Trump White House cuts Putin support for Trump out of transcript

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Lost
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-white-house-cuts-putin-support-for-trump-out-of-transcript-1284716611545?playlist=associated

Jesus.

Silent Master
Breaking news, water is wet and fire is hot.

ArtificialGlory
I'm absolutely shocked.

Flyattractor
Could we get a post from a Credible News Source for this?

The Lost
Originally posted by Flyattractor

First off, it's not the greatest but it's fairly credible.
Secondly, HAHAHAHAHA.

Dude, here's the transcript on the White House website: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-president-putin-russian-federation-joint-press-conference/

And you HEARD what the reporter asked, did you not? Did you watch... did you watch the ****ing video, dude? I swear to Christ...

ArtificialGlory
I can't find the video on Reuters, which I consider to have virtually impeccable credibility, but I do have a basic understanding of Russian and that's indeed what Putin said.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by The Lost
First off, it's not the greatest but it's fairly credible.
Secondly, HAHAHAHAHA.

Dude, here's the transcript on the White House website: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-president-putin-russian-federation-joint-press-conference/

And you HEARD what the reporter asked, did you not? Did you watch... did you watch the ****ing video, dude? I swear to Christ...

Nah. I didn't click the link. I am busy watching vids about stuff I enjoy Far More then this "GiT Trump TDS" stuff.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I can't find the video on Reuters, which I consider to have virtually impeccable credibility, but I do have a basic understanding of Russian and that's indeed what Putin said.

Good for you.

The Lost
Nah. I didn't click the link. I am busy watching vids about stuff I enjoy Far More then this "GiT Trump TDS" stuff.

Good for you.

If you didn't watch and/or have even a basic understanding as to why shit like this is horrible and threatening to democracy (and more), we have absolutely nothing to discuss and you very likely have nothing of value to offer.

Bashar Teg
fly is a geriatric loser who rotted his brain out with drugs. most of us just ignore his phaggotry.

Surtur

I love MSNBC though. These people compared the Putin summit to Pearl Harbor and Kristallnacht.

Which hysteria is like that is why nobody gives a shit about this, it's why nobody gives a shit about Russia or Putin. Whenever Trump does something worthy of criticism utter lunatics take it too far and nobody but whiny leftists end up giving a shit.

Do I like everything goes on with Russia? Nope, but the hysteria is so out of control it's the most pathetic thing in the world. It overshadows any legit gripes anyone might have.

quanchi112
If you didn't watch and/or have even a basic understanding as to why shit like this is horrible and threatening to democracy (and more), we have absolutely nothing to discuss and you very likely have nothing of value to offer. Dude, fly is one of the most ignorant and uneducated posters on the forum. He knows next to nothing and repeats the same nonsense i.e. like trump and truly believes people take him seriously. Just like the president when he rambles about no collusion and just ignorantly lies over and over.
Fly is a total joke.

The Lost
Originally posted by Surtur
I love MSNBC though. These people compared the Putin summit to Pearl Harbor and Kristallnacht.

Which hysteria is like that is why nobody gives a shit about this, it's why nobody gives a shit about Russia or Putin. Whenever Trump does something worthy of criticism utter lunatics take it too far and nobody but whiny leftists end up giving a shit.

Do I like everything goes on with Russia? Nope, but the hysteria is so out of control it's the most pathetic thing in the world. It overshadows any legit gripes anyone might have.

So, would you like to talk about what the Trump administration did with the White House website or Putin's comments?

Or would you like to place more responsibility on the left when the Trump administration (A.K.A. Not The Left) edited out (in both video and text transcript) Putin's actual response (video) and the reporter's question (transcript) on the White House website? The ****ing goddamn bloody government website?

Most of us who still have attachments to reality recognize that nobody "gives a shit" because of how commonplace it is for this administration to pull shit like this off. ACTUAL censorship is being ignored because a chaotic and ass-backwards administration has turned this type of shit into a near-daily recurrence.

Yes, tell me more about the left is ruining everything by... complaining about this? I mean, or even complaining about how one of the largest foreign powers in the world that America is fundamentally at odds with tampered in their election? These aren't noteworthy things to "complain" about any longer because of your sectarian distaste?

Quality memes, bro. Is this another "joke?"

Surtur
So, would you like to talk about what the Trump administration did with the White House website or Putin's comments?

Or would you like to place more responsibility on the left when the Trump administration (A.K.A. Not The Left) edited out (in both video and text transcript) Putin's actual response (video) and the reporter's question (transcript) on the White House website? The ****ing goddamn bloody government website?

Most of us who still have attachments to reality recognize that nobody "gives a shit" because of how commonplace it is for this administration to pull shit like this off. ACTUAL censorship is being ignored because a chaotic and ass-backwards administration has turned this type of shit into a near-daily recurrence.

Yes, tell me more about the left is ruining everything by... complaining about this? I mean, or even complaining about how one of the largest foreign powers in the world that America is fundamentally at odds with tampered in their election? These aren't noteworthy things to "complain" about any longer because of your sectarian distaste?

Quality memes, bro. Is this another "joke?"

You can complain about it. But calling it Pearl Harbor and Kristallnacht is batshit insane. Just acknowledge that. Tell me you're intelligent enough to see the difference between "this is wrong, Trump shouldn't have done it" and "waaah! Pearl Harbor! Kristallnacht!". Type those words out. "Surtur, I understand it is batshit insane to make these comparisons even though valid criticisms are warranted".

And don't whine at me about off topic posts kiddo. There's an entire topic dedicated to Trump and his presidency.

Surtur
Your hysterical reaction just proves my point. NOBODY said do not complain. The fact that you feel "this shouldn't be compared to Pearl Harbor or Kristallnacht" translates into "don't complain at all" is mindblowing. Almost like you see no middle ground between not saying a thing and being a god damn lunatic.

The Lost
So, it's legit come down to someone not being able to summarize your position because you didn't EXACTLY say those EXACT words? Listen, pay attention. Here's what you said:

You said "people take it too far" and "leftists are whining." Like, "complain" is a completely justify and fair synonym for "whine." If you argue in bad faith once more or try to lie your way out of a stupid statement, you're dead to me and I'm walking away.

I don't give a shit about some offhand comparison that was made when the Trump administration is legit editing reporter statements and the statements of Putin to provide disinformation to the public on an official government website. Stop obfuscating so you can try to get away with what I can understate as bad prioritizing.

Also, are we going to discuss how you blamed the left for something the Trump administration (still also known as Not The Left) did? Are we moving on? Are you going to step into a pattern of gish-galloping ON TOP of pivoting?

This is what I mean about you pack of useful idiots. The left is always somehow responsible or must be worse when the reality is often the complete opposite. The blindness you guys have for a variety of important shit knows no bounds.

I'm getting bored. Please do something other than reinforce a cult of personality. I'm ****ing begging you here.

Surtur
So, it's legit come down to someone not being able to summarize your position because you didn't EXACTLY say those EXACT words? Listen, pay attention. Here's what you said:

You said "people take it too far" and "leftists are whining." Like, "complain" is a completely justify and fair synonym for "whine." If you argue in bad faith once more or try to lie your way out of a stupid statement, you're dead to me and I'm walking away.

I don't give a shit about some offhand comparison that was made when the Trump administration is legit editing reporter statements and the statements of Putin to provide disinformation to the public on an official government website. Stop obfuscating so you can try to get away with what I can understate as bad prioritizing.

Also, are we going to discuss how you blamed the left for something the Trump administration (still also known as Not The Left) did? Are we moving on? Are you going to step into a pattern of gish-galloping ON TOP of pivoting?

This is what I mean about you pack of useful idiots. The left is always somehow responsible or must be worse when the reality is often the complete opposite. The blindness you guys have for a variety of important shit knows no bounds.

I'm getting bored. Please do something other than reinforce a cult of personality. I'm ****ing begging you here.

Holy shit you are super triggered. I'm not blaming the left for ANYTHING Trump has done in regards to Putin or Russia. I am blaming the left for being so utterly god damn hysterical over things. Things they have LEGITIMATE reasons to complain about...they f*ck it up, cuz they're going off about god damn Pearl Harbor and Kristallnacht.

THAT is the left taking it too far. The fact you can't see this is insanity. MSNBC made those claims. Then the next day were utterly flabbergasted over poll results that suggested people don't give a shit about Russia. I am trying to explain to you lunatics why this is. But you don't wanna hear it. Just wanna scream about Trump.

Lady/Fella/Whatever: I agree with you in the sense this is disturbing. What I am telling you is if you ever want to bring this president down you need more than the people already on your side to achieve that. And your lunacy is turning off anyone who isn't already a card carrying member of your little cult.

It's why #WalkAway is gaining momentum and leftists are scrambling to say it's Russian bots doing it.

The Lost

Rage.Of.Olympus

WTF is wrong with you?

Your White House Administration just deliberately edited public information.

Who the f*ck cares what some idiotic, liberal reporters at MSNBC overreact to? That has ZERO bearing on this. Leave it the f*ck out of this thread, and be an adult. Discuss the matter at hand.

The left may be the boy who cried Wolf, but that really doesn't matter when an actual Wolf comes along. At that point, what matters is the danger at hand. Holy f*ck bro.

Watch the video. Forget the politics. Be better than the radical leftists or the right. Be your own goddamn man. Recognize an actual threat to democracy when you see it. If you want, I can recommend a few excellent books that examine the historic falls of democracy. Once you understand how fragile our existence in the West is, how UNLIKELY it is, based on human nature and the history before us, you'll understand that the moment democracy is threatened, it doesn't matter who is at fault. Politics should no longer matter. It might matter to the pundits and the extremists but so what? F*ck those parasites. They'll always be around to sell out their fellow citizens. What matters is how you approach it.

Be your own man. Jesus.

The Lost
If you have to walk someone through why this is bad, they're unequipped for a discussion about it. Of course, this won't stop Surtur from going on and on like a deranged Energizer bunny. Just thought I'd mention it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
WTF is wrong with you?

Your White House Administration just deliberately edited public information.

Who the f*ck cares what some idiotic, liberal reporters at MSNBC overreact to? That has ZERO bearing on this. Leave it the f*ck out of this thread, and be an adult. Discuss the matter at hand.

The left may be the boy who cried Wolf, but that really doesn't matter when an actual Wolf comes along. At that point, what matters is the danger at hand. Holy f*ck bro.

Watch the video. Forget the politics. Be better than the radical leftists or the right. Be your own goddamn man. Recognize an actual threat to democracy when you see it. If you want, I can recommend a few excellent books that examine the historic falls of democracy. Once you understand how fragile our existence in the West is, how UNLIKELY it is, based on human nature and the history before us, you'll understand that the moment democracy is threatened, it doesn't matter who is at fault. Politics should no longer matter. It might matter to the pundits and the extremists but so what? F*ck those parasites. They'll always be around to sell out their fellow citizens. What matters is how you approach it.

Be your own man. Jesus.

Lol christ almighty. It's not even just MSNBC. I don't want Trump to win in 2020. Yet his approval rating is apparently now at the highest it has ever been.

Why? Cuz of the god damn hysteria surrounding everything. And that is what I don't want to see occur for the stories where we legitimately need to be worried about.

The hysteria is completely out of control. Deal with that fact.

Surtur
If you have to walk someone through why this is bad, they're unequipped for a discussion about it. Of course, this won't stop Surtur from going on and on like a deranged Energizer bunny. Just thought I'd mention it.

And this is what I mean about the hysteria. Though some will pat you on the back for this comment...nobody actually said this was not bad. Therein lies the lunacy of this lol. You are unhinged and had to go step by step over something nobody even disagreed with in the first place.

Read the words I am saying: the sheer hysteria over Trump is getting to record levels and it is doing real harm. Real issues *like the one in this thread* get engulfed in the tidal wave of insanity we are seeing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It doesn't matter if you or I think Surtur might be unintelligent. He is still a U.S. Citizen, and I think he has to understand why this is so dangerous.

This right here is grounds for impeachment imo. I don't care if it was Obama, Hillary, or Trump. This right here is grounds for impeachment IF we know Trump had a hand in it. Of course, plenty of room for denial and scapegoating on some poor White House staffer to distance himself but WTF man.

I thought the Russia thing was a little overblown but going to these lengths? Man, I had no doubt Russia interfered and helped Trump win. Putin can't even help himself, he is who he is. But now I genuinely think there is some super shady shit going on BOTH sides outside of Manafort and those other idiots.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol christ almighty. It's not even just MSNBC. I don't want Trump to win in 2020. Yet his approval rating is apparently now at the highest it has ever been.

Why? Cuz of the god damn hysteria surrounding everything. And that is what I don't want to see occur for the stories where we legitimately need to be worried about.

The hysteria is completely out of control. Deal with that fact.

It doesn't matter. Pundits and biased news organizations are irrelevant.

They are mostly the remnant idiots on a sinking ship while everyone with real intelligence more or less has adapted to alternative forms of media.

This has NOTHING to do with this particular thread. Start a new one. Please, for the love of your own country and liberty: Let it go.

Recognize the milestone where bipartisan politics STOPS mattering.

Surtur
It doesn't matter if you or I think Surtur might be unintelligent. He is still a U.S. Citizen, and I think he has to understand why this is so dangerous.

This right here is grounds for impeachment imo. I don't care if it was Obama, Hillary, or Trump. This right here is grounds for impeachment IF we know Trump had a hand in it. Of course, plenty of room for denial and scapegoating on some poor White House staffer to distance himself but WTF man.

I thought the Russia thing was a little overblown but going to these lengths? Man, I had no doubt Russia interfered and helped Trump win. Putin can't even help himself, he is who he is. But now I genuinely think there was collusion.

At this point you have to be trolling. I never said this wasn't wrong. I never said it wasn't disturbing.

Surtur
It doesn't matter. Pundits and biased news organizations are irrelevant.

They are mostly the remnant idiots on a sinking ship while everyone with real intelligence more or less has adapted to alternative forms of media.

This has NOTHING to do with this particular thread. Start a new one. Please, for the love of your own country and liberty: Let it go.

Recognize the milestone where bipartisan politics STOPS mattering.

Lol you know what you people are insane. "For the love of your country and liberty let it go".

Jesus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
At this point you have to be trolling. I never said this wasn't wrong. I never said it wasn't disturbing.

Stop hamstering. If it is bad, elaborate. Discuss it. Give us your opinion on it. We are now on the second page discussing something irrelevant to the OP.

Can we move on and discuss the issue at hand? Give us a break down on how bad you think this is.

The blatant misinformation and propaganda.

Lol you know what you people are insane. "For the love of your country and liberty let it go".

Jesus.

"People"?

All I'm asking you is to STFU about the crazy radical leftists. Watch the video in full and discuss the current issue at hand.

I'm saying "let it go." Don't forget about, forgive it, or assume it is irrelevant. Because it is relevant, and their idiocy is one of the reasons you have this clown as President. I'm saying for this singular moment in time, divorce your political baggage from the discussion at hand.

You've done this plenty of times here. Are you unable to just discuss the issue at hand without dragging anything else into it in this moment? Even if you feel like the radical left isn't able to, are you not better than those idiots?

The Lost
And this is what I mean about the hysteria. Though some will pat you on the back for this comment...nobody actually said this was not bad. Therein lies the lunacy of this lol. You are unhinged and had to go step by step over something nobody even disagreed with in the first place.

Read the words I am saying: the sheer hysteria over Trump is getting to record levels and it is doing real harm. Real issues *like the one in this thread* get engulfed in the tidal wave of insanity we are seeing.

You know what? I'm feeling charitable and I'm willing to give you another shot, okay?

You said it "overshadows" legit gripes. In what UNIVERSE does a commentator making a comparison you took out of context (second time in like a few hours I've seen you take someone out of context) have priority over...

*drum roll*

... One of the most powerful developed nations on Earth feeding disinformation to the public through a GOVERNMENT website?

How is what you'd label "hysteria" (it's not because people have a justified reason to be outraged, at the very least, by what happened) worse than what the Trump administration did?

Explain yourself. It's your last chance to do it, at least with me.

Surtur
There's an entire topic dedicated to Trump's presidency.

And yes, people: people like you. Who act hysterical. I was responding to comment about MSNBC, but it was about the overall hysteria at large.

And the response was...for people to get hysterical and start saying I said people can't criticize Trump and that I don't think this is bad.

This happened.

The Lost
There's an entire topic dedicated to Trump's presidency.

And yes, people: people like you. Who act hysterical. I was responding to comment about MSNBC, but it was about the overall hysteria at large.

And the response was...for people to get hysterical and start saying I said people can't criticize Trump and that I don't think this is bad.

This happened.

Okay, so, I'll leave the offer open for a bit if you want to try again later. Please read what you've said and how I've responded and at least attempt to digest it because this is just absurd now.

I'm not playing the weasel-word game so figure it out.

Surtur
You know what? I'm feeling charitable and I'm willing to give you another shot, okay?

You said it "overshadows" legit gripes. In what UNIVERSE does a commentator making a comparison you took out of context (second time in like a few hours I've seen you take someone out of context) have priority over...

*drum roll*

... One of the most powerful developed nations on Earth feeding disinformation to the public through a GOVERNMENT website?

How is what you'd label "hysteria" (it's not because people have a justified reason to be outraged, at the very least, by what happened) worse than what the Trump administration did?

Explain yourself. It's your last chance to do it, at least with me.

The commentator is just one part of it. Just an example I used.

Surtur
Okay, so, I'll leave the offer open for a bit if you want to try again later. Please read what you've said and how I've responded and at least attempt to digest it because this is just absurd now.

I'm not playing the weasel-word game so figure it out.

You can have issues with my original comment, but I have further elaborated on what I am talking about. Yes, this does bother me, I do see it as bad. And I'm afraid of it just being a single drop in the ocean of outrage that surrounds this man.

The Lost
You can have issues with my original comment, but I have further elaborated on what I am talking about. Yes, this does bother me, I do see it as bad. And I'm afraid of it just being a single drop in the ocean of outrage that surrounds this man.

No, you didn't "elaborate." You said the MSNBC lady's comparison "overshadowed legit gripes" people might have about...

Oh no...

NOT AGAIN...

So, no, it didn't overshadow a goddamn thing and it's not even relevant anyway and I don't care if you see it as bad because you went off about some MSNBC contributor's comparison and just said, "Yeah, this is bad too." You're playing down what Trump has done here.

Anyway, Wine-Banks was discussing when Trump sided with Putin about Russian election interference, which happened. Then, she said she felt it would live in infamy with other enormous historical events. Is it because she was on MSNBC and Maddow was discussing the White House website shit on MSNBC? Is that, like, the connection you did there?

So, comments about a Pearl Harbor comparison overshadows Trump agreeing that there wasn't election interference by Russia with the guy who was BEHIND it and Trump's administration purposely putting blatant disinformation on their website? The WHOLE point is that this is NOT hysteria. It's not an overreaction. It's a justified reaction to more tremendously awful shit.

You're trying to distract from that and it's an indirect way of saying, "This is worse." Do you know what "overshadow" means? Christ almighty. Why are you like this?

Surtur
No, you didn't "elaborate." You said the MSNBC lady's comparison "overshadowed legit gripes" people might have about...

Oh no...

NOT AGAIN...

So, no, it didn't overshadow a goddamn thing and it's not even relevant anyway and I don't care if you see it as bad because you went off about some MSNBC contributor's comparison and just said, "Yeah, this is bad too." You're playing down what Trump has done here.

Anyway, Wine-Banks was discussing when Trump sided with Putin about Russian election interference, which happened. Then, she said she felt it would live in infamy with other enormous historical events. Is it because she was on MSNBC and Maddow was discussing the White House website shit on MSNBC? Is that, like, the connection you did there?

So, comments about a Pearl Harbor comparison overshadows Trump agreeing that there wasn't election interference by Russia with the guy who was BEHIND it and Trump's administration purposely putting blatant disinformation on their website? The WHOLE point is that this is NOT hysteria. It's not an overreaction. It's a justified reaction to more tremendously awful shit.

You're trying to distract from that and it's an indirect way of saying, "This is worse." Do you know what "overshadow" means? Christ almighty. Why are you like this?

The entire point is that when you're hysterical about everything the truly important stuff just gets lost.

But keep going.

The Lost
The entire point is that when you're hysterical about everything the truly important stuff just gets lost.

But keep going.

Most people who characterize "hysterical" behavior as, say, an irrational outburst out of fear. The part I struggle to get behind is the "irrational" portion of that.

Do you not understand the ramifications of what this administration is doing to America? Are you just ignoring it? There is a justifiable reason as to why people are exploding at this news. It's a big ****ing deal and your contribution to it has been, "Yeah, but, the left too."

I have trouble sleeping. Give me some tips on how you do it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

But keep going.

Hey man, did you watch the entire video The Lost posted?

I've fact checked everything she referenced. The shit is terrifying man.

50 years ago, this would be like the worst case scenario. Hilary might be shit, but I genuinely believe, Trump is compromised to some degree.

Surtur
Most people who characterize "hysterical" behavior as, say, an irrational outburst out of fear. The part I struggle to get behind is the "irrational" portion of that.

Do you not understand the ramifications of what this administration is doing to America? Are you just ignoring it? There is a justifiable reason as to why people are exploding at this news. It's a big ****ing deal and your contribution to it has been, "Yeah, but, the left too."

I have trouble sleeping. Give me some tips on how you do it.

Lol dude once again: I understand what is going on. I am saying the utter hysteria surrounding everything Trump is doing real damage.

It is a big deal, but we now live in a society that has made everything about Trump a massive story and that is doing harm.

You got super triggered over me posting this. I've explained myself multiple times now. Nobody is stopping you from furthering the discussion on this.

Surtur
Hey man, did you watch the entire video The Lost posted?

I've fact checked everything she referenced. The shit is terrifying man.

50 years ago, this would be like the worst case scenario. Hilary might be shit, but I genuinely believe, Trump is compromised to some degree.

If you truly feel this way you should be agreeing with me. I'm serious lol. It's not just a commentator on MSNBC, even though The Lost has decided to hone in on that...for me that is one example. Just one. But there is constant hysteria over Trump and everything he does. I feel this does damage. I feel this distracts from legitimately disturbing things.

We will hear more about these friggin Michael Cohen recordings about some porn star than we will about this story in the MSM. THAT SHOULD SCARE YOU. If you are truly this terrified, that should scare you even more. But you just refuse to see it, why?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you truly feel this way you should be agreeing with me. I'm serious lol. It's not just a commentator on MSNBC, even though The Lost has decided to hone in on that...for me that is one example. Just one. But there is constant hysteria over Trump and everything he does. I feel this does damage. I feel this distracts from legitimately disturbing things.

We will hear more about these friggin Michael Cohen recordings about some porn star than we will about this story in the MSM. THAT SHOULD SCARE YOU. If you are truly this terrified, that should scare you even more. But you just refuse to see it, why?

I get what you're saying. I do.

If you create so much noise over idiocy, you lose sight of the real picture.

My man, I think in the next 6-12 months, Russia is going to slowly try and dismantle the confidence your military has in the military chain of command.

You need to not underestimate how terrible the Russian military industrial complex is. One of the reasons we won the cold war was because defectors were terrified at the worst-case scenario plans the USSR was putting together and very willing to use. Such as nuking their neighbors to the South-East to limit access of US troops etc.

The Lost
Lol dude once again: I understand what is going on. I am saying the utter hysteria surrounding everything Trump is doing real damage.

It is a big deal, but we now live in a society that has made everything about Trump a massive story and that is doing harm.

You got super triggered over me posting this. I've explained myself multiple times now. Nobody is stopping you from furthering the discussion on this.

Trump does negative newsworthy shit on the constant so how is that doing harm if it's ****ing accurate? Again, the "real harm" is talking about... the real harm, just like the left are the "real racists." This shit is tiresome.

Why wouldn't the shit that one of the most powerful and influential figures in the world does NOT end up being massive stories a large portion of the time? He's the POTUS.

What about this isn't resonating? Again, you're talking about the "hysteria" that's doing the "real damage" but most sane people would say the real damage is the government spreading misinformation on purpose.

Surtur
I get what you're saying. I do.

If you create so much noise over idiocy, you lose sight of the real picture.

My man, I think in the next 6-12 months, Russia is going to slowly try and dismantle the confidence your military has in the military chain of command.

You need to not underestimate how terrible the Russian military industrial complex is. One of the reasons we won the cold war was because defectors were terrified at the worst-case scenario plans the USSR was putting together and very willing to use. Such as nuking their neighbors to the South-East to limit access of US troops etc.

I agree we need not underestimate Russia. But we won't from a few years ago people laughing at Mitt Romney over Russia to...the hysteria we are hit with. Day in and day out.

Hysteria. 24/7. We are being bombarded with this shit. Accusations of nazis, fascism, hitler, and who the hell else knows. Claims of treason(something punishable by death here).

I think this entire thing is just as dangerous as anything any other country can do to us. People are unhinged. Mob violence is now becoming something you hear about more and more it seems.

Surtur
Trump does negative newsworthy shit on the constant so how is that doing harm if it's ****ing accurate? Again, the "real harm" is talking about... the real harm, just like the left are the "real racists." This shit is tiresome.

Why wouldn't the shit that one of the most powerful and influential figures in the world does NOT end up being massive stories a large portion of the time? He's the POTUS.

What about this isn't resonating? Again, you're talking about the "hysteria" that's doing the "real damage" but most sane people would say the real damage is the government spreading misinformation on purpose.

Most sane people would say the damage being done by the government is wrong and the damage being done by this hysteria is wrong. That is certainly what I am saying.

You are just ADDING to the problem, not helping.

The Lost
I agree we need not underestimate Russia. But we won't from a few years ago people laughing at Mitt Romney over Russia to...the hysteria we are hit with. Day in and day out.

Hysteria. 24/7. We are being bombarded with this shit. Accusations of nazis, fascism, hitler, and who the hell else knows. Claims of treason(something punishable by death here).

I think this entire thing is just as dangerous as anything any other country can do to us. People are unhinged. Mob violence is now becoming something you hear about more and more it seems.

Again, though, now you're just repainting. These are accusations and they aren't always poignant or even accurate. Fair enough. However, you continue to bring this up in the company of us discussing how Trump denied something that there's strong evidence for and his administration literally trying to alter the public record and spread disinformation like what a genuine fascist government would do. So, yeah, these comparisons are not as "hysterical" as you seem to believe, is all I am telling you, and they're in no way as bad as what the alt-right and the Trump administration engage in.

Yeah, of course people assume Trump colluded, especially with what's being investigated and how inconsistent/dishonest he is. Why wouldn't someone reasonably assumed he could've been involved in the 2016 election interference?

It's false equivalencies and absurdities abound with you and I'm not getting anywhere. At all.

Surtur
Again, though, now you're just repainting. These are accusations and they aren't always poignant or even accurate. Fair enough. However, you continue to bring this up in the company of us discussing how Trump denied something that there's strong evidence for and his administration literally trying to alter the public record and spread disinformation like what a genuine fascist government would do. So, yeah, these comparisons are not as "hysterical" as you seem to believe, is all I am telling you, and they're in no way as bad as what the alt-right and the Trump administration engage in.

Yeah, of course people assume Trump colluded, especially with what's being investigated and how inconsistent/dishonest he is. Why wouldn't someone reasonably assumed he could've been involved in the 2016 election interference?

It's false equivalencies and absurdities abound with you and I'm not getting anywhere. At all.

Just wow. You seem unhinged lady. This is disturbing news indeed, but no it is still not Kristallnacht. Jesus.

The Lost
Just wow. You seem unhinged lady. This is disturbing news indeed, but no it is still not Kristallnacht. Jesus.

If you could point me to who said that this was Kristallnacht...

Surtur
If you could point me to who said that this was Kristallnacht...

You were just arguing that these comparisons are not are hysterical as I might want to believe. The comparisons I have been mentioning are Pearl Harbor and Kristallnacht.

This needs to be made abundantly clear: there is cause for alarm, but it does not come close to things like Pearl Harbor, etc. Period. So yes, those specific kinds of comparisons are still indeed hysteria, is what I'm saying. If you agree? Good.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Imo, a lot of the divide in your country is being caused by foreign interference. Social media is being used as a tool to destabilize your country and draw lines in the sand.

In 20 years, people will be writing about what is happening in the USA right now as textbook foreign sabotage through social media. I HOPE the U.S. can come out of this stronger than before.

I think you guys desperately need a leader to unite the people. I'm not trying to start an argument here or anything, but I think Trump is constantly attempting to divide the country on purpose. He knows how to trigger people, and I think he wants a weaker US.

He's also an idiot, and Putin would have him assassinated in a heart beat if it could further his needs.

The Lost
You were just arguing that these comparisons are not are hysterical as I might want to believe. The comparisons I have been mentioning are Pearl Harbor and Kristallnacht.

This needs to be made abundantly clear: there is cause for alarm, but it does not come close to things like Pearl Harbor, etc. Period. So yes, those specific kinds of comparisons are still indeed hysteria, is what I'm saying. If you agree? Good.

So, again, the quote was that Trump denying that Russia meddled in the 2016 election with Putin will "go down in infamy" like those other events, not that this was necessarily comparable to Pearl Harbor or the Kristallnacht. So, you taking someone out of context is cause for alarm and you're discussing this and saying it has the capacity to overshadow...

Dude, need I say it again?

EVEN if your context was THE actual context, it still wouldn't overshadow or should not come near what the Trump administration's been doing. There's no way out of this, Surtur. The position is untenable.

Surtur
So, again, the quote was that Trump denying that Russia meddled in the 2016 election with Putin will "go down in infamy" like those other events, not that this was necessarily comparable to Pearl Harbor or the Kristallnacht. So, you taking someone out of context is cause for alarm and you're discussing this and saying it has the capacity to overshadow...

Dude, need I say it again?

EVEN if your context was THE actual context, it still wouldn't overshadow or should not come near what the Trump administration's been doing. There's no way out of this, Surtur. The position is untenable.

Except no it won't go down in infamy like those other things, that is something a lunatic says and you are trying to defend it.

And it's one example of hysteria.

The Lost
Except no it won't go down in infamy like those other things, that is something a lunatic says and you are trying to defend it.

And it's one example of hysteria.

Yeah, okay. If you think she's incorrect? Fair enough. Being incorrect about a comparison might be a just a tiny bit distant from a government officially spreading disinforma...

No, not again.

No probs. I'm hysterical and a lunatic. lol no worries

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stop being so polarized guys. This is the POINT. It's what Russia wants.

Surtur
Yeah, okay. If you think she's incorrect? Fair enough. Being incorrect about a comparison might be a just a tiny bit distant from a government officially spreading disinforma...

No, not again.

No probs. I'm hysterical and a lunatic. lol no worries

One more time: it was just one example of the hysteria we see surrounding Trump. This behavior is not stopping the government from spreading misinformation. It just makes a bad situation worse.

And yep, you do seem unhinged. Sorry.

Robtard
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-white-house-cuts-putin-support-for-trump-out-of-transcript-1284716611545?playlist=associated

Jesus.

The new Trump Admin spin is that Russia doesn't want Trump to win and they're going to interfere in the upcoming elections to help the Democrats. So cutting out Putin's support is just part of that spin. The Cult of Trump will eat it up.

"I'm very concerned that Russia will be fighting very hard to have an impact on the upcoming Election. Based on the fact that no President has been tougher on Russia than me, they will be pushing very hard for the Democrats. They definitely don't want Trump!" -Trump via Twitter 07/24/2018

The Lost
Stop being so polarized guys. This is the POINT. It's what Russia wants.

Russia wants what Surtur represents, not someone like myself who's openly resisting that. Realistically, I'd imagine Russia enjoys the division to some extent but they'd prefer if I agreed with Surtur's positions. I assume they want their influence and involvement cloaked.

The Lost
One more time: it was just one example of the hysteria we see surrounding Trump. This behavior is not stopping the government from spreading misinformation. It just makes a bad situation worse.

And yep, you do seem unhinged. Sorry.

You still haven't explained how, though. How is complaining really badly about a reeeeeallly bad situation making that situation worse? Wouldn't distractions from the actual issue at hand "make it worse," like with what you're doing?

No, it's not directly stopping them but exposure and outrage to this kind of flagrant corruption and disinformation is important, no? I'd like to know why you don't seem to value that.

Surtur
You still haven't explained how, though. How is complaining really badly about a reeeeeallly bad situation making that situation worse? Wouldn't distractions from the actual issue at hand "make it worse," like with what you're doing?

No, it's not directly stopping them but exposure and outrage to this kind of flagrant corruption and disinformation is important, no? I'd like to know why you don't seem to value that.

Because it tends to cause people to tune out the important stories.

Instead we focus on Stormy Daniels or Michael Cohen. Because all the outrage looks the same now.

Robtard
Russia wants what Surtur represents, not someone like myself who's openly resisting that. Realistically, I'd imagine Russia enjoys the division to some extent but they'd prefer if I agreed with Surtur's positions. I assume they want their influence and involvement cloaked.

I'd say the division is equally wanted and the RoO is correct, but that doesn't make you incorrect either.

The more someone like you goes "Trump is literally lying to your face consistently and Russian meddling is a huge issue on a global scale", someone like Surtur will go "nah, nah, nah, you're just suffering from Trump derangement!"

Surtur

See this makes you sound like a crazy person lol.

The Lost
Because it tends to cause people to tune out the important stories

Yeah, but, it seems like some people aren't. Please tell me why these people consistently happen to be on the left, Surtur.

See this makes you sound like a crazy person lol.

Okay. Why?

Surtur
Yeah, but, it seems like some people aren't. Please tell me why these people consistently happen to be on the left, Surtur.

Okay. Why?

Cuz they whine about every single thing Trump does, would be my guess.

Surtur

Okay. Why?

"Russia wants their influence cloaked" like I'm saying we should ignore what Russia does because some people in this country behave like utter lunatics over Russia. Except that is not what has been said.

The Lost
Cuz they whine about every single thing Trump does, would be my guess.

People "whine" or complain or criticize a lot of what Trump does, I can agree with that. I mean, why not? He does a lot of crazy shit and he's one of the most powerful figures in the world. Surtur, this should be easy.

No, you just want to shift the priority of it and that is a means of ignoring something. You want the BEHAVIOR or people's responses to election interference and government-level disinformation to take precedence over the aforementioned actions themselves. You've demonstrated that handily.

Surtur
People "whine" or complain or criticize a lot of what Trump does, I can agree with that. I mean, why not? He does a lot of crazy shit and he's one of the most powerful figures in the world. Surtur, this should be easy.

No, you just want to shift the priority of it and that is a means of ignoring something. You want the BEHAVIOR or people's responses to election interference and government-level disinformation to take precedence over the aforementioned actions themselves. You've demonstrated that handily.

It doesn't mean people need to take it to the psychotic levels we've seen it rise to.

The Lost
It doesn't mean people need to take it to the psychotic levels we've seen it rise to.

I think it's warranted, based on things the Trump administration has done. Why do you think it isn't warranted? I need something other than these nebulous "psychotic" and "hysteric" levels.

Surtur
I think it's warranted, based on things the Trump administration has done. Why do you think it isn't warranted? I need something other than these nebulous "psychotic" and "hysteric" levels.

Because I don't think it has gone far enough to warrant it. It is that simple. I think anger and worry is warranted, but to the insane degree some have? No.

Beniboybling

Robtard
"Russia wants their influence cloaked" like I'm saying we should ignore what Russia does because some people in this country behave like utter lunatics over Russia. Except that is not what has been said.

You have though, you've mocked me and others as 'whining over Russian' and downplayed their reach/influence

The Lost
Because I don't think it has gone far enough to warrant it. It is that simple. I think anger and worry is warranted, but to the insane degree some have? No.

In that case, we have nothing to discuss. We will never agree on this because you do not think this is incredibly serious to warrant backlash and total outrage and I firmly do.

Robtard

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
You have though, you've mocked me and others as 'whining over Russian' and downplayed their reach/influence

I've never said ignore Russia though. Never.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Trump yesterday at a speach to Veterans:

"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening. Just stick with us, don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news."

It's like he was directly paraphrasing Orwell's 1984. But sure, something something The Left.

Is he trying to start a dictatorship or...? I'm confused. Why is he driving such a wedge in the country? It has to be calculated.

Robtard
I've never said ignore Russia though. Never.

You just downplayed and mocked people who spoke about Russian meddling, you did this in 2016,2017 and 2018, you've only fairly recently started to change your tune, within the last 3-4 months. You did this because you see/saw it as an attack on Trump.

Surtur
You just downplayed and mocked people who spoke about Russian meddling, you did this in 2016,2017 and 2018, you've only fairly recently started to change your tune, within the last 3-4 months. You did this because you see/saw it as an attack on Trump.

I've mocked the meddling in terms of their hilarious attempts on Facebook. Or the video game they made. I'm not sorry, that shit was funny as hell.

Surtur

Robtard
I've mocked the meddling in terms of their hilarious attempts on Facebook. Or the video game they made. I'm not sorry, that shit was funny as hell.
You mocked, attacked and deflected nigh everything involving Russian meddling in our election, you did this up until a few months ago at least.

Surtur
You mocked, attacked and deflected nigh everything involving Russian meddling in our election, you did this up until a few months ago at least.

Like I said: the video game shit was hilarious. And the gay Bernie thing they did. Comedy gold.

Surtur
I will say Trump is a hypocrite over this though. He thought Obama should have resigned when the WH edited the transcript of the pulse nightclub shooters call.

quanchi112

Putinbot1
Putinbot1 before it gained sentience was used to attack America. Putinbot1 knows the truth!

Surtur
So the Washington Post is saying this isn't true lol.

God damn hilarious.

If they are correct: dipshits are done whining over Trump talking about fake news. You god damn psychopaths went ballistic over this.

Flyattractor
It is the WashPost... They are probably lying...

Surtur
It is the WashPost... They are probably lying...

That I guess is the hilarious part cuz either way it's fake news lol.

Either the original story was fake news or the WaPo is pushing fake news for the WH now.

Crazed leftists: choose. It'll be funny. Choose one.

Flyattractor
Laugh at the Loony Lefties!

Surtur
I wonder who they will deem fake news. Rachel Maddow or the WaPo. It will be interesting.

Though to be fair the insanity has reached such levels we might just see some gold medal worthy mental gymnastics where they try to say both stories are right.

Flyattractor
It would be interesting if one of the more DULL Guys like Cruz or Carson had gotten elected. Just to see what diff twist they would have came up with to spin their lies and deciet.

ArtificialGlory

Flyattractor
#LockTheLoonyLeftUp

Surtur
Still love that now the left has put themselves in a situation of call MSNBC bullshit or Washington Post bullshit.

Which will it be?

quanchi112
Typical trump tactic try to to about the Democrats and avoi the issue at hands. Surtur get a clue.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Typical trump tactic try to to about the Democrats and avoi the issue at hands. Surtur get a clue.

Lol someone spread fake news. Either MSNBC did or Washington Post did. Deal with it kiddo. It's not open for debate.

quanchi112
Lol someone spread fake news. Either MSNBC did or Washington Post did. Deal with it kiddo. It's not open for debate. Trump spreads fake news daily. Deal with it, dog boy.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Trump spreads fake news daily. Deal with it, dog boy.

Even if your statement was 100% true that doesn't make it okay for others to do so. Especially when one papers slogan is "democracy dies in darkness" lol.

So yep, one of them is fake news. I wonder which one leftists will choose.

I guess there is a third option: scream about trump until people change the subject. Go for it.

quanchi112

Surtur

The Lost
It seems the White House website has edited the transcript and has the full quote now. My concern was that, despite the fact that they did not apparently edit it, that they would leave the transcript as-is but they did not. I was off about this so my apologies.

Here is the article Surtur mentioned earlier: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/07/25/no-the-white-house-didnt-intentionally-edit-a-question-to-putin-out-of-a-video/?utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.72c5f7bb37af

I will request that this thread be closed, due to it effectively being useless as this particular issue is resolved.

ArtificialGlory
It seems the White House website has edited the transcript and has the full quote now. My concern was that, despite the fact that they did not apparently edit it, that they would leave the transcript as-is but they did not. I was off about this so my apologies.

Here is the article Surtur mentioned earlier: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/07/25/no-the-white-house-didnt-intentionally-edit-a-question-to-putin-out-of-a-video/?utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.72c5f7bb37af

I will request that this thread be closed, due to it effectively being useless as this particular issue is resolved.
The issue is not resolved, if I may object. Putin just openly admitted that he cucked the US by actively shilling for Trump.

The Lost
The issue is not resolved, if I may object. Putin just openly admitted that he cucked the US by actively shilling for Trump.

Oh, of course. There's also Trump agreeing with Putin that there wasn't election interference. However, this thread is specifically about the White House editing transcripts and video. As far as I'm concerned, that particular issue is dead.

Surtur

But this entire drama was way overblown. Rachel Maddow seems to have egg on her face, again.

Trump has been given more ammo, again.

The Lost
It was reasonable to assume it was intentional. This administration is utterly and easily capable of doing this, considering it's past and current track record.

Surtur
Therein lies the issue though. The logic of "seems like some shit they would do so it must be true, no need to look too deep" has consistently caused the media to do shit like this.

And it continues to harm the credibility of the media.

Surtur
Hell even I believed it.

Robtard
The difference is, will they double-down and continue pushing it like Trump does with this lies or retract it and say they've made an error.

Surtur
The difference is, will they double-down and continue pushing it like Trump does with this lies or retract it and say they've made an error.

Maddow seems to have doubled down.

Robtard
She's an idiot if so

Surtur
Yep.

quanchi112

Surtur

Robtard
I think Quan's point is that you never really give a shit when Trump lies (which he does nigh constantly) and then doubles down on said lie, you brush it off as being of little to zero consequence.

Flyattractor
Much like How people like Robbie did the EXACT Same Thing with the Obama Administration?

Surtur
I think Quan's point is that you never really give a shit when Trump lies (which he does nigh constantly) and then doubles down on said lie, you brush it off as being of little to zero consequence.

I do care when Trump lies, this topic was about the WH deceiving us. I said it was disturbing. So that just doesn't fly.

But either way it's irrelevant: fake news is fake news.

And you people never give two shits when the media lies. So really I would just advise moving on.

Robtard
And you people never give two shits when the media lies. So really I would just advise moving on.

When I have I brushed off a "media lie"? Give examples.

ps I just said Maddow is an idiot if she did what you claimed.

Surtur
When I have I brushed off a "media lie"? Give examples.

ps I just said Maddow is an idiot if she did what you claimed.

Yep you called her an idiot. Same person who whines when I merely refer to something Trump did as awful or bad. Stop playing games.

quanchi112

Robtard
Yep you called her an idiot. Same person who whines when I merely refer to something Trump did as awful or bad. Stop playing games. So no examples to support your disparaging claim against me.

Surtur

Flyattractor
Go easy on the Quaster...He is Trans-ing from Thanos to Skeletor at the moment. I he is more confused then normal..

quanchi112

quanchi112

Surtur

quanchi112

Surtur

Flyattractor

quanchi112

Robtard
Every week there is some new lie pushed. Some sort of fake news.

You know that is more closely applied to Trump, actually, it should be "daily" and not weekly in regards to him.

quanchi112

Surtur
You know that is more closely applied to Trump, actually, it should be "daily" and not weekly in regards to him.

Yep, Trump lies more. The media still lies frequently. Everybody's a piece of shit.

BackFire
Guess I'll close this since the topic is no longer valid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.