Top 10 Smartest Force users.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Haschwalth
List your top 10.

Freedon Nadd
Anakin is sure not in top 10.

NewGuy01
Err, the dude built a fully functioning protocol droid from essentially scraps when he was nine or ten years old, but whatever I guess.

Azronger
In terms of sheer IQ, Tenebrous is most likely 1, and after him, Anakin. Anakin has really poor social intelligence, though, so you could arguably slot Palpatine above him depending on what kind of intelligence we're measuring.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Azronger
depending on what kind of intelligence we're measuring.

bingo

Freedon Nadd
Mister Anikan killed kids because of a dream only because a wrinkled ass old man told him to do so. I'd think we know exactly how smart mister Anikan is.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Err, the dude built a fully functioning protocol droid from essentially scraps when he was nine or ten years old, but whatever I guess.

And, later gets turned into a killer by the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise. smile

I think you confuse professional skills with "wisdom"/intelligence. It's like saying that a trained swordsman child cannot be stupid when it comes about his way of choosing between what's right or wrong(despite the fact that he keeps making mistakes)

NemeBro
Being a prodigy at robotics and engineering isn't a professional skill, it is a sign of very high intelligence. Those fields would require high intelligence as a prerequisite, and Anakin as a child demonstrated knowledge and the ability to practically apply it on a level on par with an adult, with the only flaw being his lack of access to quality materials.

That he's a mentally maladjusted fruitcake with emotional problems doesn't mean he isn't intelligent.

In my admittedly relatively uninformed opinion, Darth Tenebrous and Darth Plagueis would top the list of intelligent Force users, due to the former being a renowned starship designer, a notable biologist, as well as basically a space wizard mathematician, and with the latter being a pioneer in Midichlorian studies, to the extent that he learned how to manipulate them to create and destroy life. I'd personally rank both as more intelligent than Sidious, but they aren't as able to effectively make use of that intelligence because of personal flaws and inferior charisma, social abilities, and emotional intelligence. Sidious, while utterly lacking in affective empathy, had excellent cognitive empathy to read, understand, and predict the actions of others. That he was also highly intelligent made him the most effective Sith Lord of the three by a far margin.

That's just how I see it though. I don't have near the Star Wars knowledge of pretty much everyone here, so there could very easily be something I don't know or haven't considered that implies otherwise.

Tzeentch
Mara Jade is the force-user equivalent of Batman so she probably deserves to be on the list somewhere.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious and Valkorion smile

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious

Bet.

https://youtu.be/lbbG02LB7g0?t=1m47s

Bet.

https://youtu.be/yF8aQEhOEiA?t=2m51s

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NemeBro
Being a prodigy at robotics and engineering isn't a professional skill, it is a sign of very high intelligence. Those fields would require high intelligence as a prerequisite, and Anakin as a child demonstrated knowledge and the ability to practically apply it on a level on par with an adult, with the only flaw being his lack of access to quality materials.

That he's a mentally maladjusted fruitcake with emotional problems doesn't mean he isn't intelligent.

In my admittedly relatively uninformed opinion, Darth Tenebrous and Darth Plagueis would top the list of intelligent Force users, due to the former being a renowned starship designer, a notable biologist, as well as basically a space wizard mathematician, and with the latter being a pioneer in Midichlorian studies, to the extent that he learned how to manipulate them to create and destroy life. I'd personally rank both as more intelligent than Sidious, but they aren't as able to effectively make use of that intelligence because of personal flaws and inferior charisma, social abilities, and emotional intelligence. Sidious, while utterly lacking in affective empathy, had excellent cognitive empathy to read, understand, and predict the actions of others. That he was also highly intelligent made him the most effective Sith Lord of the three by a far margin.

That's just how I see it though. I don't have near the Star Wars knowledge of pretty much everyone here, so there could very easily be something I don't know or haven't considered that implies otherwise.

I see, that means guys who can repair cars are Einsteins.

I think you compare our "kids" to SW kids. Spaceships and droids are a trivial things in that community/time. They are like cars. If you showed a kid or if he learned and liked it and kept doing the same thing all over again - he'd eventually come to know wht's the deal. With each generation that passes(information gets uploaded/pasted in DNA - which enables you to understand things much simpler if you have an inclination towards a specific domain of activity)

For example, in your DNA there's more information stored than it was at your great-grandfather's. And this facilitates your understnding of certain things if you are willing to learn.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I see, that means guys who can repair cars are Einsteins.

If that "guy" is a child living in a third world shithole living in poverty and slavery who taught himself, then yes, that "guy" is likely a genius.

That must be why every kid builds their own droid as a child in Star Wars.

Anakin taught himself, while living in a desolate shithole and with poor access to parts.

I'm really not seeing the relevance, nor anything addressing Anakin's unusual aptitude at engineering at a very early age.

I'm not comparing Anakin to kids living now. I'm comparing him to other kids seen in the films, who happen to not be building functional protocol droids nor designing podracers which can compete with and even outrace those built by professional adults.

Freedon Nadd
That guy spent his entire life amongst sand and droids(perhaps even salvaging) coupled with his fascination for this stuff->of course it was bound to happen some day. Practice is the best way of learning because you keep doing mistakes until you learn the "tricks" how to go around. I also believe you undermine kids' capacity to learn. A kid can learn a practical thing much faster than you could process and apply those said-so principles from a specific domain of activity(he/she can retain much more information than you can as an adult) Kids are, for most part, little machines. For him, practice was his way of learning and studying. It's not like he learned all that in one day and had a complete understanding of droids and pod racers/spaceships.

S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine and Tenebrae up there.

victreebelvictr
they are but dont forget palpatine's master, you know, plagueis the WISE.

Trocity
Freedumb Nadd biased and desperate.

Take a hike nerd, your neckbeard needs a lice check.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Trocity
Freedumb Nadd biased and desperate.

Take a hike nerd, your neckbeard needs a lice check.
finally! we agreed on something.

Geistalt
It was worth logging in just to see that sick burn.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Geistalt
It was worth logging in just to see that sick burn. agreed.

The Ellimist
Anakin is definitely intelligent, but his mechanical abilities seem to at least partially be a savant skill.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Anakin is definitely intelligent, but his mechanical abilities seem to at least partially be a savant skill. Nope, he is pretty stupid. If feel as though he got dumber with age though.

Kurk2.0
Anakin is kinda like DMB in regards to his IQ intelligence / social intelligence ratio.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.