Carrie Fisher in Star Wars: Episode IX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
https://twitter.com/i/moments/1022945539296583680

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-revealed-1130442?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

just linking these to show it's multiple sources, including CNN among others not shown here reporting the same.

Love it? Hate It? Discuss.

Zenwolf
Ehhhh....

Freedon Nadd
I wonder if they got enough bravery to cast someone else for Leia's role.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I wonder if they got enough bravery to cast someone else for Leia's role.

Didn't they already sorta do that with Holdo? I mean yeah she did still...but for a good bit of TLJ she essentially did take Leia's place.

TheIndyJedi
Aparently they are using deleted footage of Leia from TFA in episode 9

Zenwolf
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Aparently they are using deleted footage of Leia from TFA in episode 9

I'm sure that'll go over well....

Darth Thor
^ That should go over well enough.

Anything else (cgi or recasting) fans would have whined and complained like mad.

They will likely add/edit bits of dialogue though.

Zenwolf

The Merchant
Probably gonna be used as flashbacks

Selenial
Unless they had planned to kill Leia off in TFA instead of Han, and therefore have a pre-written and pre-shot way to write her out of this movie?

Darth Thor
Yeah who knows what the original footage was filmed for, but they obviously feel it can fit.

Plus they can always add a bit of dialogue. Im sure fans wont have any major issues with that.

Still its a shame Leia wont get her movie as the leading OT character, the way Luke got Ep.8 and Han Ep.7.

Freedon Nadd
So, you'd rather kill off Leia rather than casting someone else for that role? That's stupid. Fans should just get over this. I get it, she was the face of the "EU" with Mark. But the actor is dead now. I'd rather see these characters alive and not keep dying in my face.

Darth Thor
^ Supposed Fans do make shit hard.

Freedon Nadd
Fans. Always have to complain.

Galan007
Thing is, they had the perfect opportunity to kill Leia in TLJ... But instead they had her randomly fly through space, lol. Now they're recycling deleted scenes from older films just to try and give her character a decent sendoff..? Jesus, I hope it works out. ermm

On another note, I was glad to see that Billy Dee is reprising his role as Lando for IX... Even though I'm sure he'll get killed-off, cuz "let the past die." Meh.

Freedon Nadd
They should let Mr. Thrawn himself to direct the movies. I am siding with you, Admiral.

Beniboybling
Carrie has been the custodian of the character for decades, so I'm glad they're respecting her memory by not up and replacing her with someone else or CG, and hope she gets a fitting send off.

And from a purely entertainment standpoint, not sure why people would want to go through the unavoidably jarring process of Leia being recast as someone else anyway.

Darth Thor
^ To finish off Leia story properly instead of just show horning her in somehow with existing footage.

But whatever. This is the only choice they had to stop weird fans rioting.

Beniboybling

Darth Thor
I doubt her family are that sad that theyd hate anyone else ever playing the role.

Yeah because recasting a character after the original character passed away is totally weird erm

Fan outrage should be for shitting on the Characters, not at Recasting the Actors.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I doubt her family are that sad that theyd hate anyone else ever playing the role.

Yeah because recasting a character after the original character passed away is totally weird erm

Fan outrage should be for shitting on the Characters, not at Recasting the Actors. At the moment all the outrage is coming from you, yeah. Hope u enjoy the movie. sick

DarthPlaguis12
Anyone want to guess how hard this will bomb?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Anyone want to guess how hard this will bomb?

I'm trying to remain what little optimism I have...and it's very, very low. The good news being, they've already essentially done the OT, with TLJ being a sort of fusion of ESB and ROTJ. So at this point, they can't really try to blend stuff in.

Though at the same time, the only thing we haven't seen in the movies is the Knights of Ren apart from TFA flashback. So they do have something there to make the story interesting, but time will tell with what they do I suppose.

Darth Thor
I can see why they are bringing as many OT actors/characters as they can in this.

After all we have already seen Rey defeat Kylo, so not sure how hyped we can be to see that again. The more interesting part would be to send Luke, Leia and Rey attempt to redeem Kylo right until the end. And hopefully Lando shows up Poe in the Falcon.

victreebelvictr
rey>kylo is a stupid statement, they do that only for drama. or at least she couldnt beat him in last jedi.

Galan007
It's probably well-known at this point, but...
https://i.imgur.com/X8tQddb.jpg

Full article:
https://i.imgur.com/KZ8PEf3.jpg

Just happy they're not recasting another actress and slapping a CG face on them in order to keep Leia's character around longer.

AncientPower
They should've had her die in TLJ at Kylo's hands, to show how far gone he was.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by AncientPower
They should've had her die in TLJ at Kylo's hands, to show how far gone he was. Her instead of Han. Her dying in the ship explosion instead of FLYING

They had some outs, and now they need to scramble together some shit to make it impactful from years and years ago.

It'll be something like this and then a long impactful look she gives and she either leaves or dies. Maybe Kylo kills her and it looks a lot like Starkiller Base, or they just cut to new footage of a big explosion?

qEGFaOeUm2A

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.