Eurovision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
So who else died laughing when we got 'nil points' in the eurovision? I thought it was sooooooooooooooooooooo funny... and then, on totp, they were making all sorts of excuses 'the mike wasn't working' blahblahblah - they were pants, thats all! Altho, looking at some of the other eurovision entries, I dont think they were pants enough!

I've always wondered HOW do we manage to enter such ABYSMAL songs into eurovision - the rest of the time we rival america for best music! Me confused...

yerssot
I laughed for another reason:
when we sing in dutch we finish last
in french: a few places higher
in english: again a few places higher
if we sing in an non-existing language we get second!

Kes
Belgum was in second! is that where your from? lol
Its very diffult to win in Eurovision cause this country votes for that and then that country votes for that! like some time ago a portuguese singer was told by the spanish judges that they liked is song alot but were gonna give him 0! and they did and then portugal gave 12! to spain!Still dont know way we keep helping them,everbody knows we hate each other! Portugal should have enter a fado and it should have been sang in portuguese dont care if nobody else gets it or if we get points or not! will nver win anyway!

Kes
i know now the votes are by phone but i dont by that! they still cheat!

Phoenix
oh, u know how there sposed to be chucking out the peeps who get the lowest score - there never gonna do that to us (according to the press) cos we put in so much money towards eurovison!

Kes
lol still got 0! They expect me to belive that the portuguese voted enough on spain to give them like 6points. no way!

yerssot
it's all about politics in that one

Phoenix
the french must be annoyed with us over the war with iraq - they usually give us at least un point!

yerssot
oh no, they just hate england

Kes
The country that organized the event this year (cant remember) had to ask is neighbor country for help.
And it wasn't eng.
wink

Kes
Trust me it has nothing to do with politics! it's the people really!

yerssot
cyprus giving 12 to turkey ... ok
but then 10 to greece
for the umphteen time in a row!

Kes
lol that politic! yeh i agree with that. thats why portugal will never win.

Ushgarak
Yes, the English entry was, as Edna would put it, 'Big fat saggy pants'.

yerssot
and lots of other countries

Kes
I liked Austria!

cermiestar
I liked the one where there was the dancing animals....tell me i didn't make that up........

Kes
Can't remember!

cermiestar
cos if i'm making it up...i need to change therapists and up the dosage....lol he he.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.