradley the week before was a nice name drop. I hope he gets more to do than be a prop though.

riv6672
Never really read the comics, but even -i- recognized Nocturna.
Changed from the comics as i can tell from a quick search, but it worked for the show.
Everyone got to bust out some nice outfits this ep, too which was cool. I would like to see Kate go party w. Dr. Who, as they have similar ideas on dressing up.

riv6672

Darthvaderrocks
This series is meh..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>