Clone Wars Season 8?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
You think now that we have season 7, there'll be a season 8? Or is Season 7 meant to wrap everything up?

Zenwolf
S7 is gonna wrap everything up, as I believe it's right before it goes into ROTS.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah. The season we are getting was supposed to be season 8 (the final season) I believe. The proposed season 7 was done in the form of comics, novels and unfinished animatronics.

quanchi112

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
S7 is gonna wrap everything up, as I believe it's right before it goes into ROTS. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zenwolf
Now that I think on it and this new season coming out, TCW really can't be both Legends and Canon. I'm not sure if this has just been a fandom thing or it's something official that the people over at LF stated, but it really cannot be both. If it's something the latter, then I question as to why they did it because to me it doesn't add up at all, if it's the former I question as to why fans think this.

If it's just because it was around before the ax fell on Legends, then that isn't much an argument to say it's still Legends when TCW was brought into Canon. If the whole series was brought into Current Canon, then it should stay Current Canon.

In fact, thinking on it more, I'm pretty sure it was going to end up like this from the very beginning because why would they add in key characters to the main ones? Or radically change others? Especially when there were already years of material produced Pre-TCW. (Which frankly is why I think there's a lot of inconsistencies if people say it's both, not that there aren't outside of this but still.)

So the fans putting TCW into both doesn't make much sense and I don't see why they would, perhaps certain little things can fit into Legends, but the overall of it and the big characters? Not really.

ares834
Sure it can.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Sure it can.

It can't, there's too much to say it can't be. At least not all of it.

ares834
Why is that?

Regardless, you seem to be under a misunderstanding. The EU is not considerd by LucasFilm to be some alternate universe. It's simply no longer Canon. But when the EU was Canon TCW was considered to be Canon to it.

Zenwolf

ares834
Which is absolutely utter nonsense consdiering the six flms are canon to both.

Regardless, when the EU was discarded TCW was canon to it. That's the simple fact of the matter.

Zenwolf
Which is absolutely utter nonsense consdiering the six flms are canon to both.

Regardless, when the EU was discarded TCW was canon to it. That's the simple fact of the matter.

The 6 films can be, but TCW can't be both now, I'm not talking about before I'm talking about now, especially since Rebels came out it really can't be Legends at all. Certain characters just don't make sense to be in Legends continuity, since they were only ever in TCW and really nowhere else or even mentioned in later material past TCW.

Or characters were changed drastically in TCW compared to how they were Pre-TCW and that doesn't really make sense either.

ares834
The 6 films can be, but TCW can't be both now, I'm not talking about before I'm talking about now, especially since Rebels came out it really can't be Legends at all. Certain characters just don't make sense to be in Legends continuity, since they were only ever in TCW and really nowhere else or even mentioned in later material past TCW.

Or characters were changed drastically in TCW compared to how they were Pre-TCW and that doesn't really make sense either.

Like I said previously, TCW isn't canon to the EU anymore as there is no such thing as a "Legend continuity".

Zenwolf
Like I said previously, TCW isn't canon to the EU anymore as there is no such thing as a "Legend continuity".

That's what I'm saying! It can't be part of the EU. Ok, good.

ares834
My point was nothing is canon to the EU any longer as there is no such thing as "legends continuity".

Zenwolf
My point was nothing is canon to the EU any longer as there is no such thing as "legends continuity".

Right, it's just the EU.

Darth Thor
That's what I'm saying! It can't be part of the EU. Ok, good.

So what was Sith Hunters then? Was it not Old Canon? Or the other Legends material based on TCW?

What about when The Ones became a big part of Legends?

Legends clearly did take TCW material in.

juggernaut74
I'm glad this show is going to have a proper ending. Though I wish Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple would have been done in animation instead of novelization.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'm glad this show is going to have a proper ending. Though I wish Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple would have been done in animation instead of novelization.

Yeah same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.