Puck vs Warpath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
This should be a good fight. James has his daggers for the brawl, or he don't you decide.

leonidas
vibranium should cut puck just fine and his others stats are crazy over the top for this match up. not sure how puck even has a chance if blades are in. without, he's still likely cl80ish with uber speed and durability. unless i'm missing something recently with puck, i don't see how he's winning this even without the blades... /shrug

-K-M-

Stoic
WP began getting back into it over the past several months in X-Factor. He's the team strongman, but he still needs to be consistently written up to those levels before many will see him in that light. They tried to make Warpath a Winter Soldier type of character while forgetting that he actually had super stats like flight nearly being indestructible, and strong enough to impress Cain with his strength. If the Cain fight is any indication of his strength, he's certainly above the Thing, but again he needs to operate at these levels consistently before anyone believes that he isn't just another street level character.

krisblaze
WP ain't no class 80 lmao.

riv6672

leonidas
Originally posted by krisblaze
WP ain't no class 80 lmao.

no? sooo what is he then? some claim he's cl100, but i don't know that he's had enough consistent showings for that. /shrug

krisblaze
I'd say his average supports cl 25 or so.

-K-M-

leonidas
huh. i thought his more recent appearances indicated he was stronger than that.

juggernaut74
Wasn't it implied that Colossus was the muscle of Astonishing over Warpath?

-K-M-
Originally posted by leonidas
huh. i thought his more recent appearances indicated he was stronger than that.

Which recent appearances? Can’t recall anything that put him close to his old strength days

shiv
All PIS / Bad Writing Aside:

WP Pimpslap FTW

carver9
Dont think a class 25 could do this...

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z191/oWarlock360o/?action=view&current=UncannyX-Men493Dizzy-Meganpg018.jpg

And these things were HUGE.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z191/oWarlock360o/?action=view&current=UncannyX-Men493Dizzy-Meganpg006-007.jpg

deathslash
warpath should win

-K-M-

Supermutant
Warpath recently flew fast enough to break the sound barrier, and showed great combat speed against the Winter Guard. I think Warpath written to his potential is just too much for Puck.

https://imgur.com/vHuEtgn
https://imgur.com/QRxmjgK

StiltmanFTW
no? sooo what is he then? some claim he's cl100, but i don't know that he's had enough consistent showings for that. /shrug

At hist best, he had Teenage Colossus strength level, and even that's mostly lip service.

At his worst, he's a low meta with a strength of a few men.

He fluctuates a lot... during the same X-Force run, he struggled with a normal bear and just a dozen or so issues later, he was able to stop Demon Bear's jaw from crushing him.

-K-M-

Stoic
Well if we are going with WP's latest portrayal I'd give him the win. Warpath is on his way up I hope. Writers need to keep up.

riv6672

Stoic

Stoic

krisblaze
Riv, your initial assessment was correct. The statement about his knives was just to explain how they pierced his skin. The reason why he couldn't move his arms was because of nerves.

And Im still undecided here.

Warpath is underrated overall but so is Puck and especially his striking power.

riv6672
I guess.

Its just ppl say the blades being vibranium means theyre super sharp somehow, and, i dont see it. Absorbing, deflecting attacks, yeah.

leonidas
@stoic, not really. vibranium is extremely durable. its known for its vibration absorption, but it's still one of the hardest metals in the MU. i mean j'son wanted to create an invincible armada of ships from it, carol couldn't even scratch it with her best blast and it's served as cap's shield for a short time. i don't think it's any more complicated than that. their special for the same reason adamantium swords are considered 'special'. add in some of the weird energy absorbing and even sourcing vibraniun has been credited with and the metal is just weird enough that its easy to see why blades made from it would be considered special and more lethal than normal blades. /shrug

riv6672
Agree to disagree. Vibranium isnt super hard its super absorbant (heh) of energy and kinetic attacks.
Knives made from it wouldnt be extra sharp.

juggernaut74

leonidas
what? i don't care if you disagree, but what you said is simply factually inaccurate. it's extremely durable AND absorbs energy. it's also been said to harden as it absorbs energy. any strike would produce kinetic energy. that energy would, in theory, harden the blade further. that of course leads to other physics related issues, but...comics. anyway, i suspect you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. chalk it up to pis then. thumb up

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by riv6672
Agree to disagree. Vibranium isnt super hard its super absorbant (heh) of energy and kinetic attacks.
Knives made from it wouldnt be extra sharp.
The edges would stay sharp after use, and the blade wouldn't bend or break upon contact because they're that much tougher than just about anything not vibranium or adamantium. That's what makes those metals ideal for edged weaponry.

Ever tried to use plastic cutlery on a tough piece of meat? Same principle. Normal steel knives probably would have crumpled and broken on Hulk's skin during the WWH saga.

-K-M-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Could you post those scans? I remember it happening but haven't saw it since it came out.

Happened mostly off-panel but as you can see Cap bested him without much issue. Cap then went to fight Gambit

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WOWpV3Wa9eU/WOfeesOpfgI/AAAAAAAA6EM/KFEv1C25K5wTb3MQFuKvwPJTtULe3chrACJoC/w530-h269-n/avx12.jpg

juggernaut74
Oh man he even sonned him.

StyleTime
Warpath's recent Pak upgrades occurred after AvX. He's currently fairly beast mode.

He's fluctuated more than Psylocke I'd wager, which is a feat in and of itself.

leonidas
yeah, but off panel is off panel... /shrug

darthgoober
LOSING TO CAP ISN"T A LOW FEAT FOR ANYONE YOU DIRTY COMMIES!

juggernaut74
True.

DarkSaint85
Otoh.... Warpath struggled with a normal alligator

Stoic
what? i don't care if you disagree, but what you said is simply factually inaccurate. it's extremely durable AND absorbs energy. it's also been said to harden as it absorbs energy. any strike would produce kinetic energy. that energy would, in theory, harden the blade further. that of course leads to other physics related issues, but...comics. anyway, i suspect you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. chalk it up to pis then. thumb up

I think that I recall Wolverine striking it while being held by Arcade, and he was unable to do any damage at all. Needless to say, Wolverine used to be considered an extremely heavy striker, due to the material that did the striking. So for the wall to completely deflect his blow, it had to have been based on your theory. Warpath's blades are extremely dangerous, especially in his hands, because of his extraordinary strength.

Knowing this, I see Puck as having a extremely tough uphill battle, considering that Warpath isn't a landlocked opponent. Then if we added in his durability it nearly makes Pucks chances of winning this impossible.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Otoh.... Warpath struggled with a normal alligator

Writers often have a need to make lesser known characters look like scrubs for whatever reason. Let's also remember than racism also plays a part in some of their decision making, not to play that card, but how do you go from taking on the Juggernaut to struggling with an alligator? Hulk lost to a snake before as well, and Juggernaut felt the heat of an ordinary old school chandelier, Superman got KO'd by a gas station, Captain America made an entire Avengers lineup look like rank amateurs, and he was sporting grey hair, Firelord got the living shit beaten out of him by Spiderman, and Slade made fools of the Justice League... Should I continue?

-K-M-

Stoic

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by darthgoober
LOSING TO CAP ISN"T A LOW FEAT FOR ANYONE YOU DIRTY COMMIES!
thumb up

-K-M-

leonidas
Originally posted by StyleTime
Warpath's recent Pak upgrades occurred after AvX. He's currently fairly beast mode.

He's fluctuated more than Psylocke I'd wager, which is a feat in and of itself.

ok, cool. so i wasn't too far off base when i said cl80, or i was?

-K-M-

riv6672

Eternal Idol

He's at least cl40.

Weapon X #17

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
He's at least cl40.

Weapon X #17 While as cool as that is can we use that as proof he's class 40? I mean I'm not sure a semi weighs that much unless we include a trailer FULLY loaded. Saying you can do something and then doing it are two different things. Countless times over the years I've seen guys say they can bench this and that but when the time came they came up short...big time. That is a cool scene though.

Also on a side note I see alot of people bringing up Warpaths low showings but what about Pucks low showings?

StiltmanFTW
yeah, but off panel is off panel... /shrug

Read the book.

It's very clear Cap faced him 1 on 1 and beat his ass - there is even an earlier panel showing Warpath still standing, about to challenge Steve.

Anyway, X-Men were treated like shit in that event, probably Disney's way of showing their superiority over FOX.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -K-M-
Cap then went to fight Gambit

Yes, he did.

And that particular part was re-told and extended in AvX Versus series. But there was no sign of Warpath there.

Stoic
While as cool as that is can we use that as proof he's class 40? I mean I'm not sure a semi weighs that much unless we include a trailer FULLY loaded. Saying you can do something and then doing it are two different things. Countless times over the years I've seen guys say they can bench this and that but when the time came they came up short...big time. That is a cool scene though.

Also on a side note I see alot of people bringing up Warpaths low showings but what about Pucks low showings?

Well that's it. We really have to wait until the writers take their heads out of their asses, and consistently begin writing Warpath correctly. He's supposed to be a low class 100.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Stoic
Well that's it. We really have to wait until the writers take their heads out of their asses, and consistently begin writing Warpath correctly. He's supposed to be a low class 100. Why do you think he's supposed to be low Class 100? There is the scan of a computer file on Warpath and it says he was almost as strong as a young Colossus. And he don' appear to be written that strong anymore. Not yet anyways.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
Well that's it. We really have to wait until the writers take their heads out of their asses, and consistently begin writing Warpath correctly. He's supposed to be a low class 100.

No, he's not. Unless we focus on a very few high feats he has and ignore everything else.

Marvel wanted to make him a Colossus equivalent... once. It never lasted.

They never had a good idea on what to do with James, hence why they added vibranium knives and a healing factor now... Marvel is still experimenting with the character - even though he appeared for the first time in 1984.

leonidas
ah, there's the good gollum no one can stand. took longer than i thought but you finally brought it around to your precious thread.... :lol

and i'll post any time i see someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about blatantly propagating completely false information--hence why i end up in your precious threads i suppose....

agree to disagree doesn't mean you get to pass along factually incorrect info then expect to have the issue dropped.

hiv: 2+2=5
leo: no it doesn't
hiv: agree to disagree
leo: what the holy phukc....?

but you're right in one regard--not worth arguing about. with you. keep the precious! lol

leonidas
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Read the book.

It's very clear Cap faced him 1 on 1 and beat his ass - there is even an earlier panel showing Warpath still standing, about to challenge Steve.

Anyway, X-Men were treated like shit in that event, probably Disney's way of showing their superiority over FOX.

i know what conclusion we're supposed to come to, but, off panel is off panel.

StiltmanFTW
i know what conclusion we're supposed to come to, but, off panel is off panel.

He couldn't overpower Matt in the same event.

Then you have him struggling with Deadpool and getting schooled by Logan (no claws) back in the day.

Let's look at the fight again - this time, whole page posted:

https://tinyurl.com/yanw5yqa

leonidas
thumb up so we chalk it up to pis, or discount it as off-panel. either way the fight shouldn't be considered very valid unless you're attempting to low ball, so it's meaningless, regardless. bottom line is he has far and away better feats, so bringing that half-depicted scene into the issue is pointless.

StiltmanFTW
James Proudstar is not what you want him to be, leo.

If Puck still has his invulnerability gimmick, this is looking bad for WP... diamond Emma put him down with a single strike.

celeyhyga17

Then you have him struggling with Deadpool and getting schooled by Logan (no claws) back in the day.

Let's look at the fight again - this time, whole page posted:

https://tinyurl.com/yanw5yqa
First thing that popped in my head after your scan.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/250x250/66296698/i-dont-always-kill-indians-but-when-i-do-i-leave-a-trail-of-tears-in-my-wake.jpg

Murricaaah!

juggernaut74

Are you talking about Warpath? What issues did these events happen in? Scans?

StiltmanFTW
Are you talking about Warpath?

Yes.

What issues did these events happen in? Scans?

AvX.

Hulk.

Uncanny X-Men.

StyleTime
80 tons is probably stretching it. He did lift the X-Jet, although it was still running at the time so not 100% him. I'd guess cl30-40ish currently, like kris suggested.

Warpak is still pretty silly, especially if we include statements. Lady Deathstrike said he was stronger than the current Weapon X line-up combined. This includes Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Domino, and Omega Red. Possibly Old Man Logan although he was out of comission at the time. They are fearless characters by nature, but seemed pretty apprehensive about fighting him. He nearly solo'd the Winter Guard. Hypersonic flight, good healing factor, class 40ish strength, the knives, explosive rounds don't scratch him.

He's turning into Monet tbh, but with the healing factor replacing invulnerability. Could just be temporary Pak wank though. I don't mind the boost tbh. Warpath should be a bigger deal that he was imo.

StiltmanFTW
I'm not a fan of giving him a hf and pretending it's always been there.

StyleTime
It was definitely executed poorly.

Those Weapon X scientists discussing his healing factor like it's common knowledge was downright hilarious. One even said, "can't ever get enough of that," as if he sees Warpath do this all the ****ing time hahahahahaha.

Pak was like "Just roll with it folks."

StiltmanFTW
Yes. It was hilariously bad.

Most superheroes/villains that are all about enhanced physicals must have some sort of accelerated healing (Parker, Cage, McCoy and great many others), it's only logical.

But the actual regenerative healing factor - power that matters on the battlefield - is something else entirely... "omfg, that spectacular healing factor of Warpath, even better than Deathstrike's, take a look" - horrible writing.

Since his debut, Warpath has been receiving all sorts of random power-ups... there was no need to retcon the existence of HF into James' powerset. Pak could just state it's a new superpower he just developed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.