3D printed gun "controversy": What the news isn't telling you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a22604405/3d-printed-guns/

The politicians have started fear mongering about 3d printed guns being used in school shootings. I doubt they're that ignorant, so my guess is the gun parts manufacturers are scrambling to protect their profit margins, and capitalizing on the fact elections are coming to draft their little army of political "spin-doctors".

Robtard
Good ole NRA once again protecting the profit margins of the Gun Industry at the expense of our rights/freedom.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Good ole NRA once again protecting the profit margins of the Gun Industry at the expense of our rights/freedom.

Which "right" are you referring to here?

Robtard
The ones that give me the right to download free schematics and use my 3D printer, those rights.

Why do you suddenly hate freedom now?

Flyattractor
Can we also print 3D Ammo?

cdtm
The ones that give me the right to download free schematics and use my 3D printer, those rights.

Surt must be a commie. laughing out loud

I just like how they keep pretending we can print out entire guns, instead of just key parts that need other key parts, that have all been legally available everywhere before 3d printers were a thing. In other words, the 3d printing of fames is no more or less of a problem then traditionally assembling a gun from bought parts.

I'm no expert, so perhaps this really is an issue, but that certainly isn't what the rhetoric suggests. To listen to the talking heads, you'd think you can print out working assault rifles start shooting.

BackFire
Who needs a gun when you can just throw rocks at people.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Surt must be a commie. laughing out loud

I just like how they keep pretending we can print out entire guns, instead of just key parts that need other key parts, that have all been legally available everywhere before 3d printers were a thing. In other words, the 3d printing of fames is no more or less of a problem then traditionally assembling a gun from bought parts.

I'm no expert, so perhaps this really is an issue, but that certainly isn't what the rhetoric suggests. To listen to the talking heads, you'd think you can print out working assault rifles start shooting.

The Republican party is for the most part a toadie to the NRA.

This is the NRA saying: "You have every right to arm yourselves and exercise your 2nd Amendment rights, unless the gun industry stands to lose money." Trump of course is backing the NRA's position.

Truth be told, this isn't a serious threat right now, but in the future where this technology improves, entire guns (or the parts thereof) could be printed and there's little to no way of tracking that. Meaning criminals/terrorist could potentially more easily arm themselves and people should be concerned over that. But the NRA isn't concerned about that aspect at all, they're looking at that future and the potential for millions (billions?) in revenue to be lost by the gun industry and they're trying to curb it in its infancy.

Surtur

I don't hate it, but you do realize the NRA isn't the only one against this, right? Plenty of leftists are too. Just confirm you're aware of this fact.

EDIT: In fact, I first heard about this controversy not because of the NRA...but because people on the left were whining over it.

So wait, the NRA and the left agree on something?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't hate it, but you do realize the NRA isn't the only one against this, right? Plenty of leftists are too. Just confirm you're aware of this fact.

EDIT: In fact, I first heard about this controversy not because of the NRA...but because people on the left were whining over it.

So wait, the NRA and the left agree on something?

The "Leftist" being against this isn't a surprise to anyone as they're sticking to their established points on gun regulation.

Now the NRA and "Muh 2nd Mend'ment!" types, they're conveniently flipping. Trump's backing them. It's not a "but der terrorist!" concern, it's a "but my profit margins!" concern.

Surtur
The "Leftist" being against this isn't a surprise to anyone as they're sticking to their established points on gun regulation.

Now the NRA and "Muh 2nd Mend'ment!" types, they're conveniently flipping. Trump's backing them. It's not a "but der terrorist!" concern, it's a "but my profit margins!" concern.

So just to be clear: you disagree with the left and feel this should be allowed, correct?

Robtard
I think it should fall under current gun regulation laws. If I'm allowed to legally whittle a rifle stock out of a block of Arizona Black Walnut, why not be able to print one?

I do see the concern in the future though, where this technology has progressed and people should be thinking about it; what could/should be done. But the NRA and their staunch "we need less regulations!" 2nd Amendment stance should be all for this right now.

Do you love Trump and the NRA so much you can't smell their hypocrisy here?

Surtur
I think it should fall under current gun regulation laws. If I'm allowed to legally whittle a rifle stock out of a block of Arizona Black Walnut, why not be able to print one?

I do see the concern in the future though, where this technology has progressed and people should be thinking about it; what could/should be done. But the NRA and their staunch "we need less regulations!" 2nd Amendment stance should be all for this right now.

Do you love Trump and the NRA so much you can't smell their hypocrisy here?

So you disagree with the left. Gotcha thumb up

Robtard
This is the reason why almost no one tries to have an intellectually honest convo with you, you always act the clown when you feel your safety bubble is threatened. Oh well, I tried.

Surtur
This is the reason why almost no one tries to have an intellectually honest convo with you, you always act the clown when you feel your safety bubble is threatened. Oh well, I tried.

You're so butthurt you can't even disagree with your own side, but you still want me to call Trump and the NRA hypocrites, and then you whine and try to act like you're being intellectually honest lol.

Was your post satire? I hope so. It's great satire. It's batshit insane if it's anything other than you f*cking around lol.

Robtard
I have literally said I disagree, repeat: I said it should fall under current gun laws and I gave an example of someone else making their own parts and it being legal as support as to why. But I also noted why this should be a concern as technology progresses; that's just a fact of technology.

So either you're doing your usual shitshow routine whenever Trump and the NRA does something you can't defend or you can't read/comprehend so well. Either way, have fun eating your own feces.

Surtur
I have literally said I disagree, repeat: I said it should fall under current gun laws and I gave an example of someone else making their own parts and it being legal as support as to why.

So either you're doing your usual shitshow routine whenever Trump and the NRA does something you can't defend or you can't read/comprehend so well. Either way, have fun eating your own feces.

You kinda weaseled around outright saying it though, but good now you said it. Baby steps.

And yep the NRA are being hypocrites. Hypocrisy abounds in each party. Awful sad

Robtard
Still the clown. Thanks for proving my point.

Surtur
Still the clown. Thanks for proving my point.

Whatever helps you cope.

Adam_PoE

https://i.giphy.com/26uf0SPIQKjugbzby.gif

Surtur
I love the idea of trolls trying to pretend they "tried".

Trying is:

-avoiding directly answering the question until called out
-whining about the NRA and Trump and how people won't call them out....while bending over backwards to try to avoid merely saying "Yes Surtur, I disagree with the left on this".

And this is, in Robs mind, an intellectually honest discussion lol. Somehow.

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
https://i.giphy.com/26uf0SPIQKjugbzby.gif

Exactly

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I love the idea of trolls trying to pretend they "tried".

Trying is:

-avoiding directly answering the question until called out
-whining about the NRA and Trump and how people won't call them out....while bending over backwards to try to avoid merely saying "Yes Surtur, I disagree with the left on this".

And this is, in Robs mind, an intellectually honest discussion lol. Somehow.

Fact: I did answer your question directly, you're just too butthurt, too agenda driven and too stupid to realize that I did.

Proof is on the following page, my answer/response

Surtur
Fact: I did answer your question directly, you're just too butthurt, too agenda driven and too stupid to realize that I did.

Proof is on the following page, my answer/response

Lol no you didn't. My question was a yes or no question.

"I think it should fall under current gun regulation laws. If I'm allowed to legally whittle a rifle stock out of a block of Arizona Black Walnut, why not be able to print one?"

This is a cop out. You could have just said "Yes Surtur, I disagree with the left on this". Why you were unable to do so boggles the mind. Instead you went "well it should fall under current regulations".

I get why you couldn't just give a straight answer, but please don't ever act like you're trying to have an intellectually honest conversation. It makes you look silly.

Robtard
The answer I gave does not gel with the viewpoints of what you consider "der Left", so I indeed did answer and in the way you hoped I would answer. Repeat: You're just too butthurt, too agenda driven and too stupid to realize that I did. That's on you; not me, sport.

Surtur
The answer I gave does not gel with the viewpoints of what you consider "der Left", so I indeed did answer and in the way you hoped I would answer. Repeat: You're just too butthurt, too agenda driven and too stupid to realize that I did. That's on you; not me, sport.

Okay so you're just trolling now, gotcha. Either trolling or lacking self awareness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.