Iron Spider vs. Doctor Octopus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Noob Peter vs. Otto

Who wins

FrothByte
Good match. I'm going to have to think about this.

Robtard
Going to Iron Spider.

HulkIsHulk
That armor allowed Peter to take hits from Thanos and remain relatively unharmed from the moon impact which KOd every single one of the Guardians including Drax, plus he has the pincer arms to boost pretty much everything. Adding that to the features of his new suit, Otto's finished

Darth Thor
In theory Iron Spider should win this. But in practice, Marvel Spider-Man seems to lose to everyone.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Darth Thor
In theory Iron Spider should win this. But in practice, Marvel Spider-Man seems to lose to everyone. Yeah, that same suit got taken by fking Star Lord of all people. It's painful seeing Spidey lose to people he should be stomping like Cap and Star Lord. I want to agree with Hulk and Rob, but I haven't been impressed by Holland Spidey.

Impediment
Spider-Man wins.

wakkawakkawakka
MCU Spiderman seems like a better support fighter in comparison to his 1v1 bouts.

For this fight Spiderman has the tools to win though Doc Oc has been able to go toe to toe with Tobey Spiderman...who actually has decent reflex and a Spider Sense applicable to combat :salt:

TheVaultDweller
On paper, Iron Spider should take it. However, Pete's jobbing is almost CW-worthy sometimes.

In character Peter does something noobish that gets him pinned or something. If we take out the PIS/CIS factor, Peter should have the tools he needs to win.

Darth Thor
Perhaps once he learns to use his Spider-Sense in combat he will stop jobbing so much.

But I agree with Wakka that he fights much better as a team player. Like against Giant Man or Thanos.

1 vs 1 though he sucks right now.

HulkIsHulk
Well for one on one he still has the fight between him and Bucky. He also did pretty well in the ferry fight and against Wanda.
And also, all his losses have some context to them.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

And also, all his losses have some context to them.

Do they? Seems to me Cap and Starlord straight up beat his ass.

And in case we had any doubts, Iron Man confirms it in Homecoming.

HulkIsHulk
And Spidey was doing pretty well fighting Vulture on that plane as well. Then those ATM robbers but that's trivial.
Do they?

Okay here we go. So far Spidey has lost or looked bad against:
Shocker
Cap
Star Lord
Vulture
Giant Man
Ebony Maw
Thanos
I don't think the last three need any explanation. I mean they outclass Spidey by a country mile.
Vulture
* Caught Spidey while he was chasing the weapons van and Spidey fell right into a lake when he escaped. Surprise and bad luck.
* Then while Pete was trying to stop him from robbing the Damage Control van his suit AI Karen was activating and deactivating several features which threw him off track.
* Then Spidey was getting the better of him at the ferry then the weapon blew up
* Then he took Spidey by surprise but collapsing that warehouse
* Then Spidey was doing well on thst plane till it crashed and Vulture jumped him while he was still hurt by it
Shocker
* Spidey had no idea about the first Shocker had a glove like that when he rushed him. And he got thrown of the van by crashing into that walk and just before he could catch it again Vulture got him
* Spidey actually dodged and webbed up the new guy with zero issues in the ferry, even saying the last guy was better
* He suckerpunched Pete when he was leaving to catch up with Vulture, then suckered him again when he went for his webshooters, for which he hits bus onto him, and then suckered him again into a bus while Spidey was readjusting his mask which went askew from that hit, and then kept pummelling the before he could get up, leaving him groggy. The fight ended the moment he got his webshooters
Seems to me Cap and Starlord straight up beat his ass.

* Spidey was kicking around Cap till Cap started adapting. And even then Cap won because he took out one of the supports of that jetbridge while Spidey was under it, aka using the environment
* Star Lord is a damn good quickdraw with decent reflexes. Plus he showed that he had tech powerful enough to restrain both Iron Man and Thanos. So how is it that bad to be restrained by his bolas?
And in case we had any doubts, Iron Man confirms it in Homecoming.
Cap a can get the better of him with skills and smarts yes. Beat him for a KO?
Imho, unless I see Cap doing it, seeing what all it took to actually "'lay out'"" Spidey, I'd say Cap doesn't have a prayer in knocking him out.

Darth Thor
Not bothered about Shocker and Vulture as they were both pretty low tier villains (even though Keaton himself was great).

Spidey actually did pretty decent against Giant Man, Ebony and Thanos. Like I said he fights well as part of a team against an Uber opponent, but 1 on 1 he has sucked against other Marvel heroes who shouldnt be on his level even without upgraded suits from Tony.

* Spidey was kicking around Cap till Cap started adapting. And even then Cap won because he took out one of the supports of that jetbridge while Spidey was under it, aka using the environment
* Star Lord is a damn good quickdraw with decent reflexes. Plus he showed that he had tech powerful enough to restrain both Iron Man and Thanos. So how is it that bad to be restrained by his bolas?

Cap a can get the better of him with skills and smarts yes. Beat him for a KO?
Imho, unless I see Cap doing it, seeing what all it took to actually "'lay out'"" Spidey, I'd say Cap doesn't have a prayer in knocking him out.

Okay. Is Cap not allowed to adapt to a new opponent? Important part is Spider couldnt adapt back when he started losing

Spider-Man should be faster than Star-Lord shouldnt he?

After Cap floored Spidey multiple times, you really think multiple full powered punches with his Shield wouldnt KO Spidey? And again In case we had any doubts that it was supposed to be PIS/CIS, Iron Man outright confirms it in Homecoming.

HulkIsHulk
I only said Cap can't KO him, not that he can't beat him, or that him adapting is unfair. And there's also the fact that Tony was never witness to any of Spider Man's best durability showings.
Spidey got owned by Ebony Maw and Thanos. And Giant Man was this under slow guy who could barely get a hit on anyone but he took out Spidey without effort while falling down.
Spidey should be faster than Star Lord if we expect exact transition from recent comics or movies. As it stands, Star Lord has better speed and reflex feats than Spidey, which I am not bothered by.
And yes it goes without saying MCU Spidey does a lot of dumb things and isn't the best strategist. The point I was trying to make was that he's good at countering only straightforward attacks, so when Cap decided to go "" let him attack first which I will counter"" head helpless
However, in this fight he has a benefit of a ridiculously more tough armor's adding to his durability, which will help
Let's just agree to disagree if your only point is ""'Iron Man confirned it'""

HulkIsHulk
And I didn't say Cap beat him with PIS
CIS is a different thing though.

HulkIsHulk
And about being floored multiple times, Batroc and Crossbones did that too. The Chitauri floored him as well. Knocking down someone doesn't mean a KO. That's a whole another thing. If you disagree, let's just agree to disagree here as well

TheVaultDweller
Scott isn't really that slow in Giant-Man form. You have to factor scale into it. His limbs have to travel a distance several times greater than a normal person to reach, full extension, for example. So, while it does technically and visually take him longer to do these things, it's because he has to go further. For example, to stretch out your arm, the average person's fist has to travel what? 1.5 to 2 feet, approximately? In comparison, Scott's fist has to travel a several feet to accomplish the same effect, which will obviously take more time if he is still moving at human speed.

Similar with Godzilla. Godzilla looks slow as phuck most of the time. Yet it really isn't, which is clear to see if you look at any vids that actually calc its speed. It's just the speed relative to scale that is deceptive.

Which is why Transformers are actually stupid fast, if you think about it. Because despite being that enormous size, they still move with speed and agility relatively comparable to humans.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah that's true but practically, he is slower than normal size guys. It's just like in Pacific Rim

TheVaultDweller
Well, it would kind of make him faster in some aspects but slower in others. For example, it'd probably be harder for him to take avoiding action against a large object. But his limb speed would be relatively quick. I mean just look at that clip I posted in the other thread. If you consider the length of his arm and the arc of the swing, he is moving a jet bridge a couple dozen feet in the space of a few seconds. Or the stomp just after looks slow, but it's coming down from like 15 feet up, compared to a fraction of the distance for a normal person.

NemeBro
Spidey in his first fight showed that he had the strength and speed to effortlessly catch a punch from Bucky's metal arm and proceed to easily overpower it as if there wasn't a dude on the other end of it trying to overpower him. Bucky being near-equal to Cap in overall physicals, with his metal arm being much stronger than Cap is.

He then was embarrassed by Cap and Star Lord in single combat.

One of the problems with the MCU in Phase 3 is how homogenized the fights are.

Darth Thor

Spidey got owned by Ebony Maw and Thanos. And Giant Man was this under slow guy who could barely get a hit on anyone but he took out Spidey without effort while falling down.

Those are all powerhouses above even Iron Man and Dr. Strange though. So I stand buy the fact that his performances have been decent when working in a team. He was crucial in defeating Giant Man which IM and WM seemingly couldnt do without Spidey.

Let's just agree to disagree if your only point is ""'Iron Man confirned it'""

That was hardly my only point Lol. More like confirmation of what was already shown. Writers intention like H1 always goes on about lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.