Writer vs Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
You are the deciding fate for Marvel and DC. You choose which writer belongs to which character (you can include the artist as well). This writer will permanently writer the story for the character/s (include team books as well). Which writer will you have only touching your one character or your team books.

Go!!!

Philosophía
Can I choose one writer for multiple characters?

Galan007
Morrison.

Really doesn't matter what character he writes, the man ALWAYS delivers quality. Even his take on f*cking Santa Claus was excellent.

Philosophía
^

At the very least for Superman, Batman and Justice League.

I'd give Geoff Johns JSA and Green Lantern .

MrMind
Winnick on Exiles
Hickman on Avengers
Alan Moore on Wonder Woman and big events
Morrison on JLA and big events
Johns on Green Lantern and JSA
Gaiman on Sandman
Carey on Lucifer
Robinson on Superman
Waid on Flash
JMS on Thor

I don't read much marvel, but for DC they had a good thing going on late 90s to 00s, they reboot just to fix temporary low sales, look what that got them. Honestly the only problem they had that was bad were they kill off too many characters unnecessarily, so they decide to start over which was stupid imo.

cdtm
Originally posted by MrMind
Winnick on Exiles
Hickman on Avengers
Gaiman on Sandman
Carey on Lucifer
Robinson on Superman
Waid on Flash
JMS on Thor

I don't read much marvel, but for DC they had a good thing going on late 90s to 00s, they reboot just to fix temporary low sales, look what that got them. Honestly the only problem they had that was bad were they kill off too many characters unnecessarily, so they decide to start over which was stupid imo.

Oh yeah, 90's DC was just peachy:

https://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Fate-Retailer-Poster-1994.jpg

http://www.supermansupersite.com/electro.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQYugdcV4AAlXJG.jpg

Dat Youngblood.

When the strategy was to Liefeld everything up.

Philosophía
Robinson on Superman
*puts you on ignore*

-Pr-

leonidas
laughing out loud

you ever write fan-fic pr?

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

you ever write fan-fic pr?

All the time.

leonidas
where do you post?

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
where do you post?

Not any public sites. It's more rping on message boards and then constantly rewriting comic scripts I'm working on to fine-tune them.

I found very quickly while working on it though that continuity can **** off. I go out of my way not to contradict anything, but that's as far as I go as my own headcanon feels like it has a better handle of characters than half the people writing them nowadays.

riv6672

Wonder Man
Bill Sienkiewicz
all of marvel.

MrMind
Originally posted by cdtm
Oh yeah, 90's DC was just peachy:

https://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Fate-Retailer-Poster-1994.jpg

http://www.supermansupersite.com/electro.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQYugdcV4AAlXJG.jpg

Dat Youngblood.

When the strategy was to Liefeld everything up.

azrael and fate were awesome though
man I love 90s comics, the crow, darkness, spawn, sandman etc
early 00s were great too, wildstorm, lucifer

MrMind
can't quote phil

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, that was pretty wtf to me too.

you guys are cray cray, that mon-el arc story was amazing

new krypton was great too till the point at war of superman where he kill off all the kryptonians. I was hoping for tens of thousands kryptonians roaming the earth

NemeBro
Originally posted by Galan007
Morrison.

Really doesn't matter what character he writes, the man ALWAYS delivers quality. Even his take on f*cking Santa Claus was excellent. thumb up

Never read a story I didn't like by the man. If a writer is only allowed one character, I'd want him to get Superman.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by NemeBro
thumb up

Never read a story I didn't like by the man. If a writer is only allowed one character, I'd want him to get Superman.
Yeah, he writes Superman so well

krisblaze
Winnick on Exiles
Hickman on Avengers
Gaiman on Sandman
Carey on Lucifer
Robinson on Superman
Waid on Flash
JMS on Thor.

You want the most famous writers on their most famous runs?

One Big Mob
Here's a side question:

Do people think Morrison has surpassed Gaiman yet?

riv6672
Originally posted by NemeBro
thumb up

Just dont ever let him near the X-men again, particularly the Beast.

Originally posted by krisblaze
You want the most famous writers on their most famous runs?
Simple minds.

krisblaze
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Here's a side question:

Do people think Morrison has surpassed Gaiman yet?

They're difficult to compare, but I think Morrison has more or less equaled Moore, and Moore is definitely Gaiman's superior.

Look at the shitshow Gaiman put into works with Miracleman after Moore left...

-Pr-
can't quote phil

you guys are cray cray, that mon-el arc story was amazing

new krypton was great too till the point at war of superman where he kill off all the kryptonians. I was hoping for tens of thousands kryptonians roaming the earth

I thought New Krypton was awful, and a real low point for Superman comics between IC and Flashpoint.

riv6672
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Never met anyone who actually liked it.

wuleecat
Everything "Ultimates" after Mark Millar has been universally shite, so he should get the rights to that franchise. Im tempted to say that Hitch should get first dibs as well, that pairing was so good.

Nobody - not even Millar - wrote The Authority as well as Warren Ellis, but the Ellis/Quiteley team was better than Ellis /Hitch imho.

Hellboy is Mike Mignola. Any other artist just looks weird. Same with Madman and Mike Allred.

Galan007
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Here's a side question:

Do people think Morrison has surpassed Gaiman yet? I, for one, would put Morrison solidly above Gaiman.

Don't get me wrong, Gaiman is fantastic and one of the all-time greats... But as far as I'm concerned, Morrison is simply the best. I legitimately cannot think of a series/arc he's ever written that I have not thoroughly enjoyed.

That said, if I *had* to give him just one character to write, it would be Superman(mostly because All-Star Superman was arguably the best Superman story ever written.) However, the man brings quality to ALL characters he handles... Even Santa Claus, lol.

Wonder Man
I liked Neil Gaiman's book Good Omen.

Stoic
I enjoyed Claremont's X-Men of the 90's. I looked forward to reading every issue back in the day.

Simonson's Thor

David's Hulk.

Wonder Man
I liked the first Hulk movie when the screenwriters used panels like they did in the comic books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.