Cassandra Nova vs Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Stoic
I'm wondering how well Casandra would do against Legion?

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm wondering how well Casandra would do against Legion?

I don't know much about Legion, except that he's powerful.

I just made this after Galan thought Xavier and Jean being overcome at the same time gave Cassandra the win.

Here, you have Despero, who overcame J'onn and Aquaman at the same time. smile

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't know much about Legion, except that he's powerful.

I just made this after Galan thought Xavier and Jean being overcome at the same time gave Cassandra the win.

Here, you have Despero, who overcame J'onn and Aquaman at the same time. smile

These two are likely close to even, but it's hard to tell because Marvel loves spicing it up by taking the reader onto the Astral Plane, while DC just has straight mental domination matches, where one character gets their scalp peeled by the other.

Glorificus
Cassandra.

cdtm
These two are likely close to even, but it's hard to tell because Marvel loves spicing it up by taking the reader onto the Astral Plane, while DC just has straight mental domination matches, where one character gets their scalp peeled by the other.

Did you read Giffen's 1990 Justice League, by chance? You would have loved what he did.

Dreamslayer, disembodied demonic type being based on Mephisto, possessed Maxwell Lord and greatly amped his mind control powers. He was essentially unmatched. So, a dying Silver Sorceress allowed him into her mind, and took it to him on the Astral Plane, and defeated him.

It was great.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Did you read Giffen's 1990 Justice League, by chance? You would have loved what he did.

Dreamslayer, disembodied demonic type being based on Mephisto, possessed Maxwell Lord and greatly amped his mind control powers. He was essentially unmatched. So, a dying Silver Sorceress allowed him into her mind, and took it to him on the Astral Plane, and defeated him.

It was great.

Sorry about taking so long. Been a bit busy.

At about that time, I wasn't extremely interested in either DC or Marvel. If it wasn't Superman, Hulk, Infinity Gem issues, Lobo, Batman, or the X-Men I wanted nothing to do with it. Image comics were my main focus, due to the lack of funds, but I'd definitely give it a read if I ever get the chance. Do you know the issue numbers by any chance?

Zack M
Sorry about taking so long. Been a bit busy.

At about that time, I wasn't extremely interested in either DC or Marvel,\. If it wasn't Superman, Hulk, Infinity Gem issues, Lobo, Batman, or the X-Men. Image was my main focus due to lack of funds, but I'd definitely give it a read if I ever get the chance. Do you know the issue numbers by any chance?

Isn't Despero's third eye an automatic win, Stoic? IIRC, the stronger the will/mind, the more likely it will work.

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack M
Isn't Despero's third eye an automatic win, Stoic? IIRC, the stronger the will/mind, the more likely it will work.

Starro is pretty strong, and it did not work. I mean there must be a limit, or we would begin to assume that Despero could take even the Spectre's mind. Would a Phoenix level being be able to resist? What about True Legion? Aquaman , and J'onn resisted... barely but still.

Do you believe that there are no limits to his TP?

Zack M
Starro is pretty strong, and it did not work. I mean there must be a limit, or we would begin to assume that Despero could take even the Spectre's mind. Would a Phoenix level being be able to resist? What about True Legion? Aquaman , and J'onn resisted... barely but still.

Do you believe that there are no limits to his TP?

I don't think we know the actual limits to his TP. He did overpower MM and he's damn near Xavier level, telepathic wise. Id like to see feats of him while he's in his spirit form. Supposedly that's when he's at his full potential .

Stoic
Zack I don't really have a favorite here. I've been practicing to see the truth over my preference's these days, even though I wrestle from time with bias. These are after all fictitious characters.

Dr. Strange also goes into spirit form when he does battle on the Astral Plane. He's ben pretty powerful in that form, so I wouldn't doubt that Desero is powerful in it either.

Aquaman and Mera had some of the best material over the months.This week's online Aquaman title had some of the best sketches that I've ever seen. Had to mention that lol.

Back on topic. I have no idea who'd win this?

Zack M
Per respect thread/galan:

Despero also put Starro on his knees with a mental blast.

I think this could be a good fight. 50/50 split.

Zack M
Shit, I think New 52 Despero has a good shot at beating Cassandra.

He's created a hyper realistic illusions to fool the JLA (including Martian Manhunter), can feed off emotions and absorb psychic energy (Exodus), can influence people and even populations across the universe, light years away, etc...

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/despero/4005-9548/forums/post-flashpoint-despero-respect-thread-1858248/

carver9
Cassandra stomps. She bear Xavier while he was in possession of Cerebro. She peels Despero scalp back.

Zack M
Despero might be immune to high level TP.

carver9
Cassandra Mind rapes him for the win.

Zack M
Any reason?

One Big Mob
Cassandra Nova is pretty nuts. If she toys with Legion too, then I don't even know anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.