Glass (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Impediment
95ghQs5AmNk

Looks proper good! Can't wait!

StiltmanFTW
This looks f*cking awesome thumb up

Patient_Leech
Not sure what to think.

But it seems like an attempt for him to try to get in on this shared universe silliness. Which is fine, I guess, just so long as the movie is good. Split was surprisingly good, but it had a simpler, streamlined premise.

BruceSkywalker
this looks f^cking freaktastic...

NemeBro
Unbreakable is one of my favorite films, so I have high hopes for this. Still need to see Split. Heard it's good.

Impediment
Originally posted by NemeBro
Unbreakable is one of my favorite films, so I have high hopes for this. Still need to see Split. Heard it's good.

Split is utterly fantastic. Almost as good as your fellatio skills.

carthage
Killer cast

riv6672

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
Split is utterly fantastic. Almost as good as your fellatio skills. This trailer motivated me to watch it tonight. It was really good. thumb up

Flyattractor
Ok.... This I Want To SEE!

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112
Looks great. Split is awesome. Beast better **** him up.

DarthPlaguis12
It be cool if they re released Unbreakable

DarthPlaguis12
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ztHi9ejp4

Trailer 2

Impediment
Looks f*cking deadly! This is day one for me.

Robtard
One of the films I'm most looking forward to next year.

Unbreakable and Split are the best M. Night has produced and great films in their own right.

NemeBro
Looks fantastic. First two films were great, hoping M. Night can capture that lightning in a bottle for a third time. thumb up

BackFire
Nice to see M. Night becoming relevant again. Still a big fan of Unbreakable and Signs. Split was very solid as well.

riv6672
^^^agreed on all counts.
M. Night seemed to have lost his way for a while, but i think he learned from it.
Notice how stealthily he put this shared universe together? He got us to like it w.out attaching the stigma of his tarnished rep.

Galan007
Looks like Elijah is still fangirling over David, and arranging a fight between he and the Beast is just another way for Elijah to test the limits of David's potential. Basically a "whose mind over matter is superior?" kind of scenario. I dig it.

Shyamalan also seems to be going a bit more 'meta' with their abilities -- the Beast can be seen flipping over a damn police cruiser, and David easily busts down a steel prison door, for example.


All in all, I'm hyped for this. thumb up

DarthPlaguis12
Wonder what the twist will be in this.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Looks fantastic. First two films were great, hoping M. Night can capture that lightning in a bottle for a third time. thumb up

That's the thing about M. Night, he can deliver greatest or a turd in equal measures.

Personally, I'm very optimistic about this, even if it's not as good as Unbreakable or Split; which I'm expecting, I still think this is going to be solid.

steverules_2

Robtard

BruceSkywalker

riv6672

steverules_2

DarthPlaguis12
They put too much in the second trailer...just dumb

Robtard

steverules_2
Guess I could always read the summary on Wikipedia

Galan007
New trailer is up:

TqB-gBBXZIw

Flyattractor
I really need to get off my butt and watch Split before this comes out.

riv6672
Yeah you do...!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I really need to get off my butt and watch Split before this comes out.

You mean get ON your butt? confused

Yeah, Split is good.

Robtard
Originally posted by Galan007
New trailer is up:

TqB-gBBXZIw


Looks even more dope than before. Can't wait. Seems M. Night might be back to delivering wins in successive order.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
You mean get ON your butt? confused

Yeah, Split is good.

But I was wanting to sit on YOUR BUTT!

It so big soft and comfy!!!!!!!!

Galan007
Final trailer:

O4jwXxoHDzo

Bentley
First time I see these trailers and it has me more pumped than Marvel.

Galan007
thumb up


One of the only movies I'm legitimately looking forward to in 2019.

riv6672
Originally posted by Galan007
Final trailer:

O4jwXxoHDzo
^^^More of the same.

In this case, thats a GOOD thing.

Flyattractor
....really need to get around to watching Split. And Unbreakable again too.

riv6672
You still havent watched SPLIT? For shame.

quanchi112
Not going to watch the final trailer. I am sold. Going to see this ASAP. Beast all the way.

NemeBro
I expect David Dunn will make a good account of himself but be unable to take on the more feral Beast in a straight fight, and be forced to have to make use of his brain and experience to take him down. That it seems the Horde can be forced to change personality with some sort of bright flash leads me to believe he will exploit that weakness to beat him.

Should be great though, mad hype.

BruceSkywalker
isn't it January yet so I can go see this

Flyattractor
Originally posted by riv6672
You still havent watched SPLIT? For shame.

Finding the time and putting in the effort. Not all of us live the life of the Retried Military Pirate like SOME PEOPLE!

riv6672
True enough.
There are never enough hours in the day!

Flyattractor
So many movies. SO Little Time.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So many movies. SO Little Time.


NOT for those WHO actually goes and sees them

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
NOT for those WHO actually goes and sees them

I don't like Crowded Theaters.

riv6672
I like semi crowded theaters, where i have empty seats around me, but can still get that nice group reaction to the movie feeling.

Kazenji
Yeah semi crowded is alot better, Then a full crowd.

WolvesofBabylon
One of my most anticipated movies for 2019 honestly. Probably just behind Avengers

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I don't like Crowded Theaters.


lmmfao

Flyattractor
Originally posted by riv6672
I like semi crowded theaters, where i have empty seats around me, but can still get that nice group reaction to the movie feeling.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah semi crowded is alot better, Then a full crowd.

thumb up

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lmmfao

....kay...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
thumb up



....kay...


kay kay

Flyattractor
Just wondered why you thought that some one not finding a Crowded Theater a pleasant way to watch a movie is a ...

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lmmfao

...type of reaction.

So yeah...You Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
kay kay

...alright.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by NemeBro
Unbreakable is one of my favorite films, so I have high hopes for this. Still need to see Split. Heard it's good.

thumb up

carthage
Movie projected for a 70 million opening

https://screenrant.com/glass-projected-70-million-opening/

Patient_Leech
This is getting poor reviews it seems.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/glass_2019

carthage

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This is getting poor reviews it seems.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/glass_2019

That's too bad, still going to see it if I have the time this Friday; still massively looking forward to it.

Though iirc, Unbreakable wasn't well received and that's a very good film; M. Night's best work (imo).

Patient_Leech
Meh, I liked Split a lot, but I sort of expect this to be a mess.

cdtm
Unbreakable was awesome. That ending really was a good twist, for once.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This is getting poor reviews it seems.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/glass_2019

Yeah but it is the Critic/RottomTomatoeShillCrew giving it a Bad so...yeah phyuck those asshats.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Meh, I liked Split a lot, but I sort of expect this to be a mess.

Split is excellent and just behind Unbreakable, M. Night's second best film, imo.

Yeah, I understand how you feel, mentioned earlier, this could go either way as M. Night can make a really good film or a turd in about equal measures.

X-Continuity
I don't care about critics at all. I don't care about fanboys, also.

I loved "UNBREAKABLE" since the time of its release, 2000. I never care about its bad reputation. To me it's a masterpiece.

"SPLIT" is an equally brilliant masterpiece.

I don't care about the "bad reputation". I'm sure "GLASS" will be another masterpiece.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This is getting poor reviews it seems.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/glass_2019


meh, people will judge on friday

Raptor22
Defiantly looking forward to this on friday.

Hoping for a good amount of Hedwig. That kid cracks me up

Robtard
Originally posted by Raptor22
Hoping for a good amount of Hedwig.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/HedwigandtheAngryInchMoviePoster.jpg

Raptor22
Lol. That guy looks like a young Dee Snider

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
meh, people will judge on friday
Yup. Will be there.

BruceSkywalker
according to Deadline Glass is tracking to anywhere from $105 million to $120 million global bow.. it's like I always say the people decide and not critics..

also fly will be upset since Disney stands to make some money from this...

https://deadline.com/2019/01/glass-samuel-l-jackson-bruce-willis-mlk-weekend-box-office-opening-record-1202535511/

riv6672

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Split is excellent and just behind Unbreakable, M. Night's second best film, imo.

Yeah, I understand how you feel, mentioned earlier, this could go either way as M. Night can make a really good film or a turd in about equal measures. nah, the village is better than both imho, but opinions differ.

StiltmanFTW
Galan, where are you?

BrolyBlack
Broly punches these fools into another reality

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Flyattractor
I will ask this. Is this a 3rd part of a Trilogy or is it a Franchise now?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I will ask this. Is this a 3rd part of a Trilogy or is it a Franchise now?


you prolly woulfn't understand the answer..

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you prolly woulfn't understand the answer..


Yes. Especially when a Biased Shill Soy Toy tries to explain it.
cool

steverules_2
It's a trilogy

Eastrail 177 Trilogy

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. Especially when a Biased Shill Soy Toy tries to explain it.
cool

ya know idiot you really should stop calling yourself that coz the only shill boy is you , oh and star wars has always politics in it hahaha

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Galan, where are you? It was decent. Didn't care for the ending/twist.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Galan007
It was decent. Didn't care for the ending/twist.

Where everyone dies?

Nemesis X
After watching, I can say that Glass to me is not another Venom. This is the one time I should've listened to the critics. The pacing is bad. Way too much exposition with characters doing absolutely nothing but talking for practically the whole movie and the action bits you see in the trailers is pretty much all you get. It was boring.

Galan007
Originally posted by steverules_2
Where everyone dies? Pretty much.

riv6672
^^^agree. I was hoping for different.

Patient_Leech
So just watch Split again, huh?

As much as I like Sam Jackson, James McAvoy, and Bruce Willis I plan to avoid this.

Mindset
Originally posted by steverules_2
Where everyone dies? Looks like I'll skip it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
It was decent. Didn't care for the ending/twist.

Just "decent"?

You were crazy hyped for it sad

Was Jackson good, at least?

Galan007
Just decent. Not as good as I was hoping for... Probably the weakest individual film of the trilogy, imo. sad

SLJ and McAvoy were really good for the most part, but Willis seemed like he was just kind of there for the ride -- much of his dialogue came off as forced to me. /shrug

And as mentioned: I didn't at all care for the ending/twist. Kind of pissed me off, tbh.

BrolyBlack
Not seeing this garbage

Putinbot1
Really enjoyed it, it had the soul of a comic. Mcavoy channels so many tropes. Willis is beautifully two dimensional and Jackson, Jackson is amazing. The rest of the cast are also perfect. A gem like Unbreakable and on a par with Chronicle.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Galan007
Just decent. Not as good as I was hoping for... Probably the weakest individual film of the trilogy, imo. sad

SLJ and McAvoy were really good for the most part, but Willis seemed like he was just kind of there for the ride -- much of his dialogue came off as forced to me. /shrug

And as mentioned: I didn't at all care for the ending/twist. Kind of pissed me off, tbh. Willis was perfect he was a 2D comic hero in "almost" the real world.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Not seeing this garbage
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Really enjoyed it, it had the soul of a comic. Mcavoy channels so many tropes. Willis is beautifully two dimensional and Jackson, Jackson is amazing. The rest of the cast are also perfect. A gem like Unbreakable and on a par with Chronicle.

laughing out loud

Putinbot1
It is a film for pure comic fans, there are a million little doffs of the hat to everyone from Legion/Typhoid Mary, to Mr Hyde, the Hulk, Johnny Bates, the joker, Billy Barton and Raven, and that's just Mcavoy. Bruce is intended to be drawn as an archetype.

Putinbot1
Critics will never get what Glass was, it fails at times but it is genius.

BrolyBlack

Putinbot1
This one has the soul of a comic in the way few comic book movies do.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Putinbot1
It is a film for pure comic fans, there are a million little doffs of the hat to everyone from Legion/Typhoid Mary, to Mr Hyde, the Hulk, Johnny Bates, the joker, Billy Barton and Raven, and that's just Mcavoy. Bruce is intended to be drawn as an archetype. *Batson ****ing text correct.

Robtard
Didn't hate it, but it wasn't up to par with Unbreakable and Split. Felt way too much time was spent in the ward with little going on. Didn't really care for the new twist/reveal, but that has potential to go forward if done right.

McAvoy was great. Willis was good. Jackson was decent; which really threw me off as the film bears his character's name. Was expecting to be dazzled by him.

Hoping that if I let some time pass and I watch it again, it improves, maybe small things I missed first go-around.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't hate it, but it wasn't up to par with Unbreakable and Split. Felt way too much time was spent in the ward with little going on. Didn't really care for the new twist/reveal, but that has potential to go forward if done right.

McAvoy was great. Willis was good. Jackson was decent; which really threw me off as the film bears his character's name. Was expecting to be dazzled by him.

Hoping that if I let some time pass and I watch it again, it improves, maybe small things I missed first go-around. That's the nice thing about films we can't all agree all the time. I loved it, if anyone didn't all it means is it wasn't resonating for them.

carthage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.