The Clone Wars Season 7 - Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheIndyJedi
https://youtu.be/RI7WyhWZkzk
This is not a drill

Zenwolf
Alright.

relentless1
fuuuckk yeaaaahhhhh

MythLord
kewl

Total Warrior
Was about to create the same thread big grin

carthage
Sounds good

Trocity
Weird, but alright.

Darth Thor
Yeaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Thats more like it Disney! Or Lucasfilm, or whoever makes the decisions nowadays.

Total Warrior
A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

cs_zoltan
Looked so good until the end.

DarthAnt66
Twelve new episodes.

Four are the Siege of Mandalore, likely.

I hope the other eight aren't the finished story reels of Utapau and Bad Batch.

relentless1
please for the love of god make Son of Dathomir!!! I dont care if its already a comic

DarthAnt66
Sadly, I think it's very, very unlikely that they'll do Son of Dathomir.

Selenial
Originally posted by Total Warrior
A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

thumb up

Originally posted by relentless1
please for the love of god make Son of Dathomir!!! I dont care if its already a comic

Hopefully. The siege of Mandalore was already released in book form, so wouldn't surprise me if Son of Dathomir was done in the show too.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Sadly, I think it's very, very unlikely that they'll do Son of Dathomir.

Out of curiosity, why?

DarthAnt66
The Siege was only the prologue of the Ahsoka novel. I don't think they'd waste all this money and energy just to do a comic-to-screen adaptation of SoD when there's scripts for 32 episodes we haven't seen anything with.

DarthAnt66
That being said, I hope I'm wrong and SoD is produced.

Selenial
The Siege was only the prologue of the Ahsoka novel. I don't think they'd waste all this money and energy just to do a comic-to-screen adaptation when there's scripts for 52 episodes we haven't seen anything with.

Perhaps, but the Dathomir arcs of the Clone Wars were the most watched of season 3 and 4 (aside from a single episode of the Mortis series, and the premiers), so there's definitely a financial reason. Of the millions who watched those episodes, I bet less than a single percent have a clue what happened to Maul and Talzin.

DarthAnt66
I guess it's possible.

They might also do the four episode arc where Sidious captures Yoda and tries to break into the Jedi Temple vault. I feel a lot of people would watch that.

They also might trim the original scripts to fit more in episodes - so a four episode arc might be condensed to three or two.

Zenwolf
Seems to me they're just doing the Mandalore arc, since it's just gonna be 12 episodes. I can't imagine they'd try to shove in all these other things that have already happened in some form or another.

DarthAnt66
The Mandalore arc was planned to only be 4 episodes.

As to Sel's point, though, they might have to explain how Maul's now the ruler of Mandalore again.

Zenwolf
The Mandalore arc was planned to only be 4 episodes.

As to Sel's point, though, they might have to explain how Maul's now the ruler of Mandalore again.

They could always stretch it out. But fair.

DarthAnt66
The new "Clone Wars Saved" slogan that Disney is using is pissing me off since they killed it in the first place, lmao.

edit: fixed

TheIndyJedi
The new "Star Wars Saved" slogan that Disney is using is pissing me off since they killed it in the first place, lmao.

I thought u liked the new films so far?

DarthAnt66
I meant * "Clone Wars Saved."

TheIndyJedi
If they do Son of Dathomir, do u guys think they might do Dark Disciple as well??

DarthAnt66
I rather have no TCW than TCW w/ Dark Disciple.

I'd honestly sacrifice like the top of a finger if it meant Dark Disciple never be put on TV.

Freedon Nadd
What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?

TheIndyJedi
I meant * "Clone Wars Saved."
Gotcha

TheIndyJedi
I rather have no TCW than TCW w/ Dark Disciple.

I'd honestly sacrifice like the top of a finger if it meant Dark Disciple never be put on TV.

thumb up thumb up

TheIndyJedi
But tbh it wouldn't matter anyway as the book is canon

Unbowed
More Maul is always good.

Come to think of it, wasn't there some artwork that had him fighting Quinlan Vos?

DarthSkywalker0
Gonna be trash if Rebels was anything to go by.

( Post by Syndiciate )

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Gonna be trash if Rebels was anything to go by.

( Post by Syndiciate )

This won't be on Disney XD though, so expect it to be not like Rebels

DarthAnt66
Listening to SDCC, I get the impression Filoni's going to at least do the Kashyyyk and Boba/Cad story arcs also

Galan007
It's going to be the Siege of Mandalore.

If they flesh-out the pertinent parts from the Ahsoka novel I could easily see them filling 12 episodes -- especially if they add additional Maul/Ahsoka content.

relentless1
I guess it's possible.

They might also do the four episode arc where Sidious captures Yoda and tries to break into the Jedi Temple vault. I feel a lot of people would watch that.

They also might trim the original scripts to fit more in episodes - so a four episode arc might be condensed to three or two.

where can i find info on that Yoda torture arc?!!? The best things in CW was revolved round the Sith and/or Yoda

DarthAnt66
Wookieepedia aside, I'm not sure. I imagine Filoni briefly mentioned it in some celebrations and that's what they're going off.

ares834
Damn. Out of left field.

Unlike every other SW product these days, I'm looking forward to this. thumb up

ares834
Hopefully they don't waste these episodes on shit like Dark Disciple.

Total Warrior

Galan007
I don't see Dark Disciple happening at all. Not enough general interest.

TheIndyJedi
I still want to see that Maul vs Mace Windu duel in animation form.
I don't think it was even shown in the Son of Dathomir comic

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't see Dark Disciple happening at all. Not enough general interest. tbh DD sold good

TheIndyJedi
tbh DD sold good

Because its like the only Disney canon novel that is set during the prequel era

AncientPower
Have it end in Operation Knightfall and I'd buy this on god damn 4KHD.

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by AncientPower

Total Warrior
Originally posted by AncientPower

quanchi112
Those who have doubted Disney Star Wars, **** you.

I am pleased.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by quanchi112

I am pleased. TFA and TLJ still kinda suck though

Zenwolf
Frankly though, this shouldn't be like this. We shouldn't have had to wait all this time, especially since the season was in production. Now to me it looks like Disney/Lucasfilm panicked and ran to Dave and said

"Dave, quick! You can do your last season of The Clone Wars!"

Just to put them in a good light with all the ridiculous stuff they've said and all that.

It's great that Dave can finish what he was wanting to do, but how it's going about shouldn't have happened to begin with, he should have been able to finish it back in 2014 when the series was still going, not cancel it and then have a 4 year gap when they wanted to bring it back.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by quanchi112

I am pleased.

....Disney killed TCW in the first place?

And ruined TLJ with their unnecessary rose/finn bullshit

Rockydonovang
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Now can we please do this for teen titans too?

Rockydonovang
Twelve new episodes.

Wait what? Wasn't there originally a few seasons planned? Why would they only do 12 eps?

Freedon Nadd
Man, I damn enjoyed Teen Titans.

Darth Thor

Beniboybling
Disney made an unforgivable error in cancelling TCW yeah, but at least they delivered with TLJ.

quanchi112
TFA and TLJ still kinda suck though TLJ is the best Star Wars film to date. Watch your mouth, boy.

quanchi112

Fated Xtasy

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
https://youtu.be/RI7WyhWZkzk
This is not a drill **** is up with Anakin's face?

Total Warrior

TheNuisanceBird
Twelve new episodes.

Four are the Siege of Mandalore, likely.

I hope the other eight aren't the finished story reels of Utapau and Bad Batch.

Same. They've shown a brief shot of the finished Bad Batch shot so they might no be counted as the new episodes.

deathslash
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Disney made an unforgivable error in cancelling TCW yeah, but at least they delivered with TLJ. ....TLJ was absolute trash that killed the character of Luke, killed Luke, kept Rey as a stupidly powerful Mary Sue, killed Snoke without even explaining who he is, and had generally retarded plot holes. How anyone could've liked that dumpster fire is beyond me.

quanchi112

deathslash

Darth Thor
Luke was handled terribly in the first 2 acts of the film. But there was some redemption in the 3rd act.

Kylo was simply more interesting than Snoke, so that was probably a good move.

The 2 biggest and unforgivable sins of the NT are 1) Copying the OT so unashamedly and 2) Reys retarded character arc.

quanchi112

Kurk
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Luke was handled terribly in the first 2 acts of the film. But there was some redemption in the 3rd act.

Kylo was simply more interesting than Snoke, so that was probably a good move.

The 2 biggest and unforgivable sins of the NT are 1) Copying the OT so unashamedly and 2) Reys retarded character arc.
i find snoke's past far more interesting than ren's. that is one thing i agree with quanchi about.

Darth Thor

victreebelvictr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.