Triggered

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Say something that triggers you. comic book related of course. You can get triggered from KMC events too, but avoid names if you can.

I'll start:

A comment from one of Jason Aaron's fans:

"You're right, Thor isn't a girl. She's a woman."

Go !

RealityWarper
ODIN-SONIA ! big grin

riv6672

NemeBro
It's a misuse of a term relating to people suffering from PTSD. Normally it would only apply to people who have experienced serious trauma like soldiers, rape victims, Thor fans, etc. Something that can elicit an onrush of horrific memories relating to your traumatic experience is a "trigger". A soldier who suffers from PTSD might be triggered by the sound of gunfire, for an easy example.

Now the term has been appropriated by both idiots who are using a word with a specific definition pertaining to a serious mental illness as well as people using it as a meme typically in mockery of the first type of person.

I expect Damborgson is doing the latter.

On topic, I'm not a big fan of street level capes and powerful metahumans like Superman cohabiting the same setting and being within easy access of each other. I can usually ignore it, but it does get slightly under my skin.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
You're a Thor fan? Really?

Never noticed. Maybe a very casual fan. Neme meant thorbags.

riv6672
You seriously never knew that?!?

abhilegend
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's a misuse of a term relating to people suffering from PTSD. Normally it would only apply to people who have experienced serious trauma like soldiers, rape victims, Thor fans, etc.

laughing out loud

StyleTime
It's a misuse of a term relating to people suffering from PTSD. Normally it would only apply to people who have experienced serious trauma like soldiers, rape victims, Thor fans, etc.

laughing out loud

On topic, I'm not a big fan of street level capes and powerful metahumans like Superman cohabiting the same setting and being within easy access of each other. I can usually ignore it, but it does get slightly under my skin.
thumb up Especially when they are on the same team. It's just difficult to make all parties believably relevant and tell a good story. At it's peak, WildCATS was very good at this though, so it can be done. Just needs a talented writer.

As far as mainstream comics, I am sick of the "next generation" characters getting a huge push, then being sent to warm the bench while their predecessors get revived/return/re-powered.

krisblaze
Wolverine's body count.

It's just absolutely ridiculous at this point.

He has murdered more people than Stalin.

riv6672
^^^He actually murdered Stalin, same as android Human Torch murdered Hitler.

Damborgson
Thor fans, etc.

Now the term has been appropriated by both idiots who are using a word with a specific definition pertaining to a serious mental illness as well as people using it as a meme typically in mockery of the first type of person.

I expect Damborgson is doing the latter.

laughing out loud

and definitely the latter thumb up

https://images.genius.com/1f5aa4956ca5e68cc5ace12421985ac8.502x493x1.jpg

riv6672
Thought that was Melissa McCarthy in the pic...!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.