Supergirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
I'm shaking my head at this. Still no Man of Steel sequel...

https://deadline.com/2018/08/supergirl-movie-warner-bros-dc-comics-universe-oren-uziel-script-superman-1202440687/

Robtard
MoS2 is still in somewhat limbo has Caville's only contracted for one more film and that's going to be the next Justice League film or the Flash (Flashpoint) film which might as well be a Justice League film, like CA:Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5 because it had most of the cast, Flashpoint will also probably feature a large cast.

Caville's talked about extending his contract and staying on as the DCU's Superman for several more films and doing a MoS2 with Brainiac as the villain.

playa1258
Cavill is in contract limbo. Hopefully we get something soon.

playa1258
I think this could also be a ploy be WB to recast Cavill if he continues to play hardball with his contract.

Darth Thor
Perhaps they will introduce her first in a MOS sequel? That would make more sense.

But yeah give Cavill a Snyderless Superman film first.

Originally posted by Robtard
or the Flash (Flashpoint) film which might as well be a Justice League film, like CA:Civil War was basically Avengers 2.5 because it had most of the cast, Flashpoint will also probably feature a large cast.

I think latest rumours are that Flashpoint has been scrapped for a more Flash centric solo Flash film.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Lol they only have to make a good solo film to reestablish Supermans big screen popularity.

Cavill himself is spot on casting. Would be a huge mistake to not make the most of him while hes in his prime.

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Superman is history.

juggernaut74
Hey look another film in "development"!

This shit isn't news.

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Hey look another film in "development"!

This shit isn't news. It is news it might not happen. I would rather see her than another Superman film unless the villain is interesting.

Darth Thor
It might not happen due to WB/DCs retardedness. But saying Superman is finished and cant be brought is stupid as well.

Could have said that about Batman after Batman and Robin (maybe now as well). But as Nolan showed us it only takes 1 good/great film to rekindle excitement for these iconic characters.

quanchi112

tkitna
Regardless of Cavill and Superman, does anybody really want to see a Supergirl movie? Cant they come up with something a little more original than the female version of Superman?

NemeBro
Originally posted by tkitna
Regardless of Cavill and Superman, does anybody really want to see a Supergirl movie? Not really, honestly. DC needs more time to establish the mythos of Krypton and Superman before a Supergirl movie could really be feasible IMO.

quanchi112

NemeBro
What was Krypton's tax policy, for example?

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
What was Krypton's tax policy, for example? Why do you think Zod was so tired of them, their tax policy was completely absurd. They pushed Zod too far.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

quanchi112

Darth Thor

BruceSkywalker

quanchi112

Darth Thor
You havent addressed even one of my points and you are just raving like a lunatic at this point.

The DCEU has been a failure, but they cant completely reboot due to the success of Wonder Woman. Thats why they are introducing all these new characters in an attempt towards a soft reboot, without giving up their number one box office hit.

Cavill and Superman are no more to blame than Affleck and Batman are. Both are far better actors than Gadot, both suits their characters much better as well. Unfortunately neither of them has been given great material or a great director like Gal and Wonder Woman have.

That said, the DCEU was looking far better after MOS than it does now. And I dont see anyone portraying Superman better than Cavill.

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
Warner thinks that if they succeeded with WW, they can hope for the same or better success with f*cking Supergirl laughing out loud

This is gonna bomb so hard.

Darth Thor
Chris Pine has also left Trek over money. So what?

Yeah some like Snyder. But overall Snyder has really screwed him up. Not really his fault. MOS was fine. But he was working above his pay grade when they gave him both BvS and JL. Hes no Gunn/Russos.

Cavill is however a great choice for Superman. And Im sure most Superman fans will agree to that.

quanchi112

wakkawakkawakka
Idk I like Cavill as Superman though its a weird time when making 600 + million for an intoduction movie is considered a financial success.

With that said I don't think should be attempting a Supergirl film right now. In addition to not having enough of Superman's mythos established on the big screen there is already the soapbox small screen version swaying opinions.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Warner thinks that if they succeeded with WW, they can hope for the same or better success with f*cking Supergirl laughing out loud

This is gonna bomb so hard.

blame golgo lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.