Which is better Star Wars: Republic Commando, or Star Wars: Battlefront II (Classic)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Which is the better FPS?

Talking base game.

Total Warrior

Jmanghan
BF2 is the same formula... done better though, with more scenarios, playable Jedi, etc.

TheIndyJedi
BF2 by far.
Honestly I wasn't into Republic Commando that much.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
BF2 by far.
Honestly I wasn't into Republic Commando that much. People say if you just want a game to screw around with, you should play BF2, but if you want a game with super deep FPS elements thats kinda difficult, Republic Commando is the one to play.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jmanghan
People say if you just want a game to screw around with, you should play BF2, but if you want a game with super deep FPS elements thats kinda difficult, Republic Commando is the one to play.

Thus it's kinda hard to compare these games and see which one is greater, they both have vastly different things to it.

Lord Stark
Republic Commando at the time. Mainly because kid me was geeking the **** out on Kashyyyk when you A. Encountered General Grievous face to face B. Yoda speaks to you.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Jmanghan
BF2 is the same formula... done better though, with more scenarios, playable Jedi, etc. oh for some reason I read BF1. Yeah, bf2 is even better

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Thus it's kinda hard to compare these games and see which one is greater, they both have vastly different things to it. They're practically in the same genre...

Zenwolf

darthbane77
BF2 has far greater re-playability, and i generally just more entertaining.

As far as pure FPS action goes though Republic Commando blows BF2 out of the water, imo. I always preferred BF2's third person perspective.

Trocity
RC was really fun, but BF2 poops on it.

Tzeentch
One is a SP tactical shooter while the other is Battlefield in Space. How can they even be meaningfully compared?

Jmanghan
I think RC offers a much tighter gameplay experience, everything is pretty damn solid and taken very seriously.

Not that Battlefront wasn't, but as an FPS, just an FPS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.