Why did Anakin not stomp Barriss Offee immediately?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
2tMQyJCKLcw

Anakin was more then able to stomp Offee in a single move.

darthbane77
OOU explanation is likely just that TCW severely depowered the characters.

In universe though, I'd imagine Anakin wasn't going all out, just using as much power as was required until he overpowered her.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by darthbane77
OOU explanation is likely just that TCW severely depowered the characters.

In universe though, I'd imagine Anakin wasn't going all out, just using as much power as was required until he overpowered her. Maybe stalling to expose her.

DarthAnt66
Anakin has to defeat her without killing / significantly hurting her, and it's not in a Jedi's style to just thrash them with telekinesis, so it takes a period of time.

There's a "vast" difference in power between this Anakin and ROTS Anakin, though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Anakin has to defeat her without killing / significantly hurting her, and it's not in a Jedi's style to just thrash them with telekinesis, so it takes a period of time.

There's a "vast" difference in power between this Anakin and ROTS Anakin, though. Vast difference? How long has it been?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Vast difference? How long has it been?

At least 6 months before ROTS. Probably a little more.

Total Warrior
Much more than 6 months. Probably 1 year more or less

NewGuy01
It was prior to the outer rim sieges where Anakin and Kenobi became the heroes of the war.

Also, Dark Barriss was pretty strong.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It was prior to the outer rim sieges where Anakin and Kenobi became the heroes of the war.

Also, Dark Barriss was pretty strong. uh... H-How strong? Cause she couldn't be strong enough to give Anakin a struggle.

I'd argue she couldn't even beat Asajj, hell the only reason she beat Ahsoka was because she ambushed her.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

There's a "vast" difference in power between this Anakin and ROTS Anakin, though.

Hangouts

TheIndyJedi
He did though ?

TheIndyJedi
Anakin stomping Barriss wouldn't make for a good viewing experience, so the fight had to be longer.
To me he still beat her descively though, while clearly holding back.

victreebelvictr
well she was taught by master luminara for a while so the least she could do was stall.

Lord Stark
Head canon: Given that he was in the middle of the Jedi Temple, Anakin overcompensated in making sure his rage didn't overtake him in battle, which he was very cognizant of given the personal stakes in the battle.

Kurk
B/c Barriss was obviously very skilled though not nearly as powerful. Once Anakin tapped into that power via anger, it ended quite quickly.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Kurk
B/c Barriss was obviously very skilled though not nearly as powerful. Once Anakin tapped into that power via anger, it ended quite quickly.
agreed, this is finished.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kurk
B/c Barriss was obviously very skilled though not nearly as powerful. Once Anakin tapped into that power via anger, it ended quite quickly. This is a stupid argument.

victreebelvictr
This is a stupid argument.
i thought it was ok, trying to figure out more about offee is interesting.

NewGuy01
I'd say your interpretation is actually pretty well supported by the RotS novelization. thumb up

This is a stupid argument.

Sad thing is, the fact that you think it's stupid almost lends it credibility. sad

victreebelvictr
I'd say your interpretation is actually pretty well supported by the RotS novelization. thumb up

Sad thing is, the fact that you think it's stupid almost lends it credibility. sad
i love the way you turned that against him

Jmanghan

Sad thing is, the fact that you think it's stupid almost lends it credibility. sad But it doesn't have credibility.

victreebelvictr
But it doesn't have credibility. I think you misunderstood what he said

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.